• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Wait, Polar said something about Brave possibly being tied to a new game? :0

Oh, and awww, I actually unironically been wanting Byleth, I think she/he would be really cool.
My main problem about Byleth is that he/she feel like Corrin 2.0. , when talking about Smash. It would be a pure shill rep ; heck , beside looking like an Angry Marth , we don't know much about this avatar. I'm scared to fight another DLC swordfighter , ngl...
But if you have more info about Byleth , especially about his/her potential moveset , feel free to share it to me. I'm not fully against Byleth , so some infos could help.

Also , talking about Corrin... I'm still disapointed that he doesn't use the magic of Nohr and Hoshido in his moveset. His ehanced classes can use magic.
But then again , it's the same story with Chrom and Lucina (no spear or aether).
Honestly my connection to Corrin is weird. I love Fates , I spend 900 hours on it , but... I still like the guy , but I don't play him much in Smash.
The :4olimar:/:4corrin: match-up , back in Sm4sh , must have traumatized me from Corrin lol. Exagerating a little bit , but Corrin's pin in Sm4sh was too silly.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oh jeez a ton of responses.

Okay the info actually came from Fatman back in April, I don’t have the screencaps on me at the moment since I’m on mobile but he mentioned that there’s a good possibility that “Brave” will be tied to announcements much larger than the character. It was in this thread, and I was hoping he’d come back with more info surrounding it but he hasn’t sadly.

Wait, did you already say who you thought Brave might be referring to? Is it Ninten?
Yeah, that’s who I’m thinking it is. I’ve got a pretty big slideshow that I’m gonna post in the Ninten thread sometime this week explaining why, but for the short and long of it as far as the name goes, is that a friend of mine connected Brave to the Atlanta Braves baseball team.

Again nothing’s 100%, but there’s another way to interpret it that isn’t the same Erdrick/Sora/Banjo trifecta everyone seems to say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main problem about Byleth is that he/she feel like Corrin 2.0. , when talking about Smash. It would be a pure shill rep ; heck , beside looking like an Angry Marth , we don't know much about this avatar. I'm scared to fight another DLC swordfighter , ngl...
But if you have more info about Byleth , especially about his/her potential moveset , feel free to share it to me. I'm not fully against Byleth , so some infos could help.

Also , talking about Corrin... I'm still disapointed that he doesn't use the magic of Nohr and Hoshido in his moveset. His ehanced classes can use magic.
But then again , it's the same story with Chrom and Lucina (no spear or aether).
Honestly my connection to Corrin is weird. I love Fates , I spend 900 hours on it , but... I still like the guy , but I don't play him much in Smash.
The :4olimar:/:4corrin: match-up , back in Sm4sh , must have traumatized me from Corrin lol. Exagerating a little bit , but Corrin's pin in Sm4sh was too silly.
Male Corrin doesn't exist

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Okay the info actually came from Fatman back in April, I don’t have the screencaps on me at the moment since I’m on mobile but he mentioned that there’s a good possibility that “Brave” will be tied to announcements much larger than the character. It was in this thread, and I was hoping he’d come back with more info surrounding it but he hasn’t sadly.

Yeah, that’s who I’m thinking it is. I’ve got a pretty big slideshow that I’m gonna post in the Ninten thread sometime this week explaining why, but for the short and long of it as far as the name goes, is that a friend of mine connected Brave to the Atlanta Braves baseball team.

Again nothing’s 100%, but there’s another way to interpret it that isn’t the same Erdrick/Sora/Banjo trifecta everyone seems to say.
Oh interesting! I’ll be looking forward to that slideshow.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

You're really going with that huh

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

21r3y4.jpg

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Male Corrin doesn't exist
Well that’s exactly the kind of response I expected tbh.

Think whatever you want. Guess I’ll leave.
He does , and he's a good boy.

---

If you don't want to post it here , could you post it in my DMs or give me a link to the Ninten thread , where you explained it ?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So, first, for Jesse McCartney, he didn't outright say that he wasn't going to be voice acting. He gave a neutral response of "I don't know yet." This is different from an official statement explicitly saying "we have no plans for Sora in SSBU."

For Vexen's voice actor, you might think I'm reaching here, but he said "it is my understanding that it was recorded" rather than giving a straight, clear cut confirmation of it. He then said "I was not asked" rather than "I will not be voice acting." Again, it ties into "I dunno, I'm not sure yet."

It's all different from an official statement of "we have no plans for Sora in SSBU."
Regardless, all of them were contacted to do the voice work well before these things of them denying involvement came out.

I have since found no information proving the Shinji Hashimoto lied about FF7Remake so it's likely nothing more than a rumor, ruling that out as any possible evidence.

However, the fact that Shinji doesn't have to know anything about Sora in Ultimate for Sora to come along is perfectly valid: only Sakurai/Nintendo and Disney + Nomura need to be involved. No one else needs to be, including Shinji.

Okay the info actually came from Fatman back in April, I don’t have the screencaps on me at the moment since I’m on mobile but he mentioned that there’s a good possibility that “Brave” will be tied to announcements much larger than the character. It was in this thread, and I was hoping he’d come back with more info surrounding it but he hasn’t sadly

Pfft, okay that was funny. Sorry Anigriff, but my god this was great.

Back to seriously addressing your post though, I just spoke with Sabi/ PolarPanda PolarPanda and she has no ties to this information whatsoever. This is all on Fatmanonice Fatmanonice so credibility falls onto him. People really need to stop throwing Sabi's/Polar's name around tied to information when they don;t know for sure. If you have information that you think is tied to Sabi/Polar but you aren't sure...

Well, first off, don't post it acting like you are sure...but after that, either DM/PM her on her or on Discord. If you can't or don't feel comfortable, hit me up and I'll run it by her. It's really that easy to stop misinformation.

Secondly, I'm not sure who didn't tune into the fairly uneventful Pokemon Press Conference yesterday, but they announced they are having a Pokemon Direct on Sword and Shield on June 5th. So no, not much on Sword and Shield will be at E3 because it's taking place BEFORE E3...which really begs the question here...

What in the hell does Nintendo have for E3 that could possibly take up so much time?

I know we've got Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and maybe Astral Chain and even less likely Metroid Prime 4. Maybe that Bubble-Gum Ninja game they briefly showed at last E3? Sure there is Smash, but even if we get two character reveals there is no way Smash is taking up nearly as much time as it did last E3, and with Super Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon Sword and Shield being such HUGE titles with tons to talk about happening before E3 it has me a bit intrigued.

Seems like either Nintendo's E3 this year will be completely bonkers or it will be heavily mismanaged and fall short.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Really? People are going to start ****ting on people’s ideas before they’re even fully presented and explained?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think Sakurai would really care about the Atlanta Braves.
I mean I don’t see why he would’ve necessarily cared about fictional detectives either but that didn’t stop him from using such a reference for Joker/Arsene. We also don’t know if he’s the one assigning the code names.

Back to seriously addressing your post though, I just spoke with Sabi/ PolarPanda PolarPanda and she has no ties to this information whatsoever. This is all on Fatmanonice Fatmanonice so credibility falls onto him. People really need to stop throwing Sabi's/Polar's name around tied to information when they don;t know for sure. If you have information that you think is tied to Sabi/Polar but you aren't sure...

Well, first off, don't post it acting like you are sure...but after that, either DM/PM her on her or on Discord. If you can't or don't feel comfortable, hit me up and I'll run it by her. It's really that easy to stop misinformation.

Secondly, I'm not sure who didn't tune into the fairly uneventful Pokemon Press Conference yesterday, but they announced they are having a Pokemon Direct on Sword and Shield on June 5th. So no, not much on Sword and Shield will be at E3 because it's taking place BEFORE E3...which really begs the question here...

What in the hell does Nintendo have for E3 that could possibly take up so much time?

I know we've got Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and maybe Astral Chain and even less likely Metroid Prime 4. Maybe that Bubble-Gum Ninja game they briefly showed at last E3? Sure there is Smash, but even if we get two character reveals there is no way Smash is taking up nearly as much time as it did last E3, and with Super Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon Sword and Shield being such HUGE titles with tons to talk about happening before E3 it has me a bit intrigued.

Seems like either Nintendo's E3 this year will be completely bonkers or it will be heavily mismanaged and fall short.
Sorry, who died and made you the rumor police? Anigriffin already corrected herself in the post that you quoted. You don’t need to be telling anyone how to go about posting their thoughts on things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regardless, all of them were contacted to do the voice work well before these things of them denying involvement came out.

I have since found no information proving the Shinji Hashimoto lied about FF7Remake so it's likely nothing more than a rumor, ruling that out as any possible evidence.

However, the fact that Shinji doesn't have to know anything about Sora in Ultimate for Sora to come along is perfectly valid: only Sakurai/Nintendo and Disney + Nomura need to be involved. No one else needs to be, including Shinji.
None of them explicitly said "no, I will not be doing this." They all gave neutral responses of "huh, I dunno." Shinji specifically confirmed

And gonna need to know where you got that last bit. Even then, he may not have to know, but he's the co-creator of Kingdom Hearts. He's probably in the know of Sora's situation for Smash.

Also lmao at everyone ****ing on people's opinion that's not their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Really? People are going to start ****ting on people’s ideas before they’re even fully presented and explained?

I mean I don’t see why he would’ve necessarily cared about fictional detectives either but that didn’t stop him from using such a reference for Joker/Arsene. We also don’t know if he’s the one assigning the code names.
Once again to clarify, I didn't say anything about The Anigriffin The Anigriffin or their theory. Hell, there is a theory about Banjo and Brave regarding Scottish folklore and how bears are often tied with the word brave. If someone is going that far and Sakurai and Co tied to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who's to say he can't tie something to a sports team?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Once again to clarify, I didn't say anything about The Anigriffin The Anigriffin or their theory. Hell, there is a theory about Banjo and Brave regarding Scottish folklore and how bears are often tied with the word brave. If someone is going that far and Sakurai and Co tied to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who's to say he can't tie something to a sports team?
No, you just joined in on ****ting on someone sharing a theory just because of a lolsofunny picture and then proceded to dictate how they should cite where they heard things from when that’s really not your call in the slightest after said person already corrected themselves.

...Yeah I think I'm gonna leave. Better than being the laughing stock of Smashboards.
Honestly I don’t know where this blatant disrespect is coming from considering how polite and submissive people have been to people who literally come and **** on the thread or **** on Geno’s chances. I still want to see the slideshow.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master

Wait what? I thought Joker's code name was "Jack", which was supposed to be a reference to jack Frost, that little snowy dude with the blue hat?

Or was there some other code name I was completely unaware of or forgot about?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait what? I thought Joker's code name was "Jack", which was supposed to be a reference to jack Frost, that little snowy dude with the blue hat?

Arsene's codename was "Doyle," and the connection between them (or at least the speculated connection) is from the author Arthur Conan Doyle.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

Arsene is codenamed "Doyle" in the game's files in reference to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mean, even if we get basically nothing new, I wouldn't say Nintendo is falling short. E3 is increasingly on its way out and becoming more and more irrelevant as companies prioritize their own announcements and small presentations to present to the general public. This is the first year Sony just decided not to show up and last year they barely showed anything beyond their four major titles. How much of E3 ends up boiling down to cringe compilations as far too many public game reveals become laughable instances of completely misunderstood hype levels. Ubisoft and EA always lead the pack in that regard. Bethesda really doesn't have enough to hold conferences except for they're doing genuinely big reveals. Square Enix doesn't show theirs publicly anyway to begin with. Microsoft always spend a whole lot of their stage time on nothing. It has been a long downward trend for the event and I think we should begin to stop expecting so much from E3. It's more of a continued info dump with demos these days than the blow-outs, and the blow-outs mean so little when they're 2, 3, even 4+ years out from release. I remember Sony's E3 2015 having the vaporware trinity of The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and Shenmue 3. The Last Guardian released in a fairly reasonable time frame, but we're in mid 2019 and the other two have still yet to be released (With Shenmue 3 I think coming later this year?). That's four years of waiting which just makes far too many announcements seem poorly managed and too early for their own good (Obviously Shenmue 3 had the bull**** kickstarter stuff, so maybe some point can be made there...).

E3 has just felt less important every year, and Nintendo is clearly working their way through their announcements. Just with less of an emphasis on E3 specifically which is just the way things have been going anyway.

When the theory concerns Mother getting another character, you're going to lose a huge chunk of the room as soon as you state that. That's not exactly a particularly popular sentiment or idea in the community and really hasn't been except for the two weeks people thought Porky might be in the DLC because his Spirit and Boss were missing from the base game.

I'm not saying The Anigriffin The Anigriffin shouldn't believe in whatever he wants to believe, but it's a real hard sale before we even get into the theory crafting part of things for most people (Myself included, there's some cool characters, but I find a new one to be about as likely as F-Zero getting a new fighter, especially when they've already put so many Spirits from the series already in Smash and all the Fighter's Pass is coming with Spirit Boards...)

D

Deleted member

When the theory concerns Mother getting another character, you're going to lose a huge chunk of the room as soon as you state that. That's not exactly a particularly popular sentiment or idea in the community and really hasn't been except for the two weeks people thought Porky might be in the DLC because his Spirit and Boss were missing from the base game.

I'm not saying The Anigriffin The Anigriffin shouldn't believe in whatever he wants to believe, but it's a real hard sale before we even get into the theory crafting part of things for most people (Myself included, there's some cool characters, but I find a new one to be about as likely as F-Zero getting a new fighter, especially when they've already put so many Spirits from the series already in Smash and all the Fighter's Pass is coming with Spirit Boards...)
Probably because not everyone shares the same opinion as you.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Sorry, where exactly is it stated that speculation of a character from a certain franchise makes it okay to be a douchebag to people? Also people have been speculating for a Mother related character for awhile if there was going to be a rep from a returning franchise even if said conversation is usually focused on Porky or Klaus. I see more people legitimately hyped for that than ****ing Dragon Quest. But really the franchise doesn’t matter. We could just not be ***** to people sharing new ideas. Unless we just want to circlejerk about how great and inevitable Erdrick is again because of all the “evidence” because oh boy no one is tired of that here no sir.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Arsene is codenamed "Doyle" in the game's files in reference to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes.
Hmm, first I'm hearing of this.

Was Arsene a detective of sorts or something (Never played Persona 5)? If so, Arsene getting that codename kinda makes sense when Sherlock Holmes is one of the most popular detectives there is, or atleast makes more sense than the Atlanta Braves one since, to my knowledge, they aren't exactly that big compared to other baseball teams or that much more famous.

Not trying to be hard on or ridicule Anigriffin on this, I might want to be clear. just wanting to try and reason this out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was Arsene a detective of sorts or something (Never played Persona 5)? If so, Arsene getting that codename kinda makes sense when Sherlock Holmes is one of the most popular detectives there is, or atleast makes more sense than the Atlanta Braves one since, to my knowledge, they aren't exactly that big compared to other baseball teams or that much more famous.

Not trying to be hard on or ridicule Anigriffin on this, I might want to be clear. just wanting to try and reason this out.
I mean, Ninten is also a baseball player, so he'd connect to the Atlanta Braves the same way if you're going by Arsene being a detective making Doyle an "obvious" codename for him.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman

Arsene is Joker's Persona, named after Arsene Lupin, a famous fictional thief created by Maurice Leblanc. The connection is probably just that the classic literature relation.

Anyone want to fill me in on why we're talking about the Atlanta Braves?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
No, you just joined in on ****ting on someone sharing a theory just because of a lolsofunny picture and then proceded to dictate how they should cite where they heard things from when that’s really not your call in the slightest after said person already corrected themselves.

Honestly I don’t know where this blatant disrespect is coming from considering how polite and submissive people have been to people who literally come and **** on the thread or **** on Geno’s chances. I still want to see the slideshow.
Glad you can determine the context of a post by simply viewing it and using some sort of foretelling spell. Was it Divination, Commune, or Augury? Or did you just scry because we are on the same plane?

All I did was apologize for finding something funny since that is the world we live in currently. Nothing more or less. How can I even critique something that I haven't seen? That's not how things work and you are making assumptions, and I think you can remember what happens when you assume...

As for The Anigriffin The Anigriffin if you decide to post it here or not at least let me know where you do post it so I can at least read it. I'm not sure if I'll give an honest critique or anything seeing as a few memes made you not feel like posting it here and depending on the quality of the theory I may have to go in on it harder than others, BUT I am interested in seeing the connections trying to be made nonetheless.

Really, you shouldn't let other people's opinions stop you from posting something. If you aren't hurting someone or yourself than who cares what others think?

Sorry, where exactly is it stated that speculation of a character from a certain franchise makes it okay to be a douchebag to people? Also people have been speculating for a Mother related character for awhile if there was going to be a rep from a returning franchise even if said conversation is usually focused on Porky or Klaus. I see more people legitimately hyped for that than ****ing Dragon Quest. But really the franchise doesn’t matter. We could just not be ***** to people sharing new ideas. Unless we just want to circlejerk about how great and inevitable Erdrick is again because of all the “evidence” because oh boy no one is tired of that here no sir.
The only one really being a douchebag right now is you who is adhominem-ing people who simply have stated they find this theory ridiculous at first glance. They are allowed to state such just as much as Anigriffin is allowed to post it here anyway and not care or to take it personally. Quit the name-calling and stop promoting this image.

Actually Arsene is the name of another fictional character named Arsene Lupin who is a infamous thief and has had encounters with both 'Herlock Sholmes' and the actual Sherlock Holmes who was created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Arsene is Joker's Persona, named after Arsene Lupin, a famous fictional thief created by Maurice Leblanc. The connection is probably just that the classic literature relation.

Anyone want to fill me in on why we're talking about the Atlanta Braves?
I have no idea, The Anigriffin The Anigriffin has some sort of theory apparently that could connect it to Smash somehow but we may now never see it in this thread because of sensitivities.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I mean, Ninten is also a baseball player, so he'd connect to the Atlanta Braves the same way if you're going by Arsene being a detective making Doyle an "obvious" codename for him.
I get that. I just figure that Sherlock Holmes is much bigger in the fictional detective world than the Braves are in the baseball world (atleast AFAIK, not a baseball expert by any means).

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Glad you can determine the context of a post by simply viewing it and using some sort of foretelling spell. Was it Divination, Commune, or Augury? Or did you just scry because we are on the same plane?

All I did was apologize for finding something funny since that is the world we live in currently. Nothing more or less. How can I even critique something that I haven't seen? That's not how things work and you are making assumptions, and I think you can remember what happens when you assume...

As for The Anigriffin The Anigriffin if you decide to post it here or not at least let me know where you do post it so I can at least read it. I'm not sure if I'll give an honest critique or anything seeing as a few memes made you not feel like posting it here and depending on the quality of the theory I may have to go in on it harder than others, BUT I am interested in seeing the connections trying to be made nonetheless.

Really, you shouldn't let other people's opinions stop you from posting something. If you aren't hurting someone or yourself than who cares what others think?

The only one really being a douchebag right now is you who is adhominem-ing people who simply have stated they find this theory ridiculous at first glance. They are allowed to state such just as much as Anigriffin is allowed to post it here anyway and not care or to take it personally. Quit the name-calling and stop promoting this image.

Actually Arsene is the name of another fictional character named Arsene Lupin who is a infamous thief and has had encounters with both 'Herlock Sholmes' and the actual Sherlock Holmes who was created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I have no idea, The Anigriffin The Anigriffin has some sort of theory apparently that could connect it to Smash somehow but we may now never see it in this thread because of sensitivities.
Fam just let people guess about the Fighter Pass. It's more entertaining than chirping about Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

"Pff okay that was funny. Sorry Anigriff, but my god this is great." Yeah I think you should read your post again.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I mean I can read just as well as anybody and saw you try to tell someone how to post a rumor and who to check things out with as if you have any authority on it after blatantly laughing at them.

There’s most definitely been a standard of respect people have had for the ideas of others. The mods who always hang out here have pointed it out before. It’s one thing to critique someone’s ideas and another to be a complete jerk about it. What ad hominem attacks am I making exactly? I’m just pointing out the double standard people are having for this particular theory when they’ve been perfectly content with other wild ideas getting thrown around. You don’t have to love or agree with someone’s ideas but you can still give them a level of respect and decency.

Also you don’t get to tell people how they should be feeling as a result of getting **** on in a thread :^)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
"Pff okay that was funny. Sorry Anigriff, but my god this is great." Yeah I think you should read your post again.
Yeah, I quoted KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 because his image response was funny. Big deal. I laughed. Get over it. People can find things funny and still be serious about the topic at large. If you can't separate that then that's on you, not me.

Man, laugh at one thing semi-related to something people care about and everyone loses their minds! Where is a Joker meme template when you need it.

Okay, so since people can't seem to understand the tone of the sentence structure AND I'm often bad at English sentencing, allow me to clarify step-by-step.

Do you see how I quoted the image, then responded with the 'Pff okay that was funny.' bit? Yeah, that means I'm responding to the image being funny. The idea that this image meme exist is amusing to me, and on top of that it was a funny response for someone to make in response to a theory they think is outlandish. It had nothing to do with The Anigriffin The Anigriffin or their post other than it was a response to it. Once again, context matters, and the context here is that I found the image response funny but not necessarily the OP.

The reason I apologized is because I knew that if I didn't say something it would seem I was laughing at him and his idea rather than the image response, but clearly it wasn't worded well enough. I would have figured if I just quoted his OP and laughed at that instead of the image, the idea would have gotten across that I found his idea ridiculous and hilarious vs just finding the image hilarious, but clearly that wasn't good enough for the citizens here.

I mean I can read just as well as anybody and saw you try to tell someone how to post a rumor and who to check things out with as if you have any authority on it after blatantly laughing at them.

There’s most definitely been a standard of respect people have had for the ideas of others. The mods who always hang out here have pointed it out before. It’s one thing to critique someone’s ideas and another to be a complete jerk about it. What ad hominem attacks am I making exactly? I’m just pointing out the double standard people are having for this particular theory when they’ve been perfectly content with other wild ideas getting thrown around. You don’t have to love or agree with someone’s ideas but you can still give them a level of respect and decency.

Also you don’t get to tell people how they should be feeling as a result of getting **** on in a thread :^)
I never told anyone how they should feel. I told Ani that he shouldn't let what people say stop him from posting his idea. Quit twisting things and trying to strawman. You are trying to build me as someone who laughs at people's genuine ideas and arguments when I've ever only taken them seriously and probably too seriously to be honest. I'm sorry, I'm not this evil being who laughs at people and calls them stupid or ridiculous. I've already stated multiple times that I'm eager to hear the theory regardless of it's context or how or where it's posted or in spite of what others might think about it. That alone should be enough proof of my position, but suddenly everyone is trigger-happy because 'You made fun of my friend's idea! How dare you!' even when I never did anything of the sort.

You called people douchebags. That is attacking someone instead of addressing the actual issue in a polite and respectful manner. That is labeling them as something so you can justify your position better. It's both partial strawmanning and using an adhominem. Also you labeled me as 'rumor police' earlier when all I did was point out that Sabi was not involved and offered a way to keep her name clear of things she is not involved with. Yet again, you seem to be almost unable of having an intense conversation when things get a small bit heated without insulting people and on top of it YOU are the one who started this session to go after people who merely expressed themselves.

Because people started ****ing on ideas that weren't their own you mean?
No one did anything of the sort. KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 expressed his opinion on the idea in a humorous manner. He is allowed to do that.

I stated that I found that response humorous and apologized for doing so when I didn't need to so that I could properly address Anigriffin's post and attempt to make it clear that despite me finding that response humorous, I'm still interested over all.

Now, here is an idea: how about we allow people to express themselves however they choose so long as it's not attacking someone (which oddly enough, Datboigeno does fall under the attacking while KCChiefs does not) and get over our own collective hubris?

Or if you would rather stay a part of 'jump-the-gun' culture and continue sharpening your pitchforks whilst staring menacingly, at least let me know so I can go ahead and stop by Hobby Lobby and Home Depot to get you some tar and feathers expenses paid.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I quoted KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 because his image response was funny. Big deal. I laughed. Get over it. People can find things funny and still be serious about the topic at large. If you can't separate that then that's on you, not me.

Man, laugh at one thing semi-related to something people care about and everyone loses their minds! Where is a Joker meme template when you need it.

Okay, so since people can't seem to understand the tone of the sentence structure AND I'm often bad at English sentencing, allow me to clarify step-by-step.

Do you see how I quoted the image, then responded with the 'Pff okay that was funny.' bit? Yeah, that means I'm responding to the image being funny. The idea that this image meme exist is amusing to me, and on top of that it was a funny response for someone to make in response to a theory they think is outlandish. It had nothing to do with The Anigriffin The Anigriffin or their post other than it was a response to it. Once again, context matters, and the context here is that I found the image response funny but not necessarily the OP.

The reason I apologized is because I knew that if I didn't say something it would seem I was laughing at him and his idea rather than the image response, but clearly it wasn't worded well enough. I would have figured if I just quoted his OP and laughed at that instead of the image, the idea would have gotten across that I found his idea ridiculous and hilarious vs just finding the image hilarious, but clearly that wasn't good enough for the citizens here.

I never told anyone how they should feel. I told Ani that he shouldn't let what people say stop him from posting his idea. Quit twisting things and trying to strawman. You are trying to build me as someone who laughs at people's genuine ideas and arguments when I've ever only taken them seriously and probably too seriously to be honest. I'm sorry, I'm not this evil being who laughs at people and calls them stupid or ridiculous. I've already stated multiple times that I'm eager to hear the theory regardless of it's context or how or where it's posted or in spite of what others might think about it. That alone should be enough proof of my position, but suddenly everyone is trigger-happy because 'You made fun of my friend's idea! How dare you!' even when I never did anything of the sort.

You called people douchebags. That is attacking someone instead of addressing the actual issue in a polite and respectful manner. That is labeling them as something so you can justify your position better. It's both partial strawmanning and using an adhominem. Also you labeled me as 'rumor police' earlier when all I did was point out that Sabi was not involved and offered a way to keep her name clear of things she is not involved with. Yet again, you seem to be almost unable of having an intense conversation when things get a small bit heated without insulting people and on top of it YOU are the one who started this session to go after people who merely expressed themselves.

No one did anything of the sort. KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 expressed his opinion on the idea in a humorous manner. He is allowed to do that.

I stated that I found that response humorous and apologized for doing so when I didn't need to so that I could properly address Anigriffin's post and attempt to make it clear that despite me finding that response humorous, I'm still interested over all.

Now, here is an idea: how about we allow people to express themselves however they choose so long as it's not attacking someone (which oddly enough, Datboigeno does fall under the attacking while KCChiefs does not) and get over our own collective hubris?

Or if you would rather stay a part of 'jump-the-gun' culture and continue sharpening your pitchforks whilst staring menacingly, at least let me know so I can go ahead and stop by Hobby Lobby and Home Depot to get you some tar and feathers expenses paid.
My dude, it's one thing to give opinions on something, but it's another to just start ****ing on other people's ideas.

Just let people have their theory on how the pass will go. You're just making fun of people with different opinions at this point which is immature as hell.

And Datboigeno Datboigeno was actually addressing everyone who couldn't accept other people's opinions and theories.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Probably because not everyone shares the same opinion as you.
I never stated everybody needed to share the same opinion as me. Or say that it was OK to be a douchebag to anyone. I was responding to why people would immediately be critical of the idea before hearing the theory. They weren't even being particularly mean or hurtful in their comments, just more immediately dismissive of the theory. Which is in their right to do if they genuinely think that Mother doesn't have a chance at another character in Smash or that it's unlikely that we get someone like Ninten in the Fighter's Pass at all for whatever reasons like believing it's all third parties. They didn't attack him directly, just dismissed the theory immediately because the Mother part is where they clearly have some opinion or idea that it appears unreasonable. Nobody needs to share that opinion, but I was just saying how I was interpreting the community to likely be less keen on the idea and thus providing such a reaction.

And I'm going to be honest, I've seen comparatively little support for Mother getting a new rep in the four years I've been a more serious speculator and part of the community. Smash 4 had some occasional mentions of Porky and that was really it. He wasn't a major topic of discussion from what I saw. The next time I had Mother come up in any serious manner was Ninten once people thought he might be a good Echo fighter. With the end of Echo fighters a lot of that support dried up. And then there was the Porky thing when his spirit was found missing. That's really the most amped up I've seen speculation for an additional Mother character outside of the natural support threads where all characters have their supporters. Lucas had lots of support for his return in Smash 4 DLC, but I still contend that all veterans receive a massive boost in support that doesn't relate as much to their character (We had four Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4 already and very few people are that interested in Roy from his own games, but by god he remained a popular request for Smash). That's all anecdotal, but it's my commentary on how I've seen things over the past few years with regards to Mother. The only fan ballot I can remember Porky ever appearing on was Reddit's Top 50 (https://i.imgtc.com/9X06jCl.jpg) and he was 46th there. That's where I'm coming from when I say I don't really see the community as super receptive or excited on a larger scale for a Mother character. Now you can point to the same poll and say but Joker made it in! Which is fair, but also Persona didn't exist in Smash at all previously unlike Mother which has quite a bit of content and also is incredibly more likely to attract larger audiences as a less typically Nintendo third party franchise. Again, not that fan demand has to determine anything, but I think it would seriously put Mother in a much better position if it was there.

And sorry to say, but we're not getting rid of Dragon Quest until either it or Geno gets in to Smash. Geno is always going to exist with that competition around him and they will always be a part of the conversation when discussing Geno's chances.

D

Deleted member

I never stated everybody needed to share the same opinion as me. Or say that it was OK to be a douchebag to anyone. I was responding to why people would immediately be critical of the idea before hearing the theory. They weren't even being particularly mean or hurtful in their comments, just more immediately dismissive of the theory. Which is in their right to do if they genuinely think that Mother doesn't have a chance at another character in Smash or that it's unlikely that we get someone like Ninten in the Fighter's Pass at all for whatever reasons like believing it's all third parties. They didn't attack him directly, just dismissed the theory immediately because the Mother part is where they clearly have some opinion or idea that it appears unreasonable. Nobody needs to share that opinion, but I was just saying how I was interpreting the community to likely be less keen on the idea and thus providing such a reaction.

And I'm going to be honest, I've seen comparatively little support for Mother getting a new rep in the four years I've been a more serious speculator and part of the community. Smash 4 had some occasional mentions of Porky and that was really it. He wasn't a major topic of discussion from what I saw. The next time I had Mother come up in any serious manner was Ninten once people thought he might be a good Echo fighter. With the end of Echo fighters a lot of that support dried up. And then there was the Porky thing when his spirit was found missing. That's really the most amped up I've seen speculation for an additional Mother character outside of the natural support threads where all characters have their supporters. Lucas had lots of support for his return in Smash 4 DLC, but I still contend that all veterans receive a massive boost in support that doesn't relate as much to their character (We had four Fire Emblem characters in Smash 4 already and very few people are that interested in Roy from his own games, but by god he remained a popular request for Smash). That's all anecdotal, but it's my commentary on how I've seen things over the past few years with regards to Mother. The only fan ballot I can remember Porky ever appearing on was Reddit's Top 50 (https://i.imgtc.com/9X06jCl.jpg) and he was 46th there. That's where I'm coming from when I say I don't really see the community as super receptive or excited on a larger scale for a Mother character. Now you can point to the same poll and say but Joker made it in! Which is fair, but also Persona didn't exist in Smash at all previously unlike Mother which has quite a bit of content and also is incredibly more likely to attract larger audiences as a less typically Nintendo third party franchise. Again, not that fan demand has to determine anything, but I think it would seriously put Mother in a much better position if it was there.

And sorry to say, but we're not getting rid of Dragon Quest until either it or Geno gets in to Smash. Geno is always going to exist with that competition around him and they will always be a part of the conversation when discussing Geno's chances.
I'm not gonna debate with you on Mother here again since that would derail the thread even more than it already has, but, yeah, it's your opinion and I pretty heavily disagree.

Now, onto what we were actually talking about, there's a difference between being critical and full on ****ing on other people's ideas.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I trust Fatmanonice and his sources because he has been on these forums waiting for Geno longer than almost all of us.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Man you write a lot things for not really saying much at all. You definitely were telling Anigriffin to just continue being in the thread despite her making her feelings clear. I don't really blame her for leaving if people were being ***** about it.

Yeah, I did call people douchebags. Because they were being jerks. There's plenty of other words I could have used but it just seemed the most appropriate to explain the behavior.

You basically told Anigriffin what she should specifically do before even mentioning sabi ever again. You're more or less dictating how someone should discuss rumors. You're not anyone's boss in this thread.

Yeah, I did call people out. Because what they were doing was messed up. People have done so in threads before. I'd do it again too if I saw the same thing happening tbh

But really it's not that complicated of a situation: Be respectful of people's ideas. Don't order people around.

See, I was able to get my point across without writing a bunch of filler garbage to make myself sound cool on the internet ;^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom