• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lmao spirits are the part of the game I absolutely despise.

I think World of Light is fun.

But **** the spirits.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Woah, settle down there Fish. Never said the spirits theory was confirmed. I was mainly just answering a question.
Sorry.

That's my sore spot subject about speculation in this game.

The sheer stupidity of the whole ''LOL CAN'T ADD DIXIE KONG/GENO/MULTIPLE FAN FAVORITES AND VIDEO GAME ICONS CAUSE THEY HAVE A PNG IN THE GAME."

Like imagine Sakurai telling Sega or Capcom no to letting Chun Li or Tails, video game icons into Smash because ''Lol they dead in the story though."

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If KingZell is correct about a trilogy, and said trilogy just so happens to be the game Nintendo is talking about for fans...

Mother 3 is coming bois.
Man, I wish, but I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's about Metroid Prime Trilogy. If it isn't, though...

Nintendo.

You're breaking my strictly metaphorical nuts here, Nintendo. You're breaking me, guys.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Polar's source has gone on record to note that this was Sakurai's decision, and NoA as a whole was aware of this. They were also terribly shocked by the backlash to Isaac's AT and Mii costume.

That being said, I just still can't see GS as likely. If Sakurai views the series as having no future, at the very least, it doesn't make prospects look so good.
Ah thank you!

Also I hope I didn't screw up quoting again

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Man, I wish, but I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's about Metroid Prime Trilogy. If it isn't, though...

Nintendo.

You're breaking my strictly metaphorical nuts here, Nintendo. You're breaking me, guys.
I do remember it being said that KingZell mentioned it not being Metroid or Zelda...but to be fair, there was no proof he said that...

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Like imagine Sakurai telling Sega or Capcom no to letting Chun Li or Tails, video game icons into Smash because ''Lol they dead in the story though."
Honestly, if anything, DLC was likely picked before spirits were finished anyway. So it'd probably be the other way around if such were the case. And if all 5 are series we haven't seen in Smash before after all, then they're easy to avoid spirit-wise among all those spirits added anyway, especially with 3rd parties.

Sorry.

That's my sore spot subject about speculation in this game.
Nah, it's okay, I get it. I only really respect the faction of spirits theory that's respectable and actually has the specifics down and consistent, so they'll honor the case where and if the criteria gets broken.

Those that go all hyperbole with it and use it to taunt those who want certain characters in though, can take a hike for all I care.

My stance is as such. The spirits theory can go either way. So far, it hasn't been disproved since we haven't seen a non-fighter spirit of a fighter that doesn't have some disambiguation or different title to differentiate them yet, neither Joker nor Piranha Plant had spirits in the game before being added, and so far, nothing's really contradicted it yet. If it means a better chance of getting some fan-favorites like Phoenix Wright, fine by me. That doesn't mean that I'll support it to the ends of the earth. I also have characters I want who are already spirits so if it does get debunked, I'm fine with that too.

The thing is that both sides don't have the necessary clearance to declare themselves right over the other with the current evidence.
Capcom no to letting Chun Li
And for the record, I'm glad that the rumor of her being supposedly cut turned out to be bunk.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The main talks behind the scenes right now is that there are 5 unannounced/no footage shown, Nintendo published games that are waiting in the wings for the Switch. The main ones people are going over are: 1. a Wii U port (Polar's source seems to know exactly which one it is), 2. a 2D Zelda, 3. that Star Fox racing game everyone was talking about last E3 (several reputable people are insisting that it's still real and in development), 4. the Metroid Prime Trilogy (probably the most agreed on of the five), and 5. a Platinum developed game (pretty sure it's Bayonetta 3 but some people think it's something else). Talks seem to point to at least two being shown before E3 but who honestly knows.

D

Deleted member

The main talks behind the scenes right now is that there are 5 unannounced/no footage shown, Nintendo published games that are waiting in the wings for the Switch. The main ones people are going over are: 1. a Wii U port (Polar's source seems to know exactly which one it is), 2. a 2D Zelda, 3. that Star Fox racing game everyone was talking about last E3 (several reputable people are insisting that it's still real and in development), 4. the Metroid Prime Trilogy (probably the most agreed on of the five), and 5. a Platinum developed game (pretty sure it's Bayonetta 3 but some people think it's something else). Talks seem to point to at least two being shown before E3 but who honestly knows.
I know :4pacman:

and it's gonna be a Mother trilogy

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
For that first one, i'd guess Pikmin 3?

D

Deleted member

Btw, can Polar give info on that WiiU Port, or no?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>PP is already available for purchase

Good lord, that was fast. :ultsonic: At this rate we'll get Joker before the Direct even arrives.

As for what the Wii U port could be. Please, Nintendo, let me play with the SMB2 fab four as cats.

**** I didn't know Miyamoto was this stingy.

Plus hey they released Kingdom Hearts 3 14 years after KH2 so I think that, if they wanted, they could make an SMG3. It would be hella cool if they involved Geno in it.

I'm seriously hoping that it's a certain trilogy with 2 reps in Smash with the 3rd game of it being one of Nintendo's biggest memes.

But, knowing Nintendo, it's probably going to be a re-release of Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart 2
Not exactly the best comparison, since Mario never had story breadcrumbs sprinkled amongst various interquels and spin-offs to tide the wait for an official third installment.

Also, I severely doubt they ever re-release any Mario Party outside the VC. Like, ever. Especially with SUPER Mario Party established now.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
HEH, and just as I thought, he costs $4.99. A dollar less than characters with a stage and music to come with them.

Guess they consider music and stages worth $1.00 in comparison to the characters.
HAHAHAHA A DOLLAR LESS WOW

I was expecting $2.99. Five freaking dollars? I love Plant and all, but compared to a Fighter's Pass character or even a fan favorite, that is just not worthwhile. That's so silly. At least that one leak citing PP's price as far cheaper is definitely fake now, though.

It gives me a bit of hope for misc. DLC, though. If just a character alone is going to be five dollars, that's some big dollar signs for Nintendo and even for some third parties. Geno being playable for five dollars as opposed to $1.50 (or even less, as it'd be ported) for a Mii costume is quite a big difference, especially when you add it all up. I'm very sure he's not in the Fighter's Pass, so with this price point, given third party misc. DLC would likely be even more expensive ($6+ dollars a pop), I can see that being really appealing for Square. Even if Geno isn't the most well-known, he's still a fan favorite, and those six dollars+ per add up fast. It'd probably make Geno as DLC that much more enticing.

D

Deleted member

>PP is already available for purchase

Good lord, that was fast. :ultsonic: At this rate we'll get Joker before the Direct even arrives.

As for what the Wii U port could be. Please, Nintendo, let me play with the SMB2 fab four as cats.

Not exactly the best comparison, since Mario never had story breadcrumbs sprinkled amongst various interquels and spin-offs to tide the wait for an official third installment.

Also, I severely doubt they ever re-release any Mario Party. Like, ever. Especially with SUPER Mario Party established now.
Knowing Nintendo, it wouldn't be surprising

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah plant is cool and all. But he doesn't have the wow or want factor that comes with a third party or major Nintendo character. I don't expect him to get a lot of sales at that point. Especially with how hard they were pushing for him to be free since the last direct.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
got a source on that popeye?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Fatman is constantly in talks with PolarPanda, a reputable person whose source has leaked multiple things in the past and has a stellar track record. They're both in talk with other insiders, as well. He often relays what goes on behind the scenes, so there isn't really a source he can give unless they OK screencaps of private conversations.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Are leaks 2-5 supported by the NOA source? Or are those leaks coming from other sources/leakers?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I am a skeptic of mostly everything insider. But I really think we should believe the Wii U port. It's just a hunch. But I think its 100% true.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not too hard to find these talks on Resetera too. King Zell seems to be the main proponent of 2D Zelda one at the very least and they seem to have a fantastic track record. A lot of people are claiming the Wii U port and Metroid Prime Trilogy but Panda's source seems to know which port it is specifically.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice

Also, I severely doubt they ever re-release any Mario Party outside the VC. Like, ever. Especially with SUPER Mario Party established now.
Neither did Pikmin but Pikmin 3 came out 9 years after Pikmin 2

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Neither did Pikmin but Pikmin 3 came out 9 years after Pikmin 2
Yeah, but at least that is expected to have a sequel (that isn't something regurgitated by Arzest like Hey! was), since Pikmin's small. There's little to no reason to have SMG3 at this point, between Rosalina being kept relevant and the risk of lacking fresh ideas for gameplay enhancement that aren't just saved for an Odyssey 2 or whatever else.

It's wishful thinking, but seeing wii u port and platinum mentioned in the list makes me kind of hopeful for an underrated wii u game.
It would be Wonderful indeed.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Pleeeeease be Mario Maker/ Super Mario 3D World for that port

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
He does seem worrying I hope they don't allow him to go that far with the franchises Nintendo has. Hopefully he's actually a nice guy and wants to do the best he can but I wouldn't be shocked if that's what happens. Watch them Fire Sakurai and Sakurai in turn Makes a Company with him and Kojima and they become like the most successful company out there. Of course they then buy the rights to Banjo's franchise and Geno and SMRPG then they become their Mascot characters and have consistently good games.
They can't fire Sakurai because he doesn't work for Nintendo. He works with them, but he already owns his own company: Sora. And even if Sakurai worked for Nintendo, there is no way in hell they would fire him, especially after all the **** he's done for them. The only thing they could do is tell Sakurai to "**** off" and never come back to Nintendo; they'll basically do the same thing what they did to SquareSoft. Sakurai has only worked for HAL Laboratory and left them back in the early 2000s. Sakurai founded Sora Ltd. and basically made his own gang from there, which was probably for the best. If he does want to make a company with Kojima, they'd merge.
Depends on what Nintendo culture is at the time.

Honestly I’m more worried about the new CEO. He gives me too much of a Konami/EA vibe. Like if let loose he’d turn every beloved franchise into a gacha mobile game.
Yeah, that's the problem with this guy. Mr. Iwata even said back in 2010 if Nintendo moves to mobile, the company would basically fail. I doubt Nintendo will fail in the gaming market, but if they do, they're going to mobile and they WILL screw themselves. This new president should take notes from the previous/successful presidents of Nintendo, like Iwata, otherwise he's going to turn Nintendo into EA.

There's a difference when you're comparing Mr. Iwata to the past two presidents. Mr. Iwata was not just a businessman, but he was a happy man, gamer, and always got stuff done right; not to mention that he was always busting his ass and getting **** done. The current and previous presidents are just depressed businessmen, they weren't gamers like Iwata was... this is why the online service is really trash, not because of how it's made, but because of how much this new guy cares about improving the online service, and it's clear that he gives zero ****s about it.

D

Deleted member

Hey geno bros I got an arena set up to support geno come if you are playing smash right now

ID:HJB86
Password:3255

Hold on let me fix it I got exited out

Ok the new Id is 3b432

Hurry and get here before it closes on it’s own!

NEVER MIND ITS DONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I haven't been here in a long time.Has anything big happen?
So, Piranha Plant has been available to play since Tuesday, and in it's Palutena's guidance, Viridi mentions the Megasmilax.

And the codenames "jack" and "brave" have been removed from the game's files

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHA A DOLLAR LESS WOW

I was expecting $2.99. Five freaking dollars? I love Plant and all, but compared to a Fighter's Pass character or even a fan favorite, that is just not worthwhile. That's so silly. At least that one leak citing PP's price as far cheaper is definitely fake now, though.

It gives me a bit of hope for misc. DLC, though. If just a character alone is going to be five dollars, that's some big dollar signs for Nintendo and even for some third parties. Geno being playable for five dollars as opposed to $1.50 (or even less, as it'd be ported) for a Mii costume is quite a big difference, especially when you add it all up. I'm very sure he's not in the Fighter's Pass, so with this price point, given third party misc. DLC would likely be even more expensive ($6+ dollars a pop), I can see that being really appealing for Square. Even if Geno isn't the most well-known, he's still a fan favorite, and those six dollars+ per add up fast. It'd probably make Geno as DLC that much more enticing.
Yeah, $5 isn't worth it. At least PP isn't $6 or 7. PP's moves also derive from a few characters, so it's basically like having a mix between a few characters; in other words, PP is kinda like a semi-clone. I think PP is worth $2-3. I would even buy Geno if he's $7 or $10.

As that one fish said to Mr. Krabs, it's worth every penny!
So, have we already come to terms with spirits not deconfirming characters?
Because Piranha Plant didn't have a spirit, though I guess to a stretch there were 2 Petey Piranhas and a Nipper Plant spirit.
Geno still has a spirit, as does Mallow, would they both still be out, since there wasn't a Piranha Plant spirit?

Or, if we're talking about stuff that's already been confirmed, would it not count since Spirits was fully explained along with PP being announced?
Wii Fit and K Rool have some technicalities, too.
Pretty sure they could just rename Geno's spirit something like "Geno (SMRPG)", and for his fighter spirit just "Geno". Putting Geno and Mallow's spirits with extra names in them seems like a giveaway, so it makes sense to just put them as their casual names. I feel like Sakurai sacrificed a lot to get a Square character, but he probably had to make a lot of sacrifices because Cloud's spirits are only his Smash renders, they aren't artwork by Nomura, nor are there any other spirits.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, $5 isn't worth it. At least PP isn't $6 or 7. PP's moves also derive from a few characters, so it's basically like having a mix between a few characters; in other words, PP is kinda like a semi-clone. I think PP is worth $2-3. I would even buy Geno if he's $7 or $10.

As that one fish said to Mr. Krabs, it's worth every penny!
Man, I'd spend $25 dollars for Geno alone. If Geno were in the Fighter's Pass, I'd have gotten it just for him, just to show that I financially support Nintendo for listening to the fans. I'd drop mad bank on that boy, and don't even get me started on his Amiibo if he happened. Boy howdy.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'd spend $25 dollars for Geno alone. If Geno were in the Fighter's Pass, I'd have gotten it just for him, just to show that I financially support Nintendo for listening to the fans. I'd drop mad bank on that boy, and don't even get me started on his Amiibo if he happened. Boy howdy.
same, id buy SEVERAL amiibo just to paint them different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom