• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
.............. That doesn't make any sense. PP hasn't been deemed female anywhere.

Unless Piranha Plantette is somehow in the house. XD
Palutena actually explicitly refers to PP as a she.
Yeah, Female PP is 100% Canon.
Edit:
She was referring to Viridi.
Oh it makes even more sence now...

But PP is still female, who cares anyways, it's fun to play but I can't get used to it

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Piranha Plant in Spanish is Female, after all, It's LA PLANTA PIRAÑA, not EL PLANTO PIRAÑO, just saying...
You think I'm playing the Spanish game here? No. Let's get back to our boy, Geno.

^
Just had to, hahaha.
Awesome trivia if that's true.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
fighter_kind_mystical ninja
fighter_kind_shake shake

I almost forgot to post this here. What do you think?View attachment 189170
Geno sure makes a pretty gi.. I mean woman.

fighter_kind_doll
fighter_kind_jigsaw
fighter_kind_lawyer
Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, and Phoenix Wright confirmed.

fighter_kind_ogre
Shrek confirmed.

- tail_time
TAILS! TAILS confirmed.

JERRY! LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!
View attachment 189241
I hope that means we are getting George Lopez.

I actually thought Tabuu was an unlockable character back in Brawl. After I beat him in Subspace, I thought he'd be in my character select screen and he wasn't... I was disappointed, but hey, that's okay! I mean, it's like asking for Ridley to be in Smash-- oh wait a minute...

If Ridley can happen, so can Tabuu. :)
And Porky.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So let me get caught up on everything

Jack and Brave were removed from the game's files

Piranha Plant can corrupt your save data if you use it for Allstar mode (good thing I decided to not get the plant)!

And...did anything else happen?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
i think it would be cool if geno was in the game

D

Deleted member

I’m responding within the rules and on topic so don’t tell me what I can or can’t address in this thread. People continually come in here and **** on us and that’s okay but when I defend some rare positivity in this thread I’m told by a moderator to keep expectations in check. You’re telling this to a 26 year old man who knows Geno probably isn’t in the game.

Speculating on relevant topics is not an example of expectations getting wildly out of control, it’s exactly what this thread is for.
And this 26 year old man is getting defensive over a comment about "tempering expectations" when it's just a friendly reminder. If you're expectations are checked, then the comment wasn't for you, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
And this 26 year old man takes a comment about "tempering expectations" as offensive when it's a friendly reminder. If you're expectations are checked, then the comment wasn't for you, mate.
I, personally, believes in free will, if people want to crush its hopes and dreams, if people want to raise their expectations, ****ing let'em boys, life is unfair and it's fun at it's. I guess that's why some people hate when a person say "Low your expectations!", Those are mine so let me be or something like that.

D

Deleted member

I, personally, believes in free will, if people want to crush its hopes and dreams, if people want to raise their expectations, ****ing let'em boys, life is unfair and it's fun at it's. I guess that's why some people hate when a person say "Low your expectations!", Those are mine so let me be or something like that.
Maybe if the person telling you to lower expectations had a tone of telling you to "stop having fun." I didn't see much issue in this context given how the person who said it seems to be a Geno fan themselves and knows. Seemed more like it was said with concern more than anything. Agree to disagree for now.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
WELL THIS IS DISAPPOINTING. No more Brave info. But we got Piranha Plant. The monkey's paw, man....

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Letting people hope is one thing, but one Geno fan being concerned about the other fans getting too hopeful, only to have their hopes crushed, is another. I think that is perfectly valid and spoken out of concern. I understand that 100% and I myself always say that, too. Sometimes, it's just nice to have a reminder.

Ruminating over stuff discovered last night, while I don't think the PP's SMRPG references mean anything for Geno's chances, it does give me hope for the future, Smash or not. It shows that Square is more willing to allow usage of SMRPG's properties than we thought, even if only by a little bit more. It makes me hope that we may see our boys Geno and Mallow come back some day. Will it be in Smash? I'll presume not. However, it is a little ray of hope, and that's nice to have.

Also, to the jack and brave removal...

Vat a tweest.

domriver

Smash Lord
Good morning Geno fans!
Well welcome Piranha Plant to smash. This character didnt really wow me or anything its "cool" Love how they reference SMPRG and classic modes ending with the singing plants just like the SMRPG commercial.

Sakurai are you telling us something is on the horizon for us?

Also delete Brave and Joker stats. Joker everyone knows he is in so not sure what they doing. Brave well maybe Nintendo thought hmm i think they had enough fun with "fake" data now lets show in the direct (hopefully soon) what we really have in store!
Hopeful/Wishful thinking really! jejeje ;P

D

Deleted member

Ruminating over stuff discovered last night, while I don't think the PP's SMRPG references mean anything for Geno's chances, it does give me hope for the future, Smash or not. It shows that Square is more willing to allow usage of SMRPG's properties than we thought, even if only by a little bit more. It makes me hope that we may see our boys Geno and Mallow come back some day. Will it be in Smash? I'll presume not. However, it is a little ray of hope, and that's nice to have.

Vat a tweest.
I think Smash Bros is the biggest outlet Geno has officially seen in some time. It's crazy when thought about. This very well could mean something in the future if demand stays constant or increases. Super Mario RPG receiving representation at all is the dream. The developers usually make it a big deal out of it too like with Geno being a four star host spirit and the dedicated section to a Smash 4 direct being over the Geno costume. The development of support for Geno seems to mean a lot to his chances. I wish I saw this kind of love for Bomberman.

Deleting Brave from the equation actually sucks for speculation because we now know even less about him more than ever. We don't know if anything is being changed behind the scenes and his code name really might have just been a benign placeholder. We're officially in the waiting game. Kind of exciting because we really do not know what to expect. Makes the inevitable newcomer reveal much more exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Letting people hope is one thing, but one Geno fan being concerned about the other fans getting too hopeful, only to have their hopes crushed, is another. I think that is perfectly valid and spoken out of concern. I understand that 100% and I myself always say that, too. Sometimes, it's just nice to have a reminder.

Vat a tweest.
Geno is like Half-Life 3, but I'm still hoping :)

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if there's data on how Piranha Plant's original datamined stat file compares to his final stats?

Also, if Ridley fans finally got Ridley after years of waiting, maybe Geno's not out of the question, either.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Brave and Jack's stats being gone makes me think that 1. Joker and Brave probably aren't coming for a long time and 2. Nintendo's probably not going to have any major slip ups again so new clues will probably be few and far between. If Joker shows up before E3 at this point, I'll be genuinely surprised.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Brave and Jack's stats being gone makes me think that 1. Joker and Brave probably aren't coming for a long time and 2. Nintendo's probably not going to have any major slip ups again so new clues will probably be few and far between. If Joker shows up before E3 at this point, I'll be genuinely surprised.
I don't think the stats being gone has anything to do with a time table. I think them being gone is entirely to do with Nintendo covering their mistake up and removing them so we don't speculate more.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Feb is the Chill month so yeah, My first theory after Nov Direct was 5 DLC Cha from here to FEB 2020, Since PP was announced during NOV and released now (Nearly Feb), Add that patter to all the rest of'em. Expect an announcement on late Feb early March. Maybe.. March 9th :4pacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think the stats being gone has anything to do with a time table. I think them being gone is entirely to do with Nintendo covering their mistake up and removing them so we don't speculate more.
I also base this on Sakurai's comments earlier this month too about how work had barely budged on Joker and, if I remember correctly, I think he said that Joker didn't have a tangible form yet. Seems like a lot but, with Smash 4, we got Lucas, Roy, and Ryu at E3 15 so two characters dropping then wouldn't surprise me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I also base this on Sakurai's comments earlier this month too about how work had barely budged on Joker and, if I remember correctly, I think he said that Joker didn't have a tangible form yet. Seems like a lot but, with Smash 4, we got Lucas, Roy, and Ryu at E3 15 so two characters dropping then wouldn't surprise me.
True, but... two characters after half of a year when we still have three more to go? It seems just a bit off to me. I can't be so sure about that kinda timing, really...

D

Deleted member

I think we will have a direct soon revealing brave, and I even think there could be a Smash Direct revealing brave and the 3rd DLC character.

There will definitely be a reveal at E3, and I think it will be either the 3rd or 4th DLC character (again, maybe both), and I think the final DLC character will be revealed in August or September.

Again, it was only said that all the DLC would be released by Feb 2020. Nothing was said about when they would reveal the DLC.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I think we will have a direct soon revealing brave, and I even think there could be a Smash Direct revealing brave and the 3rd DLC character.

There will definitely be a reveal at E3, and I think it will be either the 3rd or 4th DLC character (again, maybe both), and I think the final DLC character will be revealed in August or September.

Again, it was only said that all the DLC would be released by Feb 2020. Nothing was said about when they would reveal the DLC.
E3 is always perfect to things nobody expects. So, I'd looove a.. Idk, DLC#3 and 2 more Echoes and 1 more Newcomer that isn't part of the Fighter pass.
I M A G I N E
Yeah, it's very unlikely, but my message was that, E3 doesn't really neccesary have to reveal 1 or 2 more Characters (only). A HRC, Break the Target or StageMaker announce would drive me nutz during E3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After they reveal the 5th dlc character do you think we’ll get another dlc wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom