• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I believe I posted it before, but ATs are not going to be playable at all in Wave 1. That's for sure. And as mentioned in the past, Wave 2 hasn't been discussed at all yet. If there's a wave 2, it's undecided. So ATs have a chance if we ever get a second wave. The fighter pass will NOT include any characters who are ATs. Mii costumes might have a very slim chance, but since he was told they're compensation, I'd be incredibly skeptical of any mii costume characters being in this fighter pass.
Trying to get this thread back on track, so let me get this straight.

Mii costumes deconfirm.

Every single character that was a Mii costume in Smash 4 except for Geno, Lloyd, and Heihachi(also Jacky, but his series already has a rep in Akira so I’m not counting him) appear to have three forms of representation in the base game. Spirit, icon, and some third more substantial form, whether a character, boss, AT, a costume again, or even a Final Smash appearance.

Geno would be literally the only Mii Costume in the game with the two smaller representations and not the third, not even his costume, which seems particularly weird to me.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Of the Mario remixes already in the game, which one is everyone's favorite? They knocked it out of the park with them so it's hard to choose. I like to call this one "TFW you're a Target and the Edibles Kick In." God, Dixie Land jazz was such a great choice for this mix.

Oh wow, that is actually insanely good and I hadn't heard it until now, thank you for that!

Do spin-offs count? Because this was my fav until now.

Also, you have goo taste in music AND a great sense of humor? See, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I could never stay mad at you! ;)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, except for Banjo-Kazooie.
But you Geno fans don't have to worry about a certain block head competing with them.
Our "Steve" is basically Erdrick at this point. I didn't mention Banjo just because so many insiders have been saying that he's flat out not in and, of course, my whole sentiment is "how would you even know that?" I haven't checked up on them in a few days but I know the whole discussion going on now is if Vergeben is trying to commit insider hari-kari with his Enderdragon statement.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I got new info. I'll post a screenshot soon, just asking him to make sure it's ok. But for now, I'll say this: unfortunately Isaac was never considered.
Well, better luck next game. :ohwell: Granted, it was already obvious to me at this stage, at least his music's in here again.

Our "Steve" is basically Erdrick at this point. I didn't mention Banjo just because so many insiders have been saying that he's flat out not in and, of course, my whole sentiment is "how would you even know that?" I haven't checked up on them in a few days but I know the whole discussion going on now is if Vergeben is trying to commit insider hari-kari with his Enderdragon statement.
Actually, it's hara-kiri.

Oh, and incidentally, DQ has a Minecraft-esque spin-off, even.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I got new info. I'll post a screenshot soon, just asking him to make sure it's ok. But for now, I'll say this: unfortunately Isaac was never considered.
Jeez. hmmm I always wondered how exactly Sakurai eliminates a character or decides to go with it. I mean he has spoken about it in a general basis like popular etc... hmm.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't know about insiders saying Banjo-Kazooie isn't in.

That was just in regards to the base-roster, wasn't in? And all Vergeben seems to know is the SE character and that Minecraft may have a boss.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Jeez. hmmm I always wondered how exactly Sakurai eliminates a character or decides to go with it. I mean he has spoken about it in a general basis like popular etc... hmm.
It's because the GS franchise is pretty much dead, apparently. Geno at least has a shot because he is tied to the Mario RPG franchise as a whole, which include the Mario & Luigi games, which are still going strong. (And he's heavily tied to Mario's history). GS was definitely big for the GBA-era and DS era to a smaller extent, but he's not quite considered retro yet or anything.

He got an AT and mii costume to compensate his fans. Apparently NoA did NOT expect the backlash.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That is really silly

This hits pretty hard for the Isaac supporters, harder than Takamaru getting shafted twice

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm genuinely curious why you all say Erdrick? I've read the post and stuff, but I don't get it. Wouldn't Crono make more sense? I mean yeah he's old, but he's probably a bit (a bit) easier to get than Dragon Quest, plus has more popularity in the West. To me it's Crono VS. Geno for the spot, but that's just me (I don't believe Dragon Quest is happening for a second, nothing against it, I quite liked Rocket Slime on DS, but I just don't see it. Same for Sora. Sure, Crono has a lot of tape, but IF there is a Square Rep he is the only viable option next to Geno. That's just me though.)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's because the GS franchise is pretty much dead, apparently. Geno at least has a shot because he is tied to the Mario RPG franchise as a whole, which include the Mario & Luigi games, which are still going strong. (And he's heavily tied to Mario's history). GS was definitely big for the GBA-era and DS era to a smaller extent, but he's not quite considered retro yet or anything.

He got an AT and mii costume to compensate his fans. Apparently NoA did NOT expect the backlash.
It has been said before, but Geno is nothing without Mario. Mario was the one who introduced us to Geno, and he is also the only thread left that ties Geno to the modern age of gaming. It's a shame that Isaac does not have that benefit of relation.

D

Deleted member

I'm genuinely curious why you all say Erdrick? I've read the post and stuff, but I don't get it. Wouldn't Crono make more sense? I mean yeah he's old, but he's probably a bit (a bit) easier to get than Dragon Quest, plus has more popularity in the West. To me it's Crono VS. Geno for the spot, but that's just me (I don't believe Dragon Quest is happening for a second, nothing against it, I quite liked Rocket Slime on DS, but I just don't see it. Same for Sora. Sure, Crono has a lot of tape, but IF there is a Square Rep he is the only viable option next to Geno. That's just me though.)
We were saying we think a DQ character is unlikely

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That is really silly

This hits pretty hard for the Isaac supporters, harder than Takamaru getting shafted twice
At least Takamaru got his game released on VC, with any luck it'll be added to the Switch's online service at some point.

It has been said before, but Geno is nothing without Mario. Mario was the one who introduced us to Geno, and he is also the only thread left that ties Geno to the modern age of gaming. It's a shame that Isaac does not have that benefit of relation.
Yeah...I will say, I'm glad some of my less supported wants are tied to big series, they can stand a chance someday. GBA and lesser-used DS characters won't get that until the NES well dries up.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
If only Camelot put Isaac into a Mario sports title, maybe the Mario association excuse could have worked for him too then. >_>

The NoA not expecting backlash reaction is reminding me of how Nintendo didn't expect K Rool to have so much love still during the Smash 4 days. Granted I think that was NoJ and not NoA, but still...

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice

This doesn't surprise me, considering Issac didn't get a Mii costume in Wii U/3DS. Hope he's in the next one

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Personally, I see Mii Costumes and ATs as a nice thing, as it let's us know that Nintendo and Sakurai at least probably see the fan demand and such, or else I'd be mad about the Skull Kid costume (I'm technically not playing as him, but it's something, right?)

However, didn't this happen with Smash 4, regarding absences and the Geno & K. Rool costumes? You'd think Nintendo would expect this sort-of stuff by now, and realize most people only care about getting their favorite character as actually being playable.

edit: and lol yeah they didn't expect many people to want K. Rool; they may be doing some great things that fans want, but then there are some major things that their ears somehow manage to block. No disrespect for Nintendo, it just seems kinda funny to me.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Crono having a fraction of popularity in the west pales in comparison to how outshone it is by Dragon Quest in Japan. Even in the West, Dragon Quest is still an ongoing franchise that just recently had an AAA release. Crono is nothing short of insulting to Dragon Quest. If Square is going with something other than Geno (which would be out of Sakurai begging them for the character), they are presumably going corporate, which translates to Dragon Quest/Sora.

I don't know why we're taking Vergeben especially seriously at this point regardless when he needs to have Ender Dragon as a day 1 patch to maintain his streak of it being in the "base game." Minecraft content has been his big white whale he needed to prove.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Basically because "Chrono" is a dead franchise that Square Enix only likes to shill out for low quality Steam and cell phone ROMs. (something I resent them for) There's other things too but, just for the sake of letting things settle down, I'll pull back for a few days before I go back into my long winded arguments.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Xenother is now saying Geno isn't happening, despite admitting himself he heard Geno from 4 different sources who claim they think he was a red herring, and also my source hearing him.

I genuinely think some of these 'leakers' can't reason at all.

D

Deleted member

Crono having a fraction of popularity in the west pales in comparison to how outshone it is by Dragon Quest in Japan. Even in the West, Dragon Quest is still an ongoing franchise that just recently had an AAA release. Crono is nothing short of insulting to Dragon Quest. If Square is going with something other than Geno (which would be out of Sakurai begging them for the character), they are presumably going corporate, which translates to Dragon Quest/Sora.

I don't know why we're taking Vergeben especially seriously at this point regardless when he needs to have Ender Dragon as day 1 DLC to maintain his streak of it being in the "base game." Minecraft content has been his big white whale he needed to prove.
Iirc, Vergeben never said the Minecraft content will be in the base game, he said that there will be content, but he didn't know when it will be added. But, for PolarPanda PolarPanda I won't 100% take his word on that

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
We were saying we think a DQ character is unlikely
No. It's because every time I see someone mention a Square character, it's always Erdrick. I know there's people who don't think it's likely either, that's just the name that always comes up

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know why we're taking Vergeben especially seriously at this point regardless when he needs to have Ender Dragon as day 1 DLC to maintain his streak of it being in the "base game." Minecraft content has been his big white whale he needed to prove.
Agreed. According to the latest column, it seems the day 1 patch will seemingly just be for allowing replays, so I severely doubt this Verge rumor will hold any drop of water. His days are counted now.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Banjo-Kazooie is coming, the trademark came out of nowhere
Not to put a damper on things, but it's Banjo Kazooie's 20th anniversary this year and they produced Merchandise for it

Trademark isn't completely out of nowhere

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I’m going to be honest: How the **** did Nintendo not know this considering how many people voted for him on the ballot? I wasn’t huge Isaac supporter but even then I know the demand was massive.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Xenother is now saying Geno isn't happening, despite admitting himself he heard Geno from 4 different sources who claim they think he was a red herring, and also my source hearing him.

I genuinely think some of these 'leakers' can't reason at all.
Either that or it's just further proof these leakers haven't been doing their homework and just blindly accept other names.

D

Deleted member

Oh, yeah, the B-K trademark isn't out of nowhere, however the strings for Jet Force Gemini and Battle Corps in Ultimate's code are very odd.

No, Rare had it produced. The trademark was Rare's, not Nintendo's.
Really? I thought it was trademarked by Nintendo. Oh well. I still think they are coming

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Isaac and Waluigi really are brothers in arms for everything, up to and including backlash for being in as consolation prizes.

Either that or it's just further proof these leakers haven't been doing their homework and just blindly accept other names.
Given that, they come off as being no better than the average 4Chan text leak.

Oh, yeah, the B-K trademark isn't out of nowhere, however the strings for Jet Force Gemini and Battle Corps in Ultimate's code are very odd.

No, Rare had it produced. The trademark was Rare's, not Nintendo's.
Getting cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Well, I blanked out his name. He seems to be offline and I can't get ahold of him, but he's told me numerous time he doesn't mind me sharing his info, so long as I don't give his name out. This is what my source sent me today (also, don't judge Discord light theme :( also, I was the Sabi person he was tagging, haha)
infoo.png

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Seems like most of these “insiders” whose names I just learned the past couple weeks haven’t leaked anything credible for smash ultimate but now we’re listening to them because ??????

LOZ18 at least got something right before outing himself as a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom