• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
Bit late to the thread, but my favourite Mario games are (in order)

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 (They're both masterpieces imo haha)
Super Mario 64
New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Outside of the MOTHER and Mario discussions, if Geno didn't get in, who would your favourite of the other Six Squares be?

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

Outside of the MOTHER and Mario discussions, if Geno didn't get in, who would your favourite of the other Six Squares be?
Your first post ever is in the Geno thread? Good taste. ;) Welcome!

Of the other six Square reps that are rumored, I honestly would want Crono if Geno didn't get in. I'd love to see him implemented and CT revived, even if I know that's a heck of a pipe dream.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

Sora easily. Just started Kingdom Hearts 2 and I think he’d be a really cool addition. (Especially if it means one day Riku could get in.)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm a long-time lurker but the infectious optimism for the Starsend Square Rep kinda inspired me into making an account, as cheesy as that sounds!
Funny, because the love for Geno, whether he makes it or not, is what inspired me to make an account, as well. I love how our passion has brought us all together!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It was bad and I’m still sorry...
It could be worse, at least you weren't treated the way an Agumon supporter would be in the general thread.

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

Slime! Besides being fun and endearing, it would inspire the devs to eventually pay attention to the more popular secondary characters of the DQ franchise.

beans

Smash Lord

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

Somewhat flip-floping between Crono and Sora.
My ballot vote was still Sora during the time tough, considering it was the most possible one.

Dan

Smash Lord
I've thought he was a lock for quite a while now. It makes way too much sense given everything we know. I feel like Erdrick is leakbait. Suddenly Erdrick gets a few insiders behind him, and all the miles of paperwork and multiple companies don't matter? He's been requested since Melee, but consistently and highly requested since brawl. Sakurai wants him in. He is one of VERY FEW 3rd party mii outfits that isn't replaced by either appearing in another character's moveset, or being an assist trophy. This list includes: Geno, Jacky, Lloyd, that monster hunter outfit (who is represented by rathalos assist, tbh), and Tails (who appears on a stage) I firmly believe that every single DLC character we get will either be a non-repped 3rd party, or an ace/legendary spirit that is also an online icon.

There's also the fact that a square rep has been rumored for so long now, but hasn't been revealed. Why is that? There's a really reasonable explanation, but it only works if the rep in question is Geno.

sakurai: alright cool now that clouds in smash 4 we can also add geno in the next game for the fans lets start working on him
square: hollup. we wanna be dlc in the next game tho
sakurai: wait really what the heck. thats lame.
square: ugh i guess its fine to put cloud in the base game but thats it.
sakurai: what am i supposed to do with all this geno stuff??????
square: make him dlc i guess i dont care
sakurai: [puts geno on hold until further notice]
square and nintendo: hey sakurai use geno's redesign from this upcoming remake and dont reveal him until we reveal this game
sakurai: ok well were gonna have to rename this Geno (original) spirit because nobody knows about his redesign yet

yeah so anyway geno is basically already confirmed im gonna go celebrate if u dont mind
He's basically confirmed because you made up some dialogue? That doesn't align at all with Nintendo selecting the characters, and them all supposedly being unexpected.

"Sakurai wants him in", but he still somehow isn't in some 70 characters later, and they elected a generic piranha plant over him.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He's basically confirmed because you made up some dialogue? That doesn't align at all with Nintendo selecting the characters, and them all supposedly being unexpected.

"Sakurai wants him in", but he still somehow isn't in some 70 characters later, and they elected a generic piranha plant over him.
Well, granted, it's far easier for them to use a Piranha Plant, a 1st party character of Nintendo's, than for them to use Geno, a 3rd party tied up in legal tape with a company known for being kind of ****ty when it comes to fan demand and even corporate demand. No matter how much Sakurai wants Geno, he has a lot against him that he'd have to fight through, most of it being because Geno is tied to Square.

I hardly think Geno is a lock — quite the opposite, in fact — but I think that using 'Piranha Plant got in over him' is like comparing apples to oranges.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
if geno doesn't make it then crono would be the only other character I would care about from the square seven.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

I know nothing about any of them, but I would like Sora mainly because I'm actually planning on picking up KH3

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It could be worse, at least you weren't treated the way an Agumon supporter would be in the general thread.
Ugh I heard about that... Poor kid... I don’t even like Digimon but Agumon would be kinda interesting in my opinion.

I know this is kinda random but one of my favorite aspects of SSBU so far are the tailor-made classic modes. Ness, Falco, and Jigglypuff’s are probably my favorites so far. If Geno gets in, what do you think would be the theme of his Classic Mode?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ugh I heard about that... Poor kid... I don’t even like Digimon but Agumon would be kinda interesting in my opinion.

I know this is kinda random but one of my favorite aspects of SSBU so far are the tailor-made classic modes. Ness, Falco, and Jigglypuff’s are probably my favorites so far. If Geno gets in, what do you think would be the theme of his Classic Mode?t
I think it would be SMRPG-themed, with most of the battles having Mario, Peach and Bowser as AI partners. The final battle would be against Galleom, who practically looks like a derivative model of Blade.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I know this is kinda random but one of my favorite aspects of SSBU so far are the tailor-made classic modes. Ness, Falco, and Jigglypuff’s are probably my favorites so far. If Geno gets in, what do you think would be the theme of his Classic Mode?
I'd absolutely love if Geno's classic mode represented SMRPG bosses with a final battle resembling Smithy. It's five normal battles, the bonus run, and then the final boss, right? If we skip Croco, given Geno isn't in the party when you fight him first, we start with Bowyer being represented by Link, who uses a bow (including in his FS), and we go from there.

1) Link (bow user, represents Bowyer, 1v1)
2) A bomb user of some kind to represent Punchinello? Snake? Samus/Dark Samus? Both, with Mario as an ally (2v2)?
3) Wario (representing Booster, I really don't think I need to say much else)
4) Giant yellow Kirby (representing Belome)
5) A group of five in varying colors, representing the Axem Rangers. Can't really say I'm sure who'd be best here?
6) Bonus game.
7) Final boss: Galleom to represent Smithy.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario 64

Tbh my favorite of the Square characters is Sora (don’t hurt me), though I think Geno should already be in at this point.

I’d also be hype for Crono like everyone else.

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Bros. 3
Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Super Paper Mario

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'd absolutely love if Geno's classic mode represented SMRPG bosses with a final battle resembling Smithy. It's five normal battles, the bonus run, and then the final boss, right? If we skip Croco, given Geno isn't in the party when you fight him first, we start with Bowyer being represented by Link, who uses a bow (including in his FS), and we go from there.

1) Link (bow user, represents Bowyer, 1v1)
2) A bomb user of some kind to represent Punchinello? Snake? Samus/Dark Samus? Both, with Mario as an ally (2v2)?
3) Wario (representing Booster, I really don't think I need to say much else)
4) Giant yellow Kirby (representing Belome)
5) A group of five in varying colors, representing the Axem Rangers. Can't really say I'm sure who'd be best here?
6) Bonus game.
7) Final boss: Galleom to represent Smithy.
That is actually REALLY close to what I made! I posted this in another thread a while ago.

I spent way too much time on this.

For Geno, I based the matches from the Star-holding bosses of Super Mario RPG, with the Mario gang as allies. The opponents have interesting weapon links to the weapon-themed bosses.

I included the choice of color, although they aren't always used in Classic Mode. As for the ally Mallow, I used white Kirby, because that's what Geno's spirit fight uses.

Round 1: Mack. vs :ultcorrin: (Sword-Legs)
Stage: Princess Peach's Castle (Battlefield)
(Colors: Red)
Round 2: Bowyer. vs :ultpit: (Bow)
Stage: Dream Land (Battlefield) or Geno's DLC stage, Forest Maze
(Colors: Green Pit)
Round 3: Punchinello. vs :ultkrool: (Just similar body shape)
Stage: Gerudo Valley (Battlefield)
(Colors: Purple K. Rool)
Stage 4: Johnny, King Calamari, and Yaridovich. Free For All :ultgreninja::ultinkling: (Water Sword, Squid, and Cyborg)
Stage: Gaur Plains, night (Metal Face represents Yaridovich)
(Colors: Default)
Stage 5: Axem Rangers. vs Horde :ultfalcon: (Based on Power Rangers)
Stage: Halberd
(Colors: Red, Gold, Black, Green, Pink)
Stage 6: Exor. vs Giant :ultcloud:, 2 Allies :ultmario: & :ultkirby: (Giant sword, nuff said)
Stage: Hyrule Castle
(Colors: White Kirby)

Boss: Smithy. vs Galleom

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That is actually REALLY close to what I made! I posted this in another thread a while ago.
That is so cool and honestly, better than what I came up! (Except I still love giant yellow Kirby Belome, ahaha...) God, this just makes me want Geno even more, and that hurts my poor pessimistic heart so much. I hope someone makes a really great Geno mod if he doesn't make it, and even makes him a classic mode just like this.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Those Classic Mode concepts are great, you guys!

I'm not against any other Square characters getting in...I'm just not FOR them either. But if I HAD to pick other Square reps that aren't Geno(or Mallow)...

1. Bub and Bob
2. Space Invader :4pacman:
3. Neku
4. Terra
That's it, really. I'm not overly familiar with Square games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was bad and I’m still sorry...
Don't worry about it. It wasn't really your fault. It also brought up some interesting points, even if they weren't for this topic.

Debate creates a lot of good discussion and helps people learn things. If it was a big enough deal, we'd transfer the posts over to the Ninten thread.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Those Classic Mode concepts are great, you guys!

I'm not against any other Square characters getting in...I'm just not FOR them either. But if I HAD to pick other Square reps that aren't Geno(or Mallow)...

1. Bub and Bob
2. Space Invader :4pacman:
3. Neku
4. Terra
That's it, really. I'm not overly familiar with Square games.
Space Invader before the Tetris Block.

The ultimate betrayal.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I am okay with any of them except for Sora. Aside from thinking the character is lame, I kind of don't want Disney having any presence in the game at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Don't worry about it. It wasn't really your fault. It also brought up some interesting points, even if they weren't for this topic.

Debate creates a lot of good discussion and helps people learn things. If it was a big enough deal, we'd transfer the posts over to the Ninten thread.
Still more on-topic than the Shantae thread, and even then they don't really make that much of a fuss over it.

There really isn't much to talk about that hasn't been brought up already while waiting for things to happen, is all.

Space Invader before the Tetris Block.

The ultimate betrayal.
And we would legitimately call The Tetris Company cheap.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I wanted to ask you guys, tell me about your most obscure characters that you've ever considered to be in Smash. (Characters that doens't have that much appeal or aren't part of the discussion in general)

For me it would be Ardy Lightfoot from Ardy Lightfoot on the SNES, Bonkers from Bonkers (CAPCOM) and Peacock from Skull Girls.

frostare

Smash Rookie
I wanted to ask you guys, tell me about your most obscure characters that you've ever considered to be in Smash. (Characters that doens't have that much appeal or aren't part of the discussion in general)

For me it would be Ardy Lightfoot from Ardy Lightfoot on the SNES, Bonkers from Bonkers (CAPCOM) and Peacock from Skull Girls.
Well, not sure if this is the place to do ask that, but I'll give a quick reply and try to keep it topic-relevant. From Super Mario RPG it would be Booster or Valentina. Overall... probably Asmik-kun, Master Higgins (not as obscure but... come on! Is he dead? =P ) or Marina Liteyears. Oh! Dynamite Headdy, Plok, Shatterhand, Little Samson and Princess from Magical Pop'n would be cool to see, too.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

On a personal note, Zeke from Xenoblade 2. It's quite literally never going to happen, but I'd lose my **** if it did, even just as an AT.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Good morning, everyone. I found this video in my recommended and it shows what our Smash mains say about us. I found it very humorous so I thought I'd share it with you guys and gals. All of the fighters (minus the echo fighters) are all ordered in debut order just like in Ultimate. Just a reminder: it's all a joke. Some of my mains were also called out for being bad and it gave me a good laugh.

Warning: Foul Language.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

If we're talking obscure characters , I'm gonna go with mah girl Zizou Olympia from the legend of the Dark Witch.
I've just bought recently the second episode and third episode of this franchise , and I'm at the final boss on the first epsiode for now. I don't want to derail the thread by talking too much about her , but her games are on the 3DS eshop if you are interested.
There is also Klonoa , but I wouldn't call him as obscure as Zizou.

And , my favorites Mario games? Here's a top 10:
1)Every Mario and Luigi game.
2)Super Mario RPG
3)Paper Mario TTYD/Mario 3D World (can't decide between the two)
4)Mario Galaxy 1/2
5)Mario Sunshine
6)Mario Party 8/5(can't decide between the two)
7)Mario 64 DS
8)Super Mario Bros 2.(US)
9)New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U
10)Mario Strikers Football

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Bonkers is a licensed cartoon character though.

Most obscure? For me that's probably Clint and Annie from Wild Guns, although their remake put them back in the public eye again.

Oh, and Riki and Mami from Bangai-O, because we could use more making up movesets for people that mainly pilot things.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers. An absolute gem of a game because of the gameplay. It was a project done by Enix and Treasure and it kills me that it was never considered for a sequel (I doubt it sold well). I unironically shipped her and Megaman as a kid. She was like the Shantae of the late 90's.

D

Deleted member

Daydreamin' Davey

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Well, not sure if this is the place to do ask that, but I'll give a quick reply and try to keep it topic-relevant. From Super Mario RPG it would be Booster or Valentina. Overall... probably Asmik-kun, Master Higgins (not as obscure but... come on! Is he dead? =P ) or Marina Liteyears. Oh! Dynamite Headdy, Plok, Shatterhand, Little Samson and Princess from Magical Pop'n would be cool to see, too.
I absolutely forgot about Little Samson and Magical Pop'n! god damn what a good games, I never played Mischief Makers tho, I really want to try it out someday

Off topic: Vinny from Vinesauce started to play Mother 3 (Finally)

D

Deleted member

I absolutely forgot about Little Samson and Magical Pop'n! god damn what a good games, I never played Mischief Makers tho, I really want to try it out someday

Off topic: Vinny from Vinesauce started to play Mother 3 (Finally)
I KNOW I AM SO HAPPY THAT HE IS FINALLY DOING IT

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Higgins is currently dormant, alongside Bonk.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681

Gordon from Half-Life. A gaming icon that I just see will never appear in Smash, despite having actually not terrible moveset potential.

Kara from Detroit: Become Human. An android with guns that I think might not suck.

Monita from Nintendo Land. Could implement some of the minigames from Nintendo Land in her moveset, including shooting gold coins at the player or even launching gift boxes at them.

Tabuu from Brawl. Would be a lot smaller and probably have a very unique moveset, just a lot of people would be mad since Master Hand is more of a series staple. Imo, Tabuu would actually be a cooler just because Master Hand is a boss in every game, but Tabuu is never coming back.

A guardian from BotW. I get Ridley was too big, but a guardian is actually too big.

Sakurai himself. Have actually seen this one and I don't know how this would even work but I won't question it.

The Evil Piano from Mario 64. Would be a bigger "wtf" character than Wii Fit and Piranha Plant.

A dancer from Just Dance. I'm not even against that tbh, would be interesting to see.

Spongebob or The Rugrats. Actually had video games in their honor and should just be avoided at all costs.

Lebron James. Wanna Sprite Cranberry?

Superhot protagonist. Creator wants a Switch port and would be an awkward addition to the cast.

The one guy with the mustache from Carnival games. Enough said.

Viewtiful Joe. I still can never see this guy coming from a million miles away.

Yuri from DDLC. Once again, no.

AND THE MOST OBSCURE PICK EVER:
A guy just trying to get some sleep from Party Hard. The game is just about stabbing people at a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom