• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sephiroth: "The Smash invitation is only for the best of the best."
Geno: *Shoots Sephiroth and every other Square Enix character and obtains Smash invitation* "I serve a higher authority ****ers."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sephiroth: "The Smash invitation is only for the best of the best."
Geno: *Shoots Sephiroth and every other Square Enix character and obtains Smash invitation* "I serve a higher authority ****ers."
Sephiroth: *Goes One Winged Angel* "I already am the higher authority."
Geno: "I am having a serious case of Déjà vu."

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
Nice profile pic. You have really good taste.
Thank you! Likewise to you haha. Coincidence, i dunno! Rosalina is my favorite character of all time and SMRPG is one of my favorite games of all time, so I try to keep it consistent! :)

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Datboigeno Datboigeno

Was that your pit I just faced now as my ganon? If so gg, glad I finally found another person from here in a match.

If not well...damn.
Nah I main Megaman and I haven’t been able to play today because I live in Seattle aka the Snowpocalyse and the power/wi-fi is down and my switch is dead. If you come across someone named BlancoNiño in the future that would be me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Direct comes on and it's a live presentation. Reggie does this big build up for the first game but starts sneezing uncontrollably. The rest of the Direct is just him looking miserable with watery, red eyes but insisting on continuing as he becomes more and more beligerent as interns try to help him between sneezing fits.

D

Deleted member

The Direct comes on and it's a live presentation. Reggie does this big build up for the first game but starts sneezing uncontrollably. The rest of the Direct is just him looking miserable with watery, red eyes but insisting on continuing as he becomes more and more beligerent as interns try to help him between sneezing fits.
He doesn't feel good because Mother 3 is finally coming

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That would be depressing.

D

Deleted member

And then Geno comes in and stops Reggie's sneezing then Becomes DLC because he helped Reggie of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Then Dr. Luigi comes on stage to be the next Smash DLC.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It just came as a thought to me. Why would they use the English translation of Yuusha to mean Erdrick. When they used the Japanese name for Piranha Plant. And I guess Jack would be the same in both English and Japanese.

MattX20

Smash Hero
In all seriousness, I hope none of us are burned tomorrow afternoon. I'm tired of it, and we need a break from this.

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness, I hope none of us are burned tomorrow afternoon. I'm tired of it, and we need a break from this.
Same here.

I would be bummed if we get an SE character that isn't Geno or an FE character

D

Deleted member

Straight up I'm taking a break from all of this after the direct, newcomer I want or not.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Same here.

I would be bummed if we get an SE character that isn't Geno or an FE character
If we get a Fire Emblem character, at least it would delay the inevitable heartbreak this fanbase would get if the Square Enix rep isn't Geno.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we get a Fire Emblem character, at least it would delay the inevitable heartbreak this fanbase would get if it isn't Geno.
Yeah, at least Geno's chances wouldn't be affected if an FE character is revealed.

I just don't want another FE character lol

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Jack is Jakku in Japan.
Ok I guess. But it still seems strange how they would go with the English name when he is so well known by the Japanese name. It's not even like using the English translation is hiding it either since it would be "obvious". Jack ,while being obvious in hindsight when we know who it is, is hiding the fact it's supposed to be Joker. Brave would be a direct link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok I guess. But it still seems strange how they would go with the English name when he is so well known by the Japanese name. It's not even like using the English translation is hiding it either since it would be "obvious"
The codenames in general are strange. I can't identify a pattern yet because we don't know who Brave is technically. They're not made because of language and how literal we should be taking them is entirely up to chance as of now because Pakku is Piranha Plant's species. Jack is a persona or a cool pun on cards. Yuusha, or Brave, is a title you give to someone.

The codenames are indeed strange. So strange to where I'm not sure how much we should really be using them anymore. However, since the characters were removed from the code, it's more likely that we weren't supposed to see the codenames to begin with. Brave might actually be literal as a result.

Inversely, it might not be literal. Hard to tell from the info we have, and then lost.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The codenames in general are strange. I can't identify a pattern yet because we don't know who Brave is technically. They're not made because of language and how literal we should be taking them is entirely up to chance as of now because Pakku is Piranha Plant's species. Jack is a persona or a cool pun on cards. Yuusha, or Brave, is a title you give to someone.

The codenames are indeed strange. So strange to where I'm not sure how much we should really be using them anymore. However, since the characters were removed from the code, it's more likely that we weren't supposed to see the codenames to begin with. Brave might actually be literal as a result.

Inversely, it might not be literal. Hard to tell from the info we have, and then lost.
Even then stranger enough is the fact everyone says it's adult Erdrick when the stats are no where near that. It's all so confusing it's hard to understand why people treat it as some 100% confirmation. It's strange why they would use the English translation. And it's weird how the stats don't match an adult.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
My gut still tells me Brave isn't Erdrick. The stats didn't add up at all with how the character was described, and it makes no sense from a design standpoint to have Erdrick chibified since it's not like with Megaman whose been depicted as shorter/stout in most of his gaming appearances.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
My gut still tells me Brave isn't Erdrick. The stats didn't add up at all with how the character was described, and it makes no sense from a design standpoint to have Erdrick chibified since it's not like with Megaman whose been depicted as shorter/stout in most of his gaming appearances.
Actually Erdrick was drawn stout-like in his Dragon Quest III incarnation, and given that Sakurai likes to draw from classic depictions for inspiration it's not out of the question he go for that look.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Actually Erdrick was drawn stout-like in his Dragon Quest III incarnation, and given that Sakurai likes to draw from classic depictions for inspiration it's not out of the question he go for that look.
That was only for one appearance. If you look at Akira Toriyama's artwork for both the male and female versions of the character outside of the old DQ3 art, you will know that is how they're supposed to be depicted and have been since.

Last edited:

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
My uncle is Nintendo, he said the Direct is 35 minutes of Nintendo employees reading fan wishlists and laughing at them.

D

Deleted member

He usually goes for the design that is most recognizable for the character, though, and, in Erdrick's case, it would be this art:

300px-Hero3male.png

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I personally don't think it will be the best time to showcase him either. We are in a Nintendo drought frenzy right now. You know how well it will go if the entire direct was about FE and then they showcase another JRPG character for Smash that isn't that well known in the states? I would expect major backlash.

I feel like it would be better if he is revealed after E3. Dust settled on 2 more DLC characters. When we aren't in a news drought so people are more calk and reserved.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even then stranger enough is the fact everyone says it's adult Erdrick when the stats are no where near that. It's all so confusing it's hard to understand why people treat it as some 100% confirmation.
It could be a shorter Erdrick design. The artist has no qualms drawing Erdrick shorter than his tallest form.

This is his most recent character artwork done by his original artist. He's about the size of Crono from what it looks like, and I don't remember him being too tall.

And here is a fanmade render of Erdrick in his chibi form.

Erdrick can definitely fit a shorter height stat, and I doubt the stats we saw for Brave were his final stats to begin with.
I gut feeling tells me we're not getting Erdrick because it feels too perfect. It's like the Grinch leak all over again and I hate it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I gut feeling tells me we're not getting Erdrick because it feels too perfect. It's like the Grinch leak all over again and I hate it.
Can we make Grinched a new term? Use it for when people get to confident in leaks that turn out being fake? I have a lot of Grinch reaction images I want to start using again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom