• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So um.......................

what did i miss
No Erdrick at Jump Festa but it doesn't really change much because the evidence of DQ happening is still pretty strong. Honestly, as time goes on, the evidence has piled up to show that it was more than likely the very first DLC character decided and either has been hardcore delayed to either release it closer to Dragon Quest XI S or because of severe complications. There might have even been intentions of having it in base from how things are looking behind the scenes but some sort of snag happened. That said, the DQ character is almost in an entirely separate camp from the other DLC characters and feel like the supposed implications of competition between a DQ character and Geno don't really exist the more I learn. To put it another way, instead of Erdrick and Geno going to the same job interview, Erdrick went to one months beforehand for a different job altogether, got accepted, but hasn't started working the position because someone (probably Square) couldn't get their **** together.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
No Erdrick at Jump Festa but it doesn't really change much because the evidence of DQ happening is still pretty strong. Honestly, as time goes on, the evidence has piled up to show that it was more than likely the very first DLC character decided and either has been hardcore delayed to either release it closer to Dragon Quest XI S or because of severe complications. There might have even been intentions of having it in base from how things are looking behind the scenes but some sort of snag happened. That said, the DQ character is almost in an entirely separate camp from the other DLC characters and feel like the supposed implications of competition between a DQ character and Geno don't really exist the more I learn. To put it another way, instead of Erdrick and Geno going to the same job interview, Erdrick went to one months beforehand for a different job altogether, got accepted, but has started working the position because someone (probably Square) couldn't get their **** together.
That is actually very good news. That gives me hope that Geno still has a nice chance, even if Erdrick gets in. I'd hardly call Erdrick a deconfirmation for Geno at this point, and honestly, a third Square rep would only make sense if it was Geno, after all of the complications with Erdrick.

Don't give up hope, everyone.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
...Am I delusional for not outright believing all these convienient DQ leaks? There's something about it that just ain't right.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
...Am I delusional for not outright believing all these convienient DQ leaks? There's something about it that just ain't right.
There's one piece of evidence that's come out that almost all but confirms a DQ character but I can't say what the evidence is. Notice how I didn't say Erdrick. That's because the evidence is extremely strong for a DQ character but it's also vague about who it's supposed to be. Sigh of relief, it's not Slime. There's also a small chance of it not being DQ because of how vague it is but people insist that what was found is heavily associated with Dragon Quest.

Add in: aaaand now people are arguing the authenticity of it. I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
There's one piece of evidence that's come out that almost all but confirms a DQ character but I can't say what the evidence is. Notice how I didn't say Erdrick. That's because the evidence is extremely strong for a DQ character but it's also vague about who it's supposed to be. Sigh of relief, it's not Slime. There's also a small chance of it not being DQ because of how vague it is but people insist that what was found is heavily associated with Dragon Quest.
...... **** I wish I was in the know. This all sounds very interesting.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Add in: aaaand now people are arguing the authenticity of it. I'll keep you all updated.
Not gonna lie, this makes it all sound like a soap opera and it sounds pretty amusing? Like Geno is Nintendo's husband, but Nintendo is secretly having an affair with DQ... or maybe DQ is just having an affair with someone else that sounds like Nintendo, or maybe DQ isn't actually DQ but is actually a red herring for the real affair.

I'm waiting for the drama chords and tissues to be passed around, as well as an earth-shattering cliffhanger involving a baby or something.

ETA: I'm very tired today. This post was a mistake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, this makes it all sound like a soap opera and it sounds pretty amusing? Like Geno is Nintendo's husband, but Nintendo is secretly having an affair with DQ... or maybe DQ is just having an affair with someone else that sounds like Nintendo, or maybe DQ isn't actually DQ but is actually a red herring for the real affair.

I'm waiting for the drama chords and tissues to be passed around, as well as an earth-shattering cliffhanger involving a baby or something.

ETA: I'm very tired today. This post was a mistake.
And Crono is the forgotten ******* child.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I hope the SE rep is the next character to be revealed. I want this to be over with.
Yeah, like, whoever it is, Geno or not, this is killing me. At the very least, I've kept my expectations for Geno very low and my expectations for Erdrick high, as for me, Geno would personally be the more hype of the two options. Again, totally personal, not at all against Erdrick and his fans or anything.

All I want at this point is his hecking Mii costume. C'mon, gimme at least the facsimile of my boy being playable and I'll be sated enough.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the second one isn't the SE character either. If on the third strike there's still nothing, insiders are out of this ball game.

A January Direct is really likely and Polar Panda's source is currently trying to figure out the exact date.
If so, thank goodness, because I was leaning towards February.

Low-key hoping that it is actually Jessica all along.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Again, I'm skeptical of these claims. At this point, the only impression I'm getting is that if there is any DQ content in Smash, it's a Mii Fighter costume.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Basically some months ago, there have been claims of an insider's source claiming they saw Minecraft content in the game. When the Cubivore pig spirit was seen by people, the general consensus has been that the source somehow confused it with Minecraft.
That's possible; if you ask me, though, the guy must have never seen actual Minecraft stuff in his life.

On Vergeben's end, he says his source says that's not what it was for them (though his claims of a boss have yet to come to fruition so idk anymore).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Slime would have been the better character choice and I'll stand by that statement. I don't think he deserves a "sigh of relief" status in the least bit.

You're information is interesting, but I wish you'd be a little more clear with things when you're making statements with regards to evidence pointing towards this and that. Polar has done of a good job of being very clear with exactly what he says and how he's arriving at those conclusions, but things always feel a LOT looser when I read your stuff like this. Maybe that's cause you're not as connected as Polar, but I do think it would help just to be a little more clear in what you're pointing to. Like I get we can't know specifics, but again, statements like these I think need a little bit more to help their credibility.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, and that would arguably be great news for Geno, but your evidence comments can feel a bit amorphous. I think that's why you get a little bit of the pushback you do when saying stuff like this and the evidence for DQ being the first DLC rep. There has to be a middle ground between saying "evidence" and exactly who/what points to the information, and I think it would keep us all better informed if you're going to mention this information at all.

Hope I'm not coming off hostile in saying that, it's really just meant for clarity given you've become someone people pay more attention to these days.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Since people are unsure when to expect DLC announcements, I decided to get some reasonable expectations.
Here's a list from last game's DLC announcements and releases:

Mewtwo: Oct. 23rd, Apr. 15th/28th
Lucas: Apr. 1st, Jun. 14th
Roy: Jun. 14th, Jun. 14th
Ryu: Jun. 14th, Jun. 14th
Cloud: Nov. 16th, Dec. 15th
Bayonetta: Dec. 15th, Feb.
Corrin: Dec. 15th, Feb.

Mewtwo, like Piranha Plant, was announced before the game's release. (Wii U version)
Lucas was announced in a surprise April Fool's Direct.
Roy and Ryu were announced during E3 time, and released the same time as Lucas.
Cloud was announced a month before Christmas.
Bayonetta and Corrin announced when Cloud released.

The takeaways are:
• Three major windows to announce fighters: Pre-release, E3, and Christmas season.
• Three major windows to release fighters: E3, Christmas season, and the end of the DLC wave in February.
• New DLC announcements were usually made before previous ones released, except the 3 months between June and November.
• Piranha Plant is the new Mewtwo.
• Joker is the new Lucas, except his pre-release announcement was a wildcard.

Tldr; Expect news on Joker or maybe 1 more fighter until E3.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Since people are unsure when to expect DLC announcements, I decided to get some reasonable expectations.
Here's a list from last game's DLC announcements and releases:

Mewtwo: Oct. 23rd, Apr. 15th/28th
Lucas: Apr. 1st, Jun. 14th
Roy: Jun. 14th, Jun. 14th
Ryu: Jun. 14th, Jun. 14th
Cloud: Nov. 16th, Dec. 15th
Bayonetta: Dec. 15th, Feb.
Corrin: Dec. 15th, Feb.

Mewtwo, like Piranha Plant, was announced before the game's release. (Wii U version)
Lucas was announced in a surprise April Fool's Direct.
Roy and Ryu were announced during E3 time, and released the same time as Lucas.
Cloud was announced a month before Christmas.
Bayonetta and Corrin announced when Cloud released.

The takeaways are:
• Three major windows to announce fighters: Pre-release, E3, and Christmas season.
• Three major windows to release fighters: E3, Christmas season, and the end of the DLC wave in February.
• New DLC announcements were usually made before previous ones released, except the 3 months between June and November.
• Piranha Plant is the new Mewtwo.
• Joker is the new Lucas, except his pre-release announcement was a wildcard.

Tldr; Expect news on Joker or maybe 1 more fighter until E3.
I more or less consider Joker the new Mewtwo as in terms of announcement dates personally, but yeah I wouldn't expect more than two newcomers including Joker before E3. At most we're gonna get one.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I more or less consider Joker the new Mewtwo as in terms of announcement dates personally, but yeah I wouldn't expect more than two newcomers including Joker before E3. At most we're gonna get one.
You're right, we technically had two pre-release announcements, although Joker was more... DURING-release rather than pre-release.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeeeeaaaaaah... I'm gonna keep doubting this is 100% legit... No offense to you Fatmanonice.
It's okay. Insiders troll each other too. People are arguing that's what's happening here but I'm waiting to hear what the consensus is.

EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman That's because I'm lower on the totem pole in all this. I'm trying to avoid becoming another Krono by not saying too much before I'm allowed to.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
LMAO I lol'd so god damn hard that my dog actually got scared
In addition, Am I the only one who actually wanted Slime? I mean, IMO it's the Pikachu of DQ.
And I would love to play as a happy little Slime instead of a Legendary Hero, just my style.
To be fair, i think Slime could be more unique than Erdrick, as i've seen people make up some creative movesets for him.

D

Deleted member

In addition, Am I the only one who actually wanted Slime? I mean, IMO it's the Pikachu of DQ.
And I would love to play as a happy little Slime instead of a Legendary Hero, just my style.
Nah I'll take Slime over a series protagonist any day (unless it's 5's protagonist but thats not the point)

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Nope I think it would be a very fun choice to have

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Totally agree, I would be way more accepting of Slime than any of the human DQ protagonists.

Still, that new insider development is interesting. If it's possible for us to get both a DQ rep and Geno, I would take it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd like him too, in fact I got the special edition of DQ Heroes mainly for his plush (don't judge me).

In general, I would prefer playing as any of the secondary characters that seem viable enough.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Honestly; I'd probably disown Geno, or at least have to give it a sincere think over. I do NOT take things like what that man said lightly.
You know, with that mentality, how would you react if it turns out some random employee who helped work on SMRPG has the same mentality as Sugiyama. I find it hard to believe you'd let that get in the way.

And it still doesn't negate DQ fans' rights to celebrate if it's true or not either.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't give specifics unless approved because it can implicate people and this has to be taken seriously.

1. A lot of insiders are regular Joes and people like Vergeben and Polar Panda are just the spokespeople. Most are very incognito and don't want people knowing who they are or even what they do. I do agree that this is what gives Polar Panda a leg up but it's also significantly more risky and a few people have figured it out and threatened to expose them.

2. Sometimes it involves stuff that's not illegal but super hard frowned upon like datamining and sharing office memos. At the very least it's usually considered to be very unprofessional and at worst a fireable offense depending on the company.

3. People have been fired because of stuff that's gotten out and a big reason why Hitagi and Vergeben have backed off significantly and why people like Polar and Xenother kind of bounce in and bounce out nowadays.

Like I said, I'm just a guy that sits at the table and relays stuff you all would think is interesting , even when it's vague.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point insiders' reputation are dropping like a rock thanks to the more vocal ones eventually slipping up with their sources, so I can't exactly blame the everyman for being so skeptical of them and shooting the messengers.

One thing for sure is, V and Hitagi had no idea what they were getting into for this game.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I can't give specifics unless approved because it can implicate people and this has to be taken seriously.

1. A lot of insiders are regular Joes and people like Vergeben and Polar Panda are just the spokespeople. Most are very incognito and don't want people knowing who they are or even what they do. I do agree that this is what gives Polar Panda a leg up but it's also significantly more risky and a few people have figured it out and threatened to expose them.

2. Sometimes it involves stuff that's not illegal but super hard frowned upon like datamining and sharing office memos. At the very least it's usually considered to be very unprofessional and at worst a fireable offense depending on the company.

3. People have been fired because of stuff that's gotten out and a big reason why Hitagi and Vergeben have backed off significantly and why people like Polar and Xenother kind of bounce in and bounce out nowadays.

Like I said, I'm just a guy that sits at the table and relays stuff you all would think is interesting , even when it's vague.
Makes we wonder why these "regular joes" even bother with the leaking business. I mean, fans are gonna find out anyway, so why bother telling if it just gets the employees in trouble?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
You know, with that mentality, how would you react if it turns out some random employee who helped work on SMRPG has the same mentality as Sugiyama. I find it hard to believe you'd let that get in the way.

And it still doesn't negate DQ fans' rights to celebrate if it's true or not either.
It's more about their place in the company. I have no doubt there's a bigot in every company. It just matters to me where they are in the company and how public they are about it I guess. Not like I don't care about those guy's either, it's just that I gotta set up guidelines somewhere. Otherwise I couldn't enjoy anything.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's more about their place in the company. I have no doubt there's a bigot in every company. It just matters to me where they are in the company and how public they are about it I guess. Not like I don't care about those guy's either, it's just that I gotta set up guidelines somewhere. Otherwise I couldn't enjoy anything.
In any case, just make sure not to buy any DQ soundtracks unless somebody on Ebay resells them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom