• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Too be fair, you're taking the lore of a fanfiction too seriously. Fighter spirits cannot be equipped correct? Just add new Fighter spirits for the newcomers. They've proven they can add new ones forever and don't care about inconsistencies or duplicates.

Friendly reminder that Smash is more than it's single player mode.
"Don't care about inconsistencies"
When was that the case though?
And sure, they can add spirits, I said this before. What I'm reffering to is adding a fighter spirit that doesn't have the original label on them, like every single fighter does. Then again, only when the DLC launches will we get an idea if this will be the case or not, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, the same could be said for a puppet from an old game :p but we dont need to get into that
Geno, may be old, but i ask you this: what character do you know can transform into a cannon? I thought so. (Jk, jk)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Better come with a Ninten or Claus echo if that's the case. But I really don't think Porky is gonna happen. He's too clunky in mu opinion.
He was a boss in Subspace Emissary and every boss from SSE except him are spirits in Ultimate. He is no where to be found, so he could very likely be one of the 5 DLC characters.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
He was a boss in Subspace Emissary and every boss from SSE except him are spirits in Ultimate. He is no where to be found, so he could very likely be one of the 5 DLC characters.
Incorrect. Rayquaza was also a boss and didn't return as well.

All Mother content must be approved by Itoi, so the fact that the ASC is there and not "Porky" is a deliberate choice. It's not that he's going to be made for DLC. It's a joke.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

All Mother content must be approved by Itoi, so the fact that the ASC is there and not "Porky" is a deliberate choice. It's not that he's going to be made for DLC. It's a joke.
How do you know it wasn't deliberate because they plan to include Porky?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The ASC spirit would have had Porky's name listed on it if that was the case but it didn't. And why would they go out of there way to make that joke if he was a boss in SSE and a trophy in Smash 4? He would appear in his physical form if he was deconfirmed as a spirit.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
We're only one page away from the brawl thread, wow.

The ASC spirit would have had Porky's name listed on it if that was the case but it didn't. And why would they go out of there way to make that joke if he was a boss in SSE and a trophy in Smash 4? He would appear in his physical form if he was deconfirmed as a spirit.
Porky CAN'T be a spirit, because he's inside the absolutely safe capsule, which is absolutely safe. All of the spirits were attacked by the light beams, and Porky couldn't be attacked by a light beam, because he's absolutely safe.

How do you know it wasn't deliberate because they plan to include Porky?
Obviously we can't know this for certain, but I think Occam's Razor says it's just a joke/reference.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The reason for that is because it would spoil Porky's existence in Mother 3. It's a reference to him without spoiling his existence. Brawl was a different time period 10 years ago. Just because Itoi didn't care back then doesn't mean that he's careless now. Claus and Masked Man are separate spirits, he could have had them evolve into each other but they don't to avoid spoilers. Remember these were chosen ON PURPOSE. Just because ya'll think it's weird doesn't mean it's a hint. Also the ASC is a player icon, and the icon is zoomed in on the window. It's Porky. It's all a giant joke.

Ness's Dad is referenced by a phone and Buzz Buzz is a literal Pixel. The humor the Mother series is known for is right there in the spirits.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The reason for that is because it would spoil Porky's existence in Mother 3. It's a reference to him without spoiling his existence. Brawl was a different time period 10 years ago. Just because Itoi didn't care back then doesn't mean that he's careless now. Claus and Masked Man are separate spirits, he could have had them evolve into each other but they don't to avoid spoilers. Remember these were chosen ON PURPOSE. Just because ya'll think it's weird doesn't mean it's a hint. Also the ASC is a player icon, and the icon is zoomed in on the window. It's Porky. It's all a giant joke.

Ness's Dad is referenced by a phone and Buzz Buzz is a literal Pixel. The humor the Mother series is known for is right there in the spirits.
I feel like this takes too many assumptions to put much stock in. Believing Porky was left out due to future plans for him is a lot less logical leapy

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

Ness's Dad spirit is just a phone? lmao that's awesome

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Besides, we're under the idea that spirits don't deconfirm. So, as such, the lack of a spirit is also not a confirmation.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Porky as a boss in SSE and a trophy in Smash 4 spoiled his existence in Mother 3.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

But why would he be in the game in his Mother 3 incarnation?
He could very well be in his Earthbound incarnation like in the final boss battle

Besides, we're under the idea that spirits don't deconfirm. So, as such, the lack of a spirit is also not a confirmation.
Not everyone believes this to be the case, but I understand your point.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I feel like this takes too many assumptions to put much stock in. Believing Porky was left out due to future plans for him is a lot less logical leapy
By that logic we're gonna get Rope Snake too... Honestly if we're getting a Mother rep, it's gonna be Ninten whether people want him or not....

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I would argue the exact opposite. The lack of a spirit specifically called "Porky" when we already have a spirit meant to be Porky, just inside of the ASC, is not a "hint" or intentional "leaving out Porky," it's just Porky being represented a different way. According to this logic, literally every single Nintendo character that isn't a spirit is going to be DLC. I can't wait for Adeleine and the Packing Pests guy and Anju/Kafei tag team character.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Well there he is. Duon and Tabuu are there too going by datamines. Even the damn Master Core phases. He wasn't wrong, Porky is the only pre-existing boss not present in any way.
Rayquaza1.png

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I would argue the exact opposite. The lack of a spirit specifically called "Porky" when we already have a spirit meant to be Porky, just inside of the ASC, is not a "hint" or intentional "leaving out Porky," it's just Porky being represented a different way. According to this logic, literally every single Nintendo character that isn't a spirit is going to be DLC. I can't wait for Adeleine and the Packing Pests guy and Anju/Kafei tag team character.
Panther Caroso when?

Well there he is. Duon and Tabuu are there too going by datamines. Even the damn Master Core phases. He wasn't wrong, Porky is the only pre-existing boss not present in any way.
View attachment 181060
I meant he didn't return as a boss...

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
This was before Itoi was aware of how large the Mother fanbase was. Ask him not me.
I really did try to research what you're saying and didn't found any statement like this. Care to share your own sources?
But he IS present. He is inside the ASC. Not to mention he's literally got an entire stage named after him...
It might be a variation of his own spirit. Him coming as DLC would have Porky's own fighter spirit, labelled as simply "Porky"

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I really did try to research what you're saying and didn't found any statement like this. Care to share your own sources?
I can't remember the link but I do remember reading back in like 2014 that the Miiverse exposed him to how large the fanbase was and it took him by complete surprise.

Honestly I'm sick of arguing. No one's going to budge on their positions regardless.

That isn't biased at all. :)

Dude, you just double posted which is not cool.

Sorry for the double post...

I knew I was gonna get called biased. Always happens.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I can't remember the link but I do remember reading back in like 2014 that the Miiverse exposed him to how large the fanbase was and it took him by complete surprise.

Honestly I'm sick of arguing. No one's going to budge on their positions regardless.
But by that post he never said anything about spoilers and whatnot. That is your own assumption.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Man, I’m away for a bit and the pages increase so much!

I watched the video hint about the character from our Popeye man ;)

My initial thoughts are:

Happy time for us and Geno? Or, Geno is a spirit star warrior that controls the Geno puppet, like the musician does?

Or it is one guy controller multiple instruments, so it also makes me think DQ with the hero of each game taking a costume spot like Bowser Jr.

Apparently the song is titled moldy bread.... don’t know if that points to anything.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
But he IS present. He is inside the ASC. Not to mention he's literally got an entire stage named after him...
Yes but that doesn't explain why who is arguably the central antagonist of the Mother series doesn't have even a Spirit. The ASC is still not the Brawl boss regardless. I do not think Porky is in the game but it is hard to ignore these things.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
But by that post he never said anything about spoilers and whatnot. That is your own assumption.
This entire thread is based on assumptions... I didn't want to argue here...

Yes but that doesn't explain why who is arguably the central antagonist of the Mother series doesn't have even a Spirit. The ASC is still not the Brawl boss regardless. I do not think Porky is in the game but it is hard to ignore these things.
I'd say Giygas is more of a central antagonist since he was the big bad in two of three games.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Based on mostly nothing, I currently believe that all the first party DLC fighters we get are either:
A) From a game not released yet
B) An Ace/Legend spirit already in the game

Bandana Dee is an Ace, Geno is a Legend, Ninten we don't know but I'd assume Ace.

He DOES have a spirit, it's the ASC. The reason Porky, on his own, is not a spirit, is because he's inside the ASC and couldn't have been hit by the light beam. It is absolutely safe, after all.

beans

Smash Lord
Man, I’m away for a bit and the pages increase so much!

I watched the video hint about the character from our Popeye man ;)

My initial thoughts are:

Happy time for us and Geno? Or, Geno is a spirit star warrior that controls the Geno puppet, like the musician does?

Or it is one guy controller multiple instruments, so it also makes me think DQ with the hero of each game taking a costume spot like Bowser Jr.

Apparently the song is titled moldy bread.... don’t know if that points to anything.
Probs its just a joke.
But if it was real I'd believe Slime.
One man band is term for an indivual who fills many necessary roles in a party by itself.
Slime enemies come in various species, filling different spots in the party composition of enemies.
One new Slime, an universal one, that can make use of every other slime specie abilities at will could be the DLC fighter.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
I wanted to add this again, as I've seen it thrown around. Adeleine is probably not in because of Sakurai bias. Other characters are less relevant. Anju/Kafei is a side character from Majora's Mask. Same with others mentioned. That doesn't equal one of the main and most iconic characters from Mother who's been in Smash, two main characters from Rhythm Heaven, and Sylux when all other hunters are in. That's like saying it wouldn't be strange if Ridley, Bowser or Ganondorf didn't get a Spirit (if they weren't in), because a Bokoblin didn't get one either. It doesn't compare

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Hmm. Anything Microsoft whatsoever? Maybe Banjo or Master Chief himself, or someone else even?
Nope. Anything he knows, I'll say here. He only gets info as it comes, he doesn't have a strong foresight. His information comes directly from NoA.

While I said before that I'll likely hear no VGA news from him as that's often not something employees are prepped about as opposed to a direct, he did tell me he'd try hard to figure out what he could. Although, if he does find anything, it'll be a day before the VGAs.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I wanted to add this again, as I've seen it thrown around. Adeleine is probably not in because of Sakurai bias. Other characters are less relevant. Anju/Kafei is a side character from Majora's Mask. Same with others mentioned. That doesn't equal one of the main and most iconic characters from Mother who's been in Smash, two main characters from Rhythm Heaven, and Sylux when all other hunters are in. That's like saying it's not strange if Ridley, Bowser or Ganondorf didn't get a Spirit, because a Bokoblin didn't get one either. It doesn't compare
Sylux wasn't a trophy in Smash 4 either, and all the other hunters AREN'T in I'm pretty sure. "Main characters" in rhythm heaven is pretty subjective. Rhythm Girl is kind of a fan-chosen MC more than anything. Packing Pests guy is just as important as the Chorus Kids, he was featured prominently in the final remix of RHF. Adeleine isn't in because she's not important enough. Sylux isn't in because he's not important enough. Porky IS in. I really don't get why people keep ignoring the fact that the ASC is literally just a Porky spirit not called Porky. There's a reason the ASC is a player icon. The capsule itself obviously isn't important enough to be a player icon, right? So then the only explanation is that it's Porky.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But why would he be in the game in his Mother 3 incarnation?
He could very well be in his Earthbound incarnation like in the final boss battle

Not everyone believes this to be the case, but I understand your point.
If it wasn't the case, there would be no reason to support Geno as DLC

You see why we're forced into that

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Nope. Anything he knows, I'll say here. He only gets info as it comes, he doesn't have a strong foresight. His information comes directly from NoA.

While I said before that I'll likely hear no VGA news from him as that's often not something employees are prepped about as opposed to a direct, he did tell me he'd try hard to figure out what he could. Although, if he does find anything, it'll be a day before the VGAs.
Going out of my way to divert from the topic to say: absolutely wonderful taste for anime and character there, my friend.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Sylux wasn't a trophy in Smash 4 either, and all the other hunters AREN'T in I'm pretty sure. "Main characters" in rhythm heaven is pretty subjective. Rhythm Girl is kind of a fan-chosen MC more than anything. Packing Pests guy is just as important as the Chorus Kids, he was featured prominently in the final remix of RHF. Adeleine isn't in because she's not important enough. Sylux isn't in because he's not important enough. Porky IS in. I really don't get why people keep ignoring the fact that the ASC is literally just a Porky spirit not called Porky. There's a reason the ASC is a player icon. The capsule itself obviously isn't important enough to be a player icon, right? So then the only explanation is that it's Porky.
I'm taking about Marshal/Tibby. And the other hunters are in from what I know, plus it's obvious how important he's going to be in the next game. With the Porky thing, the icon I agree with, but we also have to remember that both K. Rool and Pirate K. Rool are icons as well. And he was a Boss, so it takes just as many leaps to say that Sakurai wouldn't put him in or ask permission. There isn't going to be a definitive answer until we see who's in, you know?

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
LOL
Sylux IS important. He will be possibly the main antagonist of Metroid Prime 4. Have you not been keeping up with Metroid lore?
He wasn't in Smash 4, but neither were other hunters. Now we have them but Sylux.
Poochy is also missing, and he is appearing way too often in Yoshi games. See my point? We can use common sense to differ between an absent spirit of an important character and a random minor one.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL
Sylux IS important. He will be possibly the main antagonist of Metroid Prime 4. Have you not been keeping up with Metroid lore?
He wasn't in Smash 4, but neither were other hunters. Now we have them but Sylux.
Poochy is also missing, and he is appearing way too often in Yoshi games. See my point? We can use common sense to differ between an absent spirit of an important character and a random minor one.
He might be important but he hasn't really been that important up to this point

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom