• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Cause if it's Erdrick; It's not going to be a pleasant surprise. I'd rather be let down easy by Polar, a Geno fan, over Nintendo who doesn't give a **** about my feelings.
There's tons of characters that could be unpleasant surprises. It could be anyone, just like there could be no reveal, which might be a bit disappointing. It could be fun to see what shows up in any case too.

Well, do your best, hope you get to enjoy it some in any case :)

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Why not just enjoy the direct and look to be surprised by any reveal?

You could also just set yourself to expect no character reveal, as a basis to enjoy the general info. (if you need to clear your mind)
If I were anyone, I'd just wait and watch it myself. If it really is Geno, I hope Polar doesn't even say anything at all because there are going to be people from this thread watching it live and would rather be surprised than completely spoiled. Spoiling someone like Banjo or Geno at the end of a Direct is like spoiling the finale of a hit movie.

I'd rather be disappointed in something unimportant than something important, like a rejection or family death, because those are worse and more powerful feelings than feeling the disappointment of a video game presentation. As I said before, I'd just wait and see.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If I were anyone, I'd just wait and watch it myself. If it really is Geno, I hope Polar doesn't even say anything at all because there are going to be people from this thread watching it live and would rather be surprised than completely spoiled. Spoiling someone like Banjo or Geno at the end of a Direct is like spoiling the finale of a hit movie.

I'd rather be disappointed in something unimportant than something important, like a rejection or family death, because those are worse and more powerful feelings than feeling the disappointment of a video game presentation. As I said before, I'd just wait and see.
I at least want to know if it's Erdrick or not. Cause I honestly would debate even watching if it was Erdrick. It would be ****ing humiliating.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
There's tons of characters that could be unpleasant surprises. It could be anyone, just like there could be no reveal, which might be a bit disappointing. It could be fun to see what shows up in any case too.

I think I know what could be guaranteed: I have a feeling they'll definitely show some Joker gameplay after they introduce his splash screen. For all we know, they could reveal Joker at the beginning of the Direct with his splash screen and show his gameplay there, just like what they did with Mewtwo for Smash 4 DLC. Maybe at the end of his gameplay compilation, they'll give us Joker's release date.
I at least want to know if it's Erdrick or not. Cause I honestly would debate even watching if it was Erdrick. It would be ****ing humiliating.
I understand.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, I was pretty grumpy earlier today, but I'm taking a deep breath and reminding myself that this isn't the end.

Smash has been doing amazingly. There could easily be more DLC on the horizon, and it looks more likely than unlikely. Things could always end at the first (and therefore only) pass, or it could go above and beyond. Sakurai stated he wanted to do as much as he could with Ultimate. The Switch has a long life ahead, so we'd not even get a Smash 6 for a long, long time anyway, whereas Sm4sh was at the very end of the Wii U's life cycle and didn't sell as well. Miscellaneous, individual DLC is being noted as a separate thing from Fighter's Pass, and we don't know if it'll be just PP that'll fit that bill. That gift option in the Ultimate menus still has no detail on it and has been left purposefully ambiguous. Nintendo has been putting Geno hugely on the forefront lately, even if mainly in promo images and other stuff.

I don't think it's the end for him. We really can't give up, or he definitely won't happen. Even if Erdrick is revealed tomorrow, we can't stop our voices. We need to keep the support alive.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If it helps any, Elma's VA Caitlin Glass recently tweeted about expecting good things, so it probably won't be Eddy.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If it helps any, Elma's VA Caitlin Glass recently tweeted about expecting good things, so it probably won't be Eddy.
How would that mean no Erdrick? Just trusting her word and perspective? How would we gather anything from that? Not antagonizing you for that view or anything, just curious.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How would that mean no Erdrick? Just trusting her word and perspective? How would we gather anything from that? Not antagonizing you for that view or anything, just curious.
Well, at the Elma thread, at least one poster inferred from that that her Tweet must hint at Elma coming.

It's flimsy reasoning, but what can you do, what isn't in this entire speculation?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno why you're telling me that, I want erdrick in :p
But anyway tons of people say things. im just gonna watch it and see for myself :)

I think I know what could be guaranteed: I have a feeling they'll definitely show some Joker gameplay after they introduce his splash screen. For all we know, they could reveal Joker at the beginning of the Direct with his splash screen and show his gameplay there, just like what they did with Mewtwo for Smash 4 DLC. Maybe at the end of his gameplay compilation, they'll give us Joker's release date.

I understand.
Well I definitely hope we get to see more of joker. Anything smash would satisfy me more than anything else. (But i still like nintendo stuff in general too, of course)

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I imagine they won't want to flood the DLC picks with JRPG reps.

*ignores the fact that Geno is from a JRPG*

EDIT: Then again five out of the seven picks from Smash For were from JRPGs.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Mfw we get our mii costume back.

Not at all expecting Geno to come in this dlc pack. Kind of hoping he gets mewtwo'd and thrown in at the end of all the dlc pack in a very early designed T pose. If we get him earlier than I'm all for it, but that's just my expectations regarding if Geno gets in. We gotta be vocal during the streams and express that we want geno. It certainly helped bring back Mewtwo

Attachments

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I dunno why you're telling me that, I want erdrick in :p
But anyway tons of people say things. im just gonna watch it and see for myself :)

Well I definitely hope we get to see more of joker. Anything smash would satisfy me more than anything else. (But i still like nintendo stuff in general too, of course)
For once, I just want this thread to not act like they've been backstabbed every time Geno's been apparently :ultrob:bed. It'd be good to at least shrug off defeat and simply strengthen resolve.

Me? I just want actual proof that SE actually does anything beyond "here, have :ultcloud:, now go away".

At least there's no ****er taunting people with a blurry character poster this time. This time people can actually be surprised.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I imagine they won't want to flood the DLC picks with JRPG reps.

*ignores the fact that Geno is from a JRPG*

EDIT: Then again five out of the seven picks from Smash For were from JRPGs.
You under estimate how popular those are in Japan. They have plenty of popular characters to do exactly that with.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For once, I just want this thread to not act like they've been backstabbed every time Geno's been apparently :ultrob:bed.

Me? I just want actual proof that SE actually does anything beyond "here, have :ultcloud:, now go away".

At least there's no ****** taunting people with a blurry character poster this time. This time people can actually be surprised.
I'm such a big fan of SE. there's so many of their characters I'd want in. It's very hard for me to be against one character or another. Obviously there's some I want more in than others tho.

tbh, I just want smash news, most of all.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
You under estimate how popular those are in Japan. They have plenty of popular characters to do exactly that with.
I'm sorta hoping the Square rep will be the last JRPG character in order to promote more variety, and hoping it's Geno of course.

But then I'm also pining for Banjo, Doomslayer, and the Chosen Undead as the final three reps.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, at the Elma thread, at least one poster inferred from that that her Tweet must hint at Elma coming.

It's flimsy reasoning, but what can you do, what isn't in this entire speculation?
I think Ovaltine is confused at the relation between Caitlin Glass and Erdrick. Why would Caitlin Glass deconfirm Erdrick with that statement? Does she have a hatred of DQ that I'm not aware of or something?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If there's Smash news I think it will be unexpected. Given how Square Enix has been treating Dragon Quest XI S (like, 4 or 5 special presentations in the last two months alone), it will probably get it's own separate Direct, which in my eyes would be the ideal time for an Erdrick reveal aside from the Tokyo Gameshow.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think Ovaltine is confused at the relation between Caitlin Glass and Erdrick. Why would Caitlin Glass deconfirm Erdrick with that statement? Does she have a hatred of DQ that I'm not aware of or something?
She voiced Elma.

She also voiced other games tho.

D

Deleted member

If there's Smash news I think it will be unexpected. Given how Square Enix has been treating Dragon Quest XI S (like, 4 or 5 special presentations in the last two months alone), it will probably get it's own separate Direct, which in my eyes would be the ideal time for an Erdrick reveal aside from the Tokyo Gameshow.
Interesting, Does that mean likely no Square rep will be shown? I imagine it would at least make it less likely and if one does show up like Geno it would be bad news for Erdrick.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yeah, I know that. Elma is actually one of my most wanteds.
I guess you meant that since there's probably an SE rep, elma wouldn't be 'instead' of one.

If they're going to announce DQ stuff then it's a pretty good time anyway. It's been a while since a direct, so lots of people will be watching anyway

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I also don't think Erdrick would be the Smash reveal tomorrow (if there is one) because a number of people have pointed out that NoA has hardcore been pushing this Direct instead of NoJ, pretty notable given how huge a DQ character joining Smash would be for Japan.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Thinking about it. It makes sense. SE seems like the type of company that will want people to know it's a SE character that they own. They wouldn't want it to share the spotlight with FE or anything like that

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
She voiced Elma.

She also voiced other games tho.
Honestly, even though I'm a real big Elma supporter, I'm leaning more towards it having to do with either an X port with added content, or a sequel. Smash isn't the most likely scenario, mainly because of the fact that Brave will probably be revealed next, and Brave's stats would not match up with Elma in the slightest. Mind you, I'd love to be proven wrong! Most likely, if any Smash news is seen, it will be Joker gameplay and maybe the reveal of who Brave is. Emphasis on maybe.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I also don't think Erdrick would be the Smash reveal tomorrow (if there is one) because a number of people have pointed out that NoA has hardcore been pushing this Direct instead of NoJ, pretty notable given how huge a DQ character joining Smash would be for Japan.
Ya right. The SE guys retweeting the direct are japanese.
Me thinks you're just trying to find stuff to boost your hopefulness for geno. well, maybe not.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Unless the S-E character isn't Erdrick at all
Also, two different notable japanese S-E employees retweeted the Direct. Although, none of them are closely tied to DQ.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That might mean....if there is one....it will be a western character choice. Is it finally going to be Geno's or Banjo's time?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Me thinks you're just trying to find stuff to boost your hopefulness for geno. well, maybe not.
Along with that, though, many NoA workers are promoting the Direct, yet we haven't seen the same of anyone working at NoJ.

I honestly think it's kind of a moot point to argue either way. It's getting hyped for some reason, but we don't know what.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's simple: everyone thinks Eddy could be next. If Elma is Brave, she'll be the second character instead of him. From what I understand, her source game has "brave" as a title for her, I guess.

At any rate, we finally don't have much longer to wait now, just near the next supper of tomorrow.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
It's simple: everyone thinks Eddy could be next. If Elma is Brave, she'll be the second character instead of him. From what I understand, her source game has "brave" as a title for her, I guess.
It's been a long as hell time since I played XCX, so I don't really know if that's true or not.

I don't really recall it.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Cause if it's Erdrick; It's not going to be a pleasant surprise. I'd rather be let down easy by Polar, a Geno fan, over Nintendo who doesn't give a **** about my feelings.
Come on now. Don't act so spoiled. If you're that scared of getting disappointed then just don't watch it. I swear, people take leaks for granted way too much.

You know how it went before leaks were in the vogue? Guess what, that's how you've got to deal with it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But, as others have pointed out, those people really aren't tied to Dragon Quest (although they're really heavily tied to older FF games) and Square has made a huge deal about every DQ XI S announcement since December in Japan. Square has been flailing its arms for even voice actor announcements for DQ XI S so why would they be stone quiet for DQ coming to Smash if the announcement was a day away?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Come on now. Don't act so spoiled. If you're that scared of getting disappointed then just don't watch it. I swear, people take leaks for granted way too much.

You know how it went before leaks were in the vogue? Guess what, that's how you've got to deal with it.
yeah, I was scared of the Grinch leak being false and verge being right about Isaac, but I still got up early to watch the November direct.

In the end, I ended up wishing I just slept it, lol, but hey, I gave it a chance atleast...

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

At any rate, we finally don't have much longer to wait now, just near the next supper of tomorrow.
As far as I can recall, Elma was never referred to as "brave" in any real significance to the game's plot or class system. Full Metal Jaguar or Reclaimer are two of her titles that I can think of. It's a huge reach to call Elma "brave" imo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But, as others have pointed out, those people really aren't tied to Dragon Quest (although they're really heavily tied to older FF games) and Square has made a huge deal about every DQ XI S announcement since December in Japan. Square has been flailing its arms for even voice actor announcements for DQ XI S so why would they be stone quiet for DQ coming to Smash if the announcement was a day away?
Because they're not supposed to talk about that stuff :p
It's something that there even are SE employees tweeting about it.

It's fine to speculate and everything, but really we dont know what's all going on.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I can recall, Elma was never referred to as "brave" in any real significance to the game's plot or class system. Full Metal Jaguar or Reclaimer are two of her titles that I can think of. It's a huge reach to call Elma "brave" imo.
Must have been the "bravery" speech then.

You're talking to a guy who has a vendetta against an old fart war crime denier who doesn't even know that he exists. So, I'm not sure reasoning with him will work. :drshrug:

I try to respect people's opinions and all, but I wouldn't try to argue their iron-clad views unless something comes that can debunk their fears.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Please be a Western character please be a western character*

* If there is a smash reveal.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You're talking to a guy who has a vendetta against an old fart war crime denier who doesn't even know that he exists. So, I'm not sure reasoning with him will work.
Sounds like he has an entitlement-fueled vendetta with Nintendo too, just because Geno isn't in, despite them still going above and beyond in so many ways with this game.

I mean, I get that Geno has backing, but it's not like he deserves some magical special treatment over other characters just because.

D

Deleted member

Please be Geno Please be Geno Please Be Geno

if there's an Announcement tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom