• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I am on the cautious optimistic side ... still not going to put my full faith in the leak. However, it does seem to side more to being real than not to me.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I am on the cautious optimistic side ... still not going to but my full faith in the leak. However, it does seem to side more to being real than not to me.
What you said here basically sums up my opinions. The fact that this one leak just shook up the entire Smash community like the ESRB leak though... I don't know, my gut feeling is telling me it is real but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Gamefaqs are such **** su*****. Someone posted "it has Geno on it so it's fake derp." It's like f*** you man.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Way, way, way too much about this specific roster makes sense to me for it to be fake. If it was literally anyone else, I’d dismiss it.

I’m sticking to my claim a few pages ago that Isaac and Banjo are the only two actual newcomers left by Nintendo’s count. The other three characters share an absolutely perfect theme that lets(or, well, would have let if not for leaks) Nintendo shock everyone with one final reveal of three extra characters that aren’t technically newcomers, but fighters that had their invitations “lost in the mail”, one per game since Melee. Characters that were originally planned to be in the game way, way back, but never got their chance for one reason or another(time constraints, Square, 3DS limitations).

I mean, it’s not like the last game didn’t also have three more characters than it otherwise “should” have as well, those being the proto-Echoes. So you could even say that there’s precedent for this kind of thing.

Some other roster-related thoughts:

-As mentioned many times before, the fact that this roster lets the CSS become a perfect 13x6 rectangle with the original 12+DS making up the full top row is some brilliant design work, which the leaker would likely have had to predict as well if fake.
-Also as mentioned before, it fits incredibly well with Corocoro’s 108 number.
-The specific way that they’re numbering the roster, with giving Pokemon Trainer and the Miis two extra numbers each, could easily be used to obfuscate the fact that the final roster going by CSS count is 69 without echoes. Thanks to the main counts being the roster with echoes and their own numbering, the vast majority likely wouldn’t even notice.
I remember seeing somewhere that Banjo was considered for Smash 64 and/or Melee, so he could be a 4th "lost" character. I can see them doing all 7 in a single direct if they start with Isaac, showcase the last two Echoes, then at the end do a "before we go, we have some fighters who...didn't get their invites when we intended for them to" and do a trailer showcasing Chorus Kids, Geno, Mach Rider, then Banjo.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll give people the not that many fighters comment. It could very well be seen that echoes are not real fighters.

But what about the front loaded comment?
If we have 5 so far and they were really gonna give us another 5 uniques. Than that would no way be called front loaded.
Front loading means that he gave us more towards the beginning than he will in the end. Meaning the amount of newcomers we will get from here will be less then what we have already.

And don't go pulling "oh well counting echoes we have 2 less" when you were just trying to discount them in order to make your argument work. And even still comparing 9 to 7 still isn't enough to call it front loaded.

You are arguing what you can and ignoring that which you can't.
This leaks armor isn't as spotless as you'd like to believe.

Edit: also I don't see Sakurai cramming them all into one trailer. That would be a disservice to them forcing them to share the spotlight when Ridley, K rool, Simon and everyone else got the attention to themselves.
And they would still want to go into detail about every fighter they introduce. That's where all the time for the direct would be eaten up. Not the trailers.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Okay I'll give people the not that many fighters comment. It could very well be seen that echoes are not real fighters.

If we have 5 so far and they were really gonna give us another 5 uniques. Than that would no way be called front loaded.
Front loading means that he gave us more towards the beginning than he will in the end. Meaning the amount of newcomers we will get from here will be less then what we have already.

And don't go pulling "oh well counting echoes we have 2 less" when you were just trying to discount them in order to make your argument work. And even still comparing 9 to 7 still isn't enough to call it front loaded.

I don't believe Sakurai ever explicitly said it was "front-loaded", instead simply that they were "going to show restraint at this point".

Of course, it's just the translation; I don't know Japanese.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its without a doubt no question history repeats themselves

More people team fake

Almost Ever one disagreeing with each other

Debunking the leak is like trying to kill a zombie or hydra by cutting its head off

Its a riot

I'm really praying we get something soon to end this possible esrb 2.0 fake or real

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
I haven't checked the most recent dozen or so pages, so this may have already been said, but Sakurai said during the August 8th direct that they'd be revealing the design of every character prior to launch. Depending on how you read that it would mean not every character will be available for launch and that we'll just see their renders and/or models (a la Mewtwo in the 50 fact extravaganza). I'm reaching here for the sake of argument, but perhaps it's front-loaded in the sense of characters available for launch. Like, they'll reveal the 7 on the poster but only 2-4 are ready and the rest will be free to download at a later time. Again, reaching here, but I figured I'd throw this out there

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'm just gonna gamble my perception but the main thing making me lean that this is the real deal is the Mural artwork. They look like they were heavily directed to be that way for me. I'm with Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 here and thinking this might be it.

domriver

Smash Lord
This leak is not going away any time soon. In the General Thread its just back and forth.
For me - im more on legit but of course expecting it to be fake. Its a dream roster truly is but of course can't confirm anything WITHOUT A FREAKING NINTENDO DIRECT. grrrr. Final thoughts on this: Fake or Real - I truly believe Geno is in this game and he will get that beautiful reveal trailer. Regards to this leak nothing else can be said or done till something else corroborates it or otherwise. A Direct will make that happen. I guess i won't waste my time in the smashboards with this leak because its just opinions. I may just check around every other day but till I see official confirmation for a DIRECT. I won't really be posting here. Because once we got a date there are things to talk about :D. Im just really waiting for the direct thats all. Either way im very excited for the direct whenever its announced im hoping sooner than Nov 8th but that seems to be the target day. My prediction is still in effect Oct 15 thru Nov 2nd. lol its reaching the end day :( Hoping for a Direct Oct 30th. ;) lol we shall see or even Nov 1st. But ill be out of state with no PC access and i hate using mobile on the smash boards. Nov 1-5th no PC. lol with my luck watch everything happen on that time frame. LOL I really want to be in this board when its Direct time. All right enough for me.

btw:
listening to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupCACVrjCs

and looking at :

happy times :D :p

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I remember seeing somewhere that Banjo was considered for Smash 64 and/or Melee, so he could be a 4th "lost" character. I can see them doing all 7 in a single direct if they start with Isaac, showcase the last two Echoes, then at the end do a "before we go, we have some fighters who...didn't get their invites when we intended for them to" and do a trailer showcasing Chorus Kids, Geno, Mach Rider, then Banjo.
If they actually did this, I would cry my eyes out at them referencing those characters in such a way.

Just like how people feel about all these characters...

Someone found an official version of the background

https://mobile.twitter.com/vaanrose/status/1055285233946255360

This shows that there are several discrepancies in the image. Pointing towards the leak editing the background to fill in the blank space.

I feel like this is another evidence against the leak people have been ignoring.
Actually people have already compared it to the current one on the website and are saying there are similarities between the one in the leak and the website banner and that the background changing in quality can be in an effort to draw more attention to the characters in the foreground.

papagenos papagenos Had his Discord rip that apart in seconds, not that he asked them to but rather they found that information and ripped into it hard and left nothing but scraps..

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

This shows that there are several discrepancies in the image. Pointing towards the leak editing the background to fill in the blank space.

I feel like this is another evidence against the leak people have been ignoring.
Case and point

Another hydra decapitation but grows more heads

We done that one some of comparisons the characters are behind it and some ever so minor differences and lighting and blurry makes it impossible to conclude besides the lightning could be hiding the island temple

And That's a version near the very beginning and it was gif background and not static like the banner

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
why do people say that that many characters wouldn't fit into a direct, or that there wouldn't be enough time to properly show the characters. I don't think this is a good argument seeing as they don't necessarily have a time limit on the directs do they? It's not like they have other programming that it would run into like a tv station or something. Nintendo could split it up into 2 directs but I just don't see why they couldn't put everything they need to reveal into one long direct?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Further on that thread that has been counter arguements to the "banner difference" that still paint the leak being real. The background has changed before at E3. So the leak is still alive.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Edit: also I don't see Sakurai cramming them all into one trailer. That would be a disservice to them forcing them to share the spotlight when Ridley, K rool, Simon and everyone else got the attention to themselves.
And they would still want to go into detail about every fighter they introduce. That's where all the time for the direct would be eaten up. Not the trailers.
This so damn much. People seem to use Echoes in whatever way they want to justify their logic, when it’s clear that Sakurai is treating them as newcomers in at least some capacity. The games is listed as having over 70 characters, so that has to include Echo fighters. He’s talked about front loading the reveals (or being trigger happy, which implies front loading) and people refuse to take him at face value for his comments when he’s emphasized the not too many newcomers or few newcomers three separate times now.

All because “lulz Sakurai trolls” in much limited capacities, and that the game is Ultimate, thus it can break all rules of logic when it comes to understanding a man’s comments about his own damn game. Because blind faith in a completely unconfirmed personal idea somehow is better than the word of God that is Sakurai.

I just don’t understand it. And when the dude working at a company that had connections with Bandai Namco was the narrative tons of people used that as evidence. Now it comes out that wasn’t the right company, he hasn’t worked there for two years, and currently works at a different company that’s only game connection is Ubisoft another French company. That’s a big deal and people are like, oh NDAs and they work with game companies, so that’s totally reasonable. That’s not moving goal posts, that’s moving the whole damn field.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Way, way, way too much about this specific roster makes sense to me for it to be fake. If it was literally anyone else, I’d dismiss it.

I’m sticking to my claim a few pages ago that Isaac and Banjo are the only two actual newcomers left by Nintendo’s count. The other three characters share an absolutely perfect theme that lets(or, well, would have let if not for leaks) Nintendo shock everyone with one final reveal of three extra characters that aren’t technically newcomers, but fighters that had their invitations “lost in the mail”, one per game since Melee. Characters that were originally planned to be in the game way, way back, but never got their chance for one reason or another(time constraints, Square, 3DS limitations).

I mean, it’s not like the last game didn’t also have three more characters than it otherwise “should” have as well, those being the proto-Echoes. So you could even say that there’s precedent for this kind of thing.

Some other roster-related thoughts:

-As mentioned many times before, the fact that this roster lets the CSS become a perfect 13x6 rectangle with the original 12+DS making up the full top row is some brilliant design work, which the leaker would likely have had to predict as well if fake.
-Also as mentioned before, it fits incredibly well with Corocoro’s 108 number.
-The specific way that they’re numbering the roster, with giving Pokemon Trainer and the Miis two extra numbers each, could easily be used to obfuscate the fact that the final roster going by CSS count is 69 without echoes. Thanks to the main counts being the roster with echoes and their own numbering, the vast majority likely wouldn’t even notice.
people found something that supposedly debunked the ESRB leak and left it in the dark. Only to months later after the game was out to find out it was real.

You do realize we have had long directs before right? I wouldn't be surprised if this big last smash direct was a hour long. We've had. Longer ones.

you do realize that changed the back from when it was shown at E3 right? So they can and most likely will for the final design. Plus to add to it being real today or yesterday they dropped another Grinch trailer and a smash ultimate trailer proving if real they are preparing for printing stuff for release of the movie and especially if they planning for the smash ultimate direct. Which links into another rumor that two directs in November the dates listed were November 5th-8th.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This so damn much. People seem to use Echoes in whatever way they want to justify their logic, when it’s clear that Sakurai is treating them as newcomers in at least some capacity. The games is listed as having over 70 characters, so that has to include Echo fighters. He’s talked about front loading the reveals (or being trigger happy, which implies front loading) and people refuse to take him at face value for his comments when he’s emphasized the not too many newcomers or few newcomers three separate times now.

All because “lulz Sakurai trolls” in much limited capacities, and that the game is Ultimate, thus it can break all rules of logic when it comes to understanding a man’s comments about his own damn game. Because blind faith in a completely unconfirmed personal idea somehow is better than the word of God that is Sakurai.

I just don’t understand it. And when the dude working at a company that had connections with Bandai Namco was the narrative tons of people used that as evidence. Now it comes out that wasn’t the right company, he hasn’t worked there for two years, and currently works at a different company that’s only game connection is Ubisoft another French company. That’s a big deal and people are like, oh NDAs and they work with game companies, so that’s totally reasonable. That’s not moving goal posts, that’s moving the whole damn field.
Right I was meaning to bring that up. it looked like he had a nail in the coffin for half a second there. then people moved to him being at another company. which sure whatever seems fine. but doesn't that mean he isn't even working for namco at this point? which even that felt like a bit of a stretch so now the question of "Why on earth would he be in charge of making this?" is in real effect again. him being a part of a random print shop doesn't help the argument. it just shows us he has the tools available to make a fake.

Also on another note

https://i.redd.it/c2lxku5j2ze11.png

as far as I can tell that looks like the background has stayed the same
compare this too this image and look at example A

https://twitter.com/mrnantendo?lang=en

this official banner is consistent with the various changes to the character positions. while the fake has an error. furthermore you can see in example F the fake doesn't have the lightning bolt. a detail obscured until the more recent character shift.

Don't get me wrong I would be beyond happy if this was our final roster. and I'm all for positive thinking. but in the end I'm more of a realist and something with this leak does not sit right with me. too many pieces feel out of place. and I feel we're about to be in for a world of hurt if we let ourselves believe this. moreso for the other fanbases than for us though. Geno is just kinda in a good place in all of this.

Edit: need to look into it further myself. but according to GameXplain this new company people are saying he works for has no connections to the Grinch movie either. in which case if he was working on the official thing. while working for this different company. why on earth is the grinch there then?
I think this might just break it.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I really don't understand why everyone turned from hyped to wet blankets in like a day. Does anyone have conviction in their opinions?

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I really don't understand why everyone turned from hyped to wet blankets in like a day. Does anyone have conviction in their opinions?
It's a really hard stalemate right now with neither sides of coin being able to put the smoking gun on it being real or fake. And quite frankly it's gotten exhausting as a spectator.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It's just too ridiculous to be fake at this point. Too many separate rabbit holes. It's more believable that we actually DID get what we want rather than the tale of the supposed mastermind faker.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Right I was meaning to bring that up. it looked like he had a nail in the coffin for half a second there. then people moved to him being at another company. which sure whatever seems fine. but doesn't that mean he isn't even working for Namco at this point? which even that felt like a bit of a stretch so now the question of "Why on earth would he be in charge of making this?" is in real effect again. him being a part of a random print shop doesn't help the argument. it just shows us he has the tools available to make a fake.

Also on another note

https://i.redd.it/c2lxku5j2ze11.png

as far as I can tell that looks like the background has stayed the same
compare this to this image and look at example A

https://twitter.com/mrnantendo?lang=en

this official banner is consistent with the various changes to the character positions. while the fake has an error. furthermore, you can see in example F the fake doesn't have the lightning bolt. a detail obscured until the more recent character shift.

Don't get me wrong I would be beyond happy if this was our final roster. and I'm all for positive thinking. but in the end, I'm more of a realist and something with this leak does not sit right with me. too many pieces feel out of place. and I feel we're about to be in for a world of hurt if we let ourselves believe this. more for the other fanbases than for us though. Geno is just kinda in a good place in all of this.

Edit: need to look into it further myself. but according to GameXplain, this new company people are saying he works for has no connections to the Grinch movie either. in which case, if he was working on the official thing. while working for this different company. why on earth is the Grinch there then?
I think this might just break it.
Wrong, that Grinch render of his back and that has been seen nowhere on the internet of the new movie. Plus WTF are you blind? There clearly is a lightning bolt. The clouds are a terrible way to debunk it. 1. It's blurry 2. Someone on YouTube found some of the same mistakes in the original that you consider "mistakes" and 3. Lastly, if they changed it during E3 why can't change now? Saying it changed a little bit is still fake is a poor counter-argument.

It's just too ridiculous to be fake at this point. Too many separate rabbit holes. It's more believable that we actually DID get what we want rather than the tale of the supposed mastermind faker.
Ikr? This guy isn't a mastermind lol, he let his name get leaked. Oh and this is a PRINTING company not a design company. People are assuming he drew or edit it when all they do is print.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The worst part is, there's going to be two more weeks of this until everyone can rest. Come on Direct, just happen, I have three icons just begging to be removed from the sig...

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm kind of annoyed about this whole situation. Let's say that your favorite character wasn't in this leak, right? The moment you laid your eyes on the leak, the most likely response is to feel negative towards it. Once you feel negative about the leak, it will be easier to come to conclusions like it's fake, or this is wrong with it, and that's wrong with it. Why? Because you want it to be fake so bad so that your favorite character still has a chance. I feel like some people may be acting this way, and that's completely fine because it is just a normal reaction. But why I'd be annoyed is because there's a chance that people are criticizing this leak so much (like dissecting clouds) because they feel that their character is entitled to the game and are absolutely deserving to be in, so seeing a leak without their favorite character in is ridiculous in their eyes. I just hope people aren't thinking that way... JUST CAUSE YOU WANT A CHARACTER DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE ENTITLED TO BE IN SMASH!
Seriously people need to look outside their entitled minds and look at the community as a whole wants or the merits of a characters. This leak being real means that we are getting 5 unique characters, when before we thought there were only 2 left. Not only that three of them are highly requested, one of which takes Smash characters to whole new level by being owned by a rival console. You might not be personally be interested in any of them, but you can at least look and acknowledge that it is a good final 5 characters.
Even if your favorite character didn't get in, there is always DLC.

Even worse is I have seen people wanting this leak to be fake not because their favorite character isn't in it, but because a character they don't like is in it (mainly Shadow, CK, and Geno). Shadow probably only took 2 days to make, CK are from a franchise that is very popular in Japan and doesn't have a rep, and Geno is highly requested character that even Sakurai wants, you might not like him but the community as whole does, the world doesn't revolve around you.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
It's a printing company. Not a design company. I find very hard to believe some guy was able to video record him waving his camera around the full roster banner with no one around. And the fact that its blurry is an even bigger red flag. Why did the friend share the screenshot with the absolute worse quality? Snapchat cameras are not that ****. Anyone that thinks that needs to pull out their phones and look at it.

Everything seems way too suspicious for it to be real.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how the timing of this leak coincided with the debunking of Sassy Geno. Although I'm sure we'll find a way to make Sassy Geno live on if/when he's revealed in ultimate, I feel like that whole experience is a bit of a microcosm of what the whole Smash community is experiencing right now. I was always skeptical of the Sassy Geno image, but I really wanted it to be real. I think a lot of people are feeling that way with this Grinch leak.

I know this might sound weird but as much as I'd be excited for all those characters, I kinda can't help but worry about that French print shop. I mean there are a bunch of legitimate designers and technicians working there that probably couldn't care less about Smash, and a huge leak like this could affect a lot of jobs if the company loses major clients or receives legal repercussions.

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
It was literally confirmed one, both of them lol. Like I said before your making assumptions that it isn't or he is some sort if sort of fake artist like Artsy omni. Anyways just wait until November because it's literally a matter of time before it's proven real or fake. Before someone says it why would he risk his job for a real leak? Same could be said if it was fake. Not a good way to debunk lol.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It's a printing company. Not a design company. I find very hard to believe some guy was able to video record him waving his camera around the full roster banner with no one around. And the fact that its blurry is an even bigger red flag. Why did the friend share the screenshot with the absolute worse quality? Snapchat cameras are not that ****. Anyone that thinks that needs to pull out their phones and look at it.

Are you on iOS or Android? Snapchat uses a particularly ****ty, decade-old camera API on Android for some reason.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
Also in regards to doubting someone being able to wave around a camera and film in the workplace, I 100% believe that anyone could. I work in a pretty uptight office building with a hellish HR and people get away with insane stuff all the time.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

The problem with that argument is that you're assuming a lot of the details (not trying to start a big argument or anything). Anyway, people could have been around when the picture was taken, but at the same time maybe the leaker was alone. We don't know. The fact that it's blurry does not serve as evidence because you're only thinking about Snapchat's camera quality, but not the quality of the leaker's camera. Whenever my camera gets smudged Snapchat pics are always very blurry, and even when I clean it the quality is still blurry so it can possibly depend on the type of phone. All I'm trying to say is, we don't know the circumstances around the picture being taken so it's best not to take any sides (team real, team fake) and Nintendo has been very quiet on their end lately so our only choice is to wait for more information.

Last edited:

Laszyking456

Smash Apprentice
Say that to square enix lol.

The problem with that argument is that you're assuming a lot of the details (not trying to start a big argument or anything). Anyway, people could have been around when the picture was taken, but at the same time maybe the leaker was alone. We don't know. The fact that it's blurry does not serve as evidence because you're only thinking about Snapchat's camera quality, but not the quality of the leaker's camera. Whenever my camera gets smudged Snapchat pics are always very blurry, and even when I clean it the quality is still blurry so it can possibly depend on the type of phone. All I'm trying to say is, we don't know the circumstances around the picture being taken so it's best not to take any sides (team real, team fake) and Nintendo has been very quiet on their end lately so our only choice is to wait for more information.
My exact thoughts. Let's end this argument and wait for a direct.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At it will probably be determined the same way too

The next character reveal

Shulk was the smoking gun for team real on esrb (well actually the leaked videos)

Any of the 7 reveal and in the right spot (or close) it’s over it’s real

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Wrong, that Grinch render of his back and that has been seen nowhere on the internet of the new movie. Plus WTF are you blind? There clearly is a lightning bolt. The clouds are a terrible way to debunk it. 1. It's blurry 2. Someone on YouTube found some of the same mistakes in the original that you consider "mistakes" and 3. Lastly, if they changed it during E3 why can't change now? Saying it changed a little bit is still fake is a poor counter-argument.

Ikr? This guy isn't a mastermind lol, he let his name get leaked. Oh and this is a PRINTING company not a design company. People are assuming he drew or edit it when all they do is print.

My problem with the Grinch stuff is since we know for a fact that he isn't working for the first company we thought.
which is the one that works on the grinch. and the company we are now saying he works for isn't working on the grinch. how on earth do we explain the grinch material being in the picture in the first place? he couldn't have just brought old work material to his new place if he hasn't worked there for 2 years. they wouldn't have even been working on grinch promotion that far back.

Yes the picture is blurry. but that doesn't mean you can't see any of the differences. the F example is a bit trickier to see. but A is a more clear difference. a blur isn't gonna add an extra tail to a cloud. also things like the crystals and the completely absent temple are very clearly different. and if it's just gonna be blocked off by characters why would they feel the need to edit it?

what is this youtube video you're talking about I haven't seen examples of changes in the background yet. as far as I can tell the background has stayed the same. and I see no real reason to why they would have such drastic changes to the background as a missing temple. it's more then just clouds.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mean when you consider the pros and cons of this leak, I don’t know how you can possibly think there’s some undeniable reality:

Pros:
-Appears to be an actually printed item
-The renders for the new characters haven’t been found
-Characters moved around to accommodate new characters without too much issue, including the reuniting of the Mii Fighters
-PapaGenos insider
-Effort involved? (I’m giving this one though I just think it’s kind of a fact)

Cons:
-Extremely blurry image
-Background does not consistently match up with previous material showing the blank Battlefield
-The company Eric Bricard supposedly works for has no known connection to Bandai Namco or the Grinch marketing. Only Ubisoft, which again, is a fellow French company
-The real Eric Bricard has been contacted and supposedly knows nothing of the situation
-The original company claims that Eric Bricard has not worked for them since 2016
-Spawnwave’s insider
-Sakurai said don’t expect too many newcomers
-Sakurai said they might have been trigger happy and were slowing down the pace of reveals

Super Conveninet Stuff:
-Stills from a Snapchat video. So the original video no longer exists
-A Chadendorf post from a month ago that can’t possibly be connected or disconnected due to anonymity
-Supposed people who saw the SnapChat, but no proof
-A supposed graphic designer can’t fully obscure his name, which leads to a breadcrumb trail
-NDAs, NDAs everywhere apparently

Yeah, when I look at this, I just don’t understand why we’re even considering the leak anymore. There’s too much against it for anybody to be certain of it, and while you could potentially explain away every single negative or element, it requires so many leaps of logic, active decisions against known facts and statements, and waving away little things that it starts to feel absurd.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about that leak? Geno is almost certainly playable in Smash; fake or real. That's all we need to know.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Backgrounds have changed since E3. Sakurai has lied about roster size before. And if he leaked it; why oh why would Eric tell the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom