• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And yeah, I think I'll be taking a break from here, so I won't be responding to anything.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
My dude, it's one thing to give opinions on something, but it's another to just start ****ing on other people's ideas.

Just let people have their theory on how the pass will go. You're just making fun of people with different opinions at this point which is immature as hell.

And Datboigeno Datboigeno was actually addressing everyone who couldn't accept other people's opinions and theories.
Yeah, you are completely wrong and have totally ignored most of what I have said. I'm very much eager to hear the theory and have even made lengths to try and see it. I admitted already that my post my not have been formatted in the best manner to achieve what I meant but I have already elaborated enough to explain my original intent and it's just been ignored.

Meanwhile Datboi is allowed to call people names and assume people's positions and generally just insult people and suddenly people whisk around and follow his lead to dogpile on people.

If this is what the thread is becoming that we turn on one another at the flip of a switch because we think we are in the right and we don't care about the other side, then I'll have nothing to do with this.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I never stated everybody needed to share the same opinion as me. Or say that it was OK to be a douchebag to anyone. I was responding to why people would immediately be critical of the idea before hearing the theory. They weren't even being particularly mean or hurtful in their comments, just more immediately dismissive of the theory. Which is in their right to do if they genuinely think that Mother doesn't have a chance at another character in Smash or that it's unlikely that we get someone like Ninten in the Fighter's Pass at all for whatever reasons like believing it's all third parties. They didn't attack him directly, just dismissed the theory immediately because the Mother part is where they clearly have some opinion or idea that it appears unreasonable. Nobody needs to share that opinion, but I was just saying how I was interpreting the community to likely be less keen on the idea and thus providing such a reaction.

And I'm going to be honest, I've seen comparatively little support for Mother getting a new rep in the four years I've been a more serious speculator and part of the community. Smash 4 had some occasional mentions of Porky and that was really it. He wasn't a major topic of discussion from what I saw. The next time I had Mother come up in any serious manner was Ninten once people thought he might be a good Echo fighter. With the end of Echo fighters a lot of that support dried up. And then there was the Porky thing when his spirit was found missing. That's really the most amped up I've seen speculation for an additional Mother character outside of the natural support threads where all characters have their supporters. Lucas had lots of support for his return in Smash 4 DLC, but I still contend that all veterans receive a massive boost in support that doesn't relate as much to their character (We had four Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4 already and very few people are that interested in Roy from his own games, but by god he remained a popular request for Smash). That's all anecdotal, but it's my commentary on how I've seen things over the past few years with regards to Mother. The only fan ballot I can remember Porky ever appearing on was Reddit's Top 50 (https://i.imgtc.com/9X06jCl.jpg) and he was 46th there. That's where I'm coming from when I say I don't really see the community as super receptive or excited on a larger scale for a Mother character. Now you can point to the same poll and say but Joker made it in! Which is fair, but also Persona didn't exist in Smash at all previously unlike Mother which has quite a bit of content and also is incredibly more likely to attract larger audiences as a less typically Nintendo third party franchise. Again, not that fan demand has to determine anything, but I think it would seriously put Mother in a much better position if it was there.

And sorry to say, but we're not getting rid of Dragon Quest until either it or Geno gets in to Smash. Geno is always going to exist with that competition around him and they will always be a part of the conversation when discussing Geno's chances.
Yeah man a lot of this is just your own perspective and bias. It just feels like playing devil's advocate on whether to be respectful of someone or not based on something very superficial like the type of franchise a rumor is about. It doesn't matter. People can just be chill about things and not be jerks when someone has an idea before outright ****ting on them about it.

Yeah, you are completely wrong and have totally ignored most of what I have said. I'm very much eager to hear the theory and have even made lengths to try and see it. I admitted already that my post my not have been formatted in the best manner to achieve what I meant but I have already elaborated enough to explain my original intent and it's just been ignored.

Meanwhile Datboi is allowed to call people names and assume people's positions and generally just insult people and suddenly people whisk around and follow his lead to dogpile on people.

If this is what the thread is becoming that we turn on one another at the flip of a switch because we think we are in the right and we don't care about the other side, then I'll have nothing to do with this.
I mean I'm just reading what people are writing and responding to it. I'm not trying to make any outside references to what people have don in the past or excuse behavior based on what is popular in the community. What I said can be formatted down to:

"Hey, don't be a meme-y **** to people just because their ideas sound out there and don't tell people how to go about writing rumors. Don't have double standards for theories and speculation."

It's not that complicated, friend. I'm not dogpiling on anyone. I was just specifically pointing out things that you were doing that were not cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd also kinda appreciate it if you don't mention or quote any of my posts since I'm gonna at least take a break from the thread, same to EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman and anyone else.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
TIL you can't post a reaction image in the Geno thread without the whole thread losing their ****

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
TIL you can't post a reaction image in the Geno thread without the whole thread losing their ****
I mean it really wasn't the reaction image itself but more the way someone was being **** on for their ideas. If we're good with mocking people who have different ideas from now on I have plenty of reaction images ready to ****post with because boy are there perspectives I don't agree with at all. But I was under the impression we were supposed to be more open and respectful about people's ideas.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah man a lot of this is just your own perspective and bias. It just feels like playing devil's advocate on whether to be respectful of someone or not based on something very superficial like the type of franchise a rumor is about. It doesn't matter. People can just be chill about things and not be jerks when someone has an idea before outright ****ting on them about it.
Sure, it's a lot of my perspective on things. That's what our threads are about the end of the day, and I was genuinely just saying why people may not have been super receptive to the idea to start out with, especially when coupled with the Atlantic Braves of all super specific things.

But beyond that, I don't think what they did was all that disrespectful. They reacted with skepticism and confusion without attacking anyone directly to what may be an initially wildly sounding connection. We do it all the times across SmashBoards with images like the ones posted. They didn't tell her to stop thinking about the theory, that it wasn't worth posting, or anything directly mean or hurtful that would place her in a position to not post the theory. It's a pretty common response to chuckle or go, "Wait, what?" to something that sounds out of left field to you before you've heard the evidence for it. That's basically all they did. There's still plenty of room for her to post her theory and for us to hear the actual ideas of it. I'm more than open to hearing it too and would like to see how that connection gets made.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean it really wasn't the reaction image itself but more the way someone was being **** on for their ideas. If we're good with mocking people who have different ideas from now on I have plenty of reaction images ready to ****post with because boy are their perspectives I don't agree with at all. But I was under the impression we were supposed to be more open and respectful about people's ideas.
It wasn't even a particularly inflammatory image, though. It was the Winslow walking in and out of a door meme. If posting that in response to someone's post qualifies as "****ting on them", then god forbid anyone have a sense of humor.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
They didn't tell her to stop thinking about the theory, that it wasn't worth posting, or anything directly mean or hurtful that would place her in a position to not post the theory.
I mean that seemed to be implicit from the responses that I saw and judging from Anigriffin's response that's how it seemed to be perceived. There are better ways people could have communicated it. I've seen some pretty wild ideas in the past that weren't reacted to as dismissively or taken as a joke. I've also seen it hammered in by people that we need to be open, accepting, and respectful of what people post here. So by that philosophy I thought the responses were a bit much for what was essentially a short description of a theory. Especially given that the Doyle/Arsene and Joker/Jack stuff was pretty out there.

>Sees the direction the Geno thread is going in

It wasn't even a particularly inflammatory image, though. It was the Winslow walking in and out of a door meme. If posting that in response to someone's post qualifies as "****ting on them", then god forbid anyone have a sense of humor.
I mean if what you all are collectively saying is that we can more actively ****post directly about people's ideas and theories now with memes and whatnot I am ok with that. I was just under the impression that we were supposed to be more receptive of what people are saying.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
>deliberately ignores everything going on because holy **** you guys

Honestly I'm getting the feel that Nintendo is going to have a massive E3. First a Super Mario Maker Direct and now a Pokemon one? That's two games we all expected to have a big showing at E3, getting stuff out of the way before the actual big week. There's still a lot of games they could go in-depth about, but honestly I can't help but wonder if they're clearing up time because they know they'll need it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
_(:3_/ /_ )\_

This is how I feel right now.

I'm not putting any of my input on any of the arguments going on but y'all gotta chill. Who wants some goddamn cake, I've got plenty. I'll read everyone a nice bedtime story to ease your troubles. It's a story about how a star in a wooden puppet walked into a wall and never felt the same ever again.

... I also have the ugly barnacle one, too.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>deliberately ignores everything going on because holy **** you guys

Honestly I'm getting the feel that Nintendo is going to have a massive E3. First a Super Mario Maker Direct and now a Pokemon one? That's two games we all expected to have a big showing at E3, getting stuff out of the way before the actual big week. There's still a lot of games they could go in-depth about, but honestly I can't help but wonder if they're clearing up time because they know they'll need it.
It seems like they have a bunch of things lined up especially if they're offloading expected things onto other directs. I've seen some "leaks" about what's going to be announced but tbh none of it seems that out there or exciting to me personally. I think there's definetely some big first party stuff they have yet to unveil. That seems to have been the message they've been sending for awhile now with just Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Mario Maker being the only things made public for awhile now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It seems like they have a bunch of things lined up especially if they're offloading expected things onto other directs. I've seen some "leaks" about what's going to be announced but tbh none of it seems that out there or exciting to me personally. I think there's definetely some big first party stuff they have yet to unveil. That seems to have been the message they've been sending for awhile now with just Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Mario Maker being the only things made public for awhile now.
Yeah, I'm getting that vibe too. And if it's something they're hiding, and it's E3-reveal worthy, oh boy...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm getting that vibe too. And if it's something they're hiding, and it's E3-reveal worthy, oh boy...
I'm really hoping that a chunk of it has to do with that Microsoft rumor. But I'd be lying if I said that wasn't because I just want Banjo-Kazooie to be announced for FP lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm really hoping that a chunk of it has to do with that Microsoft rumor. But I'd be lying if I said that wasn't because I just want Banjo-Kazooie to be announced for FP lol
You and me both pal.

Personally speaking the Nintendo stuff I need the most are revivals for F-Zero and Advance Wars - and that's just what I feel is realistic.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You and me both pal.

Personally speaking the Nintendo stuff I need the most are revivals for F-Zero and Advance Wars - and that's just what I feel is realistic.
Both Advance Wars and F-Zero would be great for the switch. I'm hoping that with Miyamoto having less overall creative control at the company that we'll finally see F-Zero again someday soon.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
In before Nintendo just does 20 minutes of Animal Crossing as their big highlight of the year and Erdrick is the only character announced at E3...

The salt of both the Smash community and the entire Nintendo community would be ****ing unreal lol.

Edit: And I'm someone who puts Animal Crossing alongside titles like Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Smash as a heavy hitter, so I'm just going to enjoy the show (Assuming this Animal Crossing is more New Leaf and less City Folk).

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
In before Nintendo just does 20 minutes of Animal Crossing as their big highlight of the year and Erdrick is the only character announced at E3...

The salt of both the Smash community and the entire Nintendo community would be ****ing unreal lol.

Edit: And I'm someone who puts Animal Crossing alongside titles like Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, and Smash as a heavy hitter, so I'm just going to enjoy the show (Assuming this Animal Crossing is more New Leaf and less City Folk).
Nah man it's just going to be the Erdrick trailer on a loop with Koichi Sugiyama laughing in the background.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

The new Animal Crossing is probably going to be the game I play the most of this year and next year as well.

With that established, I agree that it would be freaking stupid to do that. Animal Crossing by itself is not E3-friendly.

D

Deleted member

I'll be on Discord if anybody needs me. Looks like you've got your hands full.
PicsArt_05-28-08.59.08.jpg

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Seems like either Nintendo's E3 this year will be completely bonkers or it will be heavily mismanaged and fall short.
I mean... has it ever been different?

Though the usual E3 timeframe could easily be filled with other games that aren't Mario Maker or Pokémon, I think most people are sensing something else coming...

Personally, I just want my Smash reveals, Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain. Besides that, any non-exclusive third party we get is a blessing, especially high-profile ones.

Let's just remember to hype responsibly. If doubtful of the reasons for that, please refer to the first sentence of this post.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well , while I agree with you...
It's PiT. The "Return to the Future" of the M&L franchise. It's a complete mess , canon wise.
But I think there would be a point where the Yoshi couldn't find the shroobified Yoshi abomination anymore , he would have been way too big. Guess these Yoshis were addicted to cookies and forgot to exercise egg throwing...
Also , I know that the cookies are most likely a reference to Yoshi's Cookies , but... I want it to be a SMRPG reference so bad lol.
Even if Yoob was too big for them (though they faced bigger in YI), they would've at least tried. In fact I'd love a scene of them instead of hiding actually fighting the thing but it's too much for them. You can tweek several things without total character assassination... :yoshi:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Since Nintendo seems to be clearing up time, I could see Fatmanonice's information coming true. It may not relate to who Brave is, since it having a high chance of relating to Brave was just his speculation, but it could relate to another character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No single user is allowed to dictate how a discussion should go. Only the Moderation has the right to do that, and we generally talk it out among our selves before taking action. It's rarely a case where we don't discuss things. It can be as simple as "this is inappropriate, drop it" without breaking a sweat. There'd still be discussion behind the scenes of what to do with individual posts.

Regardless, please try to respect other opinions and not force your view onto someone else's. Also, be careful when calling people out. Be respectful about it and don't call them names. Sometimes it's better to report and let us handle it. There's a fine line between calling out bull**** while bringing a constructive reason why it's bull****, and basically mini-modding. We don't like mini-modding. It makes it harder for us to do our job because people don't know who to listen to. BTW, noting a person should "avoid double posting" or "probably should put that in spoilers" or "you have a swear word in there" isn't mini-modding in itself. But be careful when reminding someone of the rules, so that it doesn't sound like you're making a threat that a moderator will be sicced upon someone. We aren't attack dogs. We're people just doing our jobs.

link2702

Smash Champion

I’d be mad about the erdrick reveal, but an e3 mostly dedicated to animal crossing ? Idk I could probably live with that if they made enough new features to it to make it worthwhile.

Give us the ability to view our town in either the typical top down view/rolling log view, a third person view with adjustable camera, or view everything in first person. Make a lot of “game” furniture functional(as in a billiards table lets you play an actual game of pool, the foosball, air hockey table, chess, etc all letting you play those games), and letting you play these games either against a cpu villager, online against a random person, or someone visiting your town, letting you play your nes games from switch online directly through animal crossing to be a bit of a throwback to the first ac (maybe with limited functionality such as no savestates), outdoor furniture, having the ability to actually ask villagers if they need a favor again like the first game (letting you do more when you’ve done most other chores or shopping in town) giving you the ability to move your home somewhere else in town, larger towns in general, or hell maybe the ability to have multiple towns each with different themes that you are mayor of, give players the ability to be an animal instead of human (odd I know, but hey more options, maybe even make some cpu villagers random humans with random names and personalities), More engaging bug catching and fishing.....

If Nintendo handled it right, an e3 dedicated to mostly animal crossing probably wouldn’t be too bad...

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Animal Crossing I feel will probably be given the red carpet treatment at E3. I'm pretty sure we're going to get updates for both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Bayonetta 3 at the very least since both Mario Maker 2 and Sword and Shield had their own seperate directs. The only previously announced title that I'm unsure of is Shin Megami Tensei 5 as far as 3rd party support goes, though I'm guessing we'll get announcements/release dates for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Doom Eternal ports

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
if Animal Crossing ended up taking most of the spotlight during E3, I'd feel like Non Smash fans did during last E3.

never played a game in the series. But who knows, maybe they'd handle the game in a way where even I'd be interested.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I am kinda expecting Golden Sun 4, new F-Zero, New Advance Wars, Geno, Banjo, and heck maybe SMRPG II. Oh, and a M & L collection for switch with all of the games and the DX versions of SS and BIS, (hopefully with hard modes), and release dates for Animal Crossing, Luigi’s Mansion, and Bayonetta 3. And the reveal of Retro’s project as ........
Either a new Star Fox, a 3D Kirby game with an Amazing Mirror style, a new 3D DK game, Startropics 3 or maybe ..
Mysterious Murasame Castle 2! It could be awesome! And honestly that would be an awesome reveal,

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I am kinda expecting Golden Sun 4, new F-Zero, New Advance Wars, Geno, Banjo, and heck maybe SMRPG II. Oh, and a M & L collection for switch with all of the games and the DX versions of SS and BIS, (hopefully with hard modes), and release dates for Animal Crossing, Luigi’s Mansion, and Bayonetta 3. And the reveal of Retro’s project as ........
Either a new Star Fox, a 3D Kirby game with an Amazing Mirror style, a new 3D DK game, Startropics 3 or maybe ..
Mysterious Murasame Castle 2! It could be awesome! And honestly that would be an awesome reveal,
You might wanna tone down those expectations, but damn is that a lovely list.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Animal Crossing I feel will probably be given the red carpet treatment at E3. I'm pretty sure we're going to get updates for both Luigi's Mansion 3 and Bayonetta 3 at the very least since both Mario Maker 2 and Sword and Shield had their own seperate directs. The only previously announced title that I'm unsure of is Shin Megami Tensei 5 as far as 3rd party support goes, though I'm guessing we'll get announcements/release dates for the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Doom Eternal ports
I'm gonna be honest with you : I also really want a Reignited Trilogy port on Switch , like... Spyro games on the PS1 are very costy.
My problem is... With the PS4 version , you had to download the rest of the game. No way in hell a Switch cartridge could have the entire trilogy in it.
And I don't want to dowload the game when I bought a physical copy.

Also , I'll be fine with AC having a big segment in E3... But not Smash E3 2018 level of big segment. Smash was 70% of Nintendo's 2018 E3.
But I cant deny that AC will probably be one of E3 biggest titles for Nintendo. I hope they don't rush it to release it for the holidays tho.

Also holy moly , totally forgot about Bayo 3. However , the "Developpers are working hard on it !" being the only news we got on it since March is... Concerning. I have this bad feeling that they might not show anything concrete at E3. The best scenario for me would be a gameplay teaser (With maybe a new haircut for Bayonetta lol)

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be honest with you : I also really want a Reignited Trilogy port on Switch , like... Spyro games on the PS1 are very costy.
My problem is... With the PS4 version , you had to download the rest of the game. No way in hell a Switch cartridge could have the entire trilogy in it.
And I don't want to dowload the game when I bought a physical copy.

Also , I'll be fine with AC having a big segment in E3... But not Smash E3 2018 level of big segment. Smash was 70% of Nintendo's 2018 E3.
But I cant deny that AC will probably be one of E3 biggest titles for Nintendo. I hope they don't rush it to release it for the holidays tho.

Also holy moly , totally forgot about Bayo 3. However , the "Developpers are working hard on it !" being the only news we got on it since March is... Concerning. I have this bad feeling that they might not show anything concrete at E3. The best scenario for me would be a gameplay teaser (With maybe a new haircut for Bayonetta lol)
You do realize that the Switch flash cards are capable of storing a lot more memory than a PS4 disc, right?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You do realize that the Switch flash cards are capable of storing a lot more memory than a PS4 disc, right?
This isn’t remotely true. The highest variant of Switch card is the 32 GB model, which costs a fortune to produce and drives the cost of the game up. The only game that uses one is Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 exclusively in Japan. The supposed 64 GB card has never been used and presumably costs even more (if it even properly exists tbh). Most Switch games are 16 GB or less because it’s cheaper to produce.

Blu-Ray Discs hold an average of 50 GB these days and are incredibly cheap to produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom