• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Okay 1. Y’all lied to me and said PP was probably not going to be in the update so I went to a job info session and on a run with my friend like a productive member of society and don’t have my switch now I’m salty as ****

2. M E G A S M I L AX
Holy ****
It could be nothing.... but it could also be EVERYTHING.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Keeping my expectations tempered, but am optimistic.

Especially if there is multiple waves of DLC.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
remember to keep your expectations tempered guys
Literally nothing is more unnecessary than you telling me as a grown man to temper my expectations for something thats consistently disappointed me for 12 years.

There isn’t much positivity in this thread to be honest, we certainly don’t need people to tell us to temper our expectations LMAO

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
If anybody didn't see, here's Piranha Plant being added to the banner.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
If anybody didn't see, here's Piranha Plant being added to the banner. :)
I can already see the "your tears" jokes being made by PLANT GANG with his banner picture.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Literally nothing is more unnecessary than you telling me as a grown man to temper my expectations for something thats consistently disappointed me for 12 years.

There isn’t much positivity in this thread to be honest, we certainly don’t need people to tell us to temper our expectations LMAO
The thread is doing fine. People overhyping something becomes an issue when it turns out it meant nothing at all. It'll cause a riot. People making sure to keep their expectations in check is solely to keep things from going out of control.

So it's a necessity, really.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The thread is doing fine. People overhyping something becomes an issue when it turns out it meant nothing at all. It'll cause a riot. People making sure to keep their expectations in check is solely to keep things from going out of control.

So it's a necessity, really.
You’re extremely out of touch if you think anyone in this thread is going to be surprised if Geno isn’t in. I doubt anyone here actually truly “expects” him, so to tell us to temper our expectations due to some discussion/speculation is unreal. What is the point of this thread even? To have day old accounts tell us Geno isn’t in?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You’re extremely out of touch if you think anyone in this thread is going to be surprised if Geno isn’t in. I doubt anyone here actually truly “expects” him, so to tell us to temper our expectations due to some discussion/speculation is unreal.
Nobody is causing issues by saying "keep your expectations in check" anyway.

Just move on, please.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Nobody is causing issues by saying "keep your expectations in check" anyway.

Just move on, please.
I’m responding within the rules and on topic so don’t tell me what I can or can’t address in this thread. People continually come in here and **** on us and that’s okay but when I defend some rare positivity in this thread I’m told by a moderator to keep expectations in check. You’re telling this to a 26 year old man who knows Geno probably isn’t in the game.

Speculating on relevant topics is not an example of expectations getting wildly out of control, it’s exactly what this thread is for.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If anybody didn't see, here's Piranha Plant being added to the banner.
RIP that poor Red Pikmin
Got drowned by a savage carnivorous plant
alsopiranhaplantisreallyfunholy****

Dan

Smash Lord
Did we already talk about how PP's victory screen is reminiscent of the Mario RPG commercial?

link2702

Smash Champion
Found my download code buried in my 700+ unread emails...

Think I should start cleaning em out...?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Thought I'd give everybody a heads up:

Playing as Piranha Plant in All-Star Mode has a chance of corrupting your saved data and deleting it. So for now, I wouldn't play All-Star Mode with Piranha Plant until this is fixed in a future update. If this has already happened to anyone already, it can be fixed if you have the online membership. Your cloud save data should have all your saved data, so you can restore your stuff from there. Careful!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel like I missed a lot. Geno is basically confirmed right? Why else would piranha plant be full of Super Mario RPG references?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Aww, so this means no future codename to dissect? Bummer, but at least Nintendo smartened up.

I wonder if they were just concerned about the codenames, or if they panicked because somebody (Erdrick?) got them right.
It really makes me wonder why they removed Jack. Joker is already announced....That is of course if Joker was never Jack in the first place...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Aww, so this means no future codename to dissect? Bummer, but at least Nintendo smartened up.

I wonder if they were just concerned about the codenames, or if they panicked because somebody (Erdrick?) got them right.
I honestly think it’s because the depth of the data that was extracted with height, sliding, etc. all being able to be lifted and placed on characters. I could see Nintendo not being comfortable with that. And tbh now that it’s almost February they may have started work on further out DLC characters and the names plus data may have been too telling.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
It should be noted that Smash 4 DLC was predicted early for this very reason. At the very least, they used codenames this time, but Jack and Joker both being playing cards and Yuusha being Erdrick's class are not subtle.

So it makes sense Nintendo would just avoid this problem altogether by getting rid of these files. Kind of interesting that we got them in the first place after what happened with Roy and co.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I still really doubt a simple common keyword like Brave can be so accurately traced back to one game. All Brave really has going for it is people saying its Erdrick with no real proof. Heck we don't even have stats anymore so who even knows how much they changed.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still really doubt a simple common keyword like Brave can be so accurately traced back to one game. All Brave really has going for it is people saying its Erdrick with no real proof. Heck we don't even have stats anymore so who even knows how much they changed.
It was never a good idea to assume it could only be Erdrick or Dragon Quest-related, anyway. It's absolutely a possibility, and the leakers saying DQ content makes it a decent idea of thinking it could be that, but it definitely wasn't 100% by any means.

Of course, if Slime or Erdrick comes in, I do expect people to talk about how they were right. I don't mean this in a bad way either. It's pretty natural to do that.

D

Deleted member

I heard Piranha Plant is corrupting people's save data if you play All Star mode with her. Does that only happen to digital versions of the game or does that happen with physical copies too? I have a physical copy and it hasn't happened to me, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Interesting that they do mention Super Mario RPG more specifically with Plant. But I also can’t put too much stock in that given it’s also Piranha Plant and you basically have to go deep cut to find more specific things to pull out for him and be creative (a good thing mind you). I just again take this as a sign of nothing.

Of more interest to me is that Nintendo voluntarily release extensive patch notes, something we’ve been begging for, for years. So they’re still listening to fans in some capacity, hopefully that extends elsewhere too.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Interesting that they do mention Super Mario RPG more specifically with Plant. But I also can’t put too much stock in that given it’s also Piranha Plant and you basically have to go deep cut to find more specific things to pull out for him and be creative (a good thing mind you). I just again take this as a sign of nothing.

Of more interest to me is that Nintendo voluntarily release extensive patch notes, something we’ve been begging for, for years. So they’re still listening to fans in some capacity, hopefully that extends elsewhere too.
I would agree if it was just the reference to Megasmilax, but the fact they also referenced Chewies and the ending pic for Piranha Plant in Classic Mode being a callback to the Japanese Super Mario RPG commercial starts to form a pattern.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I heard Piranha Plant is corrupting people's save data if you play All Star mode with her. Does that only happen to digital versions of the game or does that happen with physical copies too? I have a physical copy and it hasn't happened to me, and I'm hoping it stays that way.
The SmashWiki says the issue's specific to digital copies. I'd remain cautious regardless, though. A fix is bound to come within a few days given how widely known the issue is already.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm positive that, if we don't get Geno, the reason is not Sakurai. It's clear that he's heard our voices, and he's stated that he's wanted Geno since Brawl. It's him and all of us that want him. If anyone is to blame for Geno possibly not making it, it's either NoJ or Square, most likely the latter.
And if they're THIS hard to talk to to get much of any content for any IP/game they own into Smash Bros...It's gonna be an uphill battle. Let's think about it for a second here. Megasmilax can be mentioned, yet not even have a spirit.

Yet people somehow think Eddy can get in.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
ughhh god... we're being teased hardcore here. That payoff should it ever arrive is gonna be good. Like, better than a nice medium rare steak good.

ᴼᵏ ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇˡʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ.
He feels so close that I can almost taste him. I'm getting splinters on my tongue just thinking about it.

"Her"? Who are you talking about?
Piranha Plant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom