• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Also seeing this make headlines! With Imran saying it's a big one, and all the recent information, this is going to be one heck of a ride!

Also, hi everyone, lurker and barely posted, but I am also one who wants Geno, but have expectations in place!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/328587-square-enix-producer-retweets-nintendo-direct-announcement

Interesting retweet, probably Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts stuff in the direct.

inb4 Yoko Taro retweets the direct announcement :upsidedown:.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
One thing to keep in mind about retweets is that some game developers, voice actors, etc. might just retweet the announcement because they're fans of Nintendo games.

I can still remember when Soraya Saga, one of the key people at Monolith Soft, retweeted a stand-alone Smash announcement. Everybody figured it would be Shulk due to the Monolith connection, only for it to turn out that it was Robin and Lucina (and Captain Falcon).

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I am pretty sure that the next Kingdom Hearts game is going to be pretty much the next TWENY game. Nomura is already trying to make the next game FF13, so I can see it.
The next KH will definitely feature TWEWY. But Verum Rex also takes a good portion of the spotlight. I feel like the next TWEWY might have its own plot with a Verum Rex appearance that could set up for a KH plotpoint in that series. And you mean trying to make the next KH be a callback to Versus XIII, not XIII, right?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The next KH will definitely feature TWEWY. But Verum Rex also takes a good portion of the spotlight. I feel like the next TWEWY might have its own plot with a Verum Rex appearance that could set up for a KH plotpoint in that series. And you mean trying to make the next KH be a callback to Versus XIII, not XIII, right?
That would make sense. And yes I was referring to Versus XIII, should have made that specification.

D

Deleted member

That would make sense. And yes I was referring to Versus XIII, should have made that specification.
Geno has a cameo in KH3 and will be revealed in Smash alongside it

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Tokita didn't work on those games. He is a classic FF and Chrono Trigger designer.
Again, I don't usually hype up for nothing, but trust me when I say, there will be new S-E announcements tomorrow. Be it a new game or Smash

D

Deleted member

Tokita didn't work on those games. He is a classic FF and Chrono Trigger designer.
Again, I don't usually hype up for nothing, but trust me when I say, there will be new S-E announcements tomorrow. Be it a new game or Smash
Didn't he work on FF7?

Edit: Oh wait nvm it was FF4

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The S-E producer to also look out for is Yosuke Saito (Dragon Quest, Nier). If he retweets the direct, we are likely getting information pertaining to the games/series he oversees.

D

Deleted member

If Yosuke Saito retweets the direct, it may be some info for DQ XI for Switch

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chihiro_Fujioka

This guy is who I'd look out for, but I don't think he has a Twitter. He developed SMRPG. If he had a Twitter and retweeted/liked the Direct tweet, I'd be launching out of my seat.

EDIT: He's got a Twitter. Nothing about the Direct on it. :\

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Didn't he work on FF7?

Edit: Oh wait nvm it was FF4
Yes, he did work on VII.
But I still think there could be more behind it. He made a tweet in 2017 of a secret project he would start on the Switch.
So expect a major game coming to the Switch. Be it a Chrono Trigger HD-2D remake under the same vein as Octopath, FFVII Remake, a new Parasite Eve or simply a new FF game altogether

D

Deleted member

Yes, he did work on VII.
But I still think there could be more behind it. He made a tweet in 2017 of a secret project he would start on the Switch.
So expect a major game coming to the Switch. Be it a Chrono Trigger HD-2D remake under the same vein as Octopath, FFVII Remake, a new Parasite Eve or simply a new FF game altogether
Huh. That may be interesting. Noted.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Would he know though? He does not work with Square anymore after all.
He works for AlphaDream. Chances are, if there was a good chance of a new SMRPG game happening, AlphaDream would end up involved with Square. It's not too much of a stretch.

D

Deleted member

I feel like it's too early for anything SMRPG related to be announced this year.

I think it would be announced later in the year

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He works for AlphaDream. Chances are, if there was a good chance of a new SMRPG game happening, AlphaDream would end up involved with Square. It's not too much of a stretch.
But it could just be Geno as a character. It also seems Nintendo likes to separate the Mario RPGs distinctly from each other and Square might want to work on the project alone. It would be nice, but it is in no way guaranteed.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
But it could just be Geno as a character. It also seems Nintendo likes to separate the Mario RPGs distinctly from each other and Square might want to work on the project alone. It would be nice, but it is in no way guaranteed.
Heck. Tokita might be very well doing just that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, he did work on VII.
If it's PE, don't expect them to use that title, since they pay the rights to use it to the original novel's author. This is how we got The Third Birthday.

yeah I feel like the only fangames that get taken down by Nintendo are huge ones like Pokemon (Uranium is still available anyway, thanks fandom), although I'm sure that's more-so the Pokemon Company themselves, but the other Mother fangames were never taken down, I feel like the work the Mother 4 team is putting into rebranding and redoing things because of the rebrand may be unnecessary. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nintendo couldn't actually take the game down without Itoi's input, and him allowing the fangame to exist.

That being said I'm sure it'll still be good, but I wish they could've kept some of the original Mother enemies and characters like Starmen and Mr. Saturn. They seem to still be working on it based on the fangame's subreddit, however they don't say anything about internal issues between each other or even act like there are any, so I can't tell what's going on with that. All I know is that apparently some guy they worked with, who left the team, leaked an outdated script or something on 4chan (just based on what I read today).
One thing for sure is, I don't expect it to be done any time soon, if at all. Although at least their game engine platform isn't under jeopardy within next year like for the Mega Man X: Corrupted staff.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Chrono in smash would be pretty sweet.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
PlatinumGames' Takahisa Taura retweeted the direct announcement. Expect any PlatinumGames announcements to come?

D

Deleted member

PlatinumGames' Takahisa Taura retweeted the direct announcement. Expect any PlatinumGames announcements to come?
Maybe a Wonderful 101 port or Bayo 3

D

Deleted member

Yusuke Hashimoto hasn't retweeted the direct yet, so maybe the former or perhaps a W101 sequel? Or maybe a Nier Automata port?
That's Certainly possible, IIRC They seemed interested in porting W101 and Porting Nier could totally happen. inb4 2B was the real Square newcomer.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Apparently a Square Enix worker just retweeted the Direct.

Either it's the Final Fantasy ports getting a proper reveal date, or the Square Enix rep is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom