• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, in light of recent rumors about a Square-Enix character being announced soon. I decided to play a little "what-if?" and took a crack at making a stage from Super Mario RPG that Geno could bring with him if he's this rumored character.

Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

And what better way than to play off some Smash Rumors! I won’t go into too much detail, but tl;dr some stuff that was datamined has caused some people to think that a Square Enix character will be the next fighter announced for the fighter pass.

Heck if I know right now exactly who it will be. But of the stages I have jotted down in my list of ones to put together for this thread, only one of them tied into a Square-Enix character. In this case, Geno.

Now if Geno gets in, the most notable option for a Stage he could bring is the Forest Maze. I wouldn’t object to that in any way. I just have trouble picturing it as a Smash Bros. stage. So I brainstormed a different possibility that I could envision better. I thought of a few ideas that I wasn’t completely sure of such as Nimbus Land. And then the requests for a Bowser’s Castle stage that I am in agreement with hit me like a truck. So here we are.

Oh dear. Apologies for the less than descriptive imagery.

You might need this video as a reference to help figure out how certain things look.

But for what you see above, picture the chamber that looks like the entrance to the castle, complete with Bowser Symbol rug and everything. This is basically a walk-off that looks exactly like that, with the candle pillars that Bowser and Peach are standing on having two passable platforms on them. One in the middle, one at the top.

And that’s pretty much it. Aside from Croco appearing in the background to throw items to the arena if items are enabled (basically just a way of getting items more frequently like the Candle’s in Dracula’s Castle) that’s all that happens here.

Sound boring? Well fear not! This layout is only one of 4 that this stage can switch between. It always randomly start on one of the 4 and then change to another one at random after 20 seconds.

So what’s layout Number 2?

The part of the castle with a wooden bridge over lava. That doesn’t seem safe. And safe it is indeed not because while the bridge, like the stone floor, is a solid non-passable ground one of them will break at a random point that will never exceed 5 seconds. Whether someone is standing on it or not.

As you can see, this layout is not a walk-off. It has edges. As for which parts are bridge and which parts are stone, here you go.

In between the two blue lines is one of the two bridges, and in between the two green lines is the other. When a bridge is broken, it will repair itself at a point in time 2 seconds higher than the amount of time it took to break in the first place. And only one bridge can break at a time. The other will have to wait till after repairs are complete on it’s twin.

Though when a bridges is broken, there will be a small, passable stone platform below where it once was to help make lava dips a little harder. On the flip side though, sometimes the bridge might be replaced by a row of donut blocks instead.

If this happens, any Donut Blocks stood on for too long will fall and won’t come back while this “bridge” is still active. And all the blocks will fall if a bridge breaking point in time is reached.

The 3rd layout takes place on top of those iconic chandeliers. They function as hard platforms, but are held up by the chains. While you can only damage the chains by attacking them at the base where it connects to the chandelier, you can still damage them. And if they take enough damage, they’ll fall down until another chain lowers to bring them back up.

Don’t worry too much though. Paratroopa’s will appear below a chandelier when it’s about to break. They function as hard platforms and will remain there until a few seconds after their corresponding chandelier is brought back.

The 4th and final layout takes place at the top of the keep where Exor resides. Exor functions as a stage boss. If he expands his eye he will shoot a venom drench from that eye to the same side of the stage. It won’t do much damage, but it will poison a character it hits for a small time.

When he opens his mouth, he will release an orb of Corona that will have a limited homing function as it decides a fighter to target. After a while it will stop moving and release a circular electric blast.

He could also summon a Flame Stone from the sky onto one of the platforms when he opens his mouth.

Given the 20 second period each phase takes place in, Exor doesn’t have a health meter. Instead he will go down in 8 hits towards his face. The only place you can damage him.

If Exor is defeated, a spiraling portal in the player color of the character who dealt the last hit will appear in his now hanging open mouth. This will last for the rest of the phase, and 10 seconds into the next phase.

If the character who earned this portal would be KO’d, whether from being launched off the screen or falling to their doom. Then this portal would teleport them back to to the center of the stage right before they hit the the blast zone. But when the time is up, or if this portal is used once, it will disappear until Exor is defeated again.

And that wraps up Bowser’s Keep! If Geno is actually the rumored character, let’s see how close this ends up being to the stage he brings with him :p

Possible DLC Character this stage could come with:

Geno

DLC Music this stage could bring:

Fight Against Bowser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfoDgGfSfw&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=5

Fight Against Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47E3huMb83M&index=10&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against an Armed Boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fI6e8Rvgc&index=19&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Let’s go Down the Wine River: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hqp4JPmmA&index=22&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTObNtPZimQ&index=28&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Welcome! Yo’ster Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwpQJSjJ1bI&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=31

Docaty Mountain Railroad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwskSQMW7c&index=34&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Barrel Volcano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0yVImE-P8&index=53&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Smithy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtWfsPKnF4&index=57&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Culex (Can this also be put on Midgar please?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wWtiCorGs&index=46&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b
I really like the stage concept! A lot of people are saying Forest Maze should be his stage if he is DLC, but I agree with you, I think it should be Bowser's Keep. It would work really nicely as a traveling stage

D

Deleted member

I really like the stage concept! A lot of people are saying Forest Maze should be his stage if he is DLC, but I agree with you, I think it should be Bowser's Keep. It would work really nicely as a traveling stage
I'm not against the Forest Maze idea truth be told. I just can't picture how it could look. Bowser's Keep I can picture.

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, in light of recent rumors about a Square-Enix character being announced soon. I decided to play a little "what-if?" and took a crack at making a stage from Super Mario RPG that Geno could bring with him if he's this rumored character.

Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

And what better way than to play off some Smash Rumors! I won’t go into too much detail, but tl;dr some stuff that was datamined has caused some people to think that a Square Enix character will be the next fighter announced for the fighter pass.

Heck if I know right now exactly who it will be. But of the stages I have jotted down in my list of ones to put together for this thread, only one of them tied into a Square-Enix character. In this case, Geno.

Now if Geno gets in, the most notable option for a Stage he could bring is the Forest Maze. I wouldn’t object to that in any way. I just have trouble picturing it as a Smash Bros. stage. So I brainstormed a different possibility that I could envision better. I thought of a few ideas that I wasn’t completely sure of such as Nimbus Land. And then the requests for a Bowser’s Castle stage that I am in agreement with hit me like a truck. So here we are.

You might need this video as a reference to help figure out how certain things look.

But for what you see above, picture the chamber that looks like the entrance to the castle, complete with Bowser Symbol rug and everything. This is basically a walk-off that looks exactly like that, with the candle pillars that Bowser and Peach are standing on having two passable platforms on them. One in the middle, one at the top.

And that’s pretty much it. Aside from Croco appearing in the background to throw items to the arena if items are enabled (basically just a way of getting items more frequently like the Candle’s in Dracula’s Castle) that’s all that happens here.

Sound boring? Well fear not! This layout is only one of 4 that this stage can switch between. It always randomly start on one of the 4 and then change to another one at random after 20 seconds.

The part of the castle with a wooden bridge over lava. That doesn’t seem safe. And safe it is indeed not because while the bridge, like the stone floor, is a solid non-passable ground one of them will break at a random point that will never exceed 5 seconds. Whether someone is standing on it or not.

As you can see, this layout is not a walk-off. It has edges. As for which parts are bridge and which parts are stone, here you go.

In between the two blue lines is one of the two bridges, and in between the two green lines is the other. When a bridge is broken, it will repair itself at a point in time 2 seconds higher than the amount of time it took to break in the first place. And only one bridge can break at a time. The other will have to wait till after repairs are complete on it’s twin.

Though when a bridges is broken, there will be a small, passable stone platform below where it once was to help make lava dips a little harder. On the flip side though, sometimes the bridge might be replaced by a row of donut blocks instead.

If this happens, any Donut Blocks stood on for too long will fall and won’t come back while this “bridge” is still active. And all the blocks will fall if a bridge breaking point in time is reached.

The 3rd layout takes place on top of those iconic chandeliers. They function as hard platforms, but are held up by the chains. While you can only damage the chains by attacking them at the base where it connects to the chandelier, you can still damage them. And if they take enough damage, they’ll fall down until another chain lowers to bring them back up.

Don’t worry too much though. Paratroopa’s will appear below a chandelier when it’s about to break. They function as hard platforms and will remain there until a few seconds after their corresponding chandelier is brought back.

The 4th and final layout takes place at the top of the keep where Exor resides. Exor functions as a stage boss. If he expands his eye he will shoot a venom drench from that eye to the same side of the stage. It won’t do much damage, but it will poison a character it hits for a small time.

When he opens his mouth, he will release an orb of Corona that will have a limited homing function as it decides a fighter to target. After a while it will stop moving and release a circular electric blast.

He could also summon a Flame Stone from the sky onto one of the platforms when he opens his mouth.

Given the 20 second period each phase takes place in, Exor doesn’t have a health meter. Instead he will go down in 8 hits towards his face. The only place you can damage him.

If Exor is defeated, a spiraling portal in the player color of the character who dealt the last hit will appear in his now hanging open mouth. This will last for the rest of the phase, and 10 seconds into the next phase.

If the character who earned this portal would be KO’d, whether from being launched off the screen or falling to their doom. Then this portal would teleport them back to to the center of the stage right before they hit the the blast zone. But when the time is up, or if this portal is used once, it will disappear until Exor is defeated again.

And that wraps up Bowser’s Keep! If Geno is actually the rumored character, let’s see how close this ends up being to the stage he brings with him :p

Geno

Fight Against Bowser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfoDgGfSfw&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=5

Fight Against Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47E3huMb83M&index=10&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against an Armed Boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fI6e8Rvgc&index=19&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Let’s go Down the Wine River: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hqp4JPmmA&index=22&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTObNtPZimQ&index=28&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Welcome! Yo’ster Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwpQJSjJ1bI&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=31

Docaty Mountain Railroad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwskSQMW7c&index=34&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Barrel Volcano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0yVImE-P8&index=53&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Smithy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtWfsPKnF4&index=57&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Culex (Can this also be put on Midgar please?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wWtiCorGs&index=46&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b
I've always imagined his stage would be bowser's keep where you fought exor and he'd be a background/stage boss. Awesome concept man!

link2702

Smash Champion
It felt...wrong to report a fellow geno fan just now in ultimate...

Still, if you teabag someone, you should expect to get reported for it. I’d hope that if I got full of myself in a match and started teabagging, that my opponent would do the same win or lose.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
It leaped from Sunshine to Galaxy then Galaxy to Odyssey. It's more like we stayed on our home planet this time and just explored there.
Galaxy isn't a sandbox game like 64, Sunshine and Odyssey are; I'm pretty sure Nintendo themselves made that distinction.

Galaxy oddly seemed more ahead of its time than Odyssey.

D

Deleted member

What's this operation starfall I've seen skimming about?
Have you received a notification of me mentioning you in a thread called "Operation Starfall: Bringing life to SMRPG again"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Have you received a notification of me mentioning you in a thread called "Operation Starfall: Bringing life to SMRPG again"?
So you have. I never check my notifications, and I haven't been on the board in a couple days.

Xigger

Smash Lord
[/COLOR]
Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

Geno

[/SPOILER]
One reason I enjoy a quiet thread is so I can easily see quality posts like this! Sakurai would totally do Exor and company for a SMRPG stage. I really dig the dedication to the music selection!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Honestly as somebody who supports the newer characters like those a bit more then the older characters, I still think Grinch leak would've been the best timeline.
It honestly would've been the best... much better than two final newcomers. I don't know how they faked that, but they did a good job with it and I wanted to know. It kept me interested because this one seemed like an accidental leak, not intentional. Remember that it was screenshotted off of Snapchat, it wasn't purposely leaked anywhere else until the one who screenshotted it did. What made me 100% believe it completely was all the evidence going behind it: The Chad Ganondorf leak from September, the renewed trademarks, the poster company confirmed for working with Bandai Namco, the guy who made the banner being confirmed as a poster maker, the videos being taken down that involved the grinch leak, the unseen Grinch renders as promotional material for the movie, etc.
With SE's track record and the Fighter's Pass only having 5 reps, it's unlikely we will get another character from them. We have nothing showing that we will get random DLC on the level of a character outside of that, only Spirits. At this point it really does seem like SE is somehow against this.
I can't find this old article anymore, but back then during the end of the SSB4 days, there was an article that said if Sakurai were to choose one more DLC character in Smash 4, it would've been Geno. So Sakurai did have plans for wanting two Square characters as DLC. Sakurai can make this happen, the only problem is if Square is willing to do it again. Since we already have Cloud in the base game, and Square always loves having their characters as DLC, I can see them negotiating with another character they own to put as DLC. If Erdrick is our Square rep, they're only making 20% off of him because the rest of the profit has to go to Armor Project, Heartbeat, Bird Studio/Akira Toriyama, and Nintendo. Now think if it was Geno: Since it's a character they completely own, they have the power to split the profit with Nintendo however they want; it can be 50% or even higher than that, possibly 70%.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Have you seen Into the Spider-Verse yet?
I’m dying to, but it hasn’t opened where I live yet. That’s next week, and I’ll be there opening day.

Weird how I have to wait for movies I actually wanna see like Spiderverse and Creed, but Grinch and Aquaman debut right on schedule.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I can't find this old article anymore, but back then during the end of the SSB4 days, there was an article that said if Sakurai were to choose one more DLC character in Smash 4, it would've been Geno. So Sakurai did have plans for wanting two Square characters as DLC. Sakurai can make this happen, the only problem is if Square is willing to do it again. Since we already have Cloud in the base game, and Square always loves having their characters as DLC, I can see them negotiating with another character they own to put as DLC. If Erdrick is our Square rep, they're only making 20% off of him because the rest of the profit has to go to Armor Project, Heartbeat, Bird Studio/Akira Toriyama, and Nintendo. Now think if it was Geno: Since it's a character they completely own, they have the power to split the profit with Nintendo however they want; it can be 50% or even higher than that, possibly 70%.
I mean, that is great and all, but we didn't get him in the base roster when the general consensus was 'We are getting all the characters you wanted into the game, even the old ones! Even the impossible ones!' Last time the DLC was all over the place, but most of the characters were fan requested: Everyone wanted Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy back and Bayo had more support than you would think despite her controversy. That leaves Ryu and Cloud as iconic picks and Corrin as the poorly received shill/promo pick that even Sakurai thought wasn't the best idea.

We aren't getting seven characters this time, not from the information we have been given: we have one bonus character and five coming with their own stages and music. Joker, by all accounts, is less a shill/promo pick (despite the rumors) and more of a fan request/Sakurai request: people wanted Persona in Smash, they just didn't think it was possible.

The issue here is, will all the DLC be requested characters? Will there be a mix of requested/iconic characters, or will there also be shill/promo characters. If we DO get Eddy, that muddies the lot in the eyes of most Smash fans: To Japan, he is iconic, but to the rest of us he's a shill/promo pick to try to push DQ yet again in the West. The problem is that he's not requested enough on either front to be a fan pick, so it's bound to rock the boat if he is revealed.

And before The Legendary Beast The Legendary Beast or anyone else tries to come up and say that Eddy isn't a shill pick, stop right there because he really is that for the majority of the West. Seriously, we get the whole 'DQ is iconic and was the grand-daddy of all RPGs' shtick. Here's the thing: DQ isn't as popular world-wide as FF is, and the West loves FF. That and DQ technically ISN'T the grand-daddy because there were others before it that even defined DQ BUT that is besides the point. The point is what has been mentioned a trillion times, which is that DQ is not big in the West while FF is, and putting Eddy in will be seen differently from different cultures.

EDIT: I forgot one of the topics I wanted to address, which is that in the very highly likelihood we get no BIG DLC outside the Fighter's Pass (don't say Wave 2 because there is no way to prove we will get one), why would SE get two reps when there are only four slots left (three if you consider Eddy/an SE rep a lock)? Wouldn't you want to give a big selection to be hype about and have variety in your DLC?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I’m dying to, but it hasn’t opened where I live yet. That’s next week, and I’ll be there opening day.

Weird how I have to wait for movies I actually wanna see like Spiderverse and Creed, but Grinch and Aquaman debut right on schedule.
It's great, definitely my favorite Spider-Man movie. I think any super hero fan, heck, any animation fan would enjoy Spider-Verse.

Great, now I want art of a Geno version of Spider-Man. What would that even look like?

D

Deleted member

I mean, that is great and all, but we didn't get him in the base roster when the general consensus was 'We are getting all the characters you wanted into the game, even the old ones! Even the impossible ones!' Last time the DLC was all over the place, but most of the characters were fan requested: Everyone wanted Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy back and Bayo had more support than you would think despite her controversy. That leaves Ryu and Cloud as iconic picks and Corrin as the poorly received shill/promo pick that even Sakurai thought wasn't the best idea.

We aren't getting seven characters this time, not from the information we have been given: we have one bonus character and five coming with their own stages and music. Joker, by all accounts, is less a shill/promo pick (despite the rumors) and more of a fan request/Sakurai request: people wanted Persona in Smash, they just didn't think it was possible.

The issue here is, will all the DLC be requested characters? Will there be a mix of requested/iconic characters, or will there also be shill/promo characters. If we DO get Eddy, that muddies the lot in the eyes of most Smash fans: To Japan, he is iconic, but to the rest of us he's a shill/promo pick to try to push DQ yet again in the West. The problem is that he's not requested enough on either front to be a fan pick, so it's bound to rock the boat if he is revealed.

And before The Legendary Beast The Legendary Beast or anyone else tries to come up and say that Eddy isn't a shill pick, stop right there because he really is that for the majority of the West. Seriously, we get the whole 'DQ is iconic and was the grand-daddy of all RPGs' shtick. Here's the thing: DQ isn't as popular world-wide as FF is, and the West loves FF. That and DQ technically ISN'T the grand-daddy because there were others before it that even defined DQ BUT that is besides the point. The point is what has been mentioned a trillion times, which is that DQ is not big in the West while FF is, and putting Eddy in will be seen differently from different cultures.
Remember Roy, Lucas, and Bayo were DLC characters in Smash 4, and they lack mainstream recognition. They had fan demand. Geno has fan demand.

Another thing I want to remind everyone. Whenever we assume what future characters will be like after one character, it doesn't match what we initially thought. After the K Rool reveal, I thought "okay, Ridley, Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom were all fan demanded characters, therefore the rest of the roster will be." This wasn't the case. The last direct had 3 characters who lacked demand - Ken, Incineroar, and PP.

Smash is a wildcard. Many fan rules get broken. Again, "only 1 SE rep" is a fan rule. Likely or unlikely, it is a fan rule. And those get broken.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Remember Roy, Lucas, and Bayo were DLC characters in Smash 4, and they lack mainstream recognition. They had fan demand. Geno has fan demand.

Another thing I want to remind everyone. Whenever we assume what future characters will be like after one character, it doesn't match what we initially thought. After the K Rool reveal, I thought "okay, Ridley, Daisy, Dark Samus, and Chrom were all fan demanded characters, therefore the rest of the roster will be." This wasn't the case. The last direct had 3 characters who lacked demand - Ken, Incineroar, and PP.

Smash is a wildcard. Many fan rules get broken. Again, "only 1 SE rep" is a fan rule. Likely or unlikely, it is a fan rule. And those get broken.
It's not just a fan rule, though: it's logical to assume that Nintendo and Sakurai would want a variety of characters to be in the Fighter's Pass and playing favorites with companies doesn't offer that. I'm not saying this because it's a 'fan rule' I'm saying this because it makes sense from a business perspective, and as much as Nintendo loves to make things fun they also have a bottom line at the end of the day.

Sure, Sakurai could easily come out and say after a non-Geno SE rep 'Oh, btw, while we are on the subject of guest characters from a CERTAIN company, we have something else for you. Enjoy!' and show Geno as either part of the Pass or his own separate thing, but the likelihood is low, even from a 'Smash is a wildcard, can't predict Sakurai, he's a CRAY-ZEE mofo. Practically an Agent of Chaos!' perspective.

If Geno is not shown and another SE rep is, we should assume logically that Geno missed the cut for a third time and start trying to dig for reasons why and supporting Operation: Starfall in full swing rather than be convinced that Sakurai will toss out a random side-DLC for just Geno.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman

Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

Geno

That's a splendid idea! I'd love to see this or star hill make an appearance.

Could give us a break from the "Mario Series? Let's add a grassy green level." :dazwa:

Dan

Smash Lord

Still, if you teabag someone, you should expect to get reported for it. I’d hope that if I got full of myself in a match and started teabagging, that my opponent would do the same win or lose.
You can teabag in Ultimate? How? By crouching for the five seconds between stocks?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Wait...you reported someone for teabagging?

Wow...just wow. Reporting someone for the old school way of showing dominance before T-Posing was a meme variation.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Wait...you reported someone for teabagging?

Wow...just wow. Reporting someone for the old school way of showing dominance before T-Posing was a meme variation.
You can't taunt during quickplay/Elite Smash , and when you're fighting someone with a campy playstyle/Top tier and he T-bag after the 10th wiffed F-smash and finally hit you... It can be quite annoying.

Yeah sure , it's a silly thing to report someone for spamming crouch in a fighting video game... But think about the new Smash players who want to try to competitive Smash.

They'll lose , but T-bagging encourage frustration , anger... And it make the experience less pleasant "This peer to peer online is already garbage , and the Smash community is full of people like this? This suck ! I'm going to play Odyssey instead" Iv'e simplified it , but that's almost it.

And while some taunts sheenanigans can be hilarious(Luigi Down-taunt spike , taunting and cancelling it with a Quick kill move , taunting to get bodied...) , T-bagging against players that you don't know... Well , people see you as a cocky player and don't want to play with you.(not counting the fact that people are farming GSP and can do anything to get this silly number up...)

Remember , not everyone know T-bagging , T-pose , "Disrespect" , for new/casual players , and even competitive players to an extend , It's not pleasant.

link2702

Smash Champion
Yes I reported someone for teabagging and don’t regret it.

Teabagging has been considered the universal sign of disrespect in gaming for quite some time now, like since halo at least. They’re not like ingame taunts which aren’t really intended to be disrespectful, teabagging’s only really intent since people started doing it has been to be deliberately disrespectful. There’s an option to report people for unsportsmanlike behavior, people should use it.

Like I said, I’d fully expect people to do the same to me.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yes I reported someone for teabagging and don’t regret it.

Teabagging has been considered the universal sign of disrespect in gaming for quite some time now, like since halo at least. They’re not like ingame taunts which aren’t really intended to be disrespectful, teabagging’s only really intent since people started doing it has been to be deliberately disrespectful. There’s an option to report people for unsportsmanlike behavior, people should use it.

Like I said, I’d fully expect people to do the same to me.
Seriously dude?

It’s been a standard video game thing for years that in the grand scheme of “disrespectful gamer behavior” is one of the least offensive things ever.

And especially in Ultimate where a taunt isn’t an option and those are made basically exactly to piss people off.

Chill, it’s not worth promoting for moving a character in game that may slightly annoy you.

Edit: do you mean crouching? Because that’s not even teabagging and I would expect that teabagging in Smash is a good way to actually just easily get in some hits if they’re doing it the right way

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I find teabagging amusing, even when its done to me. It's just such a silly thing.

That said I never really teabag unless I'm teabagged first.

D

Deleted member

It's not just a fan rule, though: it's logical to assume that Nintendo and Sakurai would want a variety of characters to be in the Fighter's Pass and playing favorites with companies doesn't offer that. I'm not saying this because it's a 'fan rule' I'm saying this because it makes sense from a business perspective, and as much as Nintendo loves to make things fun they also have a bottom line at the end of the day.

Sure, Sakurai could easily come out and say after a non-Geno SE rep 'Oh, btw, while we are on the subject of guest characters from a CERTAIN company, we have something else for you. Enjoy!' and show Geno as either part of the Pass or his own separate thing, but the likelihood is low, even from a 'Smash is a wildcard, can't predict Sakurai, he's a CRAY-ZEE mofo. Practically an Agent of Chaos!' perspective.

If Geno is not shown and another SE rep is, we should assume logically that Geno missed the cut for a third time and start trying to dig for reasons why and supporting Operation: Starfall in full swing rather than be convinced that Sakurai will toss out a random side-DLC for just Geno.
Like I said, Geno is a Mario character. He is different from other third party characters, because he is a Mario character created by a third party company. SE might want someone to represent their history alone and go along with Geno, such as Eddy.

And no, I am not going to assume that Geno is out if Eddy gets in. Unless Geno is an assist, a Mii costume, or Sakurai/Nintendo says he will not be a fighter, he is only supposedly out by fan rules.

The way you are wording it as well is in the case of it being unlikely. Even if it's unlikely, doesn't mean it won't happen

D

Deleted member

I'd be interested to hear your reasoning as to why.
Because what people are freaking out over are literal pixels on a ****ing screen

Like I 100% get why people are upset, but it's honestly not as big a deal as some of y'all make it out to be.

Note I said SOME, not ALL. Most of y'all are the chillest ****** I know despite this happening for decades now.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
And no, I am not going to assume that Geno is out if Eddy gets in. Unless Geno is an assist, a Mii costume, or Sakurai/Nintendo says he will not be a fighter, he is only supposedly out by fan rules.
I don't think being a Mii costume would rule him out as we still have the Chrom, K.Rool and Isabelle outfits. In fact I'm almost certain that all the third-party Mii Outfits are gonna return as DLC again sooner or later. Cutting them just doesn't make much sense to me.
And even if being an outfit would mean deconfirmation, I would still be totally fine with that because having a Mii costume + Spirit is way better than just having a Spirit.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I usually see teabagging in Free For Alls when something funny happens, or people want to team up on someone. And of course, when they just want to mess around. Since that happens so often, I can't say I get triggered by teabagging.

And since everyone's talking about "logically there can't be two SE reps" now is a great time to mention the fact that Geno is a Mario character with ownership split between Square and Nintendo. Sakurai's made it clear where he stands with the Super Mario franchise icon.

DvMu5RQU0AIbgsM.jpg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The Mii costume is... debatable. If it was just ported into the base game, then I wouldn't count it as deconfirmation. The fact that it's DLC throws a wrench in it, though. The argument could be made that it's just for a quick cash grab, and it wouldn't make Geno less marketable for future DLC (if anything, it gives Square an opportunity to squeeze as much dough out of him as possible). That being said, the DLC factor makes it that much more likely to be a consolation prize. I'd personally lean towards it being deconfirmation, even if it's only a soft deconfirmation. If Sakurai and Nintendo has some mercy, they'll state whether or not it's a consolation prize this time if it returns, just to rip that bandaid off for us.

T2by4

Smash Lord
The Mii costume is... debatable. If it was just ported into the base game, then I wouldn't count it as deconfirmation. The fact that it's DLC throws a wrench in it, though. The argument could be made that it's just for a quick cash grab, and it wouldn't make Geno less marketable for future DLC (if anything, it gives Square an opportunity to squeeze as much dough out of him as possible). That being said, the DLC factor makes it that much more likely to be a consolation prize. I'd personally lean towards it being deconfirmation, even if it's only a soft deconfirmation. If Sakurai and Nintendo has some mercy, they'll state whether or not it's a consolation prize this time if it returns, just to rip that bandaid off for us.
Yeah, the fact that we might have to purchase it pretty much confirms that he's out for me. However, if they do another Smash Ballot then we just might have a chance. I feel like that'd be our only hope for this game.

D

Deleted member

I don't think being a Mii costume would rule him out as we still have the Chrom, K.Rool and Isabelle outfits. In fact I'm almost certain that all the third-party Mii Outfits are gonna return as DLC again sooner or later. Cutting them just doesn't make much sense to me.
And even if being an outfit would mean deconfirmation, I would still be totally fine with that because having a Mii costume + Spirit is way better than just having a Spirit.
I feel that if he has a Mii costume and is playable, it would be announced at the same time as his reveal or after his reveal. If it's announced that he has a Mii costume without a Geno fighter reveal, I think he would not be playable in wave 1.

But yeah, it would definitely be better to have the Mii costume too instead of just the png.

Hoping for playable character though :)

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
I've seen my fair share of t-baggers. I personally find it hilarious because some characters look absolutely ridiculous when crouching repeatedly such as Ryu, Ken, and King K. Rool.

If they t-bag at the other side of the stage you bet I'll be joining in. It'll be our little squat session. :4pacman:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think teabagging has evolved a bit from just showing disrespect personally.

It can be a silly dumb thing to do to amuse your opponent and make them laugh if they don't take things too seriously.

It has also become a strategic method for a lot of people when trying to win. If you teabag you have the chance to get the opponent off their game by being enraged. It's nothing more than a taunt you did yourself and is more effective than any given preset taunt given to you by the game.

So in short:

Teabagging is still disrespectful, but not always, sometimes? Just being silly. Sometimes? It's not about disrespect but rather trying to throw a good opponent off their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom