• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Probably Bowyer. Love the design and his weird speech pattern made him even more memorable. It's even funnier that his Psychopath message heavily implies that he's faking it but, seriously, why? It's so nutty. I remember as a kid I saw his picture and thought he was pointing with his middle finger so I took up the habit too. Needless to say, that was a habit that was broken quick when the adults in my life picked up on it.

One thing that I don't think SMRPG gets enough credit for is the foreshadowing of its bosses. "Watch out for Belome." Who's Belome? *later* That's Belome?! They do this a lot: Booster, Bowyer, Blade, Czar Dragon, King Calamari, and of course, Smithy. It also does a brilliant job of blindsiding you with bosses that make you go WTF: Yardiovich, Knife Guy and Grate Guy, Bundt and Raspberry, Mack, the Axem Rangers, and pretty much the whole Factory. Bowyer's kind of a combination. You expect this Robin Hood-esque sharp shooter but, nope, it's just some weird talking psychopath who's firing arrows randomly because **** Rose Town I guess.

My favorite video game is SMRPG although that should be self evident. It's basically Chrono Trigger, DKC2, Megaman X, and pretty much the entirety of the Smash series after that.
Glad to know someone else likes MMX as much as I do.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
**** this thread is moving insanely fast.

So what's your guys favorite character from Mario RPG? (besides Geno of course) I like Mallow, but I'm gonna go with Boshi. I don't know why lol.

Also what's your favorite game because why not? Mines Mother 3
My favorite SMRPG character is of course, Geno. After him, it would probably be... Boshi or Mallow.

My favorite video game of all time is Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6 on the N64.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wonder if Square only willing to budge on Geno makes sense, though.

We already have FF7 content, and they may be more protective of those other IPs plus they may want a larger cut of the money, which means they may not want to share with Armor Project and Bird Studios. Geno would be the easiest to deal for, and SE could give him whatever price they wish as long as Nintendo is willing to pay.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, if we’ve proven anything over the last few weeks/months, it’s that Geno should be the Square rep. Between the reactions to the Grinch leak, K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, and even the intense negative reactions to box theory since mid-September, the entire fandom has been incredibly clear on one thing: We want long-standing Smash requests, no matter the obscurity. I’d find it incredibly disappointing and tone-deaf if the first fighter reveal of the pass was Nintendo going “You didn’t particularly want him in, but he’s popular with your demographic and by the same artist as Goku, so... here’s Crono!”

Whether Geno’s in or not, the community has made their point, between K. Rool’s reveal overtaking even Cloud’s in views, and Isaac as an AT bringing a near-universally negative reaction from the fans. It honestly wouldn’t shock me if the order of the pass has since been shifted around internally just for pure damage-control reasons. Like, maybe they were starting with something more like Crono, but then the Grinch leak and box theory happened, so they’re now fast-tracking something to better placate the unruly mob after recent events. Whoever that could be I’m not sure, but obviously I’d hope for Geno.

I ask this here because everyone here is an insider lol

What about jade as square enix dlc character? Any chance?

Still weird for me that daisy bumping her booty against air... Jade would fit besides daisy ._.
She isn’t doing a specific move, she’s dodging Simon’s whip, the pose just makes it look weird.

Last edited:

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I wonder if Square only willing to budge on Geno makes sense, though.

We already have FF7 content, and they may be more protective of those other IPs plus they may want a larger cut of the money, which means they may not want to share with Armor Project and Bird Studios. Geno would be the easiest to deal for, and SE could give him whatever price they wish as long as Nintendo is willing to pay.

Part of me thinks that way too. I was going through some tweets and....wait how do I make something into a spoiler I have something that would actually work towards Geno's Chances

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Part of me thinks that way too. I was going through some tweets and....wait how do I make something into a spoiler I have something that would actually work towards Geno's Chances
[ spoiler ]Insert text here, then remove the spaces between the brackets.[ /spoiler ]

Example

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
Thank you

So I saw a tweet regarding Fighter Spirits and Cloud's Fighter Spirit is just his Smash Ultimate Artwork. Since the only two spirits we get from square are Geno and Mallow the odds have to be in his favor which means if they make Geno DLC his Fighter Spirit would just be his Smash Ultimate Artwork https://twitter.com/lessthannes2094/status/1066823508926312448 this is the tweet i'm referring to.

D

Deleted member

Finally figured out how to use this

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thank you

So I saw a tweet regarding Fighter Spirits and Cloud's Fighter Spirit is just his Smash Ultimate Artwork. Since the only two spirits we get from square are Geno and Mallow the odds have to be in his favor which means if they make Geno DLC his Fighter Spirit would just be his Smash Ultimate Artwork https://twitter.com/lessthannes2094/status/1066823508926312448 this is the tweet i'm referring to.
Geno is still kicking, thank goodness.

D

Deleted member

To be honest I see Geno, Banjo, Rayman and 2 nintendo reps coming for this wave.
Please let one of them be Ninten

And Geno of course

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know about Rayman, but I suppose it's not out of the question. I just wish we could have more first parties.
I wish at least 80% percent of the DLC characters will be first party and 20% will be 3rd party. That's goes especially for if there are more season passes down the road.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I wish at least 80% percent of the DLC characters will be first party and 20% will be 3rd party. That's goes especially for if there are more season passes down the road.
If DLC were up to me, it'd be entirely first parties + Geno. Geno feels like a first party anyway.

G0nard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G0nard
Switch FC
SW-0192-8472-4336
I don't know about Rayman, but I suppose it's not out of the question. I just wish we could have more first parties.
Ill be honest Rayman has a high chance of being DLC. He was a Trophy in Smash 4. Mario And Rabbids Kingdom Battle sold well along with Starlink ( I don't know about that one) and the rabbids are Spirits (not putting in spoiler this time because they were in the smash direct) So Rayman has a good chance then other characters

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
My predictions are Geno for the Square Rep, Ninten as our new EB rep (Not just bias, trust me he's got quite a bit going for him), Bandana Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie and maybe something to tie into a new game like Pikmin 4 such as Louie.

D

Deleted member

I want 100% of the pass to be Geno, Ninten, Banjo-Kazooie, Rayman, and either Crono, Tails, Ryu Hayabusa, Shantae, or Lloyd Irving

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If DLC were up to me, it'd be entirely first parties + Geno. Geno feels like a first party anyway.
The only 3rd party characters I need is Goemon, Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Shantae, Zero, and Tron Bonne and then I'm completely done with 3rd party characters in Smash forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My predictions are Geno for the Square Rep, Ninten as our new EB rep (Not just bias, trust me he's got quite a bit going for him), Bandana Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie and maybe something to tie into a new game like Pikmin 4 such as Louie.
I really hope Ninten comes :) And Geno too of course

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Please let one of them be Ninten

And Geno of course
OF course! let's get Geno twice! /s

But seriously, Geno/Benjo/Rayman would make the DLC pass an immediate buy for me. Also, I half expect Sylux for Prime 4 promotion as a nintendo rep, which would be okay in my book (Spirit or No, Im sticking to my guns).

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if we’ve proven anything over the last few weeks/months, it’s that Geno should be the Square rep. Between the reactions to the Grinch leak, K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, and even the intense negative reactions to box theory since mid-September, the entire fandom has been incredibly clear on one thing: We want long-standing Smash requests, no matter the obscurity. I’d find it incredibly disappointing and tone-deaf if the first fighter reveal of the pass was Nintendo going “You didn’t particularly want him in, but he’s popular with your demographic and by the same artist as Goku, so... here’s Crono!”

Whether Geno’s in or not, the community has made their point, between K. Rool’s reveal overtaking even Cloud’s in views, and Isaac as an AT bringing a near-universally negative reaction from the fans. It honestly wouldn’t shock me if the order of the pass has since been shifted around internally just for pure damage-control reasons. Like, maybe they were starting with something more like Crono, but then the Grinch leak and box theory happened, so they’re now fast-tracking something to better placate the unruly mob after recent events. Whoever that could be I’m not sure, but obviously I’d hope for Geno.

She isn’t doing a specific move, she’s dodging Simon’s whip, the pose just makes it look weird.
lets not forget teh negative reaction to skull kid and shadow also being AT's I didn't care much for either of them, although shadow being playable means we'd get the MOST EDGELORD SONG EVER as stage music somewhere, which would be amusing.

D

Deleted member

OF course! let's get Geno twice! /s

But seriously, Geno/Benjo/Rayman would make the DLC pass an immediate buy for me. Also, I half expect Sylux for Prime 4 promotion as a nintendo rep, which would be okay in my book (Spirit or No, Im sticking to my guns).
That's the third party dream team for DLC. I guess Sylux is cool. I really hope one of them is Ninten too :)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
That's pretty close to what my predictions are, Geno/Banjo/B. Dee/2 1st party reps. I could see Ninten. I haven't played Mother 1 (or 3) yet but it does kinda feel weird that we only have the protags of Mother 2 and 3. Even though Ninten isn't from Mother 3, I could see them announcing him alongside a Mother 3 remake/port/whatever. The characters I was thinking were most likely were some Luigi's Mansion 3 rep (E. Gadd seems like the best choice), some Metroid Prime 4 rep (no idea, haven't played the prime series. i want chozo though lmao), or some Zelda rep for an upcoming game (majoras mask style sequel to botw would be ideal). Other than that, not sure. There's obviously a bunch of games they could announce that we've never heard of.

D

Deleted member

While I'd personally prefer Porky, I'm always down for mother getting more love.
IKR. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, so I think there better be a Mother game coming to Switch, like Mother 3 translated or Earthbound Beginnings on the NES online, and Nintendo is choosing the DLC, so adding Ninten or Porky would promote either of those games

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
That's pretty close to what my predictions are, Geno/Banjo/B. Dee/2 1st party reps. I could see Ninten. I haven't played Mother 1 (or 3) yet but it does kinda feel weird that we only have the protags of Mother 2 and 3. Even though Ninten isn't from Mother 3, I could see them announcing him alongside a Mother 3 remake/port/whatever. The characters I was thinking were most likely were some Luigi's Mansion 3 rep (E. Gadd seems like the best choice), some Metroid Prime 4 rep (no idea, haven't played the prime series. i want chozo though lmao), or some Zelda rep for an upcoming game (majoras mask style sequel to botw would be ideal). Other than that, not sure. There's obviously a bunch of games they could announce that we've never heard of.
Lucas was released like a week before Mother 1 got localized so Ninten coming with 3 seems like a fair trade.

Oof yeah I forgot about Zelda. If Skyward Sword HD is legit, I could see them maybe adding Fi. She even has a player icon in SSBU.

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Wow, going fast as usual. I've not been active for some time, i have a test week at the moment. I'll probably be more active after it's done.

So, is there something noteworthy or not?

D

Deleted member

Wow, going fast as usual. I've not been active for some time, i have a test week at the moment. I'll probably be more active after it's done.

So, is there something noteworthy or not?
Well, nothing new but I think we should remember valkiriforce valkiriforce 's leaker who has confirmed that Geno is in

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Lucas was released like a week before Mother 1 got localized so Ninten coming with 3 seems like a fair trade.

Oof yeah I forgot about Zelda. If Skyward Sword HD is legit, I could see them maybe adding Fi. She even has a player icon in SSBU.
I feel like SS HD is more of a "Aonuma wanted to see if we'd buy it" and isn't actually in development... yet. IMO it's gonna be late 2019 or 2020 when it comes out. It's a remake so it won't take super long, but I feel like we might get a different (new) Zelda before it. Maybe a new 2D Zelda? It's been a while since the last 2D Zelda.

I really see Porky being one of the Nintendo Reps, and Ninten a Free echo.
I WANT ECHOES,
I really hope we get echos as free/cheaper fighters seperate from the pass. It would be such a waste not to.

D

Deleted member

I WANT ECHOES,
ME TOO. Ninten as a Lucas echo (I think he should be unique, but a Lucas echo would work, and I will take it if it means we can get Porky as well) and Porky would be the dream Mother series package

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
ME TOO. Ninten as a Lucas echo (I think he should be unique, but a Lucas echo would work, and I will take it if it means we can get Porky as well) and Porky would be the dream Mother series package
That reminds me... I need to finish that slideshow! :Zooms to google slides:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
So what's your guys favorite character from Mario RPG? (besides Geno of course) I like Mallow, but I'm gonna go with Boshi. I don't know why lol.

Also what's your favorite game because why not? Mines Mother 3
Other Favorite characters in SMRPG:
Mario, Peach, Bowser, Mallow, Boshi, Yoshi, Booster, Jonathan Jones, The Axem Rangers, Croco, and Frogfucius

Favorite game:
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My favorite non-Geno SMRPG character is Mr. Kipper. I think you know why.

In all seriousness, though, the Axem Rangers are pretty great. I'm still sad they only got a few minutes of screentime.

D

Deleted member

Just a question about Super Mario RPG: Does Square Enix own all of the characters created in that game?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I WANT ECHOES,
When clones were rebranded as Echoes I really was expecting them to go all out on Echoes but really it feels like we only got a handful of echoes, and a lot of potential echoes deconfirmed. I really hope we do get an "Echo pack" in the future or something, or echoes as complimentary pieces with the DLC fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom