• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero

Saw the whole shabang about Square's not taking Geno seriously (again, considering this isn't the first time it was brought up, given 2018's Geno status), and I dumped my opinion on Tweeter for the curious. tl;dr: if Geno doesn't get in, he probably never will, but his chances to return elsewhere have honestly never been better. I still believe it'd be best to bring him and Mallow back through the Mario series itself anyway. also give me another fortune street

Anyway, I won't be watching the presentation, but best of luck to y'all. I personally am positive that Geno's costume is back this time, but I would like to be surprised.
Hopefully, Geno avoids the axe once more.

Firox

Smash Master
Way to go with the revionism buddy.
Fatman doesn't just claim speculate, he's the one who insists to have sources, twist them
Full disclosure, I'm well aware of Fatman's "insider info" record and I honestly don't believe his claims (or coy innuendos) the vast majority of the time. However, I do find his date analyses and speculation theories to be entertaining so I don't see the harm in exploring them for veracity. Just relax, take a breath, and realize that not everybody in here is a blind follower. We have many reasons to be here and frankly we all have the right to be as well.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It is pretty funny how obsessed people are with this place. They really have nothing better to do.
Which then invalidates their claim that Geno is a nobody name and people shouldn't waste any time on him. Because if that was the case, then why are the detractors here in the first place?

They are more obsessed with Geno than the fans. It is embarrassing.

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
If we do make it through this again tonight, I propose that we make this the national anthem for the Geno in Smash Ultimate cycle.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Spirit events do indeed follow a different numbering, but update agnostic things like this follow the same numbering as added content.
I never said they didn't? Point is the Photo Contest actually works against you here because that was exactly how we figured out how many costumes Steve was coming with by the same reasoning we are using now. I'd get what you mean if it was a one post gap, but FOUR? There's nothing else that would fill that space. Besides, they haven't held a Photo Contest SINCE September, so they certainly wouldn't have the results for the next one already reserved in the system, especially with an update releasing either today or next week.

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Continued trolling/bait
So you're telling me trolls didn't lost to Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie during the World of Light Wars? My life is a lie.
And how does that count as a victory for Geno again? Because fact of the matter, they were proven right once again last thursday.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I never said they didn't? Point is the Photo Contest actually works against you here because that was exactly how we figured out how many costumes Steve was coming with by the same reasoning we are using now. I'd get what you mean if it was a one post gap, but FOUR? There's nothing else that would fill that space. Besides, they haven't held a Photo Contest SINCE September, so they certainly wouldn't have the results for the next one already reserved in the system, especially with an update releasing either today or next week.
Essentially we got two scenarios and depends on what is more likely. Either Square is just having a single Mii costume or 4 events are being skipped over. Of course I am biased and hope it's the Mii costume situation, but we know how stingy Square is so it is possible at least.

D

Deleted member

I didn't say you said they didn't, it was just an observation that there are things that can fill those four spots depending on what they want to preload, even if it's unlikely that they would. I'd say it's about as unlikely as one Mii costume, but that's just me. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong!

If it's just one Mii costume we know exactly what it's gonna be and we might as well break out the champagne already.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
The Mii costume hasn't return so you guys haven't won yet. When it returns later, Geno will still be in the race.
"You guys haven't won yet, Geno is still in the race" How many times you guys been saying this though?
He was supposed to be the first SE character, but we got Cloud.
He was a lock in for the 2nd SE rep but we got Hero instead.
There was no way a 2nd FF rep would get over Geno, and we got Sephiroth.
You got to admit, you are not giving trolls any real reasons to be nervous.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
"You guys haven't won yet, Geno is still in the race" How many times you guys been saying this though?
He was supposed to be the first SE character, but we got Cloud.
He was a lock in for the 2nd SE rep but we got Hero instead.
There was no way a 2nd FF rep would get over Geno, and we got Sephiroth.
You got to admit, you are not giving trolls any real reasons to be nervous.
A true reason to be nervous is when we all go down and do the Geno summoning chant for 14 hours a day.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was just talking with Paraspikey Paraspikey and I realized that Square has a history with making decisions that piss literally everyone off when it comes to Smash:

Smash 4: two Mii costumes, 2 tracks and they're MIDIs

Ultimate base: Cloud still has only two tracks, no spirits

Hero: all the music is MIDI rips despite orchestrated music in his reveal trailer

This said, Sephiroth winding up being one new Mii costume and 2 music tracks would actually be par the course.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, to get the thread back on track, let's discuss the potential implications of what Geno's absent costume would mean beyond just the likelihood of Geno being fully playable substantially increasing. You think the Seven Squares rumor for Crono and the rumored 2B might show up in a future wave of Mii Costumes or no?

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Okay, to get the thread back on track, let's discuss the potential implications of what Geno's absent costume would mean beyond just the likelihood of Geno being fully playable substantially increasing. You think the Seven Squares rumor for Crono and the rumored 2B might show up in a future wave or no?
Has any one of you considered that maybe the Mii costume didn't sold well enough and they simply didn't want to bring it back?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I was just talking with Paraspikey Paraspikey and I realized that Square has a history with making decisions that piss literally everyone off when it comes to Smash:

Smash 4: two Mii costumes, 2 tracks and they're MIDIs

Ultimate base: Cloud still has only two tracks, no spirits

Hero: all the music is MIDI rips despite orchestrated music in his reveal trailer

This said, Sephiroth winding up being one new Mii costume and 2 music tracks would actually be par the course.
Yeah, it would be par for the course if Sephiroth only brought two tracks with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom