• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I feel as though they do know certain things about the dlc and they are agreeing with the leak because it is indeed true, or they've been ordered by Nintendo to say it's true to throw everyone off. I think the latter is highly possible. But I do think Erdrick and Steve are in.
That was the same suspicion a lot of people had when Spawn Wave and Gamexplain de-confirmed the Grinch leak before we all knew it was fake. A lot of people thought Nintendo asked them to hush down the Grinch leak. I’m not sure either way with the 5chan leak. I would welcome Ryu from Ninja Gaiden NES with open arms (even though I don’t want another sword fighter, he’s the exception in my book). But come on now, just give me Geno!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It could be because people aren't aware that the supposed leak was made after Joker's reveal, so they see a leak that supposedly predicted Joker (who's been revealed) and Erdrick (who's been implied through datamining), and they think that the entire thing (Steve?/Ryu Hayabusa/Doomguy) is legitimate.
And of course, they forget or ignore all the times when oddly detailed leaks were always obviously fake.

Only surefire way to disprove it (besides Eddy's alts differing) is once the actual third character is announced, and odds are that won't be coming until months later. :glare:

I am really happy about the article.

Not so happy about the comments.
Just forget 'em, it's Nintendo Life. I don't even pay attention to them that much unless the object of the article is obscure enough.

That was the same suspicion a lot of people had when Spawn Wave and Gamexplain de-confirmed the Grinch leak before we all knew it was fake. A lot of people thought Nintendo asked them to hush down the Grinch leak. I’m not sure either way with the 5chan leak. I would welcome Ryu from Ninja Gaiden NES with open arms (even though I don’t want another sword fighter, he’s the exception in my book). But come on now, just give me Geno!
Ryu has other weapons besides his sword. I mean he has shuriken, claws, and even a scythe that's right on the cover of Ninja Gaiden 2 next gen.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I am really happy about the article.

Not so happy about the comments.
Someone in the comment area did point accurately that the website is European based, which makes sense why they wouldn't be excited for the characters. Europeans got Mario RPG so late.

And of course, they forget or ignore all the times when oddly detailed leaks were always obviously fake.

Only surefire way to disprove it (besides Eddy's alts differing) is once the actual third character is announced, and odds are that won't be coming until months later. :glare:

Just forget 'em, it's Nintendo Life. I don't even pay attention to them that much unless the object of the article is obscure enough.

Ryu has other weapons besides his sword. I mean he has shuriken, claws, and even a scythe that's right on the cover of Ninja Gaiden 2 next gen.
Oh yeah I know, I want 60% of old school ninja gaiden and 40% modern ninja gaiden for the combo setups. Dont get me wrong, i love both versions, but I love the NES more (nostalgia)

the hero we didnt deserve jk (FlightOfTheNav). This is located in the comment area of nintendo life
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...mario_rpgs_geno_and_mallow_in_online_petition

CharlieSmile
@Harmonie because it's a bunch of fans with too much time on their hands going "we know what to do with your intellectual property better than you do."
and it's atrocious behavior.

FlightOfTheNav
Funny that everyone targets the third point, if they ever remake SMRPG they’d put Geno in smash as an advertisement. The main goal is to hopefully get a remake of SMRPG. I get you might not like him, but calling the fans bratty is literally childish behavior.

CharlieSmile
@FlightOfTheNav you know what's really childish? spending (clearly excessive) free time throwing a hissy fit, demanding a company caters to your niche desires.

FlightOfTheNav
@CharlieSmile you know what’s really childish? Spending clearly excessive free time getting mad at people hoping for something. I feel you don’t like what they’re doing, just ignore em.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
the hero we didnt deserve jk (FlightOfTheNav). This is located in the comment area of nintendo life
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...mario_rpgs_geno_and_mallow_in_online_petition

CharlieSmile
@Harmonie because it's a bunch of fans with too much time on their hands going "we know what to do with your intellectual property better than you do."

FlightOfTheNav
Funny that everyone targets the third point, if they ever remake SMRPG they’d put Geno in smash as an advertisement. The main goal is to hopefully get a remake of SMRPG. I get you might not like him, but calling the fans bratty is literally childish behavior.

CharlieSmile
@FlightOfTheNav you know what's really childish? spending (clearly excessive) free time throwing a hissy fit, demanding a company caters to your niche desires.

FlightOfTheNav
@CharlieSmile you know what’s really childish? Spending clearly excessive free time getting mad at people hoping for something. I feel you don’t like what they’re doing, just ignore em.
Seriously, I've never understood this. What is so bad or wrong about consumers telling a company what they what to pay them money for? If we followed the path of so many others, we would just throw money at whatever they gave us and never complain, which is NOT real life or how the world works. They only get as big as they are because they make stuff we think is worth paying for and when we stop getting what we want, we stop paying for it and they lose out.

This isn't a spoiled child and their parents: this is a group of grown adults who work for their earning and choose to spend it on what they need and want.

Honestly, they say stuff like this, but I could almost guarantee that many of them are on that Shantae fan's level when they don't get what they asked for when all we do is keep asking as nicely as possible for the most part.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
History never changes, huh? People petition for things they want, things they believe in, things that can actually turn out well; "lol okay sweaty no one wants an irrelevant side character from 20 years ago". Not even given a chance to defend ourselves, immediately dismissed as "entitled" and "bratty". I don't get what's so entitled about our petition; we've never once demanded that Geno reappear, it's just a community that wants to see their favorite character time to shine. I'd go so far as to call it admirable that a character from so long ago has amassed the following it has today, but I guess we'll always be shunned for having opinions.

The arbitrary edgelord replies aren't of our concern, though. We should just ignore them and continue petitioning.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Seriously, I've never understood this. What is so bad or wrong about consumers telling a company what they what to pay them money for? If we followed the path of so many others, we would just throw money at whatever they gave us and never complain, which is NOT real life or how the world works. They only get as big as they are because they make stuff we think is worth paying for and when we stop getting what we want, we stop paying for it and they lose out.

This isn't a spoiled child and their parents: this is a group of grown adults who work for their earning and choose to spend it on what they need and want.

Honestly, they say stuff like this, but I could almost guarantee that many of them are on that Shantae fan's level when they don't get what they asked for when all we do is keep asking as nicely as possible for the most part.
I agree with most of this, but as a Shantae fan, I am kinda offended.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

CharlieSmile

FlightOfTheNav

CharlieSmile

FlightOfTheNav
>Geno
>”niche desires”
>when the smash subreddit voted Geno as the number one requested DLC character
>when Nintendo’s SMRPG Team Geno tweet got 13k likes
78B6359D-072C-4E58-8F7A-D848DC01B592.gif

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I agree with most of this, but as a Shantae fan, I am kinda offended.
Yeah...

Maybe if there was a comparison to the Shrek or DB!Goku fans, that'd be a bit more understandable, but assuming that the fans of a relevant character like Shantae would all act whiny when she doesn't get in? That's nearly as bad as calling them horny.

>Geno
>”niche desires”
>when the smash subreddit voted Geno as the number one requested DLC character
>when Nintendo’s SMRPG Team Geno tweet got 13k likes View attachment 185978
>tfw you're so casual that you only use the Internet to check gaming news

e8a.gif

But seriously though, those people are jerks that couldn't care less about doing research.

Last edited:

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...

Maybe if there was a comparison to the Shrek or DB!Goku fans, that'd be a bit more understandable, but assuming that the fans of a relevant character like Shantae would all act whiny when she doesn't get in? That's nearly as bad as calling them horny.

>tfw you're so casual that you only use the Internet to check gaming news

View attachment 185980

But seriously though, those people are jerks that couldn't care less about doing research.
Yo, I heard this dude Salem got years of research! JK, sorry I had to do it.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
People that call other entitled for demanding something really get on my nerves, us Golden Sun fans had this happen to us from some over the past couple of months. I feel as long as there is no harassment and death threats then there is no reason for people to call others entitled for sending a company a message for what they want

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Placed my vote. Those comments were infuriating to read, if signing a petition online is a waste of time how bad is it to complain about a petition that doesn't negatively effect them at all?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want it as a poster. I got the Geno Blast shirt so I don't know if I want to get another shirt so soon.
I have a severe lack of T shirts in general, so I'm all for it.

I have a bad habit of only having a few shirts I like and wearing them completely out before getting new shirts, even though I could afford to get more.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I have a severe lack of T shirts in general, so I'm all for it.

I have a bad habit of only having a few shirts I like and wearing them completely out before getting new shirts, even though I could afford to get more.
Can you add me to the supporter list?

Dan

Smash Lord
Wow... regarding those NintendoLife comments, who knew Nintendo fans hated Geno, Mallow and Mario RPG so much?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wow... regarding those NintendoLife comments, who knew Nintendo fans hated Geno, Mallow and Mario RPG so much?
Well clearly that is not representative of everyone. There will always be haters at the end of the day. And hey, the petitions signature pretty much double within a couple hours after the article and has been has been moving at a quicker pace since, so clearly supporters learned about it from that article.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, just ignore the haters. I've gotten to the point I no longer care what they have to say.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well clearly that is not representative of everyone. There will always be haters at the end of the day. And hey, the petitions signature pretty much double within a couple hours after the article and has been has been moving at a quicker pace since, so clearly supporters learned about it from that article.
Actually, they've nearly tripled. ;) Like I said before, no publicity is bad publicity if we're maturely handling things. Outside vitriol doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
People have a tendency of bandwagoning on things they don't have a solid grasp on, and in this case, not in our favor. For some reason, as our fanbase has grown over the years to maybe an even larger size than Brawl, we've also snowballed a group that staunchly opposes our views, one I'd say is much greater than other communities. We're seen as "babies" simply because we want a character in, and going to great lengths for him is apparently a sense of entitlement. I'm sure there are plenty of bad apples in our fandom, but they're very much obscured by the amount of well-intentioned and non-extremist people who just want to show their support in a passive way, and what's more, the times we do defend ourselves we're criticized even more because "lol triggered i'm screaming go cry to your mommy that whatever his name is will never be in the game lmao".

It's funny, really. The public view on nonsensical people like your stereotypical edgy comment section guy has shifted and somehow they've become credible. Posing an argument is shot down simply because "cancer" and "lol okay" and "well actually you spelled 'you' as 'yuo' so your argument is invalid".

Again, these people are better left on the sidelines as we make our way into the limelight. The collective conscious against rationality has seeped its way here and is spreading its influence rapidly, but they'll prove worthless in the face of corporate decisions, which is really what it boils down to.

D

Deleted member

I also love how a good bit of the comments seem to be focusing only on the Smash request and petition.

The Smash request is 3rd on our list of goals, and the petition isn't the only thing we are doing.

These comments fail me

link2702

Smash Champion
So as I’ve been messing around in training mode lately a thought came to me...

Certain assist trophies have animations and moves that are pretty much near playable ready, and they can be attacked, as well as airdodge, so what if this means something deeper, such as a new dlc mode down the line where select assist trophy characters are playable? The mode would likely be offline only, and the trophy characters wouldn’t have final smashes, and some would get a few new moves (isaac) to be a bit more reasonably playable, but their overall movesets would still be pretty limited compared to normal characters....

Sorry i know it’s a bit off topic, but it just seems odd that so many at’s had been updated to do things like air dodging when they really didn’t need to, likewise some such as knuckles or the guy from bayonetta have moves ripped straight from the playable character representative. it feels like they were almost potentially playable, but sakurai couldn’t think of more to do with em, or ran out of time.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So as I’ve been messing around in training mode lately a thought came to me...

Certain assist trophies have animations and moves that are pretty much near playable ready, and they can be attacked, as well as airdodge, so what if this means something deeper, such as a new dlc mode down the line where select assist trophy characters are playable? The mode would likely be offline only, and the trophy characters wouldn’t have final smashes, and some would get a few new moves (isaac) to be a bit more reasonably playable, but their overall movesets would still be pretty limited compared to normal characters....

Sorry i know it’s a bit off topic, but it just seems odd that so many at’s had been updated to do things like air dodging when they really didn’t need to, likewise some such as knuckles or the guy from bayonetta have moves ripped straight from the playable character representative. it feels like they were almost potentially playable, but sakurai couldn’t think of more to do with em, or ran out of time.
I wouldn't be surprised if some characters like Shadow were considered to be playable and were ultimately cut. No characters were added and removed from the project plan, according to Sakurai, and that would still fit the bill. They weren't removed, merely changed into another role.

Does that mean I think they were all meant to be playable now or in the future? No. That's debunked with what Polar's source said about Isaac. He was never at all considered to be a playable character, nor does Nintendo have further plans for Isaac in this or future installments unless a new Golden Sun is made.

In the end, I don't think that's accurate. They were given more features to look more like playable characters, yes, but Nintendo thought that was probably great compensation. NoA's reaction to the backlash over Isaac being an AT again was one of shock. They clearly think that AT status is a fine replacement for a playable character. Unless we get more waves, I doubt ATs are ever going to be meant to be playable down the line.

D

Deleted member

I think you severely underestimate how many people's minds are in the gutter
I don't think you will be able to see it unless you are told of it.

I was told of it but even then I don't see it

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I don't think you will be able to see it unless you are told of it.

I was told of it but even then I don't see it
Yeah it's just a vague relation and is definitely malformed in that context lol, that's why.

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
Hey so... I guess I'm back on Smashboards. I realised that my last post was on around page 160-170, and we are actually over 600 pages now! I was only gone for a few months. But yeah, looking forward for the future DLC and still hoping Geno will be in Smash!

D

Deleted member

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
maybe off-topic idk, but where can i get my hands on one of those sick geno icons that people have in their signatures? on that line of thought, where can i find icons for other characters too? i've seen some people with banjo, neku, sora and crash bandicoot icons, for example. i want to customize my signature

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
maybe off-topic idk, but where can i get my hands on one of those sick geno icons that people have in their signatures? on that line of thought, where can i find icons for other characters too? i've seen some people with banjo, neku, sora and crash bandicoot icons, for example. i want to customize my signature
You can search around on DeviantArt by using the terms "Geno Smash/Smash Bros", pick the images you want, cut and resize as necessary, and presto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom