• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I do at least like the positive atmosphere this leak has created. kinda hoping it will stand up until the next direct. or more like the day before it. that way even if people get disappointed by it being fake their have the real reveal to hopefully lift their spirits.

although I do worry this will be the leak to break people if it is fake.
like we may just get into our biggest downer yet. it's giving several communities hope that were on edge before.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just wanted to point out that when the ESRB leak came out revealing the entire Smash 4 roster, everyone and their mom found reasons as to why it was fake, pointing out the smallest details. Lo and behold, it was real.

There's no way to prove if this is real or fake, like the ESRB leak at first, so we gotta wait.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
1540427349679.jpeg

So with this leak, do you think we getting a Super Mario RPG HD remake for switch ? or a 3D remake for 3DS ? or GASP! a SMRPG2 !!!
I feel like they will want to do somthing together with squre since both companys will have seen how popular this character is

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 171723
So with this leak, do you think we getting a Super Mario RPG HD remake for switch ? or a 3D remake for 3DS ? or GASP! a SMRPG2 !!!
I feel like they will want to do somthing together with squre since both companys will have seen how popular this character is
Yeah, I strongly believe we are getting SMRPG 2 or a 3D/HD remake of the original.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Just wanted to point out that when the ESRB leak came out revealing the entire Smash 4 roster, everyone and their mom found reasons as to why it was fake, pointing out the smallest details. Lo and behold, it was real.

There's no way to prove if this is real or fake, like the ESRB leak at first, so we gotta wait.
Who can forget the great "Shulk is just a photoshopped Little Mac."

Just give it a little time. With how much attention this leak is getting I have a feeling that we'll soon find out whether it's real or fake.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Watching people try to dissect shadows and clouds in an image that would have been considered too compressed to tell even 10 years ago is raising my blood pressure

link2702

Smash Champion
At this point I’ve just got a headache trying to keep up with this. Think I’m gonna take a break from the internet for awhile. Real, fake, w/e, trying to keep up with the main discussion board about this is nearly impossible....

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm kind of annoyed about this whole situation. Let's say that your favorite character wasn't in this leak, right? The moment you laid your eyes on the leak, the most likely response is to feel negative towards it. Once you feel negative about the leak, it will be easier to come to conclusions like it's fake, or this is wrong with it, and that's wrong with it. Why? Because you want it to be fake so bad so that your favorite character still has a chance. I feel like some people may be acting this way, and that's completely fine because it is just a normal reaction. But why I'd be annoyed is because there's a chance that people are criticizing this leak so much (like dissecting clouds) because they feel that their character is entitled to the game and are absolutely deserving to be in, so seeing a leak without their favorite character in is ridiculous in their eyes. I just hope people aren't thinking that way... JUST CAUSE YOU WANT A CHARACTER DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE ENTITLED TO BE IN SMASH!

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
It amazes me how many people are still calling it "blurry on purpose". It is a still image from a snapchat video of a wriststrap.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I dunno about this "leak"... could we do some actual comparison/investigation toward the blobs that suggest each character on this banner? looking at the unedited version of the banner (the one without the outlines) it looks like these spots are either sprites or artwork that doesn't match the style of the banner, or could be found elsewhere. Like others have said, the blurriness makes up for potential mistakes, and I am not convinced by the images that they are the actual artwork that would be used for the banner. Mach Rider for example, could very well just be some existing artwork that was photoshopped onto the image and is hard to tell because it's blurred.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 171706

I found this GIF showing inconsistencies in the background

Don't go full on trusting this image
You do realize it's the supposedly final design so things are bond to change in the artwork if real lol.

I dunno about this "leak"... could we do some actual comparison/investigation toward the blobs that suggest each character on this banner? looking at the unedited version of the banner (the one without the outlines) it looks like these spots are either sprites or artwork that doesn't match the style of the banner, or could be found elsewhere. Like others have said, the blurriness makes up for potential mistakes, and I am not convinced by the images that they are the actual artwork that would be used for the banner. Mach Rider for example, could very well just be some existing artwork that was photoshopped onto the image and is hard to tell because it's blurred.
people same thing about the ESRB leak shulk is a photoshopped little mac, bowser jr. Is just a copy and paste picture etc. What happened it was real. Shouldn't dismiss it for being blurry.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
~Posted this in the general thread earlier but it's surely buried by now, would rather share with my Genobros~
I was team #real all day. But upon looking a few minutes ago... Why is Isaac so tiny? I just can't believe a perfectionist like Sakurai would have the proportions so off. Again, blurry, but still....

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
~Posted this in the general thread earlier but it's surely buried by now, would rather share with my Genobros~
I was team #real all day. But upon looking a few minutes ago... Why is Isaac so tiny? I just can't believe a perfectionist like Sakurai would have the proportions so off. Again, blurry, but still....
Ridley tricked Isaac into consuming a poison shroom like he did.

seriously though I don't know if he is that tiny. He is crouching and someone like Cloud is probably closer to the front.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I think the consensus is that he's kneeling while casting the Growth spell. Which is a strange position to pick if you're faking and aiming to have a leak bought.

Granted...that could be a way to make us believe it's real. But assuming everything is that kind of "but they don't know we know that they know" scenario is dangerous, lol.

In my opinion, his pose and the accompanying vine effects are far too weird to have a faker think of or believe would be a good idea to put in his leak. Same as the conductor being with the Chorus Kids.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind people thought they Supposedly debunked ESRB and dismissed it just to come back to it when all the characters listed was there from the leak. So just wait until official news from Nintendo.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 171706

I found this GIF showing inconsistencies in the background

Don't go full on trusting this image
Friendly reminder that the ESRB leak had lines out of skew, differences from previous versions (names of characters not being present on 3DS CSS), and even a typo ("disablad"). By comparison the background details in your gif are almost nothing.

That said I'm definitely not 100% trusting this leak, it would be foolish to. Smash 4 proved that leaks that seem fake can be real (ESRB) and leaks that seem real can be fake (Rayman). However, on the fake-real scale I'm slightly leaning towards real. It could still turn out that it was an elaborate leak, but until we see definitive proof one way or the other I think it's reasonable that people are believing it.

Last edited:

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Looking back at that Rayman leak all those years ago, I got to say it doesn't look as great as I remember it. Specially because of that ugly Mewtwo render.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Looking back at that Rayman leak all those years ago, I got to say it doesn't look as great as I remember it. Specially because of that ugly Mewtwo render.
The Mewtwo looked awful true, but I still think that Rayman looked perfect. I think what made it so convincing though was the hover over the slot.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

This. There is nothing serious or solid enought against this leak yet in all day. If nothing stronger appears to debunk this (which i doubt will happen cause this has been dissected as far as the quality allows) then all we gotta do is wait. I have strong hopes for next week since it's the week where the events in japan start (weekend actually) so I could see them revealing everything once and for all during the weekdays… I hope this wait is really over next week damnit, it's the start of November after all.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
This. There is nothing serious or solid enought against this leak yet in all day. If nothing stronger appears to debunk this (which i doubt will happen cause this has been dissected as far as the quality allows) then all we gotta do is wait. I have strong hopes for next week since it's the week where the events in japan start (weekend actually) so I could see them revealing everything once and for all during the weekdays… I hope this wait is really over next week damnit, it's the start of November after all.
Me too, this wait has felt like an eternity. :urg:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well this at least distracted a lot of people, and will keep doing for a while.
So maybe the wait wont seem as long. But if it's fake it's pretty hella ****ed up too.

I'm mostly holding out for actual news, so people can finally get a better sense of things, and stop believing leaks or what have you. And just enjoy what there is and still be open to more (including for dlc)

smash puffle

Smash Ace
I'm mostly holding out for actual news, so people can finally get a better sense of things, and stop believing leaks or what have you. And just enjoy what there is and still be open to more (including for dlc)
Can you say that to the rest of the Smash community pretty please. Like everywhere possible.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Hmm, so many people are pulling good evidence to claim the image is true.

The shadows may been an issue but its always changed in each iteration.

SO...If the final roster is Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids, how would you feel?

For me? Seeing 3 of my requested characters in Ultimate feels like a dream come true!
id be sad that shantae didn't get in, but she can always be dlc for later (which is pretty customary in games she appears in anyway!)

as for the 7 characters
1.geno: I totally feel for you guys, and I swear if "Geno Day" isn't some kind of holiday already. then DEC 7th will be it. smiles all around!
2. Banjo: YES! oh~ banjo~ to hold you in my arms once more <3
3. Isaac: yet another huge smashboard fanbase pleased. you guys have earned it!
4. shadow: pretty sweet. I had a huge humch he'd make it in (along with everyont else~)
5. ken: I thought ryu was enough to be honest, but ken is alright. i'll take it.
6. mach rider: interesting choice....kinda odd to me.. but hey! im sure i'll learn to love him either way.
7. chorus kids: I really didn't want them, but as far as characters that meet the bottom of my list, I can tolerate them the most. at least its not Minecraft steve!

all in all, its a pretty sweet roster!

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Gonna be that guy. I'm heavily on team fake. Not even because of the newcomer count but because of the weird ass leak itself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1055206265964716042

(I wanna preference this by saying I think geno is playable in Smash.

But man... c'mon. This guy didn't even bother covering up his damn name!? And that **** is blurry as hell. Some of the clouds and shadows are just straight up not included or look weird as hell. The Grinch **** isn't even on point with the official promotion, although I do believe that it's possible this was legitimately done by an impressive graphic designer for Bandi Namco. His ass is getting fired if this **** is real though.

But even the ESRB leak wasn't this ****ing blurry. He's just sitting there with the full banner? How the **** did this guy even get a hold of the full banner anyway? Why the hell would he risk his career just to leak some character? If the picture is right in front of hos ****ing face... WHY IS IT SO BLURRY!? That **** is RIGHT THERE! How the hell is your camera that bad yet you wanna leak some ****.

This leak seems so fake and dumb. Like I said, I still believe Geno is in Smash. But this banner is fake as hell. Impressive! I'll say that much. But nah... too many things pointing in the direction of being fake for me.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Alright. Gonna be that guy. I'm heavily on team fake. Not even because of the newcomer count but because of the weird *** leak itself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrNantendo/status/1055206265964716042

(I wanna preference this by saying I think geno is playable in Smash.

But man... c'mon. This guy didn't even bother covering up his damn name!? And that **** is blurry as hell. Some of the clouds and shadows are just straight up not included or look weird as hell. The Grinch **** isn't even on point with the official promotion, although I do believe that it's possible this was legitimately done by an impressive graphic designer for Bandi Namco. His *** is getting fired if this **** is real though.

But even the ESRB leak wasn't this ****ing blurry. He's just sitting there with the full banner? How the **** did this guy even get a hold of the full banner anyway? Why the hell would he risk his career just to leak some character? If the picture is right in front of hos ****ing face... WHY IS IT SO BLURRY!? That **** is RIGHT THERE! How the hell is your camera that bad yet you wanna leak some ****.

This leak seems so fake and dumb. Like I said, I still believe Geno is in Smash. But this banner is fake as hell. Impressive! I'll say that much. But nah... too many things pointing in the direction of being fake for me.
If I got my details right, it's blurry because it's a snapchat story, so it's a video. Also explains why he didn't blur his name out, was probably expecting to share it with a couple others, and one of them leaked it.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
If I got my details right, it's blurry because it's a snapchat story, so it's a video. Also explains why he didn't blur his name out, was probably expecting to share it with a couple others, and one of them leaked it.
There's still too many questions for me. I don't even understand how the guy would have a hold of this. Sakurai said he wanted to make sure nothing was leaked this time. Yet some random French designer just found the banner lying around and decided to Snapchat it? Who left this guy alone with this information anyway? Why is the full roster just in the open for someone to take a picture of?

And if he's a graphic designer for the banner, wouldn't they have had someone monitoring these people at all times to make sure no ones does stupid **** like this? And I don't even care if this was taken with Snapchat camera. What's the actual point of posting a blurry picture to anyone? Especially with big ass info like this, you guys really think they wouldn't attempt zooming in a little bit? The clouds and shadows aren't even lined up correctly. That should've been a way more big red flag than people are treating it.

And why attack Nintendo? Wtf did they do for him to wanna get revenge and post a picture of this banner?

It could be real. It's possible. And I think Geno is in Smash whether this is real or not. But do not cling to this leak. Too many questions and no ones giving answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom