• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It makes me wonder if Bowser is going to make any statements on the DLC and what might be happening.

... Hmm.

Crap, uh.

I think Bowser is going to be the second, third, fourth, and fifth DLC fighter.

No one new. It's just Bowser. It's his time.
Sorry, but I just have to link this.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Do you guys think Bowsetta will ever be canon?
Well, we have had Bowletta and that concept in Odyssey before any of the Bowsette stuff happened, so I think it's more likely than some would give it credit for. Though, I think that it would be less Nintendo canonizing her and more acknowledging that it was a thing through a very similar substitute. They won't fem up Bowser(Especially not through the Super Crown), but I could see them pulling other ways of getting the same result.
I would prefer her or him over Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart.
Wouldn't we all?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Man, unrelated to the current discussion, but...

I wish it was easier for Geno's fans to co-exist with other people, you know? I think that's part of what makes this speculation cycle so hard on us. Yeah, we have loud and obnoxious fans who need to cool down. Yes, there are Geno fans who overtake boards with some awful stuff. That said, we're not all bad, and it's horrible to just so much as briefly mention liking Geno and getting severely burned as a result.

What the hell even happened? What's wrong with just... liking a character and letting people like a character? Someone isn't automatically a terrible person just because they like a character you don't. Look at the Steve fans who actually are sweet people and aren't obnoxious, disgusting, "LOL GURL BANJO'S FANS SUCK, STEVE RULEZ, YOU'RE DELUSIONAL IF YOU LIKE BANJO, SIS?" They get dogged because of the terrible fan base, even though not every Steve fan is like that. Heck, lemme just cite TheCJBrine TheCJBrine here, who is probably one of the nicest Steve fans, if not the nicest, I've ever come across. They're the example of a fan of Steve who gets unfairly mistreated due to their character preference.

Just... let us like our characters. We'll let you like yours. That's fine. Is it really that hard? Do Geno's fans have to be mocked and bullied literally everywhere on the internet when not all of them are disgusting? Holy moly. Just... let us be, and we'll let you be. Those who don't let you be are the bad apples, and those are the ones who should be ignored.

It's sad when even liking SMRPG and anything its associated with now immediately gets you harassed. Smash culture has just ruined SMRPG for a lot of people now, whether it's from Geno's worse fans or from Geno's huge hate base. It's... just sad.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I wish it was easier for Geno's fans to co-exist with other people, you know? I think that's part of what makes this speculation cycle so hard on us. Yeah, we have loud and obnoxious fans who need to cool down. Yes, there are Geno fans who overtake boards with some awful stuff. That said, we're not all bad, and it's horrible to just so much as briefly mention liking Geno and getting severely burned as a result.

What the hell even happened? What's wrong with just... liking a character and letting people like a character? Someone isn't automatically a terrible person just because they like a character you don't. Look at the Steve fans who actually are sweet people and aren't obnoxious, disgusting, "LOL GURL BANJO'S FANS SUCK, STEVE RULEZ, YOU'RE DELUSIONAL IF YOU LIKE BANJO, SIS?" They get dogged because of the terrible fan base, even though not every Steve fan is like that. Heck, lemme just cite TheCJBrine TheCJBrine here, who is probably one of the nicest Steve fans, if not the nicest, I've ever come across. They're the example of a fan of Steve who gets unfairly mistreated due to their character preference.

Just... let us like our characters. We'll let you like yours. That's fine. Is it really that hard? Do Geno's fans have to be mocked and bullied literally everywhere on the internet when not all of them are disgusting? Holy moly. Just... let us be, and we'll let you be. Those who don't let you be are the bad apples, and those are the ones who should be ignored.

It's sad when even liking SMRPG and anything its associated with now immediately gets you harassed. Smash culture has just ruined SMRPG for a lot of people now, whether it's from Geno's worse fans or from Geno's huge hate base. It's... just sad.
People generalize. People remember the bad more then the good even if the good happens more often. It's the internet, where it's easy to become detached and forget that there is a person behind the posts that are made. And it's all pretty unavoidable. Everyone is victim to this, including you and me.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of it has to do with the fact that we're the oldest and biggest fanbase that isn't out of the running and still cares. So many characters were knocked out of the running either by being assist trophies or being deconfirmed by their respective creators that it's kind of hard to be super invested in DLC speculation outside a handful of characters.

D

Deleted member

People generalize. People remember the bad more that the good even if the good happens more often. It's the internet, where it's easy to become detached and forget that there is a person behind the posts that are made. And it's all pretty unavoidable. Everyone is victim to this, including you and me.
Yup.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ya know what, no, no negative posting from me today. Hate bases suck, but let's focus on all the potential Geno and Mallow have for the future!

What if Geno came back to Mallow having ascended to King of Nimbus Land? I saw this idea floating around yesterday and I thought that was so awesome. He'd be so proud of him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ya know what, no, no negative posting from me today. Hate bases suck, but let's focus on all the potential Geno and Mallow have for the future!

What if Geno came back to Mallow having ascended to King of Nimbus Land? I saw this idea floating around yesterday and I thought that was so awesome. He'd be so proud of him.
I imagine it would make going out on an adventure a bit difficult unless he pulls what Peach did.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

How likely is it that the two will get to show up in Fortune Street? That seems like the best chance for a comeback after Smash.

I would prefer her or him over Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart.
Well, we have had Bowletta and that concept in Odyssey before any of the Bowsette stuff happened, so I think it's more likely than some would give it credit for. Though, I think that it would be less Nintendo canonizing her and more acknowledging that it was a thing through a very similar substitute. They won't fem up Bowser(Especially not through the Super Crown), but I could see them pulling other ways of getting the same result.

Wouldn't we all?
Except that one user who tries to find solo PGP fan art, anyway. More power to them though.

People generalize. People remember the bad more that the good even if the good happens more often. It's the internet, where it's easy to become detached and forget that there is a person behind the posts that are made. And it's all pretty unavoidable. Everyone is victim to this, including you and me.
You know, as much as 4Chan can very often be a cesspool, at least people forget whatever stupid thing you did, because most users have anonymity. Meanwhile users here have trouble shaking off mistakes that were made. Which most likely happened in the general thread, not the best place to post in here...

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Y’know, I do have to say that despite being a Geno fan, the Geno fanbase has all around had the most unpleasant experiences I’ve had with the Smash fandom (beyond a certain individual I won’t name).

But there’s also a **** ton of cool people so it balances out (you guys know who you are... I hope!)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Y’know, I do have to say that despite being a Geno fan, the Geno fanbase has all around had the most unpleasant experiences I’ve had with the Smash fandom (beyond a certain individual I won’t name).

But there’s also a **** ton of cool people so it balances out (you guys know who you are... I hope!)
Man, that's so sad. I'm really sorry that some Geno fans made things an awful experience for you. I know there are quite a few who are absolutely irritating and toxic. That's just not cool. That being said, every fandom has its bad apples. Geno's just... happen to be really loud. Yikes.

Hopefully some of us have made your experience at least that much better, though! :drflip: (Hopefully, I'm one of the cool ones, eheheh.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man, that's so sad. I'm really sorry that some Geno fans made things an awful experience for you. I know there are quite a few who are absolutely irritating and toxic. That's just not cool. That being said, every fandom has its bad apples. Geno's just... happen to be really loud. Yikes.

Hopefully some of us have made your experience at least that much better, though! :drflip: (Hopefully, I'm one of the cool ones, eheheh.)
Yeah, it goes a bit beyond toxicity, but I won’t go into detail. There are definitely bad apples too.

Of course you’re cool, nobody who likes ducks can be uncool.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, it goes a bit beyond toxicity, but I won’t go into detail. There are definitely bad apples too.

Of course you’re cool, nobody who likes ducks can be uncool.
Eesh, that sounds... scary. If you ever need someone to talk to about all of that, my lines are always open, a'ight?

Also ducks are perfect creatures and only those worthy enough are allowed to behold their beauty :mad088:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Is there still a lot of hope for Geno around here? I still think he's got a chance. As much as this would seem impossible, I think he could be included even if another Square character is announced beforehand.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Is there still a lot of hope for Geno around here? I still think he's got a chance. As much as this would seem impossible, I think he could be included even if another Square character is announced beforehand.
You know what? I'm feeling particularly optimistic right now, and not even just about his chances. I think there is still hope, and honestly, even if he doesn't make it this time, it's not the end. It's never the end. The fandom will always keep him alive, and considering SMRPG is getting nods and cameos again, even Nintendo is striving to keep this game's legacy alive.

I'm really happy that SMRPG still has a future, even if only a small one, and its legacy is never going to die. I'm pumped. We've gotta keep this train going, and I know that we can. We can also show the world the positive light of the Geno fandom, and that we have a lot of really cool people here who respect other peoples' choices and opinions. I understand why a lot of people aren't huge on the character himself, being I was on the opposing side of the spectrum myself, and that's okay.

Let's keep our love alive and be respectful to people, alright? Let's do our best.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know what? I'm feeling particularly optimistic right now, and not even just about his chances. I think there is still hope, and honestly, even if he doesn't make it this time, it's not the end. It's never the end. The fandom will always keep him alive, and considering SMRPG is getting nods and cameos again, even Nintendo is striving to keep this game's legacy alive.

I'm really happy that SMRPG still has a future, even if only a small one, and its legacy is never going to die. I'm pumped. We've gotta keep this train going, and I know that we can. We can also show the world the positive light of the Geno fandom, and that we have a lot of really cool people here who respect other peoples' choices and opinions. I understand why a lot of people aren't huge on the character himself, being I was on the opposing side of the spectrum myself, and that's okay.

Let's keep our love alive and be respectful to people, alright? Let's do our best.
We should celebrate soon, March 9th is almost here... A certain game will be 23 years old.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

This! Let's keep our love for Geno, Mallow, and Super Mario RPG alive. We can't forget that it's still one of the best games ever. :)
I hope these Yoshis starve.

Whoever made the Boshi race needs a kick in the ***.
It was Boshi who made the race...

But this guy put Boshi up to it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think so too but I think that's one aspect that I think gets a lot of people down. We're still probably at most 9 months from knowing the rest of the DLC and that's if there's only one season. There will probably be a news dump at E3 but then it will likely be months before anything else. Joker still has another month and a half to go and we don't even know if a second character will be announced before then so it's a long and largely barren news cycle. I too also believe it's only over when it's confirmed over but "the end" could be more than a year away for all we know.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
We should celebrate soon, March 9th is almost here... A certain game will be 23 years old.
That's right!! I was going to initiate a letter deluge to Nintendo on that day for Operation Starfall, but none of our stuff is quite ready enough for that yet. We're still working on a website and everything. Alas, we likely won't be doing that... but I'd love to do something else to celebrate.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do you guys think Bowsette will ever be canon?
I kinda want Princess Koopa (Princess peach as a koopa) to become a thing first… I feel it would serve a more interesting plot, plus she is cute as hell haha.
Dhdqn7hWsAIt5ZN.jpg

D

Deleted member

Eesh, that sounds... scary. If you ever need someone to talk to about all of that, my lines are always open, a'ight?

Also ducks are perfect creatures and only those worthy enough are allowed to behold their beauty :mad088:
Ovaltine wishes she was a duck confirmed

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Honestly I think there’s hope for a lot of characters at the moment. It’s just that most support threads have discussed all the possible theories we currently have to death at the moment. And we will probably not get any real updates till mid-end of March.

It’s honestly why I haven’t posted too much in the Ninten thread lately since there’s not much more that I can throw at the wall at the moment.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I kinda want Princess Koopa (Princess peach as a koopa) to become a thing first… I feel it would serve a more interesting plot, plus she is cute as hell haha.
I think that is what Nintendo would do if they were to try out the Bowsette idea, though I get the feeling that the character would be more like Bowsette in appearance, as that is the thing that gained such massive traction. There is certainly a lot of story potential in a Peach that had Bowser's tendencies.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if a mini direct airs that details 3.0.0 on March 8th and it reveals Geno as the second DLC character, it would be like a "Happy 23rd anniversary Geno!" that right there would 100% Make me hype for the DLC again.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe I have been frequenting TV Tropes way to much for a while now, but I am surprised Geno has not been put into the TV Tropes Pantheon yet.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Imagine if a mini direct airs that details 3.0.0 on March 8th and it reveals Geno as the second DLC character, it would be like a "Happy 23rd anniversary Geno!" that right there would 100% Make me hype for the DLC again.
Hey, LISTEN! That sounds awesome! They reveal Geno on March 8, right before SMRPG's 23rd birthday and he isn't released until May 13, the North American release date of SMRPG. A character reveal could happen before Joker's release, and I don't see why not. I mean, it's not like the 2nd character will be released before Joker, they'll be released after. Anything's possible. Here's my assumption on all the characters' release dates:

1. Joker - Revealed on December 6, 2018 and released sometime in April.
2. Character #2 - Revealed on March 8, 2019 and released on May 13, 2019.
3. Character #3 - Revealed on June 12, 2019 and released on August 7, 2019.
4. Character #4 - Revealed on September 18, 2019 and released on November 20, 2019.
5. Character #5 - Revealed on December 5, 2019 and released in February 2020.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't take the anniversary too serious due to how much Nintendo did for SMRPG when its 20th anniversary came. To me reviving good characters is enough, but seeing NIntendo doing any big celebration for SMRPG is less likely. Paper Mario anniversary might get some chances.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well so am I, I thought basically everyone was in the TV Tropes Pantheon.
Not everyone. In fact, the Mario RPG franchises only have Tippi and Count Bleck(Morality Chain), Dimentio(Villainous Utopia Desire), Fawful(Intentional Engrish is Funny), Antasma(Monstrous Bats), and the Pure Hearts and Chaos Heart are among the treasures.

Link to Mario Pantheon page for anyone who is curious:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Pantheon/SuperMarioBros

Edit: Fixed some errors.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm telling you guys, you better be ready for when Erdrick has been leakbait the whole time and Sora/Geno get in.

Seriously, we were told that Sora was out and that Geno was likely leakbait, but wouldn't it make more sense for Erdrick to be leakbait? For the character that most of the US doesn't want or even know of to be faked for DLC? To convince us that the future is dreary only to slap us across the face with another crazy hype reveal?

I'm convinced that we will get a hype reveal for Challenger Pack 2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a topic of conversation: lots of people are arguing that the Yoshi's Crafted World reference to Yo'ster Isle and Yoshi Cookie Rings are not a reference to SMRPG but to SMW and the game Yoshi Cookies. Their reasoning is that, in Japanese, Yoshi's Island was always called Yo'ster Isle but it was Yoshi's Island here in the West, this it's a reference to two games that Yoshi was a big part of rather than SMRPG.

My argument here is, if it was always Yoshi's Island in English except for that SINGLE ONE TIME with SMRPG calling it Yo'ster Isle in English, and the easter egg is in English, wouldn't it say 'Yoshi's Island' instead of 'Yo'ster Isle'? Doesn't the fact that it says 'Yo'ster Isle' in English make it a reference to SMRPG?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, new interview from Sakurai.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...sing-bosses-and-spirits-new-stages-much-more/

Dude is a legend and we don't deserve him. He had something wrong with him similar to food poisoning, and he just slapped on an IV drip and went to work.

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm telling you guys, you better be ready for when Erdrick has been leakbait the whole time and Sora/Geno get in.

Seriously, we were told that Sora was out and that Geno was likely leakbait, but wouldn't it make more sense for Erdrick to be leakbait? For the character that most of the US doesn't want or even know of to be faked for DLC? To convince us that the future is dreary only to slap us across the face with another crazy hype reveal?

I'm convinced that we will get a hype reveal for Challenger Pack 2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a topic of conversation: lots of people are arguing that the Yoshi's Crafted World reference to Yo'ster Isle and Yoshi Cookie Rings are not a reference to SMRPG but to SMW and the game Yoshi Cookies. Their reasoning is that, in Japanese, Yoshi's Island was always called Yo'ster Isle but it was Yoshi's Island here in the West, this it's a reference to two games that Yoshi was a big part of rather than SMRPG.

My argument here is, if it was always Yoshi's Island in English except for that SINGLE ONE TIME with SMRPG calling it Yo'ster Isle in English, and the easter egg is in English, wouldn't it say 'Yoshi's Island' instead of 'Yo'ster Isle'? Doesn't the fact that it says 'Yo'ster Isle' in English make it a reference to SMRPG?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, new interview from Sakurai.

https://nintendoeverything.com/saku...sing-bosses-and-spirits-new-stages-much-more/

Dude is a legend and we don't deserve him. He had something wrong with him similar to food poisoning, and he just slapped on an IV drip and went to work.
I honestly don’t think Brave is gonna be our Square rep, BUT I 100% agree with you on Erdrick. Ever since I heard about him something just seemed... Off... About it. The last time I felt something off about a leak was the banner leak and everyone told me I was delusional for thinking characters were missing from it and I was basically coerced into believing it just to save face.

Now I see people that I 100% know were on team real claiming to be team fake and man. Is it THAT hard to admit you’re wrong? Jeez...

And yeah I think Yoster Isle is an SMRPG reference.

D

Deleted member

Also just FYI about the Theory of a Mini Direct airing and revealing Geno on the 8th my intention wasn't that it was a theory but more something that I would love to see happen, I don't have faith in it happening at all in fact I would bet against it happening but if it did happen I would be so happy cause that really would be awesome.

Just don't hold your breath for it to happen as it seems really unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom