• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
It may be a misconception, but the yellow "tusk" looks like a glowing eye
Is... is it not?? This whole time I thought he was a man in a suit and didn't question it because that were a lot of weird looking characters in the game all the characters I encountered had such odd designs. I thought the same thing about the little bird guys in Nimbus Land

D

Deleted member

So what's your guys favorite character from Mario RPG? (besides Geno of course) I like Mallow, but I'm gonna go with Boshi. I don't know why lol.

Also what's your favorite game because why not? Mines Mother 3
I say Mallow :) Same here, Mother 3 is my favorite game ever. Super Mario RPG is my second favorite game, Earthbound my third, Paper Mario TTYD my fourth, and Earthbound Beginnings my fifth. Geno is my most wanted character and Ninten is my second most wanted

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Jeez.. just under 30 pages until we pass the Brawl thread in size. This is absolutely crazy.

View attachment 180658

What is your favorite memory regarding Smash Bros.? Anything.
One that sticks out to me was the launch day for Smash Bros. for Wii U. It was a cold Friday, and I had a plan to spend the entire night playing the game with friends once it came in the mail that day. We had the basement to ourselves, so I was able to set chairs up and hook up the Wii U to the back of the TV. The only TV I had ever used for Smash before I bought a new one was an old Sony CRT that weighed a ton, so getting behind it was a real effort, but it was worth it.

Something like this was about right:

Even though we were locked at 720p, it was amazing the first time we turned on the game. It looked so clean compared to Brawl. We tried to unlock as many characters as we could before my friends had to leave, but learning the game with everyone at the same time was such a good experience. Hopefully Ultimate will bring a similar feeling next week. :laugh:
I'm a little late to the favorite smash Bros memory party, but I have one. The Ridley reveal. To most people, Ridley is just a character, but it's more than that to me. During Brawl speculation, I wasn't involved very much, but my older brother was. He was a huge fan of Ridley and was convinced he was in. The last conversation we had was about Ridley in smash. I said he was too big, and my brother said "we'll see", then went out in the car and died in a crash. I became a Ridley supporter after that, and I realized he wasn't too big. I love Ridley for Ridley, but above all I wanted him so I could tell my brother he was right when I see him in heaven. During smash 4 speculation, I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and I believed I wouldn't live to see smash 5, so it crushed me when he wasn't in. Since then, though the doctors said it was impossible, my illness has gone into remission and I'm okay. But after everything, Ridley finally getting in was truly something to remember. I actually cried.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Is... is it not?? This whole time I thought he was a man in a suit and didn't question it because that were a lot of weird looking characters in the game all the characters I encountered had such odd designs. I thought the same thing about the little bird guys in Nimbus Land
I think you are somewhat right. It's not a man in a suit. Still an anthropomorphic shark, but it looks like the character designs in this game put eyes inside of the mouths in some cases. hmm...

D

Deleted member

I'm a little late to the favorite smash Bros memory party, but I have one. The Ridley reveal. To most people, Ridley is just a character, but it's more than that to me. During Brawl speculation, I wasn't involved very much, but my older brother was. He was a huge fan of Ridley and was convinced he was in. The last conversation we had was about Ridley in smash. I said he was too big, and my brother said "we'll see", then went out in the car and died in a crash. I became a Ridley supporter after that, and I realized he wasn't too big. I love Ridley for Ridley, but above all I wanted him so I could tell my brother he was right when I see him in heaven. During smash 4 speculation, I was diagnosed with a terminal illness, and I believed I wouldn't live to see smash 5, so it crushed me when he wasn't in. Since then, though the doctors said it was impossible, my illness has gone into remission and I'm okay. But after everything, Ridley finally getting in was truly something to remember. I actually cried.
This made me cry too

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think you are somewhat right. It's not a man in a suit. Still an anthropomorphic shark, but it looks like the character designs in this game put eyes inside of the mouths in some cases. hmm...

Huh, so I guess it was not a golden tooth. My bad. Kinda hard to tell with pixels.

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Huh, so I guess it was not a golden tooth. My bad. Kinda hard to tell with pixels.
It's weird though because it is in a position where it looks like he'd be a cyclops. Maybe it's more of a diving helmet inside of a shark head. ALSO WHY CANT WE RESIZE IMAGES ON THIS BOARD?!?!?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's weird though because it is in a position where it looks like he'd be a cyclops. Maybe it's more of a diving helmet inside of a shark head. ALSO WHY CANT WE RESIZE IMAGES ON THIS BOARD?!?!?

I have no clue, its just says to put the big images in a spoiler tab rather than any solution. Probably something very technical.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I find it really odd when gamefaqs users don't trust me, first thing I wake up to. The thing is, I can't give EVERYBODY my source's personal information. I've already given it to so many on here. There is quite literally no chance he haa lied to me, either. His tie with Nintendo is quite literal. He just tells me ANYTHING he hears. He doesn't hide squat.
I think a big problem is that there are so many fake leakers, leakers who are piggy backing off of legit leakers but don’t actually have sources, and leakers in both camps that call out lesser known people to make themselves seem more legit that it causes the general audience to distrust a lot of people and to assume people have bad intentions even when they don’t and basically attack them over it. Back before Brawl released and security was a lot looser on Smash development I found out from a friend of a friend that Mewtwo had been cut and replaced by Lucario months before it was revealed. I posted about it on IGN just as a “Hey this is something interesting I heard” and had this one dude accuse me of lying and attention whoring while lobbing some pretty personal insults all because I decided to share something I thought people would want to know. There are so many individuals out there with fake information that too many people just treat everyone with potential information who isn’t already a “big name” leaker with rude suspicion. Which is funny because you don’t see Vergeben or Hitagi sharing personal contact information of their sources nor is it expected of them.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
So what's your guys favorite character from Mario RPG? (besides Geno of course) I like Mallow, but I'm gonna go with Boshi. I don't know why lol.

Here's three of my favorites (in no particular order)

Toadofsky

Blade (who's always late)

Boshi

And my favorite game is SMRPG, narrowly beating out Super Mario 64.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

Boshi is easily my favorite character in SMRPG. I want him as an echo fighter of Yoshi. My favorite game is Breath of the Wild, SMRPG is 4th place in my top ten.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was not ready for this...

A story on my end: growing up, I really admired my oldest cousin despite him being the biggest weeb. In the mid 90's he taught himself how to speak and read Japanese to enjoy Final Fantasy VII "as authentically as possible" and would download DBZ episodes in Japanese on dial up where a single episode would take 8-10 hours. He was so cool to me. He even had replicas of the weapons and clothes of the characters of FF VII.

Fast forward to his first year at seminary and he comes out as gay. His parents were disgrundied fundies so of course didn't fly. The family pretty much disowns him. He hardcore gets into drugs and alcohol, even hard stuff like heroin. At some point, he gets HIV and doesn't tell anyone for years. It gets to the point that he's so weak he can't get off the couch. His family intervenes and finally agrees to take him back now that he's literally dying. They're still in denial about him being gay but they manage to help him get prescribed a drug cocktail that keeps him from getting worse.

It's Thanksgiving 2015. He utterly resents the family and this is the first one in years where he doesn't bounce after 5 minutes. It's clear he hates being there. I'm one of the few people who accepts him and isn't constantly throwing barbs at him. I pull out my phone.

"Hey, man, did you know Cloud's in Smash Bros?"

"...what? Really?!"

"Yeah, take a look."

I show him the trailer. He gets a thousand yard stare as soon as the intro music kicks in. He takes the phone out of my hands, absolutely fixated on the screen. "No way..." he mutters. "I can't believe they did this. This is the coolest thing ever." Tears are welling up in his eyes. My 36 year old cousin then starts sobbing. I can read it on his face. "I wish I could go back..." He gives me back my phone. "Thank you. I guess I have to get a Wii U now," he laughs.

That was the last meaningful interaction I've had with him. He's relapsed multiple times since then and is even more socially isolated. When he's not high, he pretty much flat out avoids the whole family. I miss the days when I looked up to him and there was some semblance of happiness in his life. Even if his clothes and casually dropping Japanese was kind of cringey, I liked the fact that he was confident enough to like what he wanted to like. Man, adulthood is a real ***** sometimes...

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I kind of struck out with my wanted characters in Smash 4. Wanted Little Mac, hate his playstyle (might try him again in Ultimate though). Wanted Palutena, found out that playing her was like playing Brawl Mario but somehow even more mediocre (Brawl Mario's main weakness was that his recovery was total dog ****). Wanted Megaman, could never fully get him down but had him as a secondary behind a lot of other characters. Ironically, the characters that clicked the most for me were Villager (gave up on in 2005), Wii Fit (didn't ask for but, seriously, who did?) and Bowser Jr (I LOATHE the character outside of Smash but couldn't pass up Iggy and his 20k IQ required playstyle).
Oh god, I'm so sorry about Palutena, she feels way too slow for my liking.

I ended up loving Bowser Jr. as well (Ludwig) and dabbled in Wiifit Trainer. One of my favorite parts of Smash is using characters you never thought you'd ever be interested in due to their unique movesets. Imagine how many randoms would fall in love with Geno after seeing him in action?

Smash has been pretty hit or miss for me for my characters. Ike is my favorite video game character after Geno, and I love his playstyle. I forced myself to use Duck Hunt a bunch for the first 2 years of smash 4 because I absolutely adore him, but half of his moveset simply doesn't work/connect like it should. I also was hyped for Villager but can't seem to lock down his playstyle and Toon Link is too floaty for me, so I prefer Link in Smash.

I'm especially looking forward to the returns of Ice Climbers and Young Link for Ultimate

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's three of my favorites (in no particular order)

Toadofsky

Blade (who's always late)

Boshi

And my favorite game is SMRPG, narrowly beating out Super Mario 64.
You know, sometimes I wonder if Zinith could show up eventually whenever Boshi's brought up here.

I find it really odd when gamefaqs users don't trust me, first thing I wake up to. The thing is, I can't give EVERYBODY my source's personal information. I've already given it to so many on here. There is quite literally no chance he haa lied to me, either. His tie with Nintendo is quite literal. He just tells me ANYTHING he hears. He doesn't hide squat.
The people of Gamefaqs are Mareep anyway.

most-people-rejected-his-message-shut-up-they-hated-jesus-18714815.png

Last edited:

NB96

Smash Rookie
I played SMRPG in October and liked it so I hope Geno gets in. I wouldn't mind Erdrick or Sephiroth but I feel Sephiroth could be a bit boring (never thought I'd say that). At least Erdrick would introduce Westerners to a new character and since he/she can use magic it could spice up the moveset.

I saw this posted on GameFAQs but I wonder if its fake because I don't see how somebody could know such detailed information:

Idk why the image wont show here is the link: https://imgtc.com/i/gTyrzMb.png

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I played SMRPG in October and liked it so I hope Geno gets in. I wouldn't mind Erdrick or Sephiroth but I feel Sephiroh could be a bit boring (never thought I'd say that.

I saw this posted on GameFAQs but I wonder if its fake because I don't see how somebody could know such detailed information:

Yeah the fact that almost every leaker that we're aware of is having a hard time even deciding on ONE character while this guy comes out and spills a whole list of all anticipated/predicted characters while throwing in one "literally why" character makes me 100% believe this is an elaborate ruse.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I played SMRPG in October and liked it so I hope Geno gets in. I wouldn't mind Erdrick or Sephiroth but I feel Sephiroth could be a bit boring (never thought I'd say that). At least Erdrick would introduce Westerners to a new character and since he/she can use magic it could spice up the moveset.

So, what do you think of this, PolarPanda PolarPanda ? It seems odd.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

Lmao E. Gadd would be so ****ing awesome. I was thinking King Boo might come in as an advertisement rep for Luigi 3, but E. Gadd would be even better. This is probably fake, but E. Gadd is someone I now really want.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Yeah the fact that almost every leaker that we're aware of is having a hard time even deciding on ONE character while this guy comes out and spills a whole list of all anticipated/predicted characters while throwing in one "literally why" character makes me 100% believe this is an elaborate ruse.
It 100% is. As I said in the past, nobody knows the DLC. The most that have gotten out are the Enix names. If somebody claims to know 3 DLC characters or even more, you know they're BS'ing.

In regards to the MC content that Verge and Hitagi have mentioned: I'm not sure. My NoA contact has heard nothing on Minecraft. And other insiders I've talked with have not heard anything on Minecraft either. I can confirm Xenother and Hitagi have though, obviously. I'm not exactly sure what's up with that, so I can't really comment on it.

If I were you, I wouldn't put any stock in people saying they know more than a SE name and (maybe?) Minecraft. There's an incredibly low chance that they really know anything else, it's honestly not worth it.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
My favorite SMRPG character after Geno is Carroboscis. It's just the silliest thing. The animation after it gets hit always makes me laugh.

My favorite game ever is probably Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. Granted, it's a virtual novel, but whatever.

Edit: Since we have verification from people in this thread, I only trust Polar Panda's info. I'm inclined to believe Vergeben also, but he always rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Favorite smrpg character besides Geno?

I liked Johnny, Booster, and Greapers

Johnny showing up to stop yaridovich from running off with the star was sick, I was hoping for an assist in the fight though, that would have been awesome.
Boosters entire arc is hilarious. He was the closest we got to wario in smrpg, who I also love.
Greapers were just cool, probably my favorite overall baddie, just because of how creepy they looked, considering the very few undead monsters in the game,

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
My favorite character besides Geno from SMRPG is a toss up between Johnathan Jones and Booster. I always loved Johnny's "Villain with honor" motif, and Booster is just plain tons of fun.
EDIT: Almost forgot. I love the Axem Rangers to bits.

Favorite game? Hard to say, Psychonauts is one of those games I can keep going back to and it never gets old, So I'd venture to say that for the time being.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace

my favorite character other than geno is probably smithy

my favorite games are in my signature but for anyone who doesnt wanna check, its paper mario ttyd

In case people haven't seen this:

519 icons
269 related to fighters or assist trophies
250 related to spirits

It's not strong evidence for anything but it's food for thought.
with how many of these icons are non-smash renders of characters, i think its safe to say that icons/spirits dont deconfirm anything. ( i hate that skyward sword link is inbetween pauline and paper mario though )

darn you smashboards and your double posting rules

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Probably Bowyer. Love the design and his weird speech pattern made him even more memorable. It's even funnier that his Psychopath message heavily implies that he's faking it but, seriously, why? It's so nutty. I remember as a kid I saw his picture and thought he was pointing with his middle finger so I took up the habit too. Needless to say, that was a habit that was broken quick when the adults in my life picked up on it.

One thing that I don't think SMRPG gets enough credit for is the foreshadowing of its bosses. "Watch out for Belome." Who's Belome? *later* That's Belome?! They do this a lot: Booster, Bowyer, Blade, Czar Dragon, King Calamari, and of course, Smithy. It also does a brilliant job of blindsiding you with bosses that make you go WTF: Yardiovich, Knife Guy and Grate Guy, Bundt and Raspberry, Mack, the Axem Rangers, and pretty much the whole Factory. Bowyer's kind of a combination. You expect this Robin Hood-esque sharp shooter but, nope, it's just some weird talking psychopath who's firing arrows randomly because **** Rose Town I guess.

My favorite video game is SMRPG although that should be self evident. It's basically Chrono Trigger, DKC2, Megaman X, and pretty much the entirety of the Smash series after that.

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
I was not ready for this...

A story on my end: growing up, I really admired my oldest cousin despite him being the biggest weeb. In the mid 90's he taught himself how to speak and read Japanese to enjoy Final Fantasy VII "as authentically as possible" and would download DBZ episodes in Japanese on dial up where a single episode would take 8-10 hours. He was so cool to me. He even had replicas of the weapons and clothes of the characters of FF VII.

Fast forward to his first year at seminary and he comes out as gay. His parents were disgrundied fundies so of course didn't fly. The family pretty much disowns him. He hardcore gets into drugs and alcohol, even hard stuff like heroin. At some point, he gets HIV and doesn't tell anyone for years. It gets to the point that he's so weak he can't get off the couch. His family intervenes and finally agrees to take him back now that he's literally dying. They're still in denial about him being gay but they manage to help him get prescribed a drug cocktail that keeps him from getting worse.

It's Thanksgiving 2015. He utterly resents the family and this is the first one in years where he doesn't bounce after 5 minutes. It's clear he hates being there. I'm one of the few people who accepts him and isn't constantly throwing barbs at him. I pull out my phone.

"Hey, man, did you know Cloud's in Smash Bros?"

"...what? Really?!"

"Yeah, take a look."

I show him the trailer. He gets a thousand yard stare as soon as the intro music kicks in. He takes the phone out of my hands, absolutely fixated on the screen. "No way..." he mutters. "I can't believe they did this. This is the coolest thing ever." Tears are welling up in his eyes. My 36 year old cousin then starts sobbing. I can read it on his face. "I wish I could go back..." He gives me back my phone. "Thank you. I guess I have to get a Wii U now," he laughs.

That was the last meaningful interaction I've had with him. He's relapsed multiple times since then and is even more socially isolated. When he's not high, he pretty much flat out avoids the whole family. I miss the days when I looked up to him and there was some semblance of happiness in his life. Even if his clothes and casually dropping Japanese was kind of cringey, I liked the fact that he was confident enough to like what he wanted to like. Man, adulthood is a real ***** sometimes...
Man that’s rough. When this has happened to me (not exactly the same scenario but the tragedy of the decline of a good person), I’ve wondered if there was something I could have done. And I also think, “This could have been me, or be me in the future”, because it’s hard to reconcile how this sort of thing comes into being. Downward spirals are so, so hard to climb out of. I’m sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope he can recover and find peace some day. Thanks for sharing, getting personal is hard to do when you don’t know how people will react.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman

Even though it's probably fake (and PolarPanda says it is)

I actually see this being a plausible thing to happen. Everyone who thinks about a Microsoft rep mentions these three and we're already allegedly getting Minecraft content with insiders saying Steve is in.

And given everything we've been speculating about Square, I could see them only budging on Geno as well. Also strange that this "insider" could've said DQ or Sephiroth or even Sora.

Again, Ubisoft content in smash means its definitely plausible Ray Man was considered.

BWD I definitely see happening. Edelgard and Elma of course. Porky and E. Gadd make me suspicious tho.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
My favorite Mario RPG character is probably Croco. Might be my reptile bias speaking there. I was a huge Yoshi and Bowser fanatic too. If there is any one character I could take from Mario RPG and put into the main series it would be him. Sure beats the pants out of Nabbit in terms of personality.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
So I've been looking at this forum for a few days now and I gotta say this whole thing is incredibly impressive. I only started playing SMRPG a while ago and i'm liking Geno and totally get why he NEEDS to be DLC for smash. I do honestly think he does need to be in smash but from what I've been seeing on this forum he most likely has a 1 in 4 chance or a 50-50 chance. I do also wanna give shoutouts to all of you who have been regularly posting on this forum with all these interesting things about Square and what not

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Welcome to the thread and thanks for those words.

Agreed, he NEEDS to be in Smash. I also think about if he is in Smash as DLC ... could that open the doors for other games, like Kart and Party? That would be great.

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I ask this here because everyone here is an insider lol

What about jade as square enix dlc character? Any chance?

Still weird for me that daisy bumping her booty against air... Jade would fit besides daisy ._.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
So what's my favourite experiences with Smash Bros? I have three stories.

1. Ultra (64)
I have known Smash for as long as i was born. And oddly enough my first experience with the series and most fond is 64. When i first saw the game in action at the age of 4, i was simply mesmerised and amazed at seeing 8 fighters including DK which i knew the most, As i unlocked the rest of the characters i found out about Earthbound via Smash. I have later played the series a few years later and fell in love with the Mother Series. My dad and i would sit down and play a few rounds once in awhile and it was probably the closest we ever got over a video game as time passed his interest dwindled. But my time with Gaming was only growing.

2. Revolution (Brawl)
Okay so it was the second week of March 2008, I was going to a sleepover to my cousins house and my dad kindly offered to get a few games for my cousins and i, My Dad drove us to EBGames and the first thing i saw was Sonic Rush Adventure. I wanted that game so bad but my cousins had none of it as they furiously pointed out to me that Brawl was a game i should get. (Before you ask, i was aware of Japan time and all that. it's just that i wasn't aware the game was out) Me being the tired kid i realised i had a gold mine and instantly bought it, Ran to my Cousins house and played the hell out of it all Winter Break. Probably the best Winter Break i had in my Childhood.

3. Cafe (4)
So it was 2014, Right Dab in High School i was left to my own Devices and spited. Nintendo did a pretty amazing Skit with Mega 64 and announced Smash Fest. I was thrilled to hear that my local Best Buy would have such an event, But i realised something.. Who would actually go and will there even be stores that hosts it in Canada?

Well these fear vanished as i found the Canadian site displaying a Store almost across the City (about 2 hours on transit) I knew, I KNEW i had to go see it for myself. So i skipped class on that day and travelled all the way down south, I was the first person to be at the Best buy in line. as i thought my assumptions would be correct that no one in my city cared about Video Games. Slowly people started to trickle in, I started chatting to them and telling them my motivations as to why i'm here and how frankly happy i'm not the only one, Not only that i meet the local smash community, Their appearance opened my eyes to the rest of the city in a sense, broken away from the ghettos of my side i realised. I wasn't alone. There was people who cared about the same things i cared about...

Oh and I played Sonic and didn't do so hot in the Demos because i can't Sonic for the life of me in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom