• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
inb4 geno can go lifeless and ragdoll. :GCL:_:GCL:
That would honestly be a great crouch animation. The doll goes lifeless and the star comes out, and his down tilt involves the star attacking or something.

D

Deleted member

I DEFINITELY did not edit that just for the sake of the post.

I do play both of them though, and Villager. Sometimes I think I have too many mains lol.
i Am sKepTiCAl AboUt tHaT

My favs are Ness, Lucas, and Ike

D

Deleted member

i Am sKepTiCAl AboUt tHaT

My favs are Ness, Lucas, and Ike
Ike is sickass because he basically has giant disjointed hitboxes floating around him at all times with his massive af sword that he swings surprisingly fast, especially in his aerials and also he's hot as HELL

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
King Dedede is the best because he's already perfect.

I'm surprised Sakurai hasn't nerfed him yet but you know, Sakurai Bias and all that.

D

Deleted member

Ike is sickass because he basically has giant disjointed hitboxes floating around him at all times with his massive af sword that he swings surprisingly fast, especially in his aerials and also he's hot as HELL
Yeah, he's really good in this game. He was my main in Brawl. He's definitely better in Ultimate than Brawl and Smash 4

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdont jinx it!
Honestly, I think it's fine: Kirby was good in one or two of the early Smash games, Metaknight was the best in Brawl, and now both Kirby and MK have been buffed in Ultimate to be better characters again. Sakurai Bias in full SWWWING! I think this is why we will never get another Kirby rep: not only are a lot of them from Kirby games Sakurai didn't make, but when the three reps you have are already this good, do you REALLLY need a fourth terror behind a cute face?

To bring this back to Geno, my personal bet is that we get a Direct Date on the 8th or 9th, but I'm feeling the 8th more. If this Direct has ANYTHING on Smash at all, it has to have another reveal.

Think about it: what would be the point of talking about Smash at all for just a couple of release dates? It's their biggest game of last year (and so late in the year that it's basically this year as well) and they have only shown one face for the Fighter's Pass...a lot of people are still wary since Passes usually end up being disappointing, so dropping another reveal during the first full month of Ultimate to steam on the hype would be a good marketing choice. Unless they reveal something else about Smash, like a Nintendo-hosted tournament or something else big, I feel they either will give us something big or not bring up Ultimate at all.

Here's to hoping it's not Eddy, no offense to those who want him of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think it's fine: Kirby was good in one or two of the early Smash games, Metaknight was the best in Brawl, and now both Kirby and MK have been buffed in Ultimate to be better characters again. Sakurai Bias in full SWWWING! I think this is why we will never get another Kirby rep: not only are a lot of them from Kirby games Sakurai didn't make, but when the three reps you have are already this good, do you REALLLY need a fourth terror behind a cute face?

To bring this back to Geno, my personal bet is that we get a Direct Date on the 8th or 9th, but I'm feeling the 8th more. If this Direct has ANYTHING on Smash at all, it has to have another reveal.

Think about it: what would be the point of talking about Smash at all for just a couple of release dates? It's their biggest game of last year (and so late in the year that it's basically this year as well) and they have only shown one face for the Fighter's Pass...a lot of people are still wary since Passes usually end up being disappointing, so dropping another reveal during the first full month of Ultimate to steam on the hype would be a good marketing choice. Unless they reveal something else about Smash, like a Nintendo-hosted tournament or something else big, I feel they either will give us something big or not bring up Ultimate at all.

Here's to hoping it's not Eddy, no offense to those who want him of course.
Honestly I think they're just gonna do a quick "for you Smashers, Piranha Plant will be available February whenever" thing

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Gotta say, even if we'll never see Geno in that amazing Smash Ultimate banner with the rest of the base roster (and completely ignoring any and all datamine, leak, and rumor info because c'mon guys), at least he's still showing up in some other pretty awesome-looking crossover banners. Heck I'm tempted to hunt one of these down for a physical collectible.

(They're Magfest exclusives):
DvZyAIeUwAEDAAv.jpg

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If we get Smash info that is new during a Nintendo Direct...

Mii costumes. Callin' it right now. It'll be Mii costumes.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
You know how basically every Mii Costume got upgraded to playable? Chrom's Mii Costume... King K. Rool's Mii Costume... It'd be a shame if Geno's mii costume was foreshadowing... Geno's mii costume. :c

If Geno doesn't make it in Smash I'll dedicate my forum time to Operation Starfall! :>

Just wanted to show this guy's reaction. It's priceless. :D

D

Deleted member

When are they adding Piranha Plant to the banner?
I think they will either add PP to the banner when he is ready to be playable or he won't be on the banner since he is a bonus, or DLC characters won't be on the banner

D

Deleted member

I think they will either add PP to the banner when he is ready to be playable or he won't be on the banner since he is a bonus, or DLC characters won't be on the banner
They should add DLC characters to the banner. I would like to know where Joker would be. I also want to see Geno there if he gets added, which I'm kinda leaning towards no on

D

Deleted member

They should add DLC characters to the banner. I would like to know where Joker would be. I also want to see Geno there if he gets added, which I'm kinda leaning towards no on
Yeah, they should. Do you mean that you don't believe Geno will be playable or you don't believe he will be added to the banner if he is playable?

Eric2625

Smash Cadet
Hopefully they add characters to the classic banner!

D

Deleted member

Yeah, they should. Do you mean that you don't believe Geno will be playable or you don't believe he will be added to the banner if he is playable?
I mean, if Geno gets in, I would like to see him be on the banner. The possibility of him being playable is what I'm leaning towards no on. I think we're gonna see the Mii costume come back.

D

Deleted member

I mean, if Geno gets in, I would like to see him be on the banner. The possibility of him being playable is what I'm leaning towards no on. I think we're gonna see the Mii costume come back.
I would love to see him on the banner too.

Ah, I see. I'm still holding on strong that he will be playable :)

D

Deleted member

I would love to see him on the banner too.

Ah, I see. I'm still holding on strong that he will be playable :)
I still have hope left in me. Just not as much as when we were speculating about the base roster

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Since you guys were talking about mii costumes before, do you think any of them would be third party (assuming we get any)?

D

Deleted member

Since you guys were talking about mii costumes before, do you think any of them would be third party (assuming we get any)?
I think Lloyd and Geno could be two of the DLC characters, with their Mii costumes ported over from Smash 4 along with them being playable.

I also think we will get some Persona Mii costumes, and a Slime hat if Eddy is in. And if Geno is in, Mallow could get a Mii costume too

D

Deleted member

I think Lloyd and Geno could be two of the DLC characters, with their Mii costumes ported over from Smash 4 along with them being playable.

I also think we will get some Persona Mii costumes, and a Slime hat if Eddy is in. And if Geno is in, Mallow could get a Mii costume too
My guess is that ALL Mii costumes from 4 that were left out of Ultimate will return as DLC, alongside one or two new ones for each new DLC character barring some certain stingy companies. I doubt we're getting new costumes for a Square rep. I am of the mind that even if they bring back a Mii costume like Lloyd's or Geno's that won't burn them from being playable. I feel like they're gonna want to blanket-pull ALL of the old ones from 4.

D

Deleted member

My guess is that ALL Mii costumes from 4 that were left out of Ultimate will return as DLC, alongside one or two new ones for each new DLC character barring some certain stingy companies. I doubt we're getting new costumes for a Square rep. I am of the mind that even if they bring back a Mii costume like Lloyd's or Geno's that won't burn them from being playable. I feel like they're gonna want to blanket-pull ALL of the old ones from 4.
That is a good point. I feel though that if Geno and Lloyd are playable and their Mii costumes return, the Mii costumes would be announced at the same time as their fighter reveals or after. If they announce them with no fighter reveal, I don't think they will be playable in wave 1

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Gotta say, even if we'll never see Geno in that amazing Smash Ultimate banner with the rest of the base roster (and completely ignoring any and all datamine, leak, and rumor info because c'mon guys), at least he's still showing up in some other pretty awesome-looking crossover banners. Heck I'm tempted to hunt one of these down for a physical collectible.

(They're Magfest exclusives):
Poor SiivaGunner got their channel taken down again...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regarding the Mii costumes, I believe it's a deconfirmation for a character just like the Assist Trophies.

Hopefully they add characters to the classic banner!
They have too or otherwise they really couldn't say ''EVERYONE IS HERE!'' without including the DLC characters on the banner.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'm on the boat that it is game over for Geno if his Mii costume returns which I believe it will. Probably in the next direct hopefully this month we will be able to find out more.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Something needs to be said about Mii costumes:

Yes, there are redundancies and reprints. King K. Rool, Chrom, etc. all have mii costumes. That's because they had them in Smash 4 and they simply made their way into Ultimate. That doesn't instantly mean that mii fighter costumes don't deconfirm. I'm pretty sure, and I could be very wrong about this, that the dev team decided the DLC with current content in mind: meaning that they probably picked characters to be fighters who aren't currently spirits or mii fighters. What I'm saying is that it's likely that Spirits and mii fighter outfits deconfirm.......for the first wave.

If the dev team were to decide to make a second wave of DLC, I'll argue the chance that they'll look into fan demands and disappointments at some characters not being in and focus on popularity rather than consistency. So if people want a character who is a spirit and/or a mii fighter outfit, I'll reckon the dev tea may do something about it if a second DLC wave happens. Because at that point we're all going to want some form of recognition rather than random surprises.

So even if Geno gets a mii fighter outfit I wouldn't lose hope at all.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I wonder if a hypothetical Wave 2 could be another "wild picks you wouldn't expect" wave to also bring in the money and hype. Maybe a mix a both? We'll see...

Though a fan-requests one could finally include a Rhythm Paradise character as DLC and that'd be pretty cool...

D

Deleted member

If a second wave were to happen, I just hope Sakurai has full control instead of NoJ pulling the strings.

Also, I just thought of another thing when it comes to DLC characters. Recently, I've seen people who still believe that every DLC character is going to be a new NEW character (2016 - Now)

If Erdrick, who is a pretty old character (DQ3 came out in 1988) gets in, that means those people who believe every character would be a character from more recent years would shut up about the whole thing. That way there wouldn't be anymore people who believe that.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Yeah I wonder what specifically Sakurai would try to put in with DLC.

...Maybe a Rhythm Paradise rep maybe?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
If a second wave were to happen, I just hope Sakurai has full control instead of NoJ pulling the strings.

Also, I just thought of another thing when it comes to DLC characters. Recently, I've seen people who still believe that every DLC character is going to be a new NEW character (2016 - Now)

If Erdrick, who is a pretty old character (DQ3 came out in 1988) gets in, that means those people who believe every character would be a character from more recent years would shut up about the whole thing. That way there wouldn't be anymore people who believe that.

Just wanted to throw that out there.
This would also shut us up about Geno, because SMRPG came out in 1996.

Also, is there anything about Lloyd that fits the word Brave? What about the supposed stats of the 'Brave' character, would it make sense around Lloyd or Yuri?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom