• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Basically I'm going to repeat the same thing I said two years ago when the "Brave" datamine happened: don't get mad/sad, get organized. We technically already are because of Operation Star Fall and Star Road and all that but the temptation to detonate all of it will be really high. I largely walked away after Brawl but, thankfully, people like PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate kept things going and eventually I found the confidence to come back. A big part of being part of any fanbase is flexibility and diversity. As I said earlier, the Isaac fanbase is a good example of this because Isaac in Smash isn't their only focus. They have other things to involve themselves with and keep their community going and I don't think we'll have too much issue with that. People get depressed and what not but people bounce back because you all are supportive of each other. Repeating myself from yesterday: as long as the comraderie isn't totally extinguished this can press on or even transform going forward from today.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, what are you guys doing to kill time for the remaining hours before learning of Geno's fate? Me, I'm just watching a few art streams and some longplays of games like the Wallace and Gromit game from TellTale
I've been playing this indie game called Totally Accurate Battle Simulator. It's about what you would expect judging from the title.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Basically I'm going to repeat the same thing I said two years ago when the "Brave" datamine happened: don't get mad/sad, get organized. We technically already are because of Operation Star Fall and Star Road and all that but the temptation to detonate all of it will be really high. I largely walked away after Brawl but, thankfully, people like PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate kept things going and eventually I found the confidence to come back. A big part of being part of any fanbase is flexibility and diversity. As I said earlier, the Isaac fanbase is a good example of this because Isaac in Smash isn't their only focus. They have other things to involve themselves with and keep their community going and I don't think we'll have too much issue with that. People get depressed and what not but people bounce back because you all are supportive of each other. Repeating myself from yesterday: as long as the comraderie isn't totally extinguished this can press on or even transform going forward from today.
The light never goes out as long as at least one person carries a torch. And failing that, we have the stars

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Something I should mention, Sephiroth's release date is important here. If he is shadowdropped today, it means the post order is indeed correct and he only comes with one costume. If he ISN'T, and they do an update warning the day before his version releases, then that leaves no room for any Mii Costumes between 106-109, meaning something else is screwy and his posts do start after 110, and that he could have more than one costume. Looking over Past Presentations, for Joker, Hero, Byleth, Min-Min, and Steve, their release dates were shown before the Mii Costumes. For Banjo and Terry, it was after them (Banjo was announced to be out that day in the direct, but they still repeated it in the presentation.)

So more likely than not, we should know if this whole "one-costume" thing is merited before we actually see the Mii Costume Segment.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Something I should mention, Sephiroth's release date is important here. If he is shadowdropped today, it means the post order is indeed correct and he only comes with one costume. If he ISN'T, and they do an update warning the day before his version releases, then that leaves no room for any Mii Costumes between 106-109, meaning something else is screwy and his posts do start after 110, and that he could have more than one costume. Looking over Past Presentations, for Joker, Hero, Byleth, Min-Min, and Steve, their release dates were shown before the Mii Costumes. For Banjo and Terry, it was after them (Banjo was announced to be out that day in the direct, but they still repeated it in the presentation.)

So more likely than not, we should know if this whole "one-costume" thing is merited before we actually see the Mii Costume Segment.
Hmmm ... interesting. Since there is a sprit event this weekend already ... it seems like Sephiroth will NOT be shadow dropped. Oh boy.

HanSoloIndie

Smash Cadet
I think you forgot /v/.
It feels a little heartbreaking to me not being in one of these memes, but good job either way!
Updated! I wanted to include as many things as possible!
Don't they all get yeeted, tho?
Problem is, many of these toxic and unfriendly people make accounts on Smashboards just to annoy us. I don't want to imply though that the mods here don't do a good job overall in here.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Hmmm ... interesting. Since there is a sprit event this weekend already ... it seems like Sephiroth will NOT be shadow dropped. Oh boy.
The Spirit Event has NOTHING to do with whether he could be shadowdropped this week. Like, zero. Both Piranha Plant and Joker were shadowdropped during weeks with Spirit Events. Steve also had a completely unrelated Spirit Event the week of his release. I have no idea where this logic even came from that keeps getting brought up where characters can't release the same week as Spirit Events.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Let’s not get our hopes too high. I think it’s possible they could just add more announcement slots if they need to (though I don’t datamine so idk for sure). Also even if Geno doesn’t show up today he might be a costume later on with someone like Sora or Crono. I’m hoping for the best though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
..So where on earth would that even leave us if Seph only comes with the Chocobo hat and literally nothing else? Wouldn't that imply that Square was especially difficult to work with for whatever reason, and thus probably wouldn't have a second character/Geno?
I’d wager it would confirm playable Geno. Geno isn’t relevant to square so he would be easy to get, not to mention the rights aren’t complicated like other square characters. So it would be very possible to get Geno imo and Sephiroth.

No thought we could ever get cloud let alone Sephiroth or another square rep and we now have 6 of them.

I’d say that shows square is completely fine with dishing out content they own the rights to.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The Spirit Event has NOTHING to do with whether he could be shadowdropped this week. Like, zero. Both Piranha Plant and Joker were shadowdropped during weeks with Spirit Events. Steve also had a completely unrelated Spirit Event the week of his release. I have no idea where this logic even came from that characters can't release the same week as Spirit Events.
I thought when a character released there was a special event for it. My bad. Ok then!

Also, Firox Firox a man of culture.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I thought when a character released there was a special event for it. My bad. Ok then!

Also, Firox Firox a man of culture.
Every character since Hero HAS gotten a Tournament for them shortly after their release, but there's nothing saying it has to be the SAME week as their release. Hero's, Byleth's, and Steve's were all held the week after.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Let’s not get our hopes too high. I think it’s possible they could just add more announcement slots if they need to (though I don’t datamine so idk for sure). Also even if Geno doesn’t show up today he might be a costume later on with someone like Sora or Crono. I’m hoping for the best though.
While I agree that we don't want to count our chickens before they hatch, I do believe that if the costume doesn't return for this presentation that it's not coming back at all. At that point he's either in or out.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Every character since Hero HAS gotten a Tournament for them shortly after their release, but there's nothing saying it has to be the SAME week as their release. Hero's, Byleth's, and Steve's were all held the week after.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was totally off.

One thing makes me think he will be shadow dropped is the presentation is on Final Fantasy's initial release anniversary. No, I know Smash more times than not, do not care about Anniversaries ... but it's possible, which is why the presentation was set so "far" in advanced when comparing to other presentation announcements. Again, just speculating and I know the low rate of anniversary timing.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Just remember folks, after the presentation, no matter what the outcome is, your report button will be useful:
View attachment 295972

View attachment 295970
Let's stay united in our hopes of our boi surviving and coming to Smash!
Good Luck everyone It's been one hell of a ride regardless of how this turns out. See you all on the other side!

I shall leave you with one of my patented "high and mighty" comments as ForsakenM has taken to calling them: "Uh, you do remember how everyone dies in that scene right?"

Seriously though, good luck you guys 🙂

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Thanks for clearing that up, I was totally off.

One thing makes me think he will be shadow dropped is the presentation is on Final Fantasy's initial release anniversary. No, I know Smash more times than not, do not care about Anniversaries ... but it's possible, which is why the presentation was set so "far" in advanced when comparing to other presentation announcements. Again, just speculating and I know the low rate of anniversary timing.
At the very least, I think this is why the presentation is happening today.

link2702

Smash Champion
While I agree that we don't want to count our chickens before they hatch, I do believe that if the costume doesn't return for this presentation that it's not coming back at all. At that point he's either in or out.
if the costume doesn't return, then he's 100% in. The character is too well known at this point thanks to smash, and with all the information we've had in the past, it would be downright heartless for nintendo to not even bring back the costume, it would be right right up there with some of the dumbest mistakes nintendo has made.

With that said...sadly I feel near 100% confident that he'll get the deluxe mii treatment today...I've essentially come to terms with this fact.

So it's basically right now...he either returns a costume, or he's playable. There's no real inbetweens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom