• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
For me, this is the closest we've ever been to Geno in Smash. No major leak has survived this much (the previous one that I remember, the one with Agnès, just lasted a few hours) since Smash 4 ESRB times. It could still be fake obviously, but for me this leak has too much things going on.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
There's still too many questions for me. I don't even understand how the guy would have a hold of this. Sakurai said he wanted to make sure nothing was leaked this time. Yet some random French designer just found the banner lying around and decided to Snapchat it? Who left this guy alone with this information anyway? Why is the full roster just in the open for someone to take a picture of?

And if he's a graphic designer for the banner, wouldn't they have had someone monitoring these people at all times to make sure no ones does stupid **** like this? And I don't even care if this was taken with Snapchat camera. What's the actual point of posting a blurry picture to anyone? Especially with big *** info like this, you guys really think they wouldn't attempt zooming in a little bit? The clouds and shadows aren't even lined up correctly. That should've been a way more big red flag than people are treating it.

And why attack Nintendo? Wtf did they do for him to wanna get revenge and post a picture of this banner?

It could be real. It's possible. And I think Geno is in Smash whether this is real or not. But do not cling to this leak. Too many questions and no ones giving answers.
The company his name is attached to are graphic designers or something that work for Namco I believe. He's probably involved in Ultimate somehow.

It's a picture taken from a video. They turn out blurry.

Seeing he probably works for or with Nintendo he's probably just talking **** about them and their practices. If all is true, he knows better than us how it's like to work with them. There' also the distinct possibility he's a douchebag. Maybe a little of both.

All the info can be found on the reddit sub. If you want better clarification, I'd check in there

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
The company his name is attached to are graphic designers or something that work for Namco I believe. He's probably involved in Ultimate somehow.

It's a picture taken from a video. They turn out blurry.

Seeing he probably works for or with Nintendo he's probably just talking **** about them and their practices. If all is true, he knows better than us how it's like to work with them. There' also the distinct possibility he's a douchebag. Maybe a little of both.

All the info can be found on the reddit sub. If you want better clarification, I'd check in there
I know about the Namco thing. I've been reading up on this leak for a while.

I'm personally not convinced. I think this leak is just made at a really good time. We're all desperate for info and the roster looks pretty solid from this leak. That being said, it's a good leak. The whole fan base seems 50/50 which is crazy. But if the guy leaking the picture is a big enough dumbass or asshole to share a blurry ass pic from the video, he might as well just show the damn video.

Saying "Oh! It's only blurry because I got it from this video my friend made!" Is such a cop out answer. If he has something against Nintendo, then show us the damn video. Why just give us a sloppy screenshot of a video you took when the video would've done more damage to the vendetta he has agaisnt whatever Nintendo did to this guy.

Logically, this makes no sense. If this is real, the guy who set this up is extremely unintelligent with how he handled this. He's also a genius for making a leak this convincing and fooling everyone. But you can't even say it's a good looking leak because... you can't see it!

So yeah. I think it's important there's at least one guy playing Devil's Advocate and I just don't but it. Sorry guys. Again, no hate to the team real because it is possible.

And man, idk. Geno is in whether this leak is fake or not. This fan base doesn't have **** to worry about. Its time for Geno to be in Smash. It's past due honestly.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Gonna be that guy. I'm heavily on team fake. Not even because of the newcomer count but because of the weird *** leak itself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1055206265964716042

(I wanna preference this by saying I think geno is playable in Smash.

But man... c'mon. This guy didn't even bother covering up his damn name!? And that **** is blurry as hell. Some of the clouds and shadows are just straight up not included or look weird as hell. The Grinch **** isn't even on point with the official promotion, although I do believe that it's possible this was legitimately done by an impressive graphic designer for Bandi Namco. His *** is getting fired if this **** is real though.

But even the ESRB leak wasn't this ****ing blurry. He's just sitting there with the full banner? How the **** did this guy even get a hold of the full banner anyway? Why the hell would he risk his career just to leak some character? If the picture is right in front of hos ****ing face... WHY IS IT SO BLURRY!? That **** is RIGHT THERE! How the hell is your camera that bad yet you wanna leak some ****.

This leak seems so fake and dumb. Like I said, I still believe Geno is in Smash. But this banner is fake as hell. Impressive! I'll say that much. But nah... too many things pointing in the direction of being fake for me.
Okay NantenGex's twitter thing think gave me enough. This thing has been bothering me all day. so much feels wrong about it yet so many people are pushing hard for it and saying there is so much evidence.

but he makes a good point there really is no evidence. it's just a matter of people saying "oh there is no way someone would go through this much trouble for a leak" which I feel is an incredibly ignorant statement. people do crazy things to get attention.

Also there is just so much that doesn't make sense logically here. Sakurai's statements "don't expect too many more fighters" but more specifically "We may have frontloaded our reveals" like how on earth is 9 characters considered frontloading when you still have 7 under your belt?

how on earth are they gonna have the time in the next direct to show off 5 unique characters when they also have spirits, online, and all the other game modes still to cover? we would need 2 smash dedicated directs to get through all the information. if we had this many we shouldn't had as long of information droughts as we have had.

I think Sakurai is serious about there not being many new characters. he has been very clear about it on multiple occasions.
how would they have time to make all these characters? they have already been bringing back all the vets. and updating everyone's movesets, and doing all this work on giving the fans their requests in terms of game options. and we even have what could be a full on story mode to be revealed as well!

And Vergeben has been very reliable. and it's clearly missing incineroar. in believing in this leak you are choosing to not believe both Sakurai, and Vergeben. the 2 most trustworthy sources of information we have really.

I feel like people are latching onto this thing simply because they want it to be true. their bias is getting the best of them because everyone has been so tired of the downer mode the box and various other things have put onto the scene. I'm sad this leak is taking such a big hold on people because I fear it's really gonna hurt people in a big way if it is revealed to be fake. heck if it stays a mystery until the next direct people will probably get upset about our final reveals because they were expecting too much.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Okay NantenGex's twitter thing think gave me enough. This thing has been bothering me all day. so much feels wrong about it yet so many people are pushing hard for it and saying there is so much evidence.

but he makes a good point there really is no evidence. it's just a matter of people saying "oh there is no way someone would go through this much trouble for a leak" which I feel is an incredibly ignorant statement. people do crazy things to get attention.

Also there is just so much that doesn't make sense logically here. Sakurai's statements "don't expect too many more fighters" but more specifically "We may have frontloaded our reveals" like how on earth is 9 characters considered frontloading when you still have 7 under your belt?

how on earth are they gonna have the time in the next direct to show off 5 unique characters when they also have spirits, online, and all the other game modes still to cover? we would need 2 smash dedicated directs to get through all the information. if we had this many we shouldn't had as long of information droughts as we have had.

I think Sakurai is serious about there not being many new characters. he has been very clear about it on multiple occasions.
how would they have time to make all these characters? they have already been bringing back all the vets. and updating everyone's movesets, and doing all this work on giving the fans their requests in terms of game options. and we even have what could be a full on story mode to be revealed as well!

And Vergeben has been very reliable. and it's clearly missing incineroar. in believing in this leak you are choosing to not believe both Sakurai, and Vergeben. the 2 most trustworthy sources of information we have really.

I feel like people are latching onto this thing simply because they want it to be true. their bias is getting the best of them because everyone has been so tired of the downer mode the box and various other things have put onto the scene. I'm sad this leak is taking such a big hold on people because I fear it's really gonna hurt people in a big way if it is revealed to be fake. heck if it stays a mystery until the next direct people will probably get upset about our final reveals because they were expecting too much.
Please make an account everywhere and post this everywhere. You hit the nail on the head.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
So okay, that's a fair point... but!

If you are making a fake leak, wouldn't you want to make it as credible as possible? Putting Incineroar in the mix (along with Ken and a SE character) would've given the leak a "Vergeben seal of approval" that it doesn't have now. There's a reason Incineroar, Ken and Geno have appeared in almost every fake leak in existence in the last two months. The fact that Incineroar is missing is quite telling in fact. It reminds me of the ESRB leak, when Chrom and Chorus Kids weren't there most people said "but Gematsu!!!". But truth was, Gematsu had it wrong whatever the reason.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I don't think a fake leak discredits another fake leak. If both are just full of fake info, then who is to say what is actually real?

I still think Sakurai is keeping this under wraps.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben being fake or not doesn't disprove my point at all. Most people believe Vergeben to be almost a Smash prophet, so if you want to add credibility to your fake leak why ignore what he said? I mean, the fact that there's no Incineroar was one of the first things people pointed out.

Klimax

Smash Ace
As I'm saying since I first saw it, this is a fake, a cool fake, but still a fake. I would take this leak over anything else because it's one of the best possible scenario. But I just don't believe it at all. Mr Gentleman Mr Gentleman said everything that I think about this leak.
This situation sucks because the game is coming soon, we'll probably have a last fantastic Smash Direct but people will probably be disappointed because they're expecting more, thanks to this leak.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Very well said. As much as I WANT this new leak to be true, it really is just too much. My favorite point of your statements is the part talking about how Sakurai probably wouldn't be able to actually pull of all of these newcomers as he was in fact working on all of the vets, making the newcomers there already is, giving each echo fighter their differences and such, and actually getting the game balanced between all of them. This leak is just too good to be true.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Eh, seems like everyone's done with the leak...works for me. I believed it, but I think, like many people, we're all starting to cool on the possibility. It was more a situation of sheer excitement at the possibility, which will only hold up so long. Once people come down from the high, reality sets in...as life often does, lol.

But I will say three things: first, as always, I am not completely writing off this leak. If anything, I'm 50/50 now. At least until it's definitively proven false. To completely ignore a possibility before it is proven impossible is never a good idea.

Second, I still believe Geno is in, of course. Though pretty much everyone does, I think.

And third...even if I've come down from my high, I do not regret being a true believer for any length of time. For about 24 glorious hours, I got to feel sure we could get this roster. Whether it was possible or never had a chance, I got to think it was reality. Imagine...if the leak is false and we get nowhere near that lineup, I'll always have the memory of that day it was real.

Pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. I actually feel like I owe the leaker, lol.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
There is much more logical evidence for than against. I'm not about to argue a wall of text on here though because at the end of the day I don't care whether you guys believe it or not.

I'll take the side where the evidence lies right now and not the side where we somehow believe that our last newcomers are incineroar, ken and a square rep.

And for people saying this would be too many characters left, the total would be 10 unique newcomers for Ultimate, which is the least of any smash game ever, so I don't know why you guys keep stating sakurai's quote about not adding as many characters as usual as evidence AGAINST this

TBone06

Smash Ace
There is much more logical evidence for than against. I'm not about to argue a wall of text on here though because at the end of the day I don't care whether you guys believe it or not.

I'll take the side where the evidence lies right now and not the side where we somehow believe that our last newcomers are incineroar, ken and a square rep.

And for people saying this would be too many characters left, the total would be 10 unique newcomers for Ultimate, which is the least of any smash game ever, so I don't know why you guys keep stating sakurai's quote about not adding as many characters as usual as evidence AGAINST this
This right here. I have to admit, adding seven characters between now and the launch date IS a lot. But in the grand scheme of it, it’s ten unique and 16 if we are including echoes, which is still less than Brawl and 4. I was skeptical at first, and I’m still not 100% sold, but I definitely think it COULD be real, which is uncommon for me.

Asxin

Smash Rookie
If the leak is real... Do you guys think it is possible that they would make all the 7 characters in the same CGI trailer? Because I would love that.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
If the leak is real... Do you guys think it is possible that they would make all the 7 characters in the same CGI trailer? Because I would love that.
I've always had the belief that we're going to get a new, original cinematic opening for Ultimate, featuring every character, as it's the only time they could do it. It's possible they could just reveal all of those newcomers in that, then explain them all after. Seems like a good way to knock them all out.

And yeah, I'm still leaning toward this leak being real. It's just more restrained than it was, due to my general excitement cooling down. But the evidence currently points toward real, so I am still pointing that way.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Wrong company. We've found LinkedIn profiles for the leaker: one from his time at Marina (which was terminated in 2016), and his current one where he works at APV (the one that went private). Many people mistook the old profile and company for the new one. This proves NOTHING.
Yeah, I'm gonna post here what I posted on reddit:

"So, upon further investigation, I don't think this means anything.

There are two Eric Bricard LinkedIn accounts:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-bricard-25b718103/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/eric-bricard-446384173/

The former is the one that links Marina PLV, the latter one links ACP PLV, where he's worked for 1 year and 8 months. They list the same education, so it's clearly the same person. So...this lines up with him leaving Marina PLV in November 2016 assuming he got the new job a couple months later.

We might have been wrong about which printing company this was from all along. The leak might be from ACP PLV and not Marina PLV.

I'm a little less confident in this leak than I was a day ago, but I don't think it's dead quite yet."

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit, this hurts it. People on the same thread are noting however that the Linkedn might have been out of date, and that the snapchat might have come from his new workplace (the one he was at/found new work at since 2016 apparently.)

*EDIT* Beat to the punch.
Ugh! I want this dumb ass leak to just die already.

When's that next damn direct? November really can't come soon enough; just tell us the last characters already. I've never seen the fan base so split over a leak. Even Verg and Box had a majority on one side.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Ugh! I want this dumb *** leak to just die already.

When's that next damn direct? November can't come soon enough. Just tell is the last characters. I've never seen the fan base so split. Even Verg and Box had a majority on one side.
That's because this leak refuses to fracking die. This is ESRB all over again. And, like the ESRB, all we need is ONE character to prove or disprove this leak.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
That's because this leak refuses to fracking die. This is ESRB all over again. And, like the ESRB, all we need is ONE character to prove or disprove this leak.
ESRB was real. Perhaps this is real too. Even if it ends in disappointment, it's better than the terrible downer known as the box theory

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
As weird as it sounds, lets keep ourselves level headed come next reveal. Even team fake on this board concedes they think Geno is very likely regardless, so Geno might not necessarily prove this leak per se. Same with Ken or Shadow, two very common echo suggestions. Heck Banjo or Isaac might not inherently prove this leak (unless the art of said characters on the banner is a 1 for 1 match). That said, I think we're done if the chorus kids or Mach Rider gets revealed.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
ESRB was real. Perhaps this is real too. Even if it ends in disappointment, it's better than the terrible downer known as the box theory
I'll give it that. I just don't trust this leak. I don't understand how he has this type of access yet hates Nintendo and wants revenge? Who gave this guy the keys to this information?

The guys career is over whether this is real or not.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Five Guy's is so saturated in grease the bun disintegrates by the time I take it home
That's how you know it was cooked!
Also, Bad Daddy's Burgers is great on burgers and fries, and a bit less greasy. If you ever get a chance, try them.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I do love that the fake leak has sparked a bunch of Grinch memes. That **** was really enjoyable to scroll through last night.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
This is the ultimate leak. Every single time a counterpoint is raised to fight against it, a counter counterpoint is brought up very quickly to fend it off. This has survived so long that we’re approaching the time frame where it becomes real just by means of pure survival. The internet moves to fast for fakes to survive any longer then this has until now. So by means of logic, the more time we are unable to conclusively debunk, the more likely it is to be real.

Mach Rider looks weird? The photo in general looks like crap

Battlefield has changed? The battlefield on the website mural is also changed

Shadows look strange? Again the photo is hot garbage

It conflicts it’s Sakurai? Not really. Removing echoes from the equation this is 10 total newcomers which is the least in the series.

Where would They announce all of these? Melee style opening, or brawl style introduction.

Surface leakers are confused like Jon from gamexplain? They were all told Incinroar, which was probably leak bait now.

The guy doesn’t work for Mariana? Well actually he’s at ACP.

Every counterpoint of major volume has been throughly fought against successfully. You would think hat if this is fake that somewhere, SOMEWHERE there would be a chink in the armour. But to no avail. So for hat reason I have to firmly remain team real.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Geno fans should rest assured that even if this leak is fake, (which I find unlikely at this point), Geno is more than likely 100% in the game. :) The fact that papagenos papagenos had a "reliable source" tell him that Banjo IS IN and they heard about all of the characters in the leaked banner, then we are in for one hell of a ride this December!

Last edited:

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
Ugh! I want this dumb *** leak to just die already.
probably not a great idea to have such a bias when trying to prove or disprove something is real or not. I get why people want or don't want this leak to be real but the only way to approach this is from a place of objectivity.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Some thoughts; I know a lot of people are either leaning on it being completely true or false, but is it possible it could actually be half right? Suppose there are some new characters on there that are real, but they also inserted some characters just to troll the community. Some characters look a little odd while others look more convincing, though for me I thought Shadow looked the most suspicious of the lot. When I first saw this image I thought Shadow looked like a CGi render inserted into the mural as opposed to the consistent art-style being used in the lineup, but really it's hard to tell. The huge LOL text almost seems like it could be used in mockery much like the text leak this is supposedly based on, what with it being full of insults and expletives. It's a very small possibility but something I wanted to bring up. I honestly doubt that's the case given the attitude of the person, they could either actually be leaking the whole roster or inserting characters to mock the community for whatever reason. I honestly don't know what the intent of such a thing would be, as I know nothing about the individual, but all that being said I'm not totally discounting this leak but I'm not completely sold on it either. Feels like it could go either way but no doubt it seems highly questionable. I'm really not going to be sold on it until Sakurai himself presents whatever is left to us in the coming weeks.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
There's a lot of interesting details in the leak which is swaying me more towards team real than team fake. For example in the leak, Marth's sword is placed behind Roy and in the official image it is in front of him. Issac is using what appears to be his Growth ability. Characters are shifted around. New details that were once obscured are shown off in detail that matches the style of the rest of the image, like Roy's foot being shown in the new leak when it isn't in the official image. Yes, anyone with photoshop skills can do any of these things, but so can Nintendo. I don't want to pick a side saying I'm on team real, I'd rather just be more open-minded to the idea of it being real rather than just searching for every little possible error that can debunk the whole thing.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Way, way, way too much about this specific roster makes sense to me for it to be fake. If it was literally anyone else, I’d dismiss it.

I’m sticking to my claim a few pages ago that Isaac and Banjo are the only two actual newcomers left by Nintendo’s count. The other three characters share an absolutely perfect theme that lets(or, well, would have let if not for leaks) Nintendo shock everyone with one final reveal of three extra characters that aren’t technically newcomers, but fighters that had their invitations “lost in the mail”, one per game since Melee. Characters that were originally planned to be in the game way, way back, but never got their chance for one reason or another(time constraints, Square, 3DS limitations).

I mean, it’s not like the last game didn’t also have three more characters than it otherwise “should” have as well, those being the proto-Echoes. So you could even say that there’s precedent for this kind of thing.

Some other roster-related thoughts:

-As mentioned many times before, the fact that this roster lets the CSS become a perfect 13x6 rectangle with the original 12+DS making up the full top row is some brilliant design work, which the leaker would likely have had to predict as well if fake.
-Also as mentioned before, it fits incredibly well with Corocoro’s 108 number.
-The specific way that they’re numbering the roster, with giving Pokemon Trainer and the Miis two extra numbers each, could easily be used to obfuscate the fact that the final roster going by CSS count is 69 without echoes. Thanks to the main counts being the roster with echoes and their own numbering, the vast majority likely wouldn’t even notice.

Last edited:

wagnerelli12

Smash Rookie
As it's gone on, I still lean on cautious optimism with the likelihood of fake.

The Chadondorf which matches up with this leak being WELL in advance and reportedly the leak that ruffled feathers makes sense. It also feels right with what we've been generally looking at character-wise, and if there's gonna be a big surprise blowout, that seems like who it'd be. But you know, it's the internet and I don't want to get hurt.

On the other hand, I'm just desperate for a Geno confirmation so whatever. And I want my Geno amiibo.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Let's say the leak is real and we get a mini direct that reveals a few characters...perhaps Ken and Isaac get revealed. Do you think Sakurai would change their art in the Everyone is Here mural, just until everything else is shown?

ThatIsFalco

Smash Rookie
Stop saying 10 newcomers would be the least of any smash game, as Melee actually had 8 (not including clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom