• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I think considering the info we've received about Sakurai wanting to still focus on reps with an existing series and future, we should probably really really really really really be hoping that something is going on with Super Mario RPG if we want Geno to be the Square rep or to get in.

Or the character in the least, because I don't know if Sakurai would see him like he sees R.O.B., etc.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I'm going to leave this here, and I'll maybe expand on it later with proof: Hitagi was never red herring'd, and they actually did not take back their names (besides maybe Katalina). Something else happened to them as Verge implied. Hitagi will be pissed at me mentioning this, but it's their fault for being rude to me and somebody else informing me of it. However, one of the names they mentioned may have been leakbait, all I'm saying is that their statement about being misled is actually a cover up. Something else happened.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So I think considering the info we've received about Sakurai wanting to still focus on reps with an existing series and future, we should probably really really really really really be hoping that something is going on with Super Mario RPG if we want Geno to be the Square rep or to get in.

Or the character in the least, because I don't know if Sakurai would see him like he sees R.O.B., etc.
Who knows, maybe the Octopath teams remaster project has SMRPG up for grabs.
I'm going to leave this here, and I'll maybe expand on it later with proof: Hitagi was never red herring'd, and they actually did not take back their names (besides maybe Katalina). Something else happened to them as Verge implied. Hitagi will be pissed at me mentioning this, but it's their fault for being rude to me and somebody else informing me of it. However, one of the names they mentioned may have been leakbait, all I'm saying is that their statement about being misled is actually a cover up. Something else happened.
Curiouser and curiouser...

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Well. LaxChris reports on everything, and I do mean everything. I could write a random post on 4chan, claiming that Goku would get in and he would report on it. Could it be true? Sure, everything is possible. That qoute isn't as obvious as everyone seems to think.
It's funny because I'm pretty sure he IS the one that makes those fake leaks to get ad revenue for his channel. He reminds me of one of those stupid, clickbaiting trend channels that do the top 10 trends and put like 20 ads in their videos.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
This is some juicy info-- I need more!! XD

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Somebody showed me their DM inbox.

There were DMs about hitagi from verge.

I asked what the hitagi info was.

They told me.

I messaged hitagi, introducing myself and asking if it was true and that they could trust me (but they completely ghosted me so whatever now)

Then, somehow, Xenother messaged me asking why I told Hitagi I knew.

So Hitagi didn't like the fact I knew and ran to Xenother.

Genuinely really embarrassing on their behalf. I suppose I could go into more detail soon, I even screenshotted all of the interactions so they can't take it back.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In turn this also sort of effects Crono if this truly is the case as well. Unless Chrono Trigger is getting yet another re-release or a third installment after Cross?

He's probably not it either.

domriver

Smash Lord
I have to ask - Do people get paid for this type of information? Or is this a career choice move on their end? Do they want to be SPYS when they are older or something? lol its just the way you put it PolarPanda PolarPanda makes me chuckle and say this. I appreciate the information though.

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, but on the bright side a new Square/Nintendo SMRPG collaboration and Geno in Smash is the best case scenario for me. If that's what we're down to, sign me up.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
That he's actually been manipulating us this whole time in order to gain enough power to become a galaxy destroying Lovecraftian horror? Hmmm...
i thought this was about fatmanonice and i was totally ready to accept that sunglasses popeye characterized him

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That he's actually been manipulating us this whole time in order to gain enough power to become a galaxy destroying Lovecraftian horror? Hmmm...
If we go by that logic, then he is gonna come back from it all fine while also trying to sell us microt- Gem apples.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have to ask - Do people get paid for this type of information? Or is this a career choice move on their end? Do they want to be SPYS when they are older or something? lol its just the you put it PolarPanda PolarPanda makes me chuckle and say this. I appreciate the information though.
For having to deal with those kind of information in the past...
Literally most of the time you just talk with friends in the industry or close to it and end up with info there and there. No payment or whatnot

Being a """leaker""" or having information in advance is all about trust. Since there most of the time easy way to trace it back to the source who might get blacklisted/Fired

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

They told me.

I messaged hitagi, introducing myself and asking if it was true and that they could trust me (but they completely ghosted me so whatever now)

Genuinely really embarrassing on their behalf. I suppose I could go into more detail soon, I even screenshotted all of the interactions so they can't take it back.
>Trolling Xenother and Hitagi while delivering classified information.

You're doing God's work. Thank you.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
With no direct, it makes me wonder if there is a possible showing of something at VGA. I mean, the timing is perfect, they day before the official release. Just for the timing itself, it makes me hopeful...

ZelDan

Smash Master
Strangely... I would totally agree with that.
Whenever I get familiar enough with a person online, I always imagine them as their avatar.

I mean, it makes sense, since alot of people choose their avatars because it connects to them to some extent, so...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whenever I get familiar enough with a person online, I always imagine them as their avatar.

I mean, it makes sense, since alot of people choose their avatars because it connects to them to some extent, so...
Yeah, I can get that. I have been actually thinking of getting an avatar that links to me a bit more than who is my most wanted.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think I've ever said this but Geno's chances would be toast if he wasn't part of the Mario series. Being anchored to the biggest video game franchise in the world definitely has its perks. That said, Geno and Mallow not being categorized different in Ultimate is definitely a dodged bullet.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Thankfully SMRPG is actually listed under the same franchise as the Mario & Luigi titles (even getting a cameo in Superstar Saga), and has his history directly tied to Mario... So he at least has that, lol. Unfortunately, GS really need to get revived in comparison.

Xenother is a leaker who helped me get Verge DMs. Additionally, he has ties with Hitagi (and he's how I got that juicy bit on Hitagi that I won't quite say just yet..). Well, it wasn't Xenother himself, but Xenother did contact Hitagi about my info and they conversed so I know Xenother has legit ties with Hitagi and Verge. However, I think Xenother is pretty ignorant and arrogant. He thinks hearing a name slightly more than other names means the character is 90% likely. He genuinely heard Geno from 4 sources, but since each of them said they think he's a red herring, he thinks Geno isn't happening. That's his "logic".
I’m really starting to wonder if the reason why so many “””leakers””” are brushing Geno off as being a red herring is because they had heard he was a spirit and thought spirits were a hard deconfirm.

cybersai

Smash Ace
So PolarPanda let's say if Geno doesn't make it this time, is it safe to say he won't ever get in? I mean Sakurai talked back in 2015/2016 how he wanted to add him since Brawl, but if he still doesn't get in over any of the other Square reps, is it safe to say his ship has sailed?

He's third party, so what Square won't allow, they won't allow, even if Sakurai wants him.

domriver

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever said this but Geno's chances would be toast if he wasn't part of the Mario series. Being anchored to the biggest video game franchise in the world definitely has its perks. That said, Geno and Mallow not being categorized different in Ultimate is definitely a dodged bullet.
completely agreed. If it wasn't for the community being vocal about Geno's inclusion. We wouldn't be at this stage that we are in right now. Geno would just out there...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shoot. I totally forgot this.

Maybe Sakurai WOULD see them like R.O.B. then.

I mean granted they're probably not popping up in a Mario game anytime soon, but there's always gonna be a new Mario game.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'll never not be surprised by how tone-deaf and disconnected from its fanbase Nintendo is.
There's a reason i'm pessimistic about them picking the DLC and it's exactly this kind of thing. They've been tone deaf for a few generations now but I didn't realize how bad it was until the whole Amiibo fiasco, where they just refused to make enough of any character that wasn't Mario Link or Pikachu to meet demand.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's a reason i'm pessimistic about them picking the DLC and it's exactly this kind of thing. They've been tone deaf for a few generations now but I didn't realize how bad it was until the whole Amiibo fiasco, where they just refused to make enough of any character that wasn't Mario Link or Pikachu to meet demand.
I would be less optimistic if it weren't for Sakurai's quote in that Nintendo Dream interview. Nintendo might be clueless on some fanbases or demand, but to completely ignore Sakurai's request on the subject? Given how he's the director of one of their most successful IPs, I can't believe they would ignore him.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

They told me.

Godspeed you absolute madman

paper roxy

Smash Ace
With no direct, it makes me wonder if there is a possible showing of something at VGA. I mean, the timing is perfect, they day before the official release. Just for the timing itself, it makes me hopeful...
technically its the same day since afaik its launching 9pm pst on december 6th

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
God; I hope it was Steve/ Insert other Squeenix character. PolarPanda PolarPanda

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
I know, right? Many users here are compiling a bible of arguments of why Geno is the SquareEnix rep, when it could end up with a moogle being added just because Nintendo thought it was cuter.

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Well, I blanked out his name. He seems to be offline and I can't get ahold of him, but he's told me numerous time he doesn't mind me sharing his info, so long as I don't give his name out. This is what my source sent me today (also, don't judge Discord light theme :( also, I was the Sabi person he was tagging, haha)
View attachment 180462
OMG, I almost had a heart attack reading this... Actually everytime that you post something I have an adrenaline rush lol
Anyway thank you for the info.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Godspeed you absolute madman
I hate Hitagi and I hate Xenother, if I'm going to be honest. I'm caring less and less about spreading everything I heard. I'm not joking, people were openly sharing Verge's Enix list in large Discord servers, and then I get in trouble for putting it on Smashboard, LOL. Fine then. :)

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
All this talk about the RPG soundtrack today got me thinking.

Geno's in the game as a (legendary) spirit, and a token icon.

Yoko Shimomura is already on board, and has remixed numerous tracks for the game.

There isn't a single SMRPG track in the base game.

I always felt that if we found any, Geno would be dead. But I never thought about the contrapositive potentially being true as well. Why wouldn't they include any music from the game, when they already got the character rights, and the original composer? That would've been so incredibly easy. If they had no more plans for Geno aside from what we got in base, then it wouldn't make much sense at all to leave it out.

You can also look at Isaac...While it looks like there was never any plans to make him playable (unfortunately), he still got a couple of tracks.

Maybe I'm just restating what people already know, but I hadn't really thought about what a glaring omission it was.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about the RPG soundtrack today got me thinking.

Geno's in the game as a (legendary) spirit, and a token icon.

Yoko Shimomura is already on board, and has remixed numerous tracks for the game.

There isn't a single SMRPG track in the base game.

I always felt that if we found any, Geno would be dead. But I never thought about the contrapositive potentially being true as well. Why wouldn't they include any music from the game, when they already got the character rights, and the original composer? That would've been so incredibly easy. If they had no more plans for Geno aside from what we got in base, then it wouldn't make much sense at all to leave it out.

You can also look at Isaac...While it looks like there was never any plans to make him playable (unfortunately), he still got a couple of tracks.

Maybe I'm just restating what people already know, but I hadn't really thought about what a glaring omission it was.
My conclusion: He's coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom