• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone06

Smash Ace
To me, it sounds like he certainly said that as pure speculation, but Gamefaqs conveniently left off/misinterpreted that bit. He’s been adamant that Wave 2 isn’t set in stone yet, and he’s likely said that if one happens, those two would likely be prime candidates.
Even though we 100% don't know at all and have no proof, they would be stupid not to do a second wave. They released Ultimate pretty early in the Switch's lifespan. This is all we're getting for a while. They need to milk it for all it's worth. I know if they release a second wave, I'd buy the characters, especially if they are fan favourites. I mean this is where Nintendo needs to pay attention to the demands of the fans. I'm all for "appreciating what you get" but someone mentioned it earlier that this is a product and we're the consumers. They do need to pay attention to us at least a little bit. I don't even like Waluigi, but he is quite demanded. I can accept him getting in.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
my favorite memories were these:

old: when brawl was first announced and my little kid mind was over ecstatic of all the really cool reveals the game had to offer.

new: When megaman was announced I literally screamed so loud my father told me to shut up. best day ever. then when the game came out I trained as megaman until i was known to be the best megaman in norcal for quite sometime.

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I really don't want to sound sappy or cheesy, but...

There's so much tragedy, hope, and peace mixed together in this song, and this remix in particular really augments all three of those emotions.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
new: When megaman was announced I literally screamed.
I did the same out of sheer hype! Seriously, during that time, it felt like anything (anyone) was possible...Then Cloud got in as DLC. Having FF7 being my first ever Final Fantasy, I screamed as well lol.

D

Deleted member

I really don't want to sound sappy or cheesy, but...

There's so much tragedy, hope, and peace mixed together in this song, and this remix in particular really augments all three of those emotions.
This is so beautiful, it makes me cry lol

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Let's just go ahead and pinky promise that if Geno's not in that we'll do the most rational thing and kill ourselves one by one and Livestream it on Twitch.
Never in my life have I heard something so rational. This will get Nintendo's attention for sure! Genobros more like genocide.
Jeez.. just under 30 pages until we pass the Brawl thread in size. This is absolutely crazy.

View attachment 180658

What is your favorite memory regarding Smash Bros.? Anything.
One that sticks out to me was the launch day for Smash Bros. for Wii U. It was a cold Friday, and I had a plan to spend the entire night playing the game with friends once it came in the mail that day. We had the basement to ourselves, so I was able to set chairs up and hook up the Wii U to the back of the TV. The only TV I had ever used for Smash before I bought a new one was an old Sony CRT that weighed a ton, so getting behind it was a real effort, but it was worth it.

Something like this was about right:

Even though we were locked at 720p, it was amazing the first time we turned on the game. It looked so clean compared to Brawl. We tried to unlock as many characters as we could before my friends had to leave, but learning the game with everyone at the same time was such a good experience. Hopefully Ultimate will bring a similar feeling next week. :laugh:
My favorite memory probably has to be just experiencing Brawl in general. This was my first Smash game, and I really had no idea what to expect. This was still a time for me where secrets in video games were still secrets, and I had a blast discorvering everything the game had to offer. Subspace was fantastic, and vs mode was so much fun. I must've had so many sleepovers (I called them "wakeovers" lol) where we just played smash. My friends helped me through the game as well, giving me tips on unlocks and such. This was my first time experiencing so many new characters which I would come to love. I don't really know if I'd be such a huge Nintendo fan if it weren't for this game.
Looking back, it's funny how little I knew about these characters and their origins, but came to love them anyway. Before unlocking him, I imagined Toon Link as a Minecraft styled link. After seeing Game & Watch in a picture of the select screen online, I figured he was a variation of the random button. Marth was a girl (I thought it was short for Martha) before I reread his unlock milestone. I frequently confused Ganondorf and Gandalf as well. This game, however, made me want to discover these origins, and find out who all these characters I adored were. I began researching all I could about smash, such as the characters, past games, and cut content. I remember begging my parents for my iPad late at night so I could check which characters were part of the original 12, because I had forgoten. This eventually led me to buy Melee as well, but I won't get into that. Brawl is a really magical game to me.

I've never, however, gotten a bunch of friends to play on release. I first played brawl after its launch, and Smash 4 just wasn't very popular at all. It didn't help a lot of my elementary school friends were moving on from Smash Bros and Nintendo in general. Over the past few years though, I've made many good friends who are just as excited for the game as I (well, maybe not that exited :laugh:). I'll be playing with them on release, or at least that weekend, probably all day and night. I'm really excited.

Also, shoutouts to my Smash 4 Lucas reaction, where I screamed the loudest I probably ever will for a Smash reveal. I missed my boi.

I noticed that. It also seems like every assist got one as well. Something I found rather interesting is that the final 5 was basically an "formatted" section that included out of left field icons, including Shantae.
It's pretty much the "important but not assist trophy status" row (aside from devil Kawashima why is he there lol?). At least it basically confirms Gematsu with Chorus Kids being the Rhythm Heaven choice, although I'm not sure if I should be happy they're an icon or sad they were left out again.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I've been trying to keep people's hopes up a bit, I think it's just... Too early to give up?
Here, I'll try to lighten the mood and tell you all a funny story today!

Let me tell you that I'm more on here now when it comes to Geno's support instead of YouTube, but I got a YouTube notification today and another Sora fan, I will not state their name, got into it with me.

I posted a comment on a Smash Ultimate 4-player demo video a week ago saying, "The flying man was making me laugh so hard", because the flying man (stage hazard) on Magicant was making me laugh when it kept interfering with the fight and tried to keep hitting Simon Belmont off the stage.
A Geno fan ran into me on my comment and asked if Sora was entirely owned by Disney instead of Square, (he saw my comment on another video, decided to ask me on the 4-player video), and I told them yes; he asked if I knew why Disney owned him, but all I know is they bought his rights completely from Square.

A week later, which is today, a Sora fan came into my comment section and said, "Why wouldn't Disney give him away but gave away Thanos to Fortnite lmao"
Words couldn't describe how hard I facepalmed and laughed so hard at this.
I told him in reply, "Because Fortnite is owned by another company and they probably had to buy the rights to use Thanos in the game. Disney just can't give them Sora, Nintendo has to buy his rights." There's some info going around that Disney owns a little bit of Epic Games, Fortnite's developer, which means Disney could add their owned content in the game if they wanted to, and they own Marvel now. If this is true, then that guy's going to be even more disappointed; he's pretty much asking why Disney can add their own content in their own game, and why can't they add their owned content in a Nintendo game for free. LOL

Then they responded with, "lmao you say it as if Nintendo won't help", then they deleted their comment, but I can still see it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't worry about Gamefaqs seem like a good bunch of people who heard wrong info. I doubt a wave 2 myself but let's just see how things play out all the best to Gamefaqs. And I trust PolarPanda and his info. Will leave it at that.

Favorite memory of Super Smash Bros?

The entire wait for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate first trailer to all the characters getting announced as returning to Ridley, and King K. Rool's unveils.

It's been great never been more hyped for a Super Smash Bros. game.

Playing it will top everything but this all Sakurai's hard-work.

It's going to pay off big time next week I was glad I was along for the ride!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Probably the day that Lucas got announced as DLC in Smash 4. At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke, but then I watched the reveal.

I was so... so happy it wasn't a joke...

Me scaring the life out of my friend due to me screeching like a pterodactyl when Ridley was announced is a close second though.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
difficult to pinpoint a specific Smash Bros memory for me. Most of the time spent playing the games is a little bit of a blur since I played so freaking much of it, both with friends and solo, that it kinda meshes together. And they're all special to me in their own way.

Smash 64 was special, because as a child, I never ventured outside of my comfort zone with video games. If it wasn't Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, or a cartoon I recognized, I wasn't going to play it. Then that fateful commercial with Mario, DK, Yoshi, and Pikachu in the sunflower field to the "Happy Together" song came on, and I had to have the game. I was introduced to six unfamiliar characters. I rented and borowed Kirby, Star Fox, and Zelda on the N64 and became a big fan of them all.

Melee took it a step further with the trophy gallery. I bought Animal Crossing and Pikmin because of trophies and played the retro games within animal crossing for hours because of their melee trophies. And I absolutely stuffed my Wii with virtual console games that were familiar from the trophy gallery. Not to mention Melee just seemed so much bigger than Smash 64, I stayed up for hours playing it, and it was the first game that I ever played a ton of multiplayer with friends.

Brawl was a huge deal for me. I was now a seasoned Nintendo fan who took a dive into Nintendo's back catalog. Characters that I was dumbfounded about not being in melee got in like Diddy and Wario, and characters I was a newfound fan of were in like Dedede, Pit, and Olimar...maybe you noticed earlier that I said as a kid I didn't play a game if it wasn't "Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, or a cartoon I recognized" ...I was a massive Sonic fanatic. I was ecstatic when Sonic came to Nintendo consoles ( bringing with him his entire back catalog, current games, and new original games I might add, something 3rd parties don't really do these days ) ...Well, I wake up in the grumpiest mood one day, knowing i'd be biking to school in the rain, mad that the last update for the Smash Dojo was late. I see newcomer, and saw Sonic's trailer, and flipped out. My head was in the clouds all day. On top of this the game had this huge story mode with the characters interacting with one another, which was my freaking jam. I LOVED crossovers back then... still do actually... To top it off, Brawl was the first game I ever went to a midnight release for. I cosplayed as Ness ( my friend who worked at the gamecrazy told me cosplay was encouraged but then I was the only one ) and I ran home quickly to play. Brawl ended up starting the tradition of playing Smash Bros at every get together with my then, and still current, group of friends.

Smash 4... was admittedly less special than the others. But you know that feeling I described for Sonic? Well I felt that again with Little Mac. I became absolutely OBSESSED with Punch-Out in my time exploring the Nintendo catalog. I cheated to get the game in Animal Crossing and it was probably the game I played most frequently next to Zelda 1. Was excetatic to see the trailer for the Wii game several years later, but before that, Little Mac was my most wanted character for Brawl right behind Sonic. I was so sad to see him as an assist, though he ended up being the character that made me happiest when he did appear... even if he was kinda dumb and jumped off the sides a lot. But anyway, I could not be in a better mood the day he was announced.

Sorry, these weren't really Smash Memories so much as they were Nintendo memories, huh?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Kingdom Hearts 3 is right around the corner, Square will be back to status quo in a matter of time.

Geno getting in would certainly drive interest in him and his origin. If you don't believe me look at :ultrichter:, who's probably the most unknown newcomer and yet among the most popular. People get interested in things unfamiliar to them, and Geno certainly has enough potential to win people over in many ways.
I can confirm this because I fell in love with Richter, someone in Castlevania who I've never heard of.

The only Castlevania game I played was the first one on the NES, it was only Simon, but I knew there were more Belmonts out there; Trevor for example. Two of them came to Smash, one being my boy Simon and this other guy... Richter. I learned more about him and he's one of the Belmonts that wants to bring back Dracula from the dead and beat him a second time to show how strong of a Belmont he is... Now THAT is badass; that's like breaking your arch rival out of jail and wanting to put them in a second time for fun. I'm honestly not sure who to main when it comes to Simon or Richter, but Richter sounds like a total badass, so he's in consideration. I'm gonna have to play one of Richter's games to get a good feeling with him. I always feel better when I play as a character who I know (when I play as them in their original games), because you just feel so connected with them.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Probably the day that Lucas got announced as DLC in Smash 4. At first I thought it was an April Fool's joke, but then I watched the reveal.

Me scaring the life out of my friend due to me screeching like a pterodactyl when Ridley was announced is a close second though.
Oh man I completely forgot about when I first played SSE in Brawl having never previously played a Smash Game and seeing Ness for the first time. He shared his name with my cat so that immediatly made his character stand out to me, so I got invested in his character. And that's how I got to be an annoying EB fan. Lulz.

For real, SSBB changed my life for the better by introducing me to the Mother series. Been obssessed with them for 10 years now.

Last edited:

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
Jeez.. just under 30 pages until we pass the Brawl thread in size. This is absolutely crazy.

View attachment 180658

One that sticks out to me was the launch day for Smash Bros. for Wii U. It was a cold Friday, and I had a plan to spend the entire night playing the game with friends once it came in the mail that day. We had the basement to ourselves, so I was able to set chairs up and hook up the Wii U to the back of the TV. The only TV I had ever used for Smash before I bought a new one was an old Sony CRT that weighed a ton, so getting behind it was a real effort, but it was worth it.

Even though we were locked at 720p, it was amazing the first time we turned on the game. It looked so clean compared to Brawl. We tried to unlock as many characters as we could before my friends had to leave, but learning the game with everyone at the same time was such a good experience. Hopefully Ultimate will bring a similar feeling next week. :laugh:

Hopefully I’m not too late to respond about this but My favorite Smash moment or Moments was the Smash Ballot as a whole it was pretty fun I remember staying up super late on multiple occasions and looking at everyone’s opinions, like for example I remember a livestream from Etika where he was comparing K. Rool’s And Shovel knight’s chances and I was staying up all night to watch that.

Been Memory though was K. Rool’s reveal, Man I was crying I was so happy My friends who are Also Smash fans were like “No way K. Rool is getting in the game” and I was so happy they were proven wrong cause he was my number one want for Newcomers. Of course now my number one choice is Geno so hopefully he’s getting in.

D

Deleted member

Even at the time of Smash 4, I didn't know Earthbound and I didn't know who Lucas was, but he was one of my favorite characters in Brawl, and I was so sad when he was cut from the base roster of Smash 4. I was so happy for him being DLC. It scares me that April fools's was his reveal trailer's date...

RingJ5

Smash Ace

Let me tell you that I'm more on here now when it comes to Geno's support instead of YouTube, but I got a YouTube notification today and another Sora fan, I will not state their name, got into it with me.

I posted a comment on a Smash Ultimate 4-player demo video a week ago saying, "The flying man was making me laugh so hard", because the flying man (stage hazard) on Magicant was making me laugh when it kept interfering with the fight and tried to keep hitting Simon Belmont off the stage.
A Geno fan ran into me on my comment and asked if Sora was entirely owned by Disney instead of Square, (he saw my comment on another video, decided to ask me on the 4-player video), and I told them yes; he asked if I knew why Disney owned him, but all I know is they bought his rights completely from Square.

A week later, which is today, a Sora fan came into my comment section and said, "Why wouldn't Disney give him away but gave away Thanos to Fortnite lmao"
I told him in reply, "Because Fortnite is owned by another company and they probably had to buy the rights to use Thanos in the game. Disney just can't give them Sora, Nintendo has to buy his rights." There's some info going around that Disney owns a little bit of Epic Games, Fortnite's developer, which means Disney could add their owned content in the game if they wanted to, and they own Marvel now. If this is true, then that guy's going to be even more disappointed; he's pretty much asking why Disney can add their own content in their own game, and why can't they add their owned content in a Nintendo game for free. LOL

Then they responded with, "lmao you say it as if Nintendo won't help", then they deleted their comment, but I can still see it.
I can't wait to see how they'll feel when they find out Sora isn't the "Square" rep. PolarPanda PolarPanda , what in the hell would we do without you? You're the man.
Not sure that Disney actually owns any stock in Epic like you say, but there’s a far simpler explanation for this, with evidence to back it up.

Disney didn’t care about Thanos being in Fortnite because that whole thing was temporary. Disney gets ten times worse about that kind of thing when it’s a permanent engagement, just look at what they did to MVCI.

There’s even an exact Kingdom Hearts-related example that can be used in this case: Sora’s appearance in World of Final Fantasy. It was free DLC that was only available for a month and has never returned since, not even for the game’s recent re-release. I heavily doubt that Disney would make any sort of exception for Smash, even considering the game’s popularity.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I was chatting with my friend recently and he is a Geno fan as well. He does not do forum stuff but keeps up with certain things with Ultimate leaks without diving to deep like I have lol.

I had mentioned everything this thread has put together, PolarPanda PolarPanda and their info, evidence for Geno's inclusion also against, Verges list, etc. And my friend looks at me with a seriousness in his face and says

"Geno is a lock"

As this site has taught me, expectations must be in check. Yet I asked him how are you so sure? I have reservations because of everything going on. Loved his answer.

"This game is already amazing, why not go all in?"

I wont go all in, but now I am more into Geno's favor more than ever. My friend always has these gut feelings that somehow come true, so here's to hoping!

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209

Why did you edit out the part where you called me "the man" lol. ;)

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Stupid question, but do you think perhaps DQ11 being at the Game Awards is the reasoning why these DQ characters are being talked about by so many leakers? Maybe they're purposeful bait in that regard...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stupid question, but do you think perhaps DQ11 being at the Game Awards is the reasoning why these DQ characters are being talked about by so many leakers? Maybe they're purposeful bait in that regard...
There was a leak started by Leaky Pandy a while back that a DQ11 character would be revealed for Smash DLC at the game awards. Along with some other stuff.

Leaky Pandy has had a horrible track record though. So even if it does happen, it's probably coincidence rather than Leaky Pandy knowing anything

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
There was a leak started by Leaky Pandy a while back that a DQ11 character would be revealed for Smash DLC at the game awards. Along with some other stuff.

Leaky Pandy has had a horrible track record though. So even if it does happen, it's probably coincidence rather than Leaky Pandy knowing anything
Yeah... I'm really starting to doubt a DQ character... Especially one from 11.

Dan

Smash Lord
You know what has always fascinated me? What is the origin of this? A lot of people (even PapaGenos) erroneously believe it's a track left in the game's data, but the "Forest Mushroom" track is more likely a Mario & Luigi song.

So what is the origin of this track? The quality is amazing if it's fan-made. If this was actually really in the game's data it would be a huge deal, but it's just one of those things that everyone kind of ignores. It's not actually on the game's disc, so it just randomly appeared on YouTube one day.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You know what has always fascinated me? What is the origin of this? A lot of people (even PapaGenos) erroneously believe it's a track left in the game's data, but the "Forest Mushroom" track is more likely a Mario & Luigi song.

So what is the origin of this track? The quality is amazing if it's fan-made. If this was actually really in the game's data it would be a huge deal, but it's just one of those things that everyone kind of ignores. It's not actually on the game's disc, so it just randomly appeared on YouTube one day.
The data for the track was in game along with a few others from Zelda and Mother. This is a fan made version of the song. I believe he also made one for the other missing tracks as well but this mystery helped fuel post game Geno speculation.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
As of Midnight on the East Coast, it’s officially one week till Smash Ultimate’s release, feels so unreal. :lol: Hard to believe I’ll be playing as K. Rool and Simon Belmont pretty soon, hopefully Geno will show up later as DLC.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Has anyone else pointed out that SMRPG is the only game with Spirits in Ultimate without music? Notable songs: Mach Rider, Golden Sun, even Baten Kaitos, Monster Hunter, Dillon, Wonderful 101. Most of these are returning from the past games, but Beware Forest Maze still isnt in...
That is just blatantly untrue. Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Hotel Dusk, Another Code, Famicom Tantei Club, there are many series with Spirits and no tracks.

Glad to hear that Dillon got a song though.

Saw this in the Isaac thread and figured it would be appreciated here, for obvious reasons.
Now I got the awesome head canon of Assist Trophies being in some sort of chain gang and working to escape Shawshank style. I know Geno is an AT but he’s too important to not be in a good headcanon.

Dan

Smash Lord
The data for the track was in game along with a few others from Zelda and Mother. This is a fan made version of the song. I believe he also made one for the other missing tracks as well but this mystery helped fuel post game Geno speculation.
Cutting Room Floor:

A12_MORINOKINOKO - The name translates to "Forest Mushrooms". Although the most popular theory is that this was "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" from Super Mario RPG, its position in the list—which follows a general chronological trend—reveals that it was most likely the theme for Toadwood Forest, from Partners in Time. It would have been yet another theme for the underground version of the Mushroomy Kingdom stage.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Favorite Smash memories...let's see...

64: Unlocking Jigglypuff, who took me by complete surprise. "THERE'S MOOORE?" (I was like 8)

Melee: There are a lot, but probably beating Giga Bowser for the very first time.

Brawl: This was when I joined Smash discussions, and it was great sharing happiness with people that wanted the same characters that I did.

4: By far, e3 2013. I got 2 of my most wanteds back to back. Villager and Mega Man, both characters who I wanted in since I was about 10 years old. Villager is especially notable, as I was really bummed when I read that Brawl interview where Sakurai said Animal Crossing wasn't fit to star in a fighting game series, so that made the reveal all the sweeter. Wii Fit Trainer was also a really cool and funny addition.

Ultimate: e3 Direct, easily. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I clapped several times watching it.
"I saw the Ice Climbers, and I claaaapped!"
"I saw Snake and the message "Everyone is Here!", and I claaaapped!"
"I saw Daisy, and laughed, and then I claaaapped!"
"I saw Ridley, thought I was being trolled at first, and then I c...heered."

There's plenty more, but these stand out.

Dan

Smash Lord
My Smash memories are essentially trading in a Monsters, Inc. playset Christmas 2001 for Melee and faking sick to stay home and play SSE for at least a day (that game felt like it took forever to come out -- well, it did).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Favorite memories are easy for me: Ridley and Cloud reveals. Followed closely by "everyone is here" moment. Nothing in my mind can top those yet. Ultimate DLC is gonna have a challenge topping any of those now.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
That is just blatantly untrue. Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Hotel Dusk, Another Code, Famicom Tantei Club, there are many series with Spirits and no tracks.

Glad to hear that Dillon got a song though.

Now I got the awesome head canon of Assist Trophies being in some sort of chain gang and working to escape Shawshank style. I know Geno is an AT but he’s too important to not be in a good headcanon.
Yeah, we covered that this theory of mine was wrong, you didn't have to bring it up again, thanks :'(

I really think there's still hope for at least Matthew. It'll be JUST like playing Isaac! (Honestly though if this was the case I would've loved an Isaac in his Dark Dawn form as AT or if he was playable you could swap between adult Isaac and kid Isaac)

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
The night is calling me Geno bros so Goodnight everyone!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Biggest Memories:

My memories of Melee were of getting a gamecube and smash as Christmas presents when the gamecube first came out but convincing my mom to let me open everything up and play Melee to "make sure it worked" well before Christmas.... and never exactly putting it back away. I also distinctly remember my struggle to unlock Mewtwo who was the character I wanted to play as most. I found out you unlocked him after 700 matches and literally sat and played one-stock battles with I think either Pichu or Pikachu for hours where I just ran off the stage and died. I probably did this almost 500 times because I'd really only been playing adventure mode and classic to unlock characters up until that point. I ended up getting a painful blister on my thumb from all the self-kills. But boy was I happy to finally unlock Mewtwo and he's been my main ever since.

My next biggest memory was watching the E3 direct of ultimate on a stream with some internet friends and us all going crazy over "Everyone is Here" and then losing my **** over Ridley finally getting in. The internet-wide celebration was glorious and tbh I decided right after the direct that I was going to buy a Switch which I did a few weeks later.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'll drop a a favorite memory. Lesse...

One good one is pretty much the entirety of Brawl's lead up to release. The daily blog updates, for like a year, gave me the biggest joy each day--I specifically remember I had no internet at the time, so I made a special trip to use the computers at the library to check the update after work each day. Some days were harder than others, as I had to be quiet, lol. But it was something I looked forward to each day, and often got me through terrible days at work. One day in particular I remember was when that Yoshi's Story credits song was the update, and I was listening to it, in public, floored by how tearjerking it was. Made that day for me, if I remember right.

Another in the same vein was Olimar's reveal. He was my most wanted in Brawl, so I freaked out. Pretty sure I cried listening to the remix that came with that update. Thankfully, I think I had internet by that time, lol.

So yeah...Brawl was big for me. The lead up, the single player focus (Subspace,) I got my most wanted...still the Smash I hold dearest to my heart.

Dan

Smash Lord
I'll drop a a favorite memory. Lesse...

One good one is pretty much the entirety of Brawl's lead up to release. The daily blog updates, for like a year, gave me the biggest joy each day--I specifically remember I had no internet at the time, so I made a special trip to use the computers at the library to check the update after work each day. Some days were harder than others, as I had to be quiet, lol. But it was something I looked forward to each day, and often got me through terrible days at work. One day in particular I remember was when that Yoshi's Story credits song was the update, and I was listening to it, in public, floored by how tearjerking it was. Made that day for me, if I remember right.

Another in the same vein was Olimar's reveal. He was my most wanted in Brawl, so I freaked out. Pretty sure I cried listening to the remix that came with that update. Thankfully, I think I had internet by that time, lol.

So yeah...Brawl was big for me. The lead up, the single player focus (Subspace,) I got my most wanted...still the Smash I hold dearest to my heart.
I love that; some people will never know that newcomers just dropped on random mornings with a few screenshots and a writeup Brawl era. I kind of miss those times, compared to people competing for the best reaction on YouTube and people caring more about the reactions than the reveal itself.

D

Deleted member

Unlocking ROB while my friend was at my house and him unironically thinking it was Wall-E because there was a Wall-E video game (that he had played (he thinks its trash nowadays)) and shouting "WALL-E!" is still a gem LOL. we were both like younger than 10 but still

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387

View attachment 180658

Getting Brawl back in elementary, using ZSS for the first time, being afraid of the strange feelings I was getting

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Smash memories ? I remember a few.

Back in Melee , I was very young(Like 6/7) and I struggled against most CPUs that were harder than lvl 3 lol. My memory card wasn't working properly , so each time I played a GC game , I started from the very beginning... And it was the same with Melee. I remember unlocking Dr.Mario and Puff over and over again , so they became special for me.

For Brawl , I didn't followed the hype , I got a Wii pretty late compared to everyone else. I loved the game tho , and Olimar just... Completely catched my interest. It must be because I got both Pikmin 2 and Brawl with my Wii during the same christmas !
I was pretty bad , but I managed to finish Subspace , and I loved the cinematics. I was still young (around 10-12) , so a lot of my experiences with the game are still nostalgic to me. The remix of Stickerbush Symphony became my favorite piece of music EVER.

And then Sm4sh came... At first , I didn't hard much interest in it. But one of my friends (Wich I don't talk to anymore) invited me to his birthday party , and we were going to do a small Brawl tournament ! So I practiced a lot... And I actually fell in love with competitive play. It was so fun , and for me , the possibilities were endless.

Eventually , I picked up Sm4sh for Christmas with the GC adaptator and a few amiibos , and this was the best decision of my life.
I was still impressively bad. I knew what all moves did , but I often practiced alone , until I tried For Glory , and I played online a lot. A bit too much to be honest , this wasn't good for school lol. But it gave something to look forward to , except play video games and read mangas.
I eventually encounter a few online Friends Wich I still talk to often to this day , and one of them introduced me to a discord server of a friend wich was in a Smash crew... And I practiced so much on this server , I remember improving very fast despise my obscure characters (Olimar , Dedede , Pac-man) and eventually , I even managed to join this crew ! I was still one of the weakest member , but I improved a lot. It also led me to join the Olicord , Dededecord , and Pacord.

And then came Ultimate. I wanted nothing in particular , except the Ices Climbers. And I got what I wanted , I smiled all way through the E3 direct.
And then the august direct. I wasn't at Home when it was live-streamed , and just before watching it... I saw a thumbnail of an Alpharad video wich featured Simon and Richter. I was so mad lol
But damn , Chrom was very special to me , and trust me on that , during the King K Rool reveal , I didn't know much of the King , but I was like "PLEASE BE K ROOL DEDEDE GO AWAY" and I was blowned away. Also , I remember beeing speechless at the 900 tracks and 103 stages.
Isabelle , I liked her , but how the community reacted to her ? It was... Kind of a kick in the nuts honestly.
Before Isabelle , I learned about who was Geno (I already did a post about it) and other very wanted characters like Isaac , Banjo, Skull Kid... And I just wanted ONE of them to be in.
I got no one. The grinch leak didn't helped at all.
Incineroar was cool... But damn the last direct killed my hype. Online look very weird , Spirits reminded me of FE Heroes , the AT massacre left a bad taste in my mouth (COME ON , AT LEAST , GIVE ISAAC HIS BATTLE THEME , NOT FELIX BATTLE THEME !),and... Seeing Chibi-robo as a costume was the only thing that made me happy , because it was more that I thought he could ever get.
But the DLCs gave me a bit of hope , but damn... I got the feeling that if you wanted Geno , you must have been a cry baby that wasn't happy with anything. I hated how the community was like "HoW CAn YOU criTIcIzE UltIMaTE ?!". But **** it , I found the Geno thread , and it felt like home. And seriously , I got called "*******" for wanting him. I know It's the internet , but the later part of Ultimate hype cycle was bad for me.

Oh gosh this post is long , guess I shared almost every memories I had with Smash Bros.

Last edited:

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
Smash memories? In college our entire dorm building gathered to play smash daily. 12 plus people usually. We've had lasting friendships for over 10 years now. The same group of friends we created a broomball team called The Super Smash Bros. Broomball is kind of like hockey without skates. I was Mr. Game and Watch. We did a Smash reunion about 5 years ago. We're probably dude for another one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom