• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
He might be important but he hasn't really been that important up to this point
In both of the latest MP entries it ended with Sylux. He may not have been central to the plot, but has been creating a buildup like the Marvel post-credits scenes. Everyone knows he will show up big in MP4

Also, did we hit the Brawl number right now?

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm taking about Marshal/Tibby. An the other hunters are in from what I know, plus it's obvious how important he's going to be in the next game. With the Porky thing, the icon I agree with, but we also have to remember that both K. Rool and Pirate K. Rool are icons as well. There isn't going to be a definitive answer until we see who's in, you know?
Marshal and Tibby are about as important as Skull Kid or one-off characters from other games... because they're only in one game. Except, the difference between Marshal/Tibby and Skull Kid or someone else like him, is that RH is a much smaller franchise. Not to mention, you barely see them even in that one game they're in. Marshal is pretty much just in the beginning and the end. Tibby is only in story segments, and then once you beat the main story you never see him again. Also, RH doesn't have a fighter, so lacking spirits isn't that unreasonable.

LOL
Sylux IS important. He will be possibly the main antagonist of Metroid Prime 4. Have you not been keeping up with Metroid lore?
He wasn't in Smash 4, but neither were other hunters. Now we have them but Sylux.
Poochy is also missing, and he is appearing way too often in Yoshi games. See my point? We can use common sense to differ between an absent spirit of an important character and a random minor one.
Poochy isn't missing. Check again.

Also, while I haven't played any of the prime games, important to a series =/= important to nintendo. Not ALL of the hunters are in, either. Just two of them If I'm counting right. I'm not saying Sylux has no chance of ever being in Smash, but I do think it's more likely we'll just get a Sylux spirit later when Prime 4 comes out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In both of the latest MP entries it ended with Sylux. He may not have been central to the plot, but has been creating a buildup like the Marvel post-credits scenes. Everyone knows he will show up big in MP4

Also, did we hit the Brawl number right now?
Why do you post in this thread?

You seem like your a troll

---

Why are people replying to this person?

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Wait, did we really just hit the Brawl number, or is that next page?

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Marshal and Tibby are about as important as Skull Kid or one-off characters from other games... because they're only in one game. Except, the difference between Marshal/Tibby and Skull Kid or someone else like him, is that RH is a much smaller franchise. Not to mention, you barely see them even in that one game they're in. Marshal is pretty much just in the beginning and the end. Tibby is only in story segments, and then once you beat the main story you never see him again. Also, RH doesn't have a fighter, so lacking spirits isn't that unreasonable.

Also, while I haven't played any of the prime games, important to a series =/= important to nintendo. Not ALL of the hunters are in, either. Just two of them If I'm counting right. I'm not saying Sylux has no chance of ever being in Smash, but I do think it's more likely we'll just get a Sylux spirit later when Prime 4 comes out.
Doesn't change the fact that MegaMix just came out when this game was being developed, so Tibby is strange to be gone. And that Marshal had trophies in Wii U, so why not this game

Edit: also Skull Kid is a big difference from Anju/Kafei or the others you mentioned lol

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
To beat the Brawl number we need 2 more pages
Got it.

To actually contribute to this thread, though, I’d absolutely hate if those recent “The DLC is amazing and a must-have for fans” comments result in another goddamn anime swordfighter, especially if it’s a DQ protagonist or Chrono. I’d honestly take Slime over either just to have something different, but obviously Geno/Mallow would be top tier.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Doesn't change the fact that MegaMix just came out when this game was being developed, so Tibby is strange to be gone. And that Marshal had trophies in Wii U, so why not this game
So we're gonna get Marshal AND Tibby as playable characters? That's a little excessive. I love Rhythm Heaven and I don't want either of those two to be the playable character we get, for the record. I'm sure plenty would agree with me. Most of us want a character that's been in all of the RH games, or at least most of them. Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe, a monkey, etc. Hell even the Barista is more important that Marshal and Tibby combined. Honestly the Barista is quite literally the most important character in the entirety of Rhythm Heaven. Does the lack of a Barista spirit mean they're going to be playable? No. The Barista is a dog with headphones that serves coffee and encourages you.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Yarn Poochy is there, not Poochy. There's a big difference here.
But yeah, Sylux could come as a free spirit later.
Why do you post in this thread?

You seem like your a troll

---

Why are people replying to this person?
Why am I being a troll? I'm engaging in the conversation at hand. I'm not making fun of anyone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Why am I being a troll? I'm engaging in the conversation at hand. I'm not making fun of anyone.
The word trolling doesn't mean "Making fun of someone", you are actively detracting from the subject of the thread

MattX20

Smash Hero
Got it.

To actually contribute to this thread, though, I’d absolutely hate if those recent “The DLC is amazing and a must-have for fans” comments result in another goddamn anime swordfighter, especially if it’s a DQ protagonist or Chrono. I’d honestly take Slime over either just to have something different, but obviously Geno/Mallow would be top tier.
I don't think they will honestly. If Sephiroth or Chrono were more prominent in the Smash ballot, I would be a bit more hesitant on optimisim for Geno. But, we've had numerous aspects pointing in his direction. The NOA tweet regarding the 22nd anniversary of Super Mario RPG, the spirits being the only SE content apart from Cloud, the fact that people like Jon from Gamexplain who has a ridiculously strong track record on predicting games/content on the way is optimistic about Geno's chances etc. gives me more hope that Geno is on the way, though there is a little lingering doubt left.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
The word trolling doesn't mean "Making fun of someone", you are actively detracting from the subject of the thread
I'm sorry. Got carried away along the spirits discussion. Because in the end, this pertains to Geno indirectly. But I understand your point.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
It's pretty clear from the posts you make in this thread that you're really not invested in Geno being in the game. You go out of your way to try and tell us reasons why you think he won't, why you think spirits deconfirm characters, and so on. You're also probably the most active poster in the Sephiroth thread and you've mentioned Sephiroth multiple times in this thread as someone you think is more likely than Geno.

So I'll reiterate what Psycho said: Why are you even posting here?

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
So we're gonna get Marshal AND Tibby as playable characters? That's a little excessive. I love Rhythm Heaven and I don't want either of those two to be the playable character we get, for the record. I'm sure plenty would agree with me. Most of us want a character that's been in all of the RH games, or at least most of them. Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe, a monkey, etc. Hell even the Barista is more important that Marshal and Tibby combined. Honestly the Barista is quite literally the most important character in the entirety of Rhythm Heaven. Does the lack of a Barista spirit mean they're going to be playable? No. The Barista is a dog with headphones that serves coffee and encourages you.
No I know I'm a fan of Rhythm Heaven too. I was just saying it's weird. (Also he could just pick one or the other, wasn't the point that characters were left out because he was considering them?) Also food for thought, but this is Sakurai. You really think it's far fetched he'd pick one of them to represent every mini game from Rhythm Heaven, like how Duck Hunt represents the NES zapper? I mean I don't know. Either way, here's hoping Geno is in

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That's kinda nitpicky. It's the same character, just a specific art of them. Poochy isn't exactly a triple A character, either. Sure, he's been in every Yoshi game (as far as I know, he might not have been in one or two of them) but he wasn't an antagonist, a playable character, a major supporting role, or anything. He's just a dude that shows up sometimes and helps you.

Calm down yo, we're having a civil discussion about spirits, it's all chill.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's kinda nitpicky. It's the same character, just a specific art of them. Poochy isn't exactly a triple A character, either. Sure, he's been in every Yoshi game (as far as I know, he might not have been in one or two of them) but he wasn't an antagonist, a playable character, a major supporting role, or anything. He's just a dude that shows up sometimes and helps you.

Calm down yo, we're having a civil discussion about spirits, it's all chill.
This, however, is not the general spirit discussion thread

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
No I know I'm a fan of Rhythm Heaven too. I was just saying it's weird. (Also he could just pick one or the other, wasn't the point that characters were left out because he was considering them?) Also food for thought, but this is Sakurai. You really think it's far fetched he'd pick one of them to represent every mini game from Rhythm Heaven, like how Duck Hunt represent the NES zapper? I mean I don't know. Either way, here's hoping Geno is in
Sakurai isn't choosing the DLC fighters though. That is mostly how I imagine a RH character, yeah. One character (like Karate Joe or Rhythm Girl) making references to a ton of different RH games w/ their moveset. I posted a moveset in the RH general character thread you should check that out.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
It's pretty clear from the posts you make in this thread that you're really not invested in Geno being in the game. You go out of your way to try and tell us reasons why you think he won't, why you think spirits deconfirm characters, and so on. You're also probably the most active poster in the Sephiroth thread and you've mentioned Sephiroth multiple times in this thread as someone you think is more likely than Geno.

So I'll reiterate what Psycho said: Why are you even posting here?
I post here because, even though through logic I reach the idea of the spirit theory being a thing, I still push for him.
And I'm playing devil's advocate here. I really want to be proven wrong. And honestly, some people here have made fairly good points. So no, this isn't trolling. This is me trying to find the truth, hoping Geno gets in.
Yes, Sephiroth is my most wanted character, but that doesn't mean I will stop supporting other characters. Don't be so close-minded.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I post here because, even though through logic I reach the idea of the spirit theory being a thing, I still push for him.
And I'm playing devil's advocate here. I really want to be proven wrong. And honestly, some people here have made fairly good points. So no, this isn't trolling. This is me trying to find the truth, hoping Geno gets in.
Yes, Sephiroth is my most wanted character, but that doesn't mean I will stop supporting other characters. Don't be so close-minded.
At the same time I feel like your getting dangerously close to "concern trolling" which is a passive aggressive attack

beans

Smash Lord
Sakurai isn't choosing the DLC fighters though. That is mostly how I imagine a RH character, yeah. One character (like Karate Joe or Rhythm Girl) making references to a ton of different RH games w/ their moveset. I posted a moveset in the RH general character thread you should check that out.
objection
Im pretty sure there is a degree of Sakurai agency in the DLC.
As in Nintendo put some restrictions on who he can use and leaved it at that.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
At the same time I feel like your getting dangerously close to "concern trolling" which is a passive aggressive attack
I can't do anything if you're this oversensitive. I told you my intentions.
I'm here to chill and discuss. Just because something might threaten something you believe doesn't mean it's bad or ill-intended. We're on the same boat here.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
What SMRPG stages, if any would you like to see make an appearance, barring the obvious forest maze and bowser's castle?
What hazards would it have?

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
objection
Im pretty sure there is a degree of Sakurai agency in the DLC.
As in Nintendo put some restrictions on who he can use and leaved it at that.
Exactly. They gave him a list, and he was able to choose from that. He still had the power to veto and choose whatever characters they gave him

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't do anything if you're this oversensitive. I told you my intentions.
I'm here to chill and discuss. Just because something might threaten something you believe doesn't mean it's bad or ill-intended. We're on the same boat here.
Now you are absolutely being passive aggressive

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
And I'm playing devil's advocate here. I really want to be proven wrong.
We've had over 10 years of people playing devil's advocate and you're certainly not doing it in any other thread

There's one Square Enix character. If you want one more than the other it means you will be actively trying to convince people the one you like most is in. You don't see any of us going to any other thread and saying "yeah the Dixie mii costume doesn't bode to well, I think Funky Kong is more realistic" or anything of the sort. We really don't need anyone to stay our expectations

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
What SMRPG stages, if any would you like to see make an appearance, barring the obvious forest maze and bowser's castle?
Star Hill is the big one for me. It's so unique and perfect for Geno, I hope it's the stage we get.

Aside from that... The cloud city I forgot the name of would be awesome, a barrel volcano stage, smithy's factory, maybe a stage on top of the axem ranger's ship? Booster Tower would also be awesome.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Why would you want to be proven wrong; If Sephiroth is your most wanted? Doesn't seem to add up

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
We've had over 10 years of people playing devil's advocate and you're certainly not doing it in any other thread

There's one Square Enix character. If you want one more than the other it means you will be actively trying to convince people the one you like most is in. You don't see any of us going to any other thread and saying "yeah the Dixie mii costume doesn't bode to well, I think Funky Kong is more realistic" or anything of the sort. We really don't need anyone to stay our expectations
I'm not because I don't care as much for other characters like I do for Geno.
And who said there will only be one S-E character? I certainly don't think so, specially considering we will likely get more than one season pass.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm not because I don't care as much for other characters like I do for Geno.
And who said there will only be one S-E character? I certainly don't think so, specially considering we will likely get more than one season pass.
If there's one thing we know about Square for certain; is that they are stingy. If we barely got Cloud; we're not getting THREE reps anytime soon.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
If there's one thing we know about Square for certain; is that they are stingy. If we barely got Cloud; we're not getting THREE reps anytime soon.
I think the reason they were stingy is because they'd prefer to be DLC, not because they hate people using their characters. If we didn't get 3 SE reps, it'd be because of Nintendo, not Square.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Like I've stated previously, S-E does work through DLC. Nobody has proof that it was that hard to get Cloud. In fact, this is the first time in history a non-SE game gets S-E content in the base game. I think this says a thousand things. Nintendo and S-E are getting along way too well, and I think it isn't far fetched to assume they might have more than one character on the horizon. We didn't receive more content from Cloud because they want to put it in the game through DLC, whatever the S-E character may be. That's how they usually roll.
I have faith we have more to look forward to in the future.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think the reason they were stingy is because they'd prefer to be DLC, not because they hate people using their characters. If we didn't get 3 SE reps, it'd be because of Nintendo, not Square.
Nah; if they didn't even add more than 4 spirits, somthing that is a LITERAL png; they aren't just saving things for DLC. A PNG would cost no money out of their pockets AND promote interest in their characters.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let's not forget we just got a lot of FF games ported to the switch for 2019… The "working with SE is a pain in the ass" is surely made up to be seen more harsh than it really is. They are starting to connect with Nintendo more, CLEARLY. FFVII on a nintendo console after Cloud in Smash?… yeah… I understand 100% it's super eeeeeasy to take the stance of "Cloud was hard to get, forget getting anything else" but that is still a dumb thing to believe at this point considering the relationship between both companies getting better lately. I agree getting 3 freaking characters is a lot, I seriously doubt that, but getting at least one in wave 1 is definitely NOT out of question imo. Hopefully we get confirmation on the SE character really soon lol, as much as I would like Banjo or some of my other DLC supported characters to be confirmed already, the SE situation is probably the most pain in the ass now because of multiple names going around. Just praying it is the first DLC character they reveal so we can get over this, and I do hope it's Geno because like I said, it would be the biggest kick in the balls to not only get rid of the mii costume but also leave him downgraded like this…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom