• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He does lol.

I can just imagine someone drawing him and Frogfucious with a text box over Frogfucious saying:

"MALLOW, YOU ARE NOT A TADPOLE"
This was my first thought seeing this and I am pretty sure that makes me a terrible person.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something you all need to consider is that Geno would be getting in on different merits than Erdrick. From how I see it, Erdrick would basically be the equivalent of Ryu, a character hardly anyone wanted but was meant to represent something bigger. Dragon Quest is overwhelmingly popular in Japan and basically the flagship franchise of the Enix side of Square Enix. Geno is a big fan favorite and pretty much the last notable fanbase that has had visibility since even before Brawl. He's like K. Rool or Chrom or Daisy, 95% of the reason he'd be added would be to please fans.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something you all need to consider is that Geno would be getting in on different merits than Erdrick. From how I see it, Erdrick would basically be the equivalent of Ryu, a character hardly anyone wanted but was meant to represent something bigger. Dragon Quest is overwhelmingly popular in Japan and basically the flagship franchise of the Enix side of Square Enix. Geno is a big fan favorite and pretty much the last notable fanbase that has had visibility since even before Brawl. He's like K. Rool or Chrom or Daisy, 95% of the reason he'd be added would be to please fans.
I do think SMRPG as a whole can represent something greater, that being the peak of Square and Nintendo's relationship, but DQ's influence far outshines even that, as well as fan want still being Geno's biggest merit.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
The Grinch leak was beautiful. I always imagine a time where it was real. When it was glorious. When all those characters in the Grinch leak would be revealed in that god tier CGI. When the Geno bros, Isaac bros, and Banjo bros would all receive their well deserved reward. When Sonic's rival would go head to head with him. When Rhythm Heaven would get a rep. When Mach Rider would join the fray as the new retro rep after being considered for Melee.

When all the speculation for the major fan favorite characters (except for characters like Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, and Elma) would finally be over.
Ah, but it is real, unfortunately only on Earth 2 in another dimension probably. :urg:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It may be a ghost town here, yes, but that's likely because of all of the effort being put into Operation Starfall. That being said, though, I still encourage campaigning for Geno in Smash, as well. However, like I said ad nauseum, I think that focusing our effort on a wider view will ultimately be the best option, not just Geno, but for Mallow, as well.

(where is all the mallow love he is such a good fluff)
I know I'm being pessimistic strifer over here; but these kind of long term campaigns don't sit well with me. I think it just muddy's up our goals and makes the campaign a whole lot more "long term"

D

Deleted member

I know I'm being pessimistic strifer over here; but these kind of long term campaigns don't sit well with me. I think it just muddy's up our goals and makes the campaign a whole lot more "long term"
But...that isn't happening. It'll help you feel less pessimistic if you come over to the Operation Starfall thread and turn your pessimism into optimism. The more you stay here and be pessimistic, the more you are missing out on a chance to help Geno fans, Mallow fans, and Super Mario RPG fans in general to reach new heights and spread awareness

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Is it weird I really don't understand how people got so on to the Grinch leak?

I immediately saw a lot of problems with it personally and lots of things felt like people just really wanting it to be true as opposed to being more objective... Not trying to bring up a Team Real vs Team Fake, but the certainty with which people believed it still astounds me.

D

Deleted member

I immediately saw a lot of problems with it personally and lots of things felt like people just really wanting it to be true as opposed to being more objective... Not trying to bring up a Team Real vs Team Fake, but the certainty with which people believed it still astounds me.
Have you come to the Operation Starfall thread?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I figured it was too good to be true (especially since they had so little time to announce five unique characters, each with their own trailers), but I can see why people believed it.

All of the artwork was unique (whereas the images used for fake leaks tend to be found very quickly), required parts of the Everyone is Here to be visible when they hadn't been before (parts of the background, or the body parts of certain characters; things had been adjusted slightly), and had enough previously-unseen marketing material and other details pointing towards this being from a marketing company to make it seem legitimate.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Alpha Rad's WOL coverage was really disappointing tbh. I'd rather see him go through his first run through without ****ing cheesing it. Kind of felt like I wasted some of my time.

D

Deleted member

Alpha Rad's WOL coverage was really disappointing tbh. I'd rather see him go through his first run through without ****ing cheesing it. Kind of felt like I wasted some of my time.
How? Like, was he really good or did he use powerful spirits?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He just found janky strategies and Spirit combo's and basically abused them the whole way through. Hoping ProJared's run through is a bit more entertaining.
If it includes Overpowered Olimar, that is 100% legitimate glitch-abusing(is it a glitch? may just be Olimar-specific stuff idk) and should never be patched :estatic:

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If it includes Overpowered Olimar, that is 100% legitimate glitch-abusing(is it a glitch? may just be Olimar-specific stuff idk) and should never be patched :estatic:
I mean he can use the strat if he wants to but I personally don't find it very entertaining.

D

Deleted member

CJBrine, come to the Operation Starfall thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet
One way or another bro, us Geno fans have to stick together and make things happen. Let's try and push for his return in not just smash, but everything else. He's the coolest Mario character and I feel as though he should be important in all aspects. Just like Banjo. It's neither characters' fault that companies and their relationships fall apart. So come fight with us. It's the only way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
CJBrine, come to the Operation Starfall thread!
I've been there; tried signing the petition, apparently it requires you to share it- not that I don't want to, I'm just typically a shy person, and the only place I think I'd make any sort-of impact is Facebook, where most of the people who know me most-likely don't know SMRPG (though maybe they'd like it anyway because it's a Mario game...?); I also tend to be very shy in general, not as much on Facebook but the people who know me are mostly those I've actually met irl.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've been there; tried signing the petition, apparently it requires you to share it- not that I don't want to, I'm just typically a shy person, and the only place I think I'd make any sort-of impact is Facebook, where most of the people who know me most-likely don't know SMRPG (though maybe they'd like it anyway because it's a Mario game...?)
I just did the first step and it counted my signature. The rest just seems to be for the extra help. I have no place to share it to as well, as I am not to active on my social media outside of checking on friends and family.

D

Deleted member

I've been there; tried signing the petition, apparently it requires you to share it- not that I don't want to, I'm just typically a shy person, and the only place I think I'd make any sort-of impact is Facebook, where most of the people who know me most-likely don't know SMRPG (though maybe they'd like it anyway because it's a Mario game...?); I also tend to be very shy in general, not as much on Facebook but the people who know me are mostly those I've actually met irl.
Oh, ok then. Feel free to come to the thread anytime though :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just did the first step and it counted my signature. The rest just seems to be for the extra help. I have no place to share it to as well, as I am not to active on my social media outside of checking on friends and family.
Yeah, I'm not actually active on Facebook and such, either. I rarely post anything on those sites, unless you count youtube.

I didn't realize it still counted, though; I feel like maybe I saw it count before, but I must've forgotten, I just saw e-mails for the Porky and Isaac petitions and saw the steps, and thought "do I need to do this...?"

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not actually active on Facebook and such, either. I rarely post anything.

I didn't realize it still counted, though; I feel like maybe I saw it count before, but I must've forgotten, I just saw e-mails for the Porky and Isaac petitions and saw the steps, and thought "do I need to do this...?"
Well, whenever I go to the petition on my phone it's asking me if I want to continue the steps, so I think it still counts. That, and I saw the supporter number go up accordingly.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For many of us it’s been ten years campaigning for Geno in Smash. SMRPG came out 23 years ago. It’s already pretty long term.

What up.

Well, you sent a summon, but he has not arrived as of yet, so technically you have not done so yet.
Sorry, was at the movies. Wreck-It Ralph 2 is great, by the way.

D

Deleted member

For many of us it’s been ten years campaigning for Geno in Smash. SMRPG came out 23 years ago. It’s already pretty long term.

What up.

Sorry, was at the movies. Wreck-It Ralph 2 is great, by the way.
Hello GG

was Sora in wreckit ralph 2

D

Deleted member

Tbh as someone who enjoys using Olimar I don't like how in order to use one of my favorite movesets in single-player without cheesing everything I have to nerf myself down hard. I ended up not using him at all.

D

Deleted member

So, in light of recent rumors about a Square-Enix character being announced soon. I decided to play a little "what-if?" and took a crack at making a stage from Super Mario RPG that Geno could bring with him if he's this rumored character.

Bowser’s Keep
from Super Mario RPG

And what better way than to play off some Smash Rumors! I won’t go into too much detail, but tl;dr some stuff that was datamined has caused some people to think that a Square Enix character will be the next fighter announced for the fighter pass.

Heck if I know right now exactly who it will be. But of the stages I have jotted down in my list of ones to put together for this thread, only one of them tied into a Square-Enix character. In this case, Geno.

Now if Geno gets in, the most notable option for a Stage he could bring is the Forest Maze. I wouldn’t object to that in any way. I just have trouble picturing it as a Smash Bros. stage. So I brainstormed a different possibility that I could envision better. I thought of a few ideas that I wasn’t completely sure of such as Nimbus Land. And then the requests for a Bowser’s Castle stage that I am in agreement with hit me like a truck. So here we are.

Oh dear. Apologies for the less than descriptive imagery.

You might need this video as a reference to help figure out how certain things look.

But for what you see above, picture the chamber that looks like the entrance to the castle, complete with Bowser Symbol rug and everything. This is basically a walk-off that looks exactly like that, with the candle pillars that Bowser and Peach are standing on having two passable platforms on them. One in the middle, one at the top.

And that’s pretty much it. Aside from Croco appearing in the background to throw items to the arena if items are enabled (basically just a way of getting items more frequently like the Candle’s in Dracula’s Castle) that’s all that happens here.

Sound boring? Well fear not! This layout is only one of 4 that this stage can switch between. It always randomly start on one of the 4 and then change to another one at random after 20 seconds.

So what’s layout Number 2?

The part of the castle with a wooden bridge over lava. That doesn’t seem safe. And safe it is indeed not because while the bridge, like the stone floor, is a solid non-passable ground one of them will break at a random point that will never exceed 5 seconds. Whether someone is standing on it or not.

As you can see, this layout is not a walk-off. It has edges. As for which parts are bridge and which parts are stone, here you go.

In between the two blue lines is one of the two bridges, and in between the two green lines is the other. When a bridge is broken, it will repair itself at a point in time 2 seconds higher than the amount of time it took to break in the first place. And only one bridge can break at a time. The other will have to wait till after repairs are complete on it’s twin.

Though when a bridges is broken, there will be a small, passable stone platform below where it once was to help make lava dips a little harder. On the flip side though, sometimes the bridge might be replaced by a row of donut blocks instead.

If this happens, any Donut Blocks stood on for too long will fall and won’t come back while this “bridge” is still active. And all the blocks will fall if a bridge breaking point in time is reached.

The 3rd layout takes place on top of those iconic chandeliers. They function as hard platforms, but are held up by the chains. While you can only damage the chains by attacking them at the base where it connects to the chandelier, you can still damage them. And if they take enough damage, they’ll fall down until another chain lowers to bring them back up.

Don’t worry too much though. Paratroopa’s will appear below a chandelier when it’s about to break. They function as hard platforms and will remain there until a few seconds after their corresponding chandelier is brought back.

The 4th and final layout takes place at the top of the keep where Exor resides. Exor functions as a stage boss. If he expands his eye he will shoot a venom drench from that eye to the same side of the stage. It won’t do much damage, but it will poison a character it hits for a small time.

When he opens his mouth, he will release an orb of Corona that will have a limited homing function as it decides a fighter to target. After a while it will stop moving and release a circular electric blast.

He could also summon a Flame Stone from the sky onto one of the platforms when he opens his mouth.

Given the 20 second period each phase takes place in, Exor doesn’t have a health meter. Instead he will go down in 8 hits towards his face. The only place you can damage him.

If Exor is defeated, a spiraling portal in the player color of the character who dealt the last hit will appear in his now hanging open mouth. This will last for the rest of the phase, and 10 seconds into the next phase.

If the character who earned this portal would be KO’d, whether from being launched off the screen or falling to their doom. Then this portal would teleport them back to to the center of the stage right before they hit the the blast zone. But when the time is up, or if this portal is used once, it will disappear until Exor is defeated again.

And that wraps up Bowser’s Keep! If Geno is actually the rumored character, let’s see how close this ends up being to the stage he brings with him :p

Possible DLC Character this stage could come with:

Geno

DLC Music this stage could bring:

Fight Against Bowser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfoDgGfSfw&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=5

Fight Against Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47E3huMb83M&index=10&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against an Armed Boss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fI6e8Rvgc&index=19&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Let’s go Down the Wine River: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6hqp4JPmmA&index=22&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTObNtPZimQ&index=28&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Welcome! Yo’ster Island: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwpQJSjJ1bI&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b&index=31

Docaty Mountain Railroad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIwskSQMW7c&index=34&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Barrel Volcano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc0yVImE-P8&index=53&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Smithy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtWfsPKnF4&index=57&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Fight Against Culex (Can this also be put on Midgar please?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wWtiCorGs&index=46&list=PLSHMcAUZYM-747dALKoLQgcwc_H-mzU9b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom