• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
smh no love for barrel volcano's theme in this thread :sadsheep:

You know, that reminds me how I always wanted a 4 party M&L that had the Wario Bros as the other party members. I imagine that sort of game could revolve around the elemental ability concept of the first game with Mario having fire, Luigi having thunder, Wario having earth, and Waluigi having water. That would be such a cool game. Never thought of the 4 party concept while inserting SMRPG characters, though.
waluigi having water would work very well because he could cry, and wario would work well with earth because hes Large

im getting kinda tired of having to go back and re-edit posts because of the stupid double posting rules

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don't have any major horses in the race after K. Rool. I check threads for fun mostly nowdadys. I have no bitterness over who did or didn't make it so I'd be the last person to "take it out" on the Geno thread. Geno is a character I could best be described as being neutral towards, but because of my love for SMRPG and the curiousness of whether or not this character can actually make it into Smash after all these years, I used to check this thread occasionally. When I wanted to say as best as I could "hey guys, this thread is getting kinda negative," I was met with mostly civil disagreement. Understandable.

On the other hand, you have gotten strangely personal and aggressive to me. I don't know why. My views of discussion regarding Geno is not a personal attack on you or anyone else. You have constantly used hyperbole and even dragged out a conversation I wanted to end to keep arguing with me. I know whatever you think about my age, I'm way too old to get into emotional arguments over obscure video game characters. I ask you again to genuinely ponder why your posts are being reacted to the way they are. Any attempt to show you why is met with more hostility, it seems.
If you are neutral towards Geno that's prefectly fine. But if you're going to be characterizing anyone saying that he's more popular than x character, more likely than x character, or that x franchise isn't as big of a deal as SMRPG or whatever as being negative maybe you need to take a step back and realize this is a thread largely populated by people who are positive about Geno and by nature are going to focus on Geno. Being more positive about Geno doesn't make anyone negative. No one needs anyone to talk down to them for that, and you don't need to correct anyone's behavior.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I want an apology. Yes, people can learn things from people regardless of age or social standing or what have you is true but, again, you're talking to me as if this is some galaxy brain sentiment. Here's the thing: I didn't ask for advice or personal perspective. That's the kicker. "Let me tell you a thing or two" regularly does not go well with acquaintances. There's no established relationship here that warrants the degree of soul searching you were prescribing. Maybe I'm just being sore but, like I said, you don't tell your dad how to ****. There's lines that are carefully crossed even in close, personal relationships. We're not friends. We're certainly not enemies. If I'm being told to tuck in my shirt or get kicked in the dirt, I want to know who's telling me to check myself before I wreck myself. Psycho? Yeah, I'd let him call me a PoS. KCChief? Sure. But I don't know you so the implications are wildly inappropriate and, honestly, aggressive. That's the takeaway. I'll apologize too because I know this is probably a social faux pas that doesn't bother everyone but it does me.
I already apologized for appearing condescending. However,

Here's the thing: I didn't ask for advice or personal perspective. That's the kicker.

You asked me to restate my issue, and I did.

I'll just ask this: what do you want? Let's pretend this is a customer service desk at Walmart and just go from there.
The thing is, my initial sentiment was not directed at you, it was directed at the thread in general. You chose to make it personal. In fact, I have had Geno posters in this thread send PMs to me to apologize for how this thread has reacted to my presence. I implore you to ask why this is happening.

There is no requirement to be friends with someone to come into their thread and offer their perspective. You certainly aren't my dad or any authority figure. You say people are free to bash other Square characters and I'm free to share my own opinion on that. We are equals here. If you don't like my opinion or perspective, an appeal to authority will not help me come around to it.

D

Deleted member

I haven't been a Geno for Smash supporter as long as a lot of you have (I really started wanting him for Ultimate), but I really hope he makes it, because I want him and I want everyone who has wanted him for a long time to be happy :) I want a remake of Super Mario RPG, I want a Geno amiibo, and Geno in Ultimate! The VGA's/next Nintendo Direct are awaiting! (Remember, if Geno doesn't make it, we always have Super Smash Bros Legacy) :)

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Jeez a lot has happened since I read this thread earlier in the morning. I was going to make a post offering my two cents on the whole thing but it seems everyone has moved on so I'll pass on stirring anything up again.

Anyways, as for my top 5 songs from SMRPG that I would choose if Geno were to get in, probably:

1. Fight Against an Armed Boss
2. Fight Against Culex (even if it may be difficult procuring it)
3. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
4. And My Name's Booster
5. Fight Against Smithy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Of the Mario remixes already in the game, which one is everyone's favorite? They knocked it out of the park with them so it's hard to choose. I like to call this one "TFW you're at Target and the Edibles Kick In." God, Dixie Land jazz was such a great choice for this mix.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
ThIs ThReAd Is An EcHoChAmBeR
tfw everyone else in the group wants to move away from the conversation but one person keeps pushing the envelope

Also we've talked about this before but we have a lot of new peeps, so I guess I'll do mine again. Might even have changed.

1. Beware the Forest's Mushroom
2. Fight Against and Armed Boss
3. Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
4. A Melody of Hard-Working Moles Are Good Moles and Dolcaty Mountain Railroad
5. A Melody of Welcome to Booster Tower and And My Name's Booster

It's really hard to pick but I'm going by personal nostalgia, as a Melody of Welcome! Yo'ster Island!! and Let's Race or a melody of Fight Against Smithy and Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming would be super dope too.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Of the Mario remixes already in the game, which one is everyone's favorite? They knocked it out of the park with them so it's hard to choose. I like to call this one "TFW you're a Target and the Edibles Kick In." God, Dixie Land jazz was such a great choice for this mix.

for me its definitely the paper mario remix. the fact that rogueports theme got used in anything makes me really happy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Of the Mario remixes already in the game, which one is everyone's favorite? They knocked it out of the park with them so it's hard to choose. I like to call this one "TFW you're a Target and the Edibles Kick In." God, Dixie Land jazz was such a great choice for this mix.

The SMB2 ground remix is pretty lit, as is the new SMB3 ground theme remix.

For old remixes, SML underground can't be beat.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Gangplank Galleon is my favourite atm, I don't know if we got a Sky Tower Arrange (Kirby)

D

Deleted member

I don't really have any favorite Mario remixes, but I am really happy that Jump up Superstar is in and Bowser's Galaxy Generator is in. (You all know which is going to be my favorite one) :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Mine is probably King Bowser, but I also like the new Ground Theme tracks.

edit: also Delfino Plaza; tbh I like all of them so idk.

Last edited:

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice

I really like the Delfino Plaza Remix. That's not a spoiler right? It's been in trailers before

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Gangplank Galleon is my favourite atm, I don't know if we got a Sky Tower Arrange (Kirby)
Pretty sure there is one, but the nintendo ninjas got to it before anyone else.

I really like the Delfino Plaza Remix. That's not a spoiler right? It's been in trailers before
Oh man, I forgot about that one, it's fantastic.

Also, the new Luigi's Mansion medley.

Last edited:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I suppose this game is your last realistic chance so you don't really have to worry too much about losing face if you don't get your character, but people become very incensed about hating on any confirmed character. You may be able to hate on other Square characters now, but if they're confirmed? Those people will come out of the woodworks to praise them and call you toxic for having ever doubted them. Smash speculation isn't a pretty process. You know it's bad when people venture into the groupthink support thread about the issue.

All of the Square characters, including Geno, have many, many things going against them. Geno is a Smash Brothers original character boosted by a forum fanbase, while Sora and Dragon Quest are in legal hell and Dragon Quest's characters all have problems, forcing Square to pick the best of the worst. Square is being ridiculously stingy and corporate in general. The only reason I personally considered them as having a chance in the first place was the Vergeben leaks. Very few people would be predicting any Square character after what they've seen in the leaked base game with Square's corporatism and Geno's spirits. This was the main thing that gave Geno some life. Now, Vergeben is apparently saying that the Square character that is supposedly happening isn't Geno. That was his last lifeline to me, and it's gone.

That's my hot take on the issue. You're more than welcome to be optimistic, I just have seen posts here that aren't going to bode well if another Square character gets in. People already have to backpedal for having dared to ever doubt Mr. Incineroar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suppose this game is your last realistic chance so you don't really have to worry too much about losing face if you don't get your character, but people become very incensed about hating on any confirmed character. You may be able to hate on other Square characters now, but if they're confirmed? Those people will come out of the woodworks to praise them and call you toxic for having ever doubted them. Smash speculation isn't a pretty process. You know it's bad when people venture into the groupthink support thread about the issue.

All of the Square characters, including Geno, have many, many things going against them. Geno is a Smash Brothers original character boosted by a forum fanbase, while Sora and Dragon Quest are in legal hell and Dragon Quest's characters all have problems, forcing Square to pick the best of the worst. Square is being ridiculously stingy and corporate in general. The only reason I personally considered them as having a chance in the first place was the Vergeben leaks. Very few people would be predicting any Square character after what they've seen in the leaked base game with Square's corporatism and Geno's spirits. This was the main thing that gave Geno some life. Now, Vergeben is apparently saying that the Square character that is supposedly happening isn't Geno. That was his last lifeline to me, and it's gone.

That's my hot take on the issue. You're more than welcome to be optimistic, I just have seen posts here that aren't going to bode well if another Square character gets in. People already have to backpedal for having dared to ever doubt Mr. Incineroar.
Source where Vergeben said the SE character isn't Geno? We are welcome to make any posts regarding why a Square Enix character other than Geno is unlikely, not that it isn't going to happen, there isn't really any need to point out what happens if another Square Enix character gets in

MattX20

Smash Hero
He said there's been nothing on any DQ or SE characters in general at all after that Geno rumor.

Also in regards to Good Grief... he told me that Mii Costumes were put in as compensation for ATs (and Dixie included I'd figure -- anybody who is a mii costume and still isn't playable got that compensation). So yeah, 99% sure mii costumes are deconfirms.
Thanks for the update. It's what I was expecting to be the case.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Geno is a Smash Brothers original character boosted by a forum fanbase

Technically he's a Mario-original character.

Geno does have things against him, as do other SE characters, but I don't see much hate against other SE characters here, just debates as to why Geno may be more-likely than what people give him, and other things about why "literal who" is a dumb statement.

And Vergeben didn't say Geno isn't the character, in fact I think he at least gives him a non-zero chance.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Source where Vergeben said the SE character isn't Geno? We are welcome to make any posts regarding why a Square Enix character other than Geno is unlikely, not that it isn't going to happen, there isn't really any need to point out what happens if another Square Enix character gets in
It wasn't verg. It was some other guy

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If it's Noctis, you can ensure that most of everyone that's a SE fan, Geno fan or not, will hate his inclusion. Otherwise, I'm fine with just about anyone even if Geno can't get in at all.

Though I would laugh if it turns out to be Chocobo and he just comes with his theme song, that'd be the best way to say "F you" to SE's legal issues.

He said there's been nothing on any DQ or SE characters in general at all after that Geno rumor.

Also in regards to Good Grief... he told me that Mii Costumes were put in as compensation for ATs (and Dixie included I'd figure -- anybody who is a mii costume and still isn't playable got that compensation). So yeah, 99% sure mii costumes are deconfirms.
I figured that might be the case, since Dixie's hat felt to me like Mii K. Rool costume 2: Double Trouble.

MattX20

Smash Hero
smh no love for barrel volcano's theme in this thread :sadsheep:

waluigi having water would work very well because he could cry, and wario would work well with earth because hes Large

im getting kinda tired of having to go back and re-edit posts because of the stupid double posting rules
I like the volcano theme.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Barrel Volcano is a great song, I'd love to hear a remix of it in Smash. The other song other than the obvious ones would be the minigame song like when you're on the barrel going down the river.

it really does!
Unrelated but your new profile picture is adorable. :>

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I got new info. I'll post a screenshot soon, just asking him to make sure it's ok. But for now, I'll say this: unfortunately Isaac was never considered.
Well... If true...

Was never the biggest supporter of the guy, but that is a shame. Would love for the GS community to get there chance in the Sun again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom