• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone06

Smash Ace
This whole day has been really bizarre. Fantastic, but bizarre.

I'm definitely on Team Real. I think this is one of those rare instances where a disgruntled worker wanted to get revenge, or someone with mental issues was in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time.

Like seriously, what kind of dumb**** leaks something from Nintendo, fails to cover up their name, assumes nothing would get traced back to them even if their name was fully covered, and has the balls to insult Nintendo while doing it?

This French boi is gonna get ****ed by Nintendo ninjas so damn hard.
I hate that I'm saying this, but I'm starting to believe it more. It's something Nintendo can't account for. It could have just been an innocent snap, but someone leaked it. The picture is blurry because the mural is far back in the picture, that does make sense now. I still have my reservations, but this COULD be real, and I think that's the first time I've said that for an Ultimate leak.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I hate that I'm saying this, but I'm starting to believe it more. It's something Nintendo can't account for. It could have just been an innocent snap, but someone leaked it. The picture is blurry because the mural is far back in the picture, that does make sense now. I still have my reservations, but this COULD be real, and I think that's the first time I've said that for an Ultimate leak.
It's also printed on a teeny-tiny, possibly felt-like material armband, and you can't expect something like that to be high quality.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I honestly don’t think that Geno will get a full CGI trailer, as much as I’d absolutely love that.

I personally believe that they’re going to go a bit of a different route with the announcements of Geno, Mach Rider, and the Chorus Kids, regarding a specific distinction that they all share.

If they really want to keep Sakurai’s word of “don’t expect too many newcomers”, they could be given the separate distinction of “planned” or “lost” fighters, one each between Melee, Brawl, and Wii U. Fighters that don’t technically count as newcomers to them as they were supposed to be in the game years ago, but various limitations prevented them from happening in their respective games. But now, with Ultinate, they’re given a second chance so that everyone can truly be included.

So technically, if they want to be “cute” about it, we have two newcomers left, two new echoes, and three surprise “lost” fighters.
I mean, part of the reason Geno's been considered in the past is because of the requests for him, unlike Mach Rider and Chorus Kids, who were just ideas Sakurai came up with.

Geno was the only Mii Costume to get a special announcement and splash screen. I can see him getting similar treatment if he's announced for Ultimate.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
In what world do you think you're going to hear about a him getting sued within 12 hours of the pictures being spread? Do you know how slow the legal process is?
With the exception of pissing off the IRS, not immediate.

I'm on team....cautiously optimistic, but...I dunno. I don't think I buy it.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will admit this leaks favors more the "real" team than the "fake" team. The supporting evidence, where the leak came and the other items in the photo makes this very compelling. If it is true and is confirmed via Nintendo Direct ... "Enter the screaming Fan-Boy"

This is coming from the guy who bought that Geno shirt ... love it.

Oh god the Amiibo scarce.....

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
ah best friends will always be from Five Guys for me, but I like cajun seasoning. Then again, that's not exactly fast food, so I think Wendy's has the best fries when they have enough salt among fast food places.
I have a Nancy Jo's and a Five Guys in my town, and I am very torn as to which burger I think is better.

*EDIT* We're talking fries and I am actually dumb. That said both places make fresh fries, so I'm torn on fries too.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About this mural leak...

I found Shadow between Toon Link and Link.

I found Banjo-Kazooie between Daisy and Snake.

I found Isaac between Lucario and Little Mac.

I found Ken between Yoshi and Samus.

I found Mach Rider between Inkling and Rosalina.

I found Chorus Kids between Villager and Pokémon Trainer.

I found Geno between Pac-Man and Jigglypuff.

Geno looks... small... like he's probably around Ness's size. I guess it makes sense considering he's a doll.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Can someone please tell me who Spawn Wave is and why I should care about his take on the leak? The general discussion thread is more unbearable than usual today

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
smash ultimate true ending: the leak was just a promotional stunt for the new grinch movie

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Can someone please tell me who Spawn Wave is and why I should care about his take on the leak? The general discussion thread is more unbearable than usual today
Youtube channel that discusses rumours about gaming in general. I've seen a couple of his videos, that he calls a "Rumour Wave," where he discusses details of upcoming releases and other information he's heard through sources and rumours. Apparently he has a pretty good track record, but I can't really confirm or deny that.

smash ultimate true ending: the leak was just a promotional stunt for the new grinch movie
The darkest timeline...

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I made a quick research, here's what i found:

"The Mach Rider appeared in the arcade sequel to Mach Rider, Vs. Mach Rider. Each time the player completed a level, an image was gradually revealed of a woman with a dagger standing next to Mach Rider's bike. It is unclear whether this is meant to represent Mach Rider's true identity, or if she is a survivor in the gated community of the resistance, as the only plot text in the game describes the 10 mission scenarios and she is not present in the NES original. "

So yeah, my bad, we're not sure about her identity. :laugh:

Anyway, I would be more than really happy with this leak being correct. But, do we have any real reason to believe it ?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
About this mural leak...

I found Shadow between Toon Link and Link.

I found Banjo-Kazooie between Daisy and Snake.

I found Isaac between Lucario and Little Mac.

I found Ken between Yoshi and Samus.

I found Mach Rider between Inkling and Rosalina.

I found Chorus Kids between Villager and Pokémon Trainer.

I found Geno between Pac-Man and Jigglypuff.

Geno looks... small... like he's probably around Ness's size. I guess it makes sense considering he's a doll.
That would make sense for Geno, after all, he would be around Ness and close to Mario’s height.

Oh god the Amiibo scarce.....
I don’t wanna think about it, but I have been saving some money, so if he gets put on EBay, I’ll guess I’ll buy him. :urg:
Even if I don’t want to, I guess I’ll have no other choice, so R.I.P. wallet...

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Saw this somewhere, and to me it kinda made sense:

64 - Banjo & Kazooie
Melee - Mach Rider
Brawl - Geno
4 - Chorus Kids

It would be a lineup of fighters that were considered for these games, but ultimately haha ended up not making it in.

Dan

Smash Lord
Saw this somewhere, and to me it kinda made sense:

64 - Banjo & Kazooie
Melee - Mach Rider
Brawl - Geno
4 - Chorus Kids

It would be a lineup of fighters that were considered for these games, but ultimately haha ended up not making it in.
James Bond tho?

Rhmbus

Smash Rookie
I feel like this would be a good place to post this geno thing I did in the style of the banner art

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a Nancy Jo's and a Five Guys in my town, and I am very torn as to which burger I think is better.

*EDIT* We're talking fries and I am actually dumb. That said both places make fresh fries, so I'm torn on fries too.
Five Guy's is so saturated in grease the bun disintegrates by the time I take it home

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
As far as I can tell about the leak, it either is the real deal or an elaborate fake (if that's the case I would commend whoever did it for putting in the effort). Regardless, with Isaac, Banjo and the Chorus Kids (since I love the Rhythm Heaven series) also in the mix...

And what happened then? Well in the internet they say,
This Geno fan's hype grew three sizes that day.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
As far as I can tell about the leak, it either is the real deal or an elaborate fake (if that's the case I would commend whoever did it for putting in the effort). Regardless, with Isaac, Banjo and the Chorus Kids (since I love the Rhythm Heaven series) also in the mix...

And what happened then? Well in the internet they say,
This Geno fan's hype grew three sizes that day.
I lost the original Instagram image. Can someone post it again without all the little outlines? I wanna see how well the other characters match the existing characters and the way they're drawn.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Holy cow, this thread's going at light speed! Though I guess in that case, the General Thread's been going at ludicrous speed all day...
I honestly don't know how to feel about this leak. On one hand, the characters all make sense for Sakurai to pick (Banjo, Isaac, and Geno have extreme popularity, Mach Rider, Geno, and Chorus Kids were all considered by Sakurai at one point, and Ken and Shadow are basically obligatory picks for Echoes), and if it is fake, it would require an unprecedented amount of effort on the part of the creator to put the image together and come up with a convincing backstory to it. On the other hand, it is yet another blurry image leak, and 7 more characters with only a month until release just doesn't sit well with me, especially since it directly contradicts what Sakurai has said about how many reveals to expect. I mean, how, realistically, would they manage to fit 7 reveals into the span of 44 days, even if 2 of them are Echoes? Forgive me, but I don't see it happening. I think I'm leaning slightly towards Team Fake on this one, but... I dunno. It's inconclusive.
That said, either way it ends up going, I do appreciate this leak just for lifting the speculation scene from the one-note stupor of "Verg-Box-Kencineroar" discussion we've been stuck in since Isabelle's reveal. This leak just raised the bar for all future leaks, real or fake.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
If this leak is true and we do get 5 unique characters. Maybe Sakurai was purposely tempering expectations about the game not having too many new fighters, only to drop 5 in one direct and surprise everyone.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I didn't believe we'd get more than 2-3 characters, but I very much so believe this. 7 characters before launch? Weirder things have happened. Sakurai is full of surprises.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1540423405559.gif

I found this GIF showing inconsistencies in the background

Don't go full on trusting this image

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I said this in another thread, Nintendo took too damn long to release the next direct. We should have had something in early October with some or all these characters revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom