• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice thank you for everything you do for this thread. You've helped make Geno speculation so interesting in the past year. You didn't even have to share this with us, but you did. I'm glad that you're keeping us in the know, and I'm glad you came back regularly in this thread after your brief hiatus some months ago.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Bro, there's only one theory that ever work for Smash Bros and that was Box Theory. Every other theory just went straight into the trash can.

Also I'm not pessimistic for the sake of pessimistic. I'm pessimistic because I know a lot about this series. I know who ain't getting in, the writing is on the wall yet people refuse to believe it. I still see people who are delusional saying that a Mii Costume doesn't mean that character is deconfirm or that an Assist Trophy can still be one of the DLC characters. Yet time and time again it's shot down to the ground and I see them disappointed. Nobody learns anything, so I remain pessimistic because I learned my lesson with the series. And that lesson is that Sakurai isn't that much in touch with the fanbase so he legitimately thought that everyone would be happy with a png file because "he's in the game."
We've been over this stuff too much man. Ultimate has inspired a lot of hope in a lot of people for good reason (listening to the fans you claim Sakurai doesn't), you can't just take that way wholesale from people across the board.

Not the biggest fan in the world, just listened to a few catchy tunes when it first came out. I actually listened all of them strait through for the first time not to long ago and man, it took the orphanage to finally turn me into a crying mess.

People are watching. Haters, curious onlookers, members of other threads, etc. All of them are judging how we react. This is a snapshot they will all remember in regard to our community.
Well, I'll take knowing it haha. Hamilton can get to me sometimes if I listen to it in the right mood and it's also kind of a banger at times. It was the first time I listened to a musical and just "got it" in terms of enjoying musicals and I've been slowly developing my interest in them since (If you want to cry to one, Next to Normal reduces me to a puddle every single time I listen to it all the way through, it's brilliant, but so damn depressing and sad).

And agreed on the snapshot.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm so tired at this point I just watched a word literally morph like some hallucination so this will be my last post. Now that ive had some time to reflect im okay with them not choosing to announce at evo in any capacity. It would have been a crazy cool dream like scenario but this way it will likely be in a direct that will be at a reasonable hour and will garner far more natural live recordings of reactions to see an draw from. So good night and let's hope this starling thing airs out very very quickly for all our sakes.

Also why are people complaing about the 4chan ppl coming? It's not like they raided the board at all and thanks to them we hit our highest traffic yet. I counted 364 but it might have gone even higher between a refresh I missed. Didn't someone earlier say banjo was just a little over 300 at the time of his ACTUAL reveal. Way to go gang.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If the type of bird matters, consider the entire name of it.
I have a feeling it has nothing to do with Smash.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
No offense when I say this but feel free to take your pessimism and shove it in a garbage bag. It's a pain in the *** enough that we could be all hyped over an irrelevant picture but you acting like this is a real anchor to any positivity this thread ever has. It may be your opinion but quit popping people's balloons because you hate fun.
Best to pop your balloon sooner with a possible reality instead of letting it keep getting inflated and pop when it get too big. Look, I would love for that Mii Costume to never show up again along with any other Mii Costume, because they're all ugly and a complete waste of development time, but we got to remember that in between the fighters announcement during Smash Bros 4 they released Mii Costume by themselves. Good chance that the missing Virtua Fighter, Chocobo Hat, and Geno Mii Costume get rereleased a long with new ones as well. Take that into consideration, you can still have your fun but let's just be realistic.

Kurb

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! My name's Kurb. Now I may have just made an account because I was able to stop being lazy for like 2 minutes to make an account. While my account is new, I've been one of the several guests watching this thread for the past few days. I know things look bleak right now and morale is low, but as someone who's been wanting our blue puppet boy in for almost a decade, we've all been here before. We've had tough times but we've hung on. This isn't the end, not by a long shot!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah... **** off with that noise. I have plenty of autistic friends and flinging the term around like this is pretty ****ty. If you're that upset, you need to walk away for a bit. Shut the laptop or whatever and come back tomorrow or whenever. You're kind of just spiraling at this point and it's not looking good on you.
Dude can you not?
Really dude? Autism as an insult?
I posted earlier, but I will apologize again. It is normally not a word I use and it was a lapse of judgement to use it on my end.

I will be sure that I improve on my mindset and my word choices moving forward.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Really dude. Autism as an insult?
As someone who has Autism, I'm not insulted by this. It's the internet: you can't just expect people to be nice to each other when they can be jerks and get away with it. Thin skin and all that. I mean, 4Chan doing what they are is proof of that, XD.

So Sabi went and confirmed it means something? Wish she would have told me herself, but photoshop exists and I haven't seen this particular user post all that much personally, AND I'm doubting ya boi right now so I'm gonna say I don't believe it until it happens. This is now out of character and out of pattern for him, so I can't put in much faith, as it was sketchy on timing well before now.

So to you all I say this: trust only the missing Mii Costume until VRPlant comes out and says Geno is in. He doesn't play games or troll or set up weaker people to have their heartstrings pulled: he just calls it how it is.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight...

Since Evo’s closure, we now know that the type of the bird determines the leak, AND according to Sabi the leak is mostly likely Smash

I can’t take it anymor

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
If Nintendo can get Banjo in purely for the fanservice, then what’s stopping Geno? A new game isn’t coming so they had little to gain from it. They know Geno is up there too, so. Like others have said the question isn’t if, its when he’ll make it

Nicnac

Smash Ace
If the type of bird matters, consider the entire name of it.
I have a feeling it has nothing to do with Smash.
bruh what
Hi everyone! My name's Kurb. Now I may have just made an account because I was able to stop being lazy for like 2 minutes to make an account. While my account is new, I've been one of the several guests watching this thread for the past few days. I know things look bleak right now and morale is low, but as someone who's been wanting our blue puppet boy in for almost a decade, we've all been here before. We've had tough times but we've hung on. This isn't the end, not by a long shot!
Hello!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Welcome Kurb. Thank you for the encouragement.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
European Starling? They're also known as the Common Starling so.. I expect it to be Starling nor else
It's called an European Starling
As someone who lives in Europe, reading this instantly relates to Starfox. Here, Starfox is known as Starwing.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone Im catsforlife (AKA Don Patch) from the discord server. I just want to say blaming Evo Fatman or Sabi is not right. This is not the end of Geno we still have a chance. Its not right to get angry or yell at people trying to help. So please clam down for the fandom.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just want to say that I get where SSGuy SSGuy is coming from.

It's been a long time. We've been rooting and fighting and drawing and streaming and recording and watching and tweeting and everything else, and whenever we get even the slightest bit of something good coming our way, nothing comes of it. That's pretty rough.

On top of this, imagine what all the haters are going to say now? They have so much ammo to throw at us and mock us for being the 'dumb desperate Geno fans' and that really doesn't help either knowing that we kinda thought this would be a thing so we got hype and talked about it and now we are going to be made fun of for it just because we love a character.

On top of that, I get why he is upset with Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

First off, Fatman posting the starling was a overstepping of boundaries. I'm not going into details, but to me, that is what it seems like from what I know about the social circle. Not getting into details about the source's situation, but he was indisposed for a while and was unable to answer if the starling image meant anything or not. Jon posts otters and Fatman shares this image, and we talk about it thinking it might mean something for us...and the the Mii Costume doesn't come back. Now we are out for blood and CONVINCED this must mean something good in on the horizon, and EVO just lines up perfectly.

And then there is, yet again, nothing.

Jon's otters were likely for the Hero reveal and we didn't put that together. That's kinda on us, but it just all seemed to match up so well.

Now the image hint is past the source's normal window. This is uncharacteristic of him, which now allows doubt to seep in. Could this be the first time he was wrong? Could he be trolling? And the worst part is, we have NO IDEA what it means! We just have speculated how it could be for Geno, and other speculation is weak. It could literally be for nothing Smash related at all. We have no idea. Yet since Fatman shared it here, we have slowly garnered more and more hope around it when frankly, if he hadn't, we would just have the Mii Costume not returning to consider and we would have likely never thought thrice about an EVO reveal.

So I get it. I don't blame Fatman for how we reacted to it, but I understand feeling some sort of angst towards him.
Yes, it was an overstepping of boundaries because I wanted to wait until I had confirmation that it was a hint but people weren't having it. I got mad when people started attacking not only my character but his character for not sharing the picture. Yes, I let my emotions get the best of me and that's why any of you even know about it. I've already apologized here and to everyone involved.

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if I am being stupid, but how come the bird doesn't mean Kazooie. I'm not trying to start fire or anything. I'm just curious.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So Sabi went and confirmed it means something? Wish she would have told me herself, but photoshop exists and I haven't seen this particular user post all that much personally, AND I'm doubting ya boi right now so I'm gonna say I don't believe it until it happens. This is now out of character and out of pattern for him, so I can't put in much faith, as it was sketchy on timing well before now.
I'm pretty sure Rummy Rummy was the one who posted that, and they're a member of the same private discord as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice .

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. So let's consider some things about the bird.

It's a starling.

It's most likely Smash, but Sabi says maybe Pokemon.

Here's the thing. If it's Pokemon? Are they really going to introduce more birds? We've already had a big bird Pokemon reveal for Sword and Shield.

So if it's Smash. The options are Geno, maybe someone from Kirby because of the star theme going on there, but is there anyone else who might be a starling in the other sense of the word?

Like a starling. You know they say a ''Hollywood starlet."

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It's called an European Starling
As someone who lives in Europe, reading this instantly relates to Starfox. Here, Starfox is known as Starwing.
Typing “European starling” into Google says otherwise:
07482171-07D6-4F75-AEB2-47475691A628.png
So yeah, they’re the same.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice thank you for everything you do for this thread. You've helped make Geno speculation so interesting in the past year. You didn't even have to share this with us, but you did. I'm glad that you're keeping us in the know, and I'm glad you came back regularly in this thread after your brief hiatus some months ago.
I second everything in this post, and want to add something extra: even if the Starling doesn’t turn out to be Geno, even if we don’t get Geno in this Fighter Pass, AND even if we NEVER get Geno in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... your posts have helped drive this thread in positive directions and discussions. A lot of the creative posts, theories, and fan content I’ve seen come out of this thread would not have happened had you not been the driving force in keeping this thread alive. You’ve given us a strength to our voice that will continue to help us speak out about our desires until we’re finally heard. Thank you for helping keep our flame alive.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yes, it was an overstepping of boundaries because I wanted to wait until I had confirmation that it was a hint but people weren't having it. I got mad when people started attacking not only my character but his character for not sharing the picture. Yes, I let my emotions get the best of me and that's why any of you even know about it. I've already apologized here and to everyone involved.
It's okay. I can understand how you felt when you saw the hint.

I want to apologize to you as well for snapping at you earlier. I think what you bring is super encouraging. I'm not disappointed at you. I am disappointed that we cannot celebrate yet.

I hope you understand.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Not surprising. Why us...

Why not **** on some POS group like Sora or people who want some under aged sex appeal ****? The Single Digit IQ types
Dude, I know you're feeling pretty ****** right now but come on....

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
We've been over this stuff too much man. Ultimate has inspired a lot of hope in a lot of people for good reason (listening to the fans you claim Sakurai doesn't), you can't just take that way wholesale from people across the board.
When Sakurai was talking about Spirits he explained it as "a fun way to to include a character without making them a fighter." Sakurai thinks that people would love that the characters is in the game even if they're never playable.
As a 15 second puppet show? They're gonna love it!
As a costume that's a character look like a bootleg? They're gonna love it!
As a png file? They're gonna love it!
Sakurai legitimately believes that, so when they made that Assist Trophy segment in the November Direct he thought people were going to cheer and be super happy... you barely find anyone who didn't shout "NO!" during that segment.

He doesn't fully grasp the idea that Smash Bros fans only want their characters to be playable, they don't care about anything else. Sakurai thought that make Geno a Legendary Spirit would be amazing fanfare, but it wasn't. That's what he doesn't get and he proves that time and time again.

MomijiInubashiri630

Smash Apprentice
For those doubting me rn on that image, for whatever reason, it's pinned in the Source Gaming server leakchat. It was public info for days, and I told you guys to check there. I am not photoshopping ****. I'm being for real, please don't assume that of me, I hope I can come back to this place tommorow and see we calmed down

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Hmm. So let's consider some things about the bird.

It's a starling.

It's most likely Smash, but Sabi says maybe Pokemon.

Here's the thing. If it's Pokemon? Are they really going to introduce more birds? We've already had a big bird Pokemon reveal for Sword and Shield.

So if it's Smash. The options are Geno, maybe someone from Kirby because of the star theme going on there, but is there anyone else who might be a starling in the other sense of the word?

Like a starling. You know they say a ''Hollywood starlet."
Wait a moment, the new region is inspired by the UK right? Starling, European Starling..

Yeaah, it might be a New Pokémon.
It might. But It bugs me for some reason

EDIT:
They're American.

ForsakenM ForsakenM : MomijiInubashiri630 MomijiInubashiri630 's story is legit because it's practically verbatem with conversations had in the group in the past week.
So desuka.. I don't see it being too obvious then, I think it's Smash Related.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Rummy Rummy was the one who posted that, and they're a member of the same private discord as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice .
I know this, and I think it was MomijiInubashiri630 MomijiInubashiri630 who posted it.

I'm still saying that since this is out of character and pattern, I'm not trusting it.

Remember, I'm the man who for like a hundred pages politely yelled at people to not trust any leakers because you just have to take their word on it and they often have no proof of their claims. Sabi's source was golden up until now where it's looking a bit shaky, so of course I would be the first to doubt these claims as I am the one who tells everyone to Press X to Doubt at literally every leak no matter what.

At this point, only VRPlant is worth blindly believing: he plays no games and has been 100% correct. If he goofs up, I'll say the same about him too.

EDIT:

They're American.

ForsakenM ForsakenM : MomijiInubashiri630 MomijiInubashiri630 's story is legit because it's practically verbatem with conversations had in the group in the past week.
That's great but the legs are still starting to bend for this supposed image leak. We finally know something more concrete about it after weeks, and we STILL know nothing.

I'm betting it's Pokemon related. I mean, we already have a giant black bird with Corviknight. Maybe it's an evolution or pre-evolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom