• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, to get the thread back on track, let's discuss the potential implications of what Geno's absent costume would mean beyond just the likelihood of Geno being fully playable substantially increasing. You think the Seven Squares rumor for Crono and the rumored 2B might show up in a future wave of Mii Costumes or no?
I think we'll see the rumored 2B costume today.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
if geno does bite it today, PLEASE check out the Project M Remix mod for Brawl. They have a playable Geno that they have put a lot of time and love into. I think you guys would really enjoy it.
Didn't Nintendo C&D project M and legacy xp?
(Incidentally, I have played legacy xp, and the Geno they have is pretty great)

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Okay, to get the thread back on track, let's discuss the potential implications of what Geno's absent costume would mean beyond just the likelihood of Geno being fully playable substantially increasing. You think the Seven Squares rumor for Crono and the rumored 2B might show up in a future wave of Mii Costumes or no?
Not sure, IF Geno doesn't show up and IF just one Mii costume pops up, which I would think it would be Chocobo ... unless that just gets axed completely .... it's weird to ponder.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
This will be my last post here before the Sakurai presents video.

If Geno is fated to be a costume, I hope that he comes back as a redesigned deluxe costume.

Hoping that he comes with two music tracks even if they might be straight ports: Beware the Forest's Mushrooms and Fight Against An Armed Boss.

Wishing upon a star that he somehow evades today's calvacade of Mii costumes.

D

Deleted member

Could mean that Geno's costume returns with Waluigi.
Could mean that Geno's a bonus character outside of the Fighter Pass who won't come with a stage.
Could mean that Geno is a full on playable fighter in this Fighter Pass.
Could mean that Geno has been shoved into the memory hole.

I'm not sure about Crono or 2B, I have never once believed anything about 2B showing up because if Mai Shiranui is too lewd for Smash, a robot maid with her ass cheeks showing is not gonna fly. Crono is supposedly in a very fancy spot when it comes to ownership, as well...

stop replying to the troll for the love of god I feel like I'm in a mental asylum
You are.
1608227653654.png

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace

This is the vanilla Project M version, he’s only gotten cooler.

All the mod packs get attacked by Nintendo, but most of them are still available for download. You just won’t see many tournaments using them. But the extra characters they offer are extremely legit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

This is the vanilla Project M version, he’s only gotten cooler.

All the mod packs get attacked by Nintendo, but most of them are still available for download. You just won’t see many tournaments using them. But the extra characters they offer are extremely legit.
I really like PM:EX Remix; not only does it have Geno, but it also has a bunch of other cool characters, including the mans himself :nessecho:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Right, this whole thread is descending into chaos all because of 1 troll. Can we please report this troll and get our act together. This is what the trolls want. They’re here to wind us up and get this thread shut down. Last time is was shut down for a day and a half and next it could be longer.

I get it, everyone’s anxiousand stressed but the trolls are winning if we rise to it and don’t report it. Let’s get our act together and report the trolls before it spirals out of our hands

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It is nice that we are in an era of fan games and spiritual successors to fill the void. Bug Fables is a great follow up in the mold of Paper Mario, of couple of Star Fox esque indie games are being worked on right now, and as a Sonic fan I've considered myself very lucky that there's so many passionate fans creating genuinely great Sonic titles for people to play.

The Another Crusade kickstarter could itself eventually make for an excellent quasi tribute to Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice

Saw the whole shabang about Square's not taking Geno seriously (again, considering this isn't the first time it was brought up, given 2018's Geno status), and I dumped my opinion on Tweeter for the curious. tl;dr: if Geno doesn't get in, he probably never will, but his chances to return elsewhere have honestly never been better. I still believe it'd be best to bring him and Mallow back through the Mario series itself anyway. also give me another fortune street

Anyway, I won't be watching the presentation, but best of luck to y'all. I personally am positive that Geno's costume is back this time, but I would like to be surprised.
I think that's a good positive thing to take away from this if Geno's costume does return. Although it would be sad to not get him as a full character, the returning costume is still acknowledgement by Nintendo of Geno and SMRPG's popularity, just that it wasn't enough to warrant a full playable character. With there being rumors of a sequel/remake, hopefully we'll still get to see Nintendo use Geno in something, even if it's not in Smash.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Didn't Nintendo C&D project M and legacy xp?
(Incidentally, I have played legacy xp, and the Geno they have is pretty great)
Yeah, the Geno in PM:R is the very same one from Legacy XP. Yeah, Nintendo got involved with the other two, presumably, but who cares? Keep using that Geno in future Brawl mods. Make more mods for Geno in Smash in general. It's not like Nintendo and Square want to use the character in Smash, so it should be totally fair game for the fans to use him, laws in Japan be damned. ;) Shouldn't be a problem for them if it's a character they won't use, right? They lose nothing.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah, the Geno in PM:R is the very same one from Legacy XP. Yeah, Nintendo got involved with the other two, presumably, but who cares? Keep using that Geno in future Brawl mods. Make more mods for Geno in Smash in general. It's not like Nintendo and Square want to use the character in Smash, so it should be totally fair game for the fans to use him, laws in Japan be damned. ;) Shouldn't be a problem for them if it's a character they won't use, right? They lose nothing.
Yep, it makes no sense to take a down a mod unless they specifically had plans in mind for one of the characters used

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Smash Remix has one of the sickest rosters around:

Notice Sephiroth was in this roster long before he officially got into Ultimate.
Yet they are so hype about Sephiroth, because they did a poll legit a day before his reveal, and people ranked the Sephiroth mod as the clunkiest character in the game. He was in desperate need of a revamp and Sakurai is just like, “Bet.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom