• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If Square-Enix doesn't give us Geno as DLC in Ultimate, than they best prepare for a long war with us Genonights.
Man, I ain't gonna let Operation Starfall die until we get our boys back. Geno, Mallow, whomever else... just bring them back home. Until then, we cannot let our voices wane. We've gotta keep fighting.

D

Deleted member

Man, I ain't gonna let Operation Starfall die until we get our boys back. Geno, Mallow, whomever else... just bring them back home. Until then, we cannot let our voices wane. We've gotta keep fighting.
I won't let Operation Starfall die either.

I'm fighting until they come back

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So long as everyone follows their heart :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's a fool's errand, I'd be dead by the time that happens. No one can live past a hundred years out of sheer willpower.

Just ask your eventual kids to carry the torch. You guys are planning to have kids, right?
But time travel is the answer though. You don't need to live 100 years, you just need a time machine. :)

D

Deleted member

"May your heart be your guiding key."

...What? Kingdom Hearts 3 is pretty much knocking on the door of release, of course I would say that.
And now that you said this in the Geno thread Geno is officially confirmed to have a cameo in Kingdom Hearts 3

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, if there's no announcement for Sora tomorrow, he's officially out of this race, I think. It'd be too late to promote his latest game.
Eh, I don't think he would be out of the race. To my knowledge, Smash announcements don't always line up with game announcements or the days a game released.

Plus, the DLC was likely decided before a date for KH3 was set on

D

Deleted member

Why you think that? Piranha Plant hasn't even been released yet and we haven't seen any gameplay footage of Joker yet.
PP is going to release next month and, in Smash 4, Lucas was announced a month before Mewtwo was available (IIRC).

And, they only said all the DLC would be released by Feb 2020. Nothing was said about when they would announce the characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They don't necessarily need gameplay to announce a character, just a trailer. Joker already proved this.
I know what you're saying, but I'm saying it's more likely that we will just get details on Piranha Plant and see gameplay footage of Joker in the next Direct only without Brave. But it might be a Mewtwo/Lucas surprise like in the last game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know what you're saying, but I'm saying it's more likely that we will just get details on Piranha Plant and see gameplay footage of Joker in the next Direct only without Brave. But it might be a Mewtwo/Lucas surprise like in the last game.
And that is certainly possible, but E3? Would Nintendo really wait till pretty much half way through the year to announce the second character of their DLC? That does not seem right to me.

Edit:
There it is. The Ultimate Life Form.
Can't be, he does not have enough edge. We need to add in a bit more Sephiroth and then he will be the Ultimate Life Form.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And that is certainly possible, but E3? Would Nintendo really wait till pretty much half way through the year to announce the second character of their DLC? That does not seem right to me.
What if they announce Brave with another character we don't know about at E3? Two would make sense for E3 right?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok

Red and Pokemon Trainer are the same characters.

Change my mind.
Sure. Name one instance where Pokemon Trainer is referred to as Red in the actual Smash games. In fact, only Leaf is mentioned, and only as a commercial thing. Meanwhile, Red doesn't exist in Smash intentionally, as Pokemon Trainer was created as a generic class in order for players to play how they played all the Pokemon games, where you are your own person with your own name. He obviously took the design from the most famous trainer(which is actually Ash, not Red, funnily enough), though using the game design was kind of obviously a good idea.

And yes, I am quite serious here. They didn't really try to recreate Red at all. They just wanted the trainer class to help get players to be their own person, just like in the games. The weirder part is actually how Leaf took so damn long to be an alternate costume design, really. But hey, at least we have the general Male and Female Trainer option. I like that~ Pokemon Trainer is nothing more than an avatar character, just like Villager.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
That's not how copyright works. It's like life of the author plus 70 years of the work. So in about 2120 Geno will be public domain.
Well, I said I wanted to die in my 70s, but it appears I've changed my mind. There is no way I'm going to live until I'm 2120, but let's say I do, I'd try and get Geno's rights ASAP. If only we lived in the timeline where Nintendo and SquareSoft merged into... NintendoSoft.

But you know... if you don't want to wait, let's get the TARDIS.

D

Deleted member

You can take an unholy fusion of various SE characters, yet one silly Roblox animation is enough to scare you all? I've seen a lot of things, and on the uncanny valley scale, this wouldn't be high enough to scare a little kid. It's more funny, if anything.
I don't recall anyone being scared by it

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
You can take an unholy fusion of various SE characters, yet one silly Roblox animation is enough to scare you all? I've seen a lot of things, and on the uncanny valley scale, this wouldn't be high enough to scare a little kid. It's more funny, if anything.
It's a meme, you dip

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I was discussing with Sovereign Trinity Sovereign Trinity , and he had an interesting idea.

What if Enix is the part of Square Enix that is being stingy?

Squaresoft was originally the name of the company before they merged with Enix to become Square Enix. Squaresoft worked with Nintendo to make Super Mario RPG. So what if the reason Square Enix is stingy is because of Enix? If Geno weren't owned by them, he would no doubt be in Smash by now. Maybe if he was simply owned by Squaresoft and they didn't merge with Enix, he would have been in Smash in that scenario as well.

An interesting idea, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

What CJBrine made is the peak of humanity.

Edit: Changed the post cause I accidentally responded to the wrong post, oops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Alright, so I was discussing with Sovereign Trinity Sovereign Trinity , and he had an interesting idea.

Squaresoft was originally the name of the company before they merged with Enix to become Square Enix. Squaresoft worked with Nintendo to make Super Mario RPG. So what if the reason Square Enix is stingy is because of Enix? If Geno weren't owned by them, he would no doubt be in Smash by now. Maybe if he was simply owned by Squaresoft and they didn't merge with Enix, he would have been in Smash in that scenario as well.

I say Geno would be much easier to get if it was just SquareSoft, and merging with another company does put them under a lot of work to where they aren't interested in collaborating with another company.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Did I miss anything?
Nah, just memes and overall craziness.

If anything, it's more that they have trouble making sense of who owns what (though the music rights for DQ will stop mattering once Sugiyama dies of old age, anyway). At least they don't use Parasite Eve anymore. Hell, I wonder how Taito is affected by any of this.

Although making fun of Erdrick on a tombstone in one version of Final Fantasy 1 probably didn't help.

I don't recall anyone being scared by it
Well, Oval seemed shell-shocked enough for a few seconds.

It's a meme, you dip
Okay, but the insult was unnecessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom