• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
My biggest question mark about Geno spirit would Geno be a DLC character.. Why would they add him as a Spirit NOW, and not later with the "Square pack". Having Geno as a Spirit now (if he is in) ruins the surprise of Sakurai managed to get the rights to him, and the man loves to surprise people. To announce the Pikachu and Eevee Spirit isn't the same thing considering well, Eevee is in as a Pokeball and Pikachu is already in as a fighter.
Or, it could be a way to throw us off the trail and think he's not in. As many people are constantly debating is the case with the spirits disconfirming stuff.

Really though, I think they just hadn't started the DLC plans at the time the spirit was created. Either way, it's not going to ruin the surprise, because, well...we still don't know if he's in.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hello,

I'm seeing Geno DLC speculation. The rumors I am seeing, is that Geno could be a likely DLC, but a new rumor has surfaced, and it has to do with the character choice as I've saw on Gamefaqs: SE choosing which of the two characters to add in, a la Sephiroth VS Geno, and I'm seeing that DQ has been disqualified, leaving us with only two in the list.

If so, I will sign up to be a supporter on Geno. He seems more likely than Sephiroth.

Besides, we already have Cloud, no?

Last edited:

astralAenigma

Smash Rookie
Oh wow. https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...ings-Sora-to-Final-Fantasy-Brave-Exvius-14018
... Did it just happen ? It doesn't seem to be like his limited DLC in World of Final Fantasy... But as mentioned at the end of this article: "Sora's arrival in the Western version of this game has not yet been announced."
I know that Sora is pratically disqualified for Smash DLC at this point, but I still wanted to point this information out.

Also, congratulations everyone! In less than 5 pages, this thread will finally become bigger than during Brawl! I may have joined the community during Smash 4, but I wanted to thank you for everything. I think that you guys are all amazing. Reading each of your message everyday fills me with a lot of hope. I'm 99% sure that this is Geno's time to shine!

EDIT: Spelling mistake :p

Last edited:

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
Ufff ufff! *pant* *pant*...*gasp*
Goddamn people, you are so awesome!
I got so behind in pages, I could barely catch you! I even got a time when I finished reading one page, there were 2 more!! Aggggh X___x"
But I did it! It took me a weekend but I did it!
I felt like a chubby running a 15km marathon...wanting to reach to the finish ASAP but the finish goal being so far away...
Anyhow, my emotions got more revolted than an average stomach on a rollercoaster. Uff...way more drama than Clannad After Story, hahaha.

By the way, congrats for the 400th page! But at this time, I should congratulate instead for being close to beat previous SSB number of posts, lol.

So, I wanted to answer some posts and questions from before, but they are way buried in more than 30 pages, hahaha ^^U, so I'll answer it as briefly as I can:

- About our favourite pie:
+ Lemon Pie of course! Even better if it's from my mom's...seems that not many people likes lemon pie :'( anyways, kudos for blueberry pie and cheesecake too!

- About our chosen 5 music tracks for ssb:
+ Rose town
+ Factory
+ Sub boss
+ Marrymore
+ Battle
(sorry, I don't know the track names lol. Also double sorry because I have to be one of the few that haven't been impressed by Beware the Forest Mushrooms)

- About polarpanda and xeno:
+ Glad you made love not war

- About Isaac
+ Sad about this news. But it doesn't even surprise me. Awesome how Nintendo sometimes seems to be in touch with fans and then seems so disconnected...

- About profile pictures:
+ I surely don't have green hair. But I bet nobody here knows this character (unless you're so into doujin games) so I doubt I can be related to him, lol

- Favorite SMRPG character and game:
+ Character is Croco for sure. Love his antics and how he's like an archrival for Mallow, but being silly at the same time. I think his personlity fits the best with the mood of the game.
+ As for favourite game, Super Metroid hands down. I'm not even a fan of Metroid lore (nor Prime ones), but metroidvania games. Still, this game is the perfect blend for music, gameplay, atmosphere, level design, replay value and difficulty. It's like a sensorial orgasm, lol.

- What to do if Geno gets in:
+ I probably would celebrate with an expensive meal. Like $40 or something. Because big announcements deserve big celebrations

- About our ssb mains:
+ I pick mine according to....I don't know lol:
-- Ness, I carried him from ssb64. I liked him the most; and I tend to like strong and not-popular characters (say, in LOL I main Anivia)
-- In SSBB I mained Lucas, because Ness-alike and his up-B being of more utility than shoving into his ass to recover
-- In ssb4 I mained Metaknight because he has been the only character that I wished and got in, but in Brawl he was so broken that I prefered not to use him. Also mained Palutena because I find her sidewalk sexy (lol). And wing smash attack ftw!

- About the SMRPG comic
+ Thanks for sharing! I haven't had this heartwarming feeling since long :') Awesome indeed!

And last, I found this wall poster when I was passing by Takadanobaba station. We're near guys! Less than a week! Let's go!

ssb.png

I hope not to be that delayed again ._.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Unlock Pikachu And Eevee Spirits In Smash Bros. Ultimate With Your Pokémon: Let's Go Save Data
Yet another Melee parallel. I wonder if any of the incoming DLC will also be tied in to recent game releases in this way.

Edit: Oh, those two are already in game. Never mind.

Oh wow. https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...ings-Sora-to-Final-Fantasy-Brave-Exvius-14018
... Did it just happen ? It doesn't seem to be like his limited DLC in World of Final Fantasy... But as mentioned at the end of this article: "Sora's arrival in the Western version of this game has not yet been announced."
I know that Sora is pratically disqualified for Smash DLC at this point, but I still wanted to point this information out.

Also, congratulations everyone! In less than 5 pages, this thread will finally become bigger than during Brawl! I may have joined the community during Smash 4, but I wanted to thank you for everything. I think that you guys are all amazing. Reading each of your message everyday fills me with a lot of hope. I'm 99% sure that this is Geno's time to shine!

EDIT: Spelling mistake :p
>important backstory bits for KHIII are in the Union X mobile game, and probably won't be translated in time for the game's release
Oh for the love of Mike. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Ufff ufff! *pant* *pant*...*gasp*
Goddamn people, you are so awesome!
I got so behind in pages, I could barely catch you! I even got a time when I finished reading one page, there were 2 more!! Aggggh X___x"
But I did it! It took me a weekend but I did it!
I felt like a chubby running a 15km marathon...wanting to reach to the finish ASAP but the finish goal being so far away...
Anyhow, my emotions got more revolted than an average stomach on a rollercoaster. Uff...way more drama than Clannad After Story, hahaha.

By the way, congrats for the 400th page! But at this time, I should congratulate instead for being close to beat previous SSB number of posts, lol.

So, I wanted to answer some posts and questions from before, but they are way buried in more than 30 pages, hahaha ^^U, so I'll answer it as briefly as I can:

- About our favourite pie:
+ Lemon Pie of course! Even better if it's from my mom's...seems that not many people likes lemon pie :'( anyways, kudos for blueberry pie and cheesecake too!

- About our chosen 5 music tracks for ssb:
+ Rose town
+ Factory
+ Sub boss
+ Marrymore
+ Battle
(sorry, I don't know the track names lol. Also double sorry because I have to be one of the few that haven't been impressed by Beware the Forest Mushrooms)

- About polarpanda and xeno:
+ Glad you made love not war

- About Isaac
+ Sad about this news. But it doesn't even surprise me. Awesome how Nintendo sometimes seems to be in touch with fans and then seems so disconnected...

- About profile pictures:
+ I surely don't have green hair. But I bet nobody here knows this character (unless you're so into doujin games) so I doubt I can be related to him, lol

- Favorite SMRPG character and game:
+ Character is Croco for sure. Love his antics and how he's like an archrival for Mallow, but being silly at the same time. I think his personlity fits the best with the mood of the game.
+ As for favourite game, Super Metroid hands down. I'm not even a fan of Metroid lore (nor Prime ones), but metroidvania games. Still, this game is the perfect blend for music, gameplay, atmosphere, level design, replay value and difficulty. It's like a sensorial orgasm, lol.

- What to do if Geno gets in:
+ I probably would celebrate with an expensive meal. Like $40 or something. Because big announcements deserve big celebrations

- About our ssb mains:
+ I pick mine according to....I don't know lol:
-- Ness, I carried him from ssb64. I liked him the most; and I tend to like strong and not-popular characters (say, in LOL I main Anivia)
-- In SSBB I mained Lucas, because Ness-alike and his up-B being of more utility than shoving into his *** to recover
-- In ssb4 I mained Metaknight because he has been the only character that I wished and got in, but in Brawl he was so broken that I prefered not to use him. Also mained Palutena because I find her sidewalk sexy (lol). And wing smash attack ftw!

- About the SMRPG comic
+ Thanks for sharing! I haven't had this heartwarming feeling since long :') Awesome indeed!

And last, I found this wall poster when I was passing by Takadanobaba station. We're near guys! Less than a week! Let's go!

I hope not to be that delayed again ._.
That poster would not go down well over here.

TBone06

Smash Ace
If I couldn't have Geno, then I really wanted Chocobo as my next choice.

Which SE character would you all want second if you couldn't get Geno.
Even though I don't know if people would consider this character a SE character per se, but the game was published by Enix. When I was a kid I loved Illusion of Gaia. Oddly enough, I just beat it start to finish in less than a day on Thursday (I was sick as a dog and really did nothing else that day). I loved how the main character could transform from Will to Freedan to Shadow, and before I understood how ownership of games/characters worked, I thought it would be cool if one of them were represented in Smash. Anyways, I know it would never happen, but as a kid that was someone who I thought would be cool.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Wait, are you saying the rest of the SE characters would be a waste? Including Geno? If so why spend so much time on a ****ing Geno thread if that's your view?
No dude. I`m talking about DQ characters.. :glare:
No need to be oversensitive, omg. XD

You can't really say that you're arguments are true in any way, and I have proven that there are spirits with playable characters that aren't fighter spirits. Spirits don't deconfirm, but I have proved my argument many times, as well as many other people in this thread, but if you want to think they do, go ahead, I'm tired of trying to convince you. Btw, if you think you're talking to a wall, I have some news for you....
Uhh, you have proven that characters are normal spirits and that these spirits are labelled differently from fighter spirits. So..... what?
Fighter spirits have different labels and are completely different from normal spirits. They aren't equipable nor are ones you fight in Spirits mode.
You have used absolutely no logical argument and has insisted on the same falacy like a broken record.
Let's just wait and see.
And I suggest you calm down. You seem to be taking this way too seriously.

“Hey I know you guys really want this one character for like 10 years and that’s why you’re here, but you guys should appreciate a character you never asked for instead”

I think it’s kind of strange to ask us not to dethrone DQ, even though none of us want that lol I think DQ would only be a good pick historically, but for no real reason other than that tbh

Lmao @ Space invaders tho haha
Nobody said you shouldn't be pushing for your character. All I'm saying is that the choice would be made, whether you like it or not, whether it's Geno or not. And what I was trying to convey is that basically any character in that list would be acceptable except DQ bc the people here never played any of the main games in that series, this being a bit unfair given that it would be a series most would enjoy if given the chance. It's a matter of treating every character other than Geno there equally.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Black Mage, Cactuar, Moogle, or Chocobo. :grin: Though Sephiroth would be really hype, if Square wouldn’t be stingy with the music tracks and have “One Winged Angel” with his appearance.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
One last statement on this: if you're a Zoomer, you probably won't care or even know what it is. I can see a lot of Zoomers whining about it, unfortunately.
I keep re-reading the word "Zoomer" and I keep thinking of Stranger Things, mainly Mad Max (cause she called herself that). And her game of choice in that arcade was Dig Dug. Stretch, sure, but until I read that a Zoomer is Gen Z, I had no idea what that was haha.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

I would go with Sephiroth, Tifa, Aerith, Erdrick, Sora, Terra or Kefka

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

Kain Highwind

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, while it is possible that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was talking about a past mode returning, I don't think that would quite be enough of a crowdmover to encourage older fans to come back. It has to be something or somebody that really means a lot, an old dream that was thought to have ended, a long, long time ago.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

I never did answer this...for me, it's pretty straightforward, as I don't play really any Square games. Only two, actually: SMRPG and Chrono Trigger. So of course, my second choice is...

...Robo.:p Closest thing to a Geno style moveset I could get. And I just love his character.

Edit:
You know, while it is possible that Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was talking about a past mode returning, I don't think that would quite be enough of a crowdmover to encourage older fans to come back. It has to be something or somebody that really means a lot, an old dream that was thought to have ended, a long, long time ago.
Hey, here's an idea that might help narrow it down: Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , would you be able to tell us if one of the guesses you've heard so far from us was right, or at least close? Or would that be giving too much away? There were a ton of guesses, lol.

Last edited:

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
For me, as some has said before, the only thing that makes sense to me is the personalized bonus mode returning. It was a big down in Brawl.
But if so, I don't think they're coming back. Just think about 74 break the targets and board the platforms! Sakurai would retire when he is 120 at this rate, lol.
The other thing that I can think of is a single player mode à la Subpace Emissary, but we have WoL so no.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For me, as some has said before, the only thing that makes sense to me is the personalized bonus mode returning. It was a big down in Brawl.
But if so, I don't think they're coming back. Just think about 74 break the targets and board the platforms! Sakurai would retire when he is 120 at this rate, lol.
The other thing that I can think of is a single player mode à la Subpace Emissary, but we have WoL so no.
So, it can only be a character that people stopped bringing up. I hope he can get to clarify things a bit soon enough. Things have been getting interesting, as we're 4 days away from the VGAs.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Hello,

I'm seeing Geno DLC speculation. The rumors I am seeing, is that Geno could be a likely DLC, but a new rumor has surfaced, and it has to do with the character choice as I've saw on Gamefaqs: SE choosing which of the two characters to add in, a la Sephiroth VS Geno, and I'm seeing that DQ has been disqualified, leaving us with only two in the list.

If so, I will sign up to be a supporter on Geno. He seems more likely than Sephiroth.

Besides, we already have Cloud, no?
I would, unfortunately, say that it's most likely Sephiroth (but I hope I'm wrong)
First and foremost, Geno is a spirit, and a high tier one at that. I know what people have said, "they aren't disconfirming".. but with him being such a high tier one and is in the base game... it makes me question it. More on the high tier part later.

Second of all, Square is set to have to be the one that was complicated to work with. And I don't see Square allowing Sakurai to use Geno would be the one thing that would cause such an issue. The opposite on the other hand. What I mean by that is this. Let's examine the two characters.

One the one hand, we have one of the most iconic villains in video game history. If he joined Smash, the idea of you could have matches like Link vs Sephiroth would sell itself. Then we have on another hand, is Geno. A character from an obscure JRPG that was never released in Europe until the VC release. Yes, Geno has a large fanbase in the Smash community. But when push comes to show, Sephiroth is to Geno what Steve is to Banjo.

What I mean is this. Square is known for wanting characters they own as DLC, Sakurai was desperate to get back everyone for this game. Square Enix had the upper hand in this. Knowing that the scenario of Square demanding to have Sephiroth as a DLC if they wanted Cloud back. Sakurai tried to get Geno instead, but Square refused to back down. This is where the spirit comes in. Geno could easily be something that they throw in to meet in the middle. It makes extra sense considering how high tier of a spirit Geno apparently is.

Then we have Tetsuya Nomura tweeting this a week before VGA and not a week before Smash.
https://twitter.com/FFVIIR_CLOUD/status/1068449819008483328

His tweet is pretty much "Longest week in my entire life, much work to do".

Sephiroth is something that I could see Nintendo find VGA worthy

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I would, unfortunately, say that it's most likely Sephiroth (but I hope I'm wrong)
First and foremost, Geno is a spirit, and a high tier one at that. I know what people have said, "they aren't disconfirming".. but with him being such a high tier one and is in the base game... it makes me question it. More on the high tier part later.

Second of all, Square is set to have to be the one that was complicated to work with. And I don't see Square allowing Sakurai to use Geno would be the one thing that would cause such an issue. The opposite on the other hand. What I mean by that is this. Let's examine the two characters.

One the one hand, we have one of the most iconic villains in video game history. If he joined Smash, the idea of you could have matches like Link vs Sephiroth would sell itself. Then we have on another hand, is Geno. A character from an obscure JRPG that was never released in Europe until the VC release. Yes, Geno has a large fanbase in the Smash community. But when push comes to show, Sephiroth is to Geno what Steve is to Banjo.

What I mean is this. Square is known for wanting characters they own as DLC, Sakurai was desperate to get back everyone for this game. Square Enix had the upper hand in this. Knowing that the scenario of Square demanding to have Sephiroth as a DLC if they wanted Cloud back. Sakurai tried to get Geno instead, but Square refused to back down. This is where the spirit comes in. Geno could easily be something that they throw in to meet in the middle. It makes extra sense considering how high tier of a spirit Geno apparently is.

Then we have Tetsuya Nomura tweeting this a week before VGA and not a week before Smash.

Hey, just read your post and I want to let you know that this is actually the Geno thread! Looks like you'd be a little more at home over at the 2-page Sephiroth thread just a little bit further down the list! I know it can be a little confusing sometimes, but this thread is usually where we discuss Geno, and we generally try not to write essay format posts on why we think another character is going to get in instead!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hey, just read your post and I want to let you know that this is actually the Geno thread! Looks like you'd be a little more at home over at the 2-page Sephiroth thread just a little bit further down the list! I know it can be a little confusing sometimes, but this thread is usually where we discuss Geno, and we generally try not to write essay format posts on why we think another character is going to get in instead!
Mr Mimikyu, he was actually replying to me about why he disagrees about Geno being a DLC.

Yes, I know here is for Geno and not Sephiroth, but he was expressing his opinion on why he disagrees with my opinion.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Sorry. after the discussion of who it could be, I wrote it down as a reflex. Not gonna happen again

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Uhh, you have proven that characters are normal spirits and that these spirits are labelled differently from fighter spirits. So..... what?
Fighter spirits have different labels and are completely different from normal spirits. They aren't equipable nor are ones you fight in Spirits mode.
You have used absolutely no logical argument and has insisted on the same falacy like a broken record.
Let's just wait and see.
And I suggest you calm down. You seem to be taking this way too seriously.
Too be fair, you're taking the lore of a fanfiction too seriously. Fighter spirits cannot be equipped correct? Just add new Fighter spirits for the newcomers. They've proven they can add new ones forever and don't care about inconsistencies or duplicates.

Friendly reminder that Smash is more than it's single player mode.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Man I was so busy with uni stuff I was mostly lurking here. But damn do we really have a lot of news in our pockets. Plus some pies. Whoever mentioned lemon pies is my friend.

Anyway, this tweet now makes me feel restless. I can't think of anyone but a particular wooden doll. Or maybe Banjo idk, I'd like to get both.
https://twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1069239953899573248

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Man I was so busy with uni stuff I was mostly lurking here. But damn do we really have a lot of news in our pockets. Plus some pies. Whoever mentioned lemon pies is my friend.

Anyway, this tweet now makes me feel restless. I can't think of anyone but a particular wooden doll. Or maybe Banjo idk, I'd like to get both.
Tbh he says that Piranha Plant is both a surprise and a Must-have for fans so- y'know- each their own interpretation. :yeahboi:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

>all these people expecting random Mario enemies
05196327aecf30777712b61a4bc8419671344b-wm.jpg

This is meant to be plural, but you get the picture.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Geno, Ninten, BWD, Rayman, and Banjo? Mostly the first two plz. Though maybe we'll get someone like Louie for Pikmin?

Last edited:

Robertroid

Smash Apprentice
I'll leave this here, just for relax, and then go to sleep:

7_star_5.jpg

Let's go, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Slime, Lakitu and Shy Guy!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It mentions that if you link your Let's Go save file to your switch (which is automatic), you get the spirit automatically starting on dec 14th. Not sure if it shows up on spirit board otherwise, but probably.
Whoops, didn't saw that quote for me but yes.
In other Nintendo language tweet, for exemple French (like I'am) they mention that it's either Let's Go save files or "Challenge" which is probably Spirit Board or actual Challenge- so they're not locked to the save files

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Maybe it

We better get Fatmanonice to see this. I could accept Sephiroth given how iconic he is, but I just don’t know how they will balance him or get more of the rights for more music tracks or stages when square was stingy with cloud before. Could we at least get the geno Mii Costume back? I just want geno playable because he would be one of the most unique fighters and his history with Mario.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
>all these people expecting random Mario enemies
View attachment 181053

This is meant to be plural, but you get the picture.
If they're picks that players "must have" as it puts it, I'd expect those to be the last we'd ever get. in fact, I think that statement bodes well for Geno and any other fan favorite/fan demand character.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If they're picks that players "must have" as it puts it, I'd expect those to be the last we'd ever get. in fact, I think that statement bodes well for Geno and any other fan favorite/fan demand character.
Honestly, If I get Geno and Ninten I don't need anyone else. Yeah Masked Man or Banjo or Klonoa would be great, but those two are literally all I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom