• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, Oval seemed shell-shocked enough for a few seconds.

Okay, but the insult was unnecessary.
I was just disappointed at how far humanity has fallen. :(

Also, whispers: "It's a meme, you dip," is a memeish quip. They weren't insulting you for reals. lmao greninja'd

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was just disappointed at how far humanity has fallen. :(

Also, whispers: "It's a meme, you dip," is a memeish quip. They weren't insulting you for reals. lmao greninja'd
There's far worse things, trust me. Like allowing Food Fight to exist. Mum's the word on that one…

So, uh, anyway, what are the odds of a Direct showing up next week?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also I was thinking about what Ovaltine Ovaltine said about the 8 slots that could be missing by the end of the DLC and what characters they could be.

Geno would without a doubt make sense for Misc DLC cause while we all want him to get his own Stage it's not necessary cause of all the Stages the Mario franchise already has. Music could come with Geno too and there's not much saying that Music couldn't come with Misc DLC so I'm thinking if we do get Misc DLC Geno is a must and is very likely.

but with everything going on let's say Steve gets in the fighters pass, I want Banjo to be in as DLC so I would be fine with him getting in with no Stage over him not getting in. the thing with Banjo is that he's third Party and for Third Party characters that aren't from a Nintendo owned IP they would need a Stage which is why I'm worried that if we get Misc DLC Banjo won't be one of them since again he would need a Stage. Same with Isaac except he's first party and already an AT which we have no idea if he would be upgraded in Misc DLC.

Idk man, I feel like if we're lucky and get Misc DLC the only Fan-Favorite we could get is Geno which isn't bad at all but wouldn't it be great if Misc DLC was filled with Fan Favs?

D

Deleted member

Probably a stretch, but I wouldn't mind if it was half fan picks, half promotional, or even a combo of both (like Tails coming right around the latest Sonic release).
Well I'm assuming the Fighters pass is gonna be filled with Promotional characters since Joker is getting a P5 Port, Erdrick if he's in would be pushing DQ to the west which I'm certain would be like half the reason to put Erdrick in with the other being DQ's legacy. Etc. if My Assumptions are correct I feel Most of the Misc DLC should be Fan-Favorites Since they're likely to not put in any Fan-Favs for the Fighters pass.

Edit: To Clarify, I don't think they're gonna add many fan favorites to the possible Misc DLC just that they Should but since we don't know the rules and what they want to do with the Possible Misc DLC I feel the only one they could put in would be Geno. and while that's the exact opposite of a Bad Thing I do want other fans to be happy as well, Banjo fans and Isaac fans have been waiting a Decade at this point and I feel they should be rewarded for their Patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well I'm assuming the Fighters pass is gonna be filled with Promotional characters since Joker is getting a P5 Port, Erdrick if he's in would be pushing DQ to the west which I'm certain would be like half the reason to put Erdrick in with the other being DQ's legacy. Etc. if My Assumptions are correct I feel Most of the Misc DLC should be Fan-Favorites Since they're likely to not put in any Fan-Favs for the Fighters pass.
Alrighty, so with that in mind, let's suppose they don't upgrade any ATs, would that increase the chance for other fan faves to be picked? By that I mean anyone that has a minor appearance as a spirit or stage cameo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alrighty, so with that in mind, let's suppose they don't upgrade any ATs, would that increase the chance for other fan faves to be picked? By that I mean anyone that has a minor appearance as a spirit or stage cameo.
Stage Cameo, no since they already appear on the battlefield in some way. Spirits, Yes since they don't do much outside of Spirits mode and not a lot of people use the Spirit battle option for regular Battles and they could always change the Spirits they upgrade to "_____( Classic)" as all they have to do is rewrite the Code some and boom done. Well at least from my knowledge anyways.

D

Deleted member

Stage Cameo, no since they already appear on the battlefield in some way. Spirits, Yes since they don't do much outside of Spirits mode and not a lot of people use the Spirit battle option for regular Battles and they could always change the Spirits they upgrade to "_____( Classic)" as all they have to do is rewrite the Code some and boom done. Well at least from my knowledge anyways.
Or make their fighter spirit as "_____(Fighter)"

dalolman

Smash Cadet

Edit: To Clarify, I don't think they're gonna add many fan favorites to the possible Misc DLC just that they Should but since we don't know the rules and what they want to do with the Possible Misc DLC I feel the only one they could put in would be Geno. and while that's the exact opposite of a Bad Thing I do want other fans to be happy as well, Banjo fans and Isaac fans have been waiting a Decade at this point and I feel they should be rewarded for their Patience.
Wait, since when is P5 getting a port?

dalolman

Smash Cadet
Also, people keep bringing up height about the Brave character.
What else do we know about this character?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Most of the fighter data for it. Tho some of it may just be placeholder data.
You can check out the brave thread too, there's a few things there.

D

Deleted member

The character has a run speed of 1.74 (slight slower than Young Link), a weight of 101 (Mario has a weight of 98 and Megaman a weight of 102), slides quite a bit, is floaty, does not have a rapid jab, and does not have a wall jump.

Plus, the character has similarities in movement with zoner characters like Mario, Wario, Pacman, and Duck-hunt.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I found it! There’s a theory that 1.50 is the lvl 30 cap combination of all 5 playable characters in Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. And if you convert lvl 30 to 30 seconds you get 2 minutes and 30 secs. The Mii costumes were priced at 1.50 and 2.30.

“Costs USD$1.50 if purchased for a specific system, or if purchased for both the 3DS and Wii U, costs $2.30.”

https://youtu.be/FsEaw3AHJ94?t=134
I'm not following. How can a mii costume have levels? What is 1.50?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I doubt Nintendo is so cryptic that they'd allude to Geno via price tags.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What do ya'll think the biggest surprise was for Ultimate?
The K. Rool reveal, easily. Everyone is here was hype and surprising, but I wouldn't say it was the biggest surprise, per se. I thought K. Rool had a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting in (much as I think Banjo is right now)... but then that villain montage happened... and then DK yawned.

And then I screamed.

Hopefully, I can one day feel that hype and happiness over Geno and Banjo, my last two most wanteds, just as I did for K. Rool. ♥

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Joker. Everybody else this go around kinda was a given either through leaks or just the increased focus on pleasing long time fan wants.

Then you just had things like Inklings and Isabelle that were so obviously going to happen no matter what anyone said.

D

Deleted member

The K. Rool reveal, easily. Everyone is here was hype and surprising, but I wouldn't say it was the biggest surprise, per se. I thought K. Rool had a snowball's chance in hell of ever getting in (much as I think Banjo is right now)... but then that villain montage happened... and then DK yawned.

And then I screamed.

Hopefully, I can one day feel that hype and happiness over Geno and Banjo, my last two most wanteds, just as I did for K. Rool. ♥
King K Rool was by far the best reveal for me. Far better than Ridley, Joker, or Simon. I haven't even played any DK games, but the K Rool reveal was beautiful. It was a time I really saw that Sakurai and Nintendo had listened to the fans.

It came out of nowhere for me as well. I am so happy for the people who extremely wanted him. I hope I can have that same reaction with Geno and/or Ninten, lol

D

Deleted member

I wasn't expecting Snake (or Pichu) to come back. I was incredibly satisfied with K. Rool. Does the Grinch leak being fake count as a surprise? Joker was the last cherry on top. Can't wait to see what else is in store.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Actually Daisy and Richter were pretty surprising.

I expected Simon, but not for him to have an Echo.

And I never thought Daisy would see the light of Smash Bros ever.

D

Deleted member

Does the Grinch leak being fake count as a surprise?
Yes.

I am eager for the remaining DLC as well.

Joker. Everybody else this go around kinda was a given either through leaks or just the increased focus on pleasing long time fan wants.

Then you just had things like Inklings and Isabelle that were so obviously going to happen no matter what anyone said.
That's a good point about how no one knew or expected Joker. I think the significance of K Rool's reveal (for me) played into how surprising it was, though

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
For non-DLC, Ridley since I wasn't too into speculation at the time and figured "hey if Ridley got in that probably means K. Rool did too" so I saw him coming".

For everyone though, Joker.

Joker was a fever dream character of mine. I put him on my dream roster towards the very end of the list (I have a tendency to put the more shocking characters at the end) and I was constantly sad that he was never gonna get in since I figured his chances for Ultimate for practically inexistent.

I was up watching the Game Awards for a little while, but I fell asleep before the announcement. The entire time watching it, though, I was just waiting for Nintendo to announce Poochy or Adeleine just to get the mediocrity of their choices out of the way.

Next day I woke up and immediately looked up "smash dlc character", and to my surprise, it was Joker. I thought at first the news outlets were playing a trick on me or something, because I was completely dumbfounded to see that. I still watch his reveal trailer today just because I can't believe it's real.

D

Deleted member

Piranha Plant, easily. K. Rool and Ridley were big surprises, but they were at least requested.
I never thought that a Mario enemy would be playable. For me, not liking the reveal plays into how surprising it was, so K Rool was the best reveal and most surprising for me

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
But no one knew about Ken at all. Not a single detail.
Tell that to the Grinch, who was trying to steal our hype by giving us false info except for Ken. I bet he was the one who leaked the playtester's version of Ken.

also forgot to mention that Piranha Plant was a funny and pleasant surprise, as the other Vergebens never shared that info with me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tell that to the Grinch, who was trying to steal our hype by giving us false info except for Ken. I bet he was the one who leaked the playtester's version of Ken.

also forgot to mention that Piranha Plant was a funny and pleasant surprise, as the other Vergebens never shared that info with me.
What if one of the Vergebens was the Grinch in disguise

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Probably the Everyone is Here trailer. I was open to the idea of there being no cuts, but the idea of getting every single veteran to return in one game was something almost nobody ever discussed. Seeing Snake pop up was when I knew everyone was back - and when Pichu popped up right after, I knew that they meant everyone. And then I saw Fourside was back after all these years and I just about screamed my damn head off. God, I wish I could relive that moment.
Though Plant and Richter certainly get honorable mentions, for obvious reasons.

D

Deleted member

Probably the Everyone is Here trailer. I was open to the idea of there being no cuts, but the idea of getting every single veteran to return in one game was something almost nobody ever discussed. Seeing Snake pop up was when I knew everyone was back - and when Pichu popped up right after, I knew that they meant everyone. And then I saw Fourside was back after all these years and I just about screamed my damn head off. God, I wish I could relive that moment.
Though Plant and Richter certainly get honorable mentions, for obvious reasons.
Probably the second biggest surprise for me was the everyone is here trailer. At the time, I wasn't in the Smash speculation season, and I had little interest in Ultimate, but that EiH trailer was extremely hype.

And all the Mother stages being revealed, especially Fourside and Magicant, is something you know very well how I reacted to lmao. I ****ing loved it so much. And the remixes for those two stages just make me cry so much lol. They are nostalgic.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Probably the second biggest surprise for me was the everyone is here trailer. At the time, I wasn't in the Smash speculation season, and I had little interest in Ultimate, but that EiH trailer was extremely hype.

And all the Mother stages being revealed, especially Fourside and Magicant, is something you know very well how I reacted to lmao. I ****ing loved it so much. And the remixes for those two stages just make me cry so much lol. They are nostalgic.
Alternatively I just love listening to Snowman every time Smash comes out. The beginning opera is haunting.

I say that like a music critic lol.

D

Deleted member

Alternatively I just love listening to Snowman every time Smash comes out. The beginning opera is haunting.

I say that like a music critic lol.
I love all the Mother music and content for simply being in the game

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
King K. Rool and Richter Belmont.

I was able to watch the beginning of the Direct, and after Simon/Richter's reveals, I closed out of the Direct and had to go run some errands. After the Direct ended, I got a text from my friend and he spoiled the surprise; he told me my Krocodile King made it in. I was still hyped when I saw the trailer, and I thought my friend was fooling around when I saw the part where it was Dedede instead, and I was close to calling him on the phone and telling him he's a Dedede main scrub, then K. Rool knocked Dedede off the screen and did the job for me, so there was no need to call him. :)

Everybody was expecting Simon Belmont, especially after the Bloody Tears / Monster Dance crisis on the night of August 7th. Richter was more of a big reveal because nobody was expecting him, especially since Simon was more likely, no one expected two third-parties from the same franchise to make it in, we didn't know third-parties could get echo fighters, and because we didn't know if Castlevania would even get anymore representation. A lot of people didn't know who he was, same here, despite me playing all the Castlevania games on the NES and Super Castlevania IV, but those were all Simon, not Richter. Richter was on one SNES game, Rondo of Blood/Dracula X, but I never played that one. Richter is mostly on PlayStation Castlevania games, and I haven't played PlayStation since the PS2, like in 2001 or 2002, so it's no wonder why I had no clue who he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom