• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Geno wouldn't be last. The idea of DLC ending on unhype characters isn't just a silly trend like colour theory etc, it actually makes sense in practice since you wouldn't want to add something that is more so disappointing first since you want people to buy your stuff ASAP. Since there is no refund option either then they can't exactly get their money back later although I don't agree with how Nintendo still doesn't offer a refund option on games. I fully understand not doing so, so they play it and then just get a refund but if it lacks playtime or much of it then surely it should be critically analysed and disputed on a case by case basis at least.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
people predicting Geno being FP 11 again
0550B125-7919-4AC8-AA30-E284B62CD85F.jpeg

oh boy, is it time for another one of my usual Star Rants™ ?

No, it’s not. I don’t have the energy for this right now

He is 100% not going to be the last fighter, guys. That’s not how it works at all, a 3rd party fan request, no matter how big or small, will ever be last. Get that silly idea out of your head. Sorry to be blunt but someone’s gotta lay down the truth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The remaining Mii costumes are returning fast. Unless the next fighter comes with no remaining costumes, we will find out Geno’s fate certainly no later than 10. It’ll be the perfect opportunity to have a repeat of Banjo being a hardcore Smash fan pick next especially with Steve possibly swapped around for the E3 reveal 8 to 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
So, I've got to know: Where on the earth did you get all of those Geno figures? I read about how you acquired certain ones in the photo but where did you get some of the ones like the giant Geno figure at the back, the Lego-like figure to the right of it, and the rest of the figures to the left of the photo?

Better yet, do you know any good websites where one might be able to purchase such Geno merchandise and figures like the ones you own?

My apologies if you've already answered these questions before. I'm just very impressed by your collection!
I have no problem answering all that! Because I love talking about my stuff and the things I own.

The little guy on the bottom left was from Fangamer, at LEAST 10 years ago. He was a limited run and is no longer available.

The felted Geno in the terrarium is from Etsy. I saw someone had a listing for Mallow but had previous made Geno, so I shot him a message and he said he'd be happy to make me another Geno. I set up the terrarium myself. Had never done anything like that before so I might try to do it again sometime and make a more fun looking one, to look even more like the Forest Maze.

The standee is available for purchase on Etsy! I also have the previous version of it which didn't include Mallow; it stays on my work desk (which is in a cubicle in normal times. Now, it is in my basement lol)

The keychain and little red figure are, like I said before, official. The one in front with the stand is 3D printed from a model I purchased and painted myself.

The statue in the back is by Kyle Javelli. He did a limited release of I think 6 or 8 of them. I literally took time off work to stalk his etsy page because he released them at a certain time and you had to be lightning quick to get them. It came with an amazing print posted by Loopy-Lupe that I have framed. The figure is airbrush-painted and the stars in the base glow in the dark.

The 3D perler figure I got at Connecticon a billion years ago. I remember asking how much he was and the seller nervously told me the price, to which I replied, "I just needed to know how much money to give you". This one is also on etsy!

The flat perler one is actually a pin, and I also got it at that same convention, but I don't remember the maker. Lots of people make perler art, though. I have a couple more big ones of him I'll display eventually.

Aaand the card is official and that's the Japanese game box with the game in it. The end! :D

pinshadow

Smash Lord
You ever just show up to multiple Gamestops 13 hours early only to find there's already 10 people waiting at each one?
lisa.jpg
I am never going to get one of these machines good lord. I can't IMAGINE how bad the Switch Pro will be if it launches anytime in the next year. Anyway, still no news on Doom Eternal Switch, so they either just randomly drop it one of the next few days (which doesn't really make sense because why wouldn't they just do that during all the confusion last week) or it gets re-revealed as part of something else.

D

Deleted member

Hey all! I saw that my render was passed around here, and just wanted to show off the most recent version of it!

Nice render! If Geno came to Smash, I think he would show up based off his Mii costume redesign. The one where he has an added middle section to his torso.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
NINTENDO:

“Hope you enjoy 25° of SMRPG and celebrate with Geno in Smash who is ready to purchase later today”.
Something I should correct myself on. Technically SMRPG's 25th Anniversary wouldn't be until 2022. It would only be it's 25th Birthday in 2021. But I guess that could still bring some recognition right?

QQS

Smash Lord
Something I should correct myself on. Technically SMRPG's 25th Anniversary wouldn't be until 2022. It would only be it's 25th Birthday in 2021. But I guess that could still bring some recognition right?
By that date Geno will be a revealed fighter

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
At this rate, Monday is the day I've got penciled on my calendar for something, at the VERY least from Bethesda on Doom for Switch. If not, I'm walking into their offices and asking for their PR people's jobs like, yesterday.

Monday would make sense though for real. Fits their statement on releasing "much more" information later this month, and gets out of the way of the holiday break. And it could serve as a jumping off point for December holiday shopping.

Now where it goes with Smash or Nintendo directs or mini-directs...who knows.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
With Black Friday just around the corner, I, the Black Friday Gang Captain and business extraordinarie MrJudd(tm) decided to give you the best deals in all of the Mushroom Kingdom on SMRPG goodies:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/673043151744794645.png?v=1
Geno Plushie 4' $25.99 $5.99

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/622200601165692938.png?v=1
Mallow Keychain $2.99 $0.75

1606447320973.png
Frogficius Action Figure $69.99 $12.99

https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/532388928246906886.png?v=1
Smithy Hat $5.99 $0.75

1606447451143.png
Cacomallow Sticker Set $2.99 $0.75

1606447505016.png
Big Yoshi Cushion (human sized) $129.99 $19.99

All items delivered with Nimbus Land's Fast Delivery on Monday at no additional cost. Get it while supplies last.
You can also pay for your purchase with Frog Coins. No scalpers allowed, only one item of each type per client.

If you purchase any of these products before Nintendo decides to announce Geno, you also get a free Kero Kero Cola (while supplies last).
Note: if Seaside Town, Marrymore or any other item shop offers a lower price, we cover it.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Hmmmm thinking about it now...
We just got one of those Nintendo "Guess the game" quizzes that generally precede news of some kind and Pokemon just had an announcement and Pokemon stuff usually comes before Smash. I'm reaching incredibly hard RN but maybe... just maybe

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
With Black Friday just around the corner, I, the Black Friday Gang Captain and business extraordinarie MrJudd(tm) decided to give you the best deals in all of the Mushroom Kingdom on SMRPG goodies:

View attachment 292892 Frogficius Action Figure $69.99 $12.99

Smithy Hat $5.99 $0.75

View attachment 292893 Cacomallow Sticker Set $2.99 $0.75

View attachment 292894 Big Yoshi Cushion (human sized) $129.99 $19.99

All items delivered with Nimbus Land's Fast Delivery on Monday at no additional cost. Get it while supplies last.
You can also pay for your purchase with Frog Coins. No scalpers allowed, only one item of each type per client.

If you purchase any of these products before Nintendo decides to announce Geno, you also get a free Kero Kero Cola (while supplies last).
Note: if Seaside Town, Marrymore or any other item shop offers a lower price, we cover it.
I'm buying right this minute, now hand over the frog juice

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice

QQS

Smash Lord

Smithy Hat $5.99 $0.75

Gimme Geno, Mallow and Smithy!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
I honestly don't know how things are going to play out.

I'm expecting a reveal anywhere from literally 11 hours from now at the most optimistically earliest, to early February at the most mind-bendingly latest.

If I'm being somewhat realistically hopeful, they might sneak in a reveal somewhere before or maybe after TGS but not near Christmas. If not then, it'll probably be January.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Things I'm currently left wondering.
  • When's the next batch of NSO games going to be added? 🤔
  • When's Bethesda going to provide more information on the Switch version of DOOM Eternal? 🤔🤔
  • When's Square Enix going to have their own section on the Sales & Deals page of Nintendo's official website? 🤔🤔🤔
  • Why in God's name does Steve/Alex's fighter banner still say New - Coming 10/13/2020 on the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate website?

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet

Smithy Hat $5.99 $0.75

I’ll take one of everything please! Especially the Frogficius action figure!

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
Going off my previous statement, I think that one of the best parts about the Geno in Smash speculation, aside from the undying loyalty and commitment that the fans have for the character, is seeing all sorts of different fan-made renders of what he could possibly look like in-game.

QQS

Smash Lord
Going off my previous statement, I think that one of the best parts about the Geno in Smash speculation, aside from the undying loyalty and commitment that the fans have for the character, is seeing all sorts of different fan-made renders of what he could possibly look like in-game.
and almost all renders are very beautiful and well done, so I wonder how the official render of Geno will look. It will be even better! Just like how Banjo captured that!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
and almost all renders are very beautiful and well done, so I wonder how the official render of Geno will look. It will be even better! Just like how Banjo captured that!
For real. Seeing Banjo and Kazooie in modern animated film quality in both their trailer and render was just mind blowing.

QQS

Smash Lord
For real. Seeing Banjo and Kazooie in modern animated film quality in both their trailer and render was just mind blowing.
also thinking that Banjo belongs to the first Smash era, it’s insane! I highly doubt another character can surpass what Banjo was for Smash & Nintendo. Of course Geno for us, but I mean that Banjo is way more popular. Just being objective. Cause I like Banjo but I love more than anyone, Geno.

Geno in Smash is something special and someone who deserves 100% the spot. For me, he is the best and most solid candidate that must join and will join...

QQS

Smash Lord
Was Little Mac the only one that coincide the reveal with his anniversary, right?

QQS

Smash Lord
Aha yes. I think a fan favorite character will be in between same as FP1; so here we have 6 fighters so I expect 78 and 79 to be the half. Crash and Geno (or Geno and Crash) could work very well. Let’s see where they decided to put Geno!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Did Smash 4's DLC not end with a 3rd party fan request or have I entered the Berenstein timeline again
Lmao are we playing the “Bayonetta won the ballot!” Meme again?

she had code very shortly into the smash ballot, dude. The results were far from finalized when she was decided on.

The ballot was always going to be for Smash ultimate

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Lmao are we playing the “Bayonetta won the ballot!” Meme again?

she had code very shortly into the smash ballot, dude. The results were far from finalized when she was decided on.

The ballot was always going to be for Smash ultimate
Yes I am well aware she was always going to be in the game irrespective of whether or not there was a ballot but I don't see why you're so sure the DLC won't end with a fan requested 3rd party character when Nintendo straight up said that's how they picked the final DLC character for Smash 4 (whether it's true or not).

They spent 5 minutes after the reveal justifying her conclusion by saying she was fan requested so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for real this time

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Yes I am well aware she was always going to be in the game irrespective of whether or not there was a ballot but I don't see why you're so sure the DLC won't end with a fan requested 3rd party character when Nintendo straight up said that's how they picked the final DLC character for Smash 4 (whether it's true or not).

They spent 5 minutes after the reveal justifying her conclusion by saying she was fan requested so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for real this time
“Yeah yeah she wasn’t actually that requested but Nintendo said she was so they’ll be doing it for real this time”
1606465976584.png

It’s not happening lmao. Christ you guys complained about Byleth for Months on end and now you’re setting yourselves up for the exact same disappointment.
It’s like you didn’t learn anything

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I have no problem answering all that! Because I love talking about my stuff and the things I own.

The little guy on the bottom left was from Fangamer, at LEAST 10 years ago. He was a limited run and is no longer available.

The felted Geno in the terrarium is from Etsy. I saw someone had a listing for Mallow but had previous made Geno, so I shot him a message and he said he'd be happy to make me another Geno. I set up the terrarium myself. Had never done anything like that before so I might try to do it again sometime and make a more fun looking one, to look even more like the Forest Maze.

The standee is available for purchase on Etsy! I also have the previous version of it which didn't include Mallow; it stays on my work desk (which is in a cubicle in normal times. Now, it is in my basement lol)

The keychain and little red figure are, like I said before, official. The one in front with the stand is 3D printed from a model I purchased and painted myself.

The statue in the back is by Kyle Javelli. He did a limited release of I think 6 or 8 of them. I literally took time off work to stalk his etsy page because he released them at a certain time and you had to be lightning quick to get them. It came with an amazing print posted by Loopy-Lupe that I have framed. The figure is airbrush-painted and the stars in the base glow in the dark.

The 3D perler figure I got at Connecticon a billion years ago. I remember asking how much he was and the seller nervously told me the price, to which I replied, "I just needed to know how much money to give you". This one is also on etsy!

The flat perler one is actually a pin, and I also got it at that same convention, but I don't remember the maker. Lots of people make perler art, though. I have a couple more big ones of him I'll display eventually.

Aaand the card is official and that's the Japanese game box with the game in it. The end! :D
Wow, that's fantastic! It definitely sounds like you're ahead of the game when it comes to Geno collecting. Thank you for all the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom