• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NukeLaBelle

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nukenai
Lol if you need a taker for the extras I'd gladly take them off your hands lol. Your collection is incredible. I'm sad to say I don't have anything other than the SNES game to display. As for displaying the card you can probably find a Toploader or Cardsaver that it would fit in and like a $0.50 plastic slab stand would do the trick unless you could find like a tiny little frame. If money is not an issue I would measure the card and look into cost to get it graded. PSA only accepts cards with certain measurements not sure about other grading services. Maybe a grading service that does toys would do it.
TBH I'd be willing to just send them to you. PM me if you're legit interested and apologies if I don't get back to you right away; I'm trying to check this thread more tho! I'd like for them to have a home that isn't shoved in a Pokemon card tin. Also, idk why I didn't just think of a little eisel-type thing for my Geno and Mallow cards. I'm such an airhead and will be running to Michaels for something like that, as soon as the wacky holiday stuff is over!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We talked about the Mario Sports rumors over the summer and here's me talking about them in July:

The rumors have been either a Strikers reboot or a totally new sports game. Next Level Games develops Strikers so it's definitely not Camelot if that. I have a hard time seeing Camelot developing a brand new Mario Sports game. They've been doing Tennis and Golf since the N64 and Nintendo trusted Strikers, Sluggers, Mario and Sonic, Sports Mix, Hoops 3 on 3, etc to different companies. After swerving them on new sports games for almost 20 years, why would Nintendo suddenly tap Camelot again?

Beyond this, I trust Naz's info more. Knowing Naz for close to two years and knowing he largely focuses his "research" specifically on Golden Sun, Tales, and Zelda, I feel all the information he has gathered is accurate. He wouldn't make that glaring of a mistake plus it's not like Naz is the only person who has heard about Golden Sun coming back. Multiple people have been hearing this since last fall. Zippo, however, seems to be the first person I have seen specifically say Camelot is developing this mystery Mario sports game.
Not even since last fall, but since 2018. The first source to hear of GS (not mine) coming also leaked TWEWY2, he heard both in 2018 when the projects were greenlit. Guess what got finally announced a few days ago… so yeah.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I hope Geno get's in before they might delay the Fighter's Pass beyond it's deadline due to COVID.
If Fighter Pass 2 was going to be delayed at all I think they would have changed their planned end date. A year for 4 more packs is more than manageable. If they stay consistent with 3 and a 1/2 months between characters, the gap between Min Min and Steve (which is a worst case scenario IMO, I get the feeling the gaps are going to get shorter as we go along just like the first wave of DLC), the last character will be out in December next year, still fitting the range.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Fighter Pass 2 was going to be delayed at all I think they would have changed their planned end date. A year for 4 more packs is more than manageable. If they stay consistent with 3 and a 1/2 months between characters, the gap between Min Min and Steve (which is a worst case scenario IMO, I get the feeling the gaps are going to get shorter as we go along just like the first wave of DLC), the last character will be out in December next year, still fitting the range.
I hope you're right. That would be the dream scenario to see the last 4 Fighter's Pass 2 characters and 4 empty slots get filled in within 2 years time.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Not even since last fall, but since 2018. The first source to hear of GS (not mine) coming also leaked TWEWY2, he heard both in 2018 when the projects were greenlit. Guess what got finally announced a few days ago… so yeah.
The only explaniation is that the next Mario Sports title is heavily outsourced with a third party publisher like Namco-Bandai. They did it a few years back with Mario Superstars, a sports collection that was developed between Camelot and N-B. That game was released for N3DS at march 2017, then, 15 months later, they released Mario Tennis Aces for Switch.

If we imagine the same, lets say mid 2021, they release a new Mario Sports, with collaboration of Namco-Bandai and then in late summer 2022, this “new” Golden Sun, completely developed by Camelot. They can also teased it later this year as part of its 20th anniversary.

novazvezda

Smash Cadet
I hope Geno get's in before they might delay the Fighter's Pass beyond it's deadline due to COVID.
The thing is about that deadline, my gut says that the "December 31, 2021" deadline was made so that if there were any delays, the deadline could still be reached. So, the pass can be delayed without actually delaying the deadline, if you know what I mean. There's no doubt anywhere in this thread from what I've read that the distribution of the fighters has been delayed, but you should keep in mind that the devs thought of the possibility of delays happening. Remember when we all were surprised that the fighter pass had that "long away deadline"? Not so long now lol.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The thing is about that deadline, my gut says that the "December 31, 2021" deadline was made so that if there were any delays, the deadline could still be reached. So, the pass can be delayed without actually delaying the deadline, if you know what I mean. There's no doubt anywhere in this thread from what I've read that the distribution of the fighters has been delayed, but you should keep in mind that the devs thought of the possibility of delays happening. Remember when we all were surprised that the fighter pass had that "long away deadline"? Not so long now lol.
At this point, as long as Fighter's Pass 2 finishes by the end of the deadline, I won't care about waiting. It getting delayed would be much worse than waiting until December of next year.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
I've actually got a set of those cards! I gave the Johnny to my partner bc they love him, and I'm keeping Geno and Mallow for myself... obviously haha. But I have the rest just sitting in my room. I tried giving them away on tumblr but didn't get any takers :(

I think I've posted my extremely disorganized Geno collection before but here it is again (because it keeps going viral-ish on twitter), with proof of The Card. It's just laying flat, idk how to display it properly, I don't know what I'm doing at any point if you can't tell.

So, I've got to know: Where on the earth did you get all of those Geno figures? I read about how you acquired certain ones in the photo but where did you get some of the ones like the giant Geno figure at the back, the Lego-like figure to the right of it, and the rest of the figures to the left of the photo?

Better yet, do you know any good websites where one might be able to purchase such Geno merchandise and figures like the ones you own?

My apologies if you've already answered these questions before. I'm just very impressed by your collection!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hey Genobros! I would just like to take a moment and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very thankful for the opportunity to speculate with you all everyday, as well as how much I'm thankful for the game that Smash Ultimate is already. I hope you all have a fantastic day, and here's hoping our wish is granted soon!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, yet another 2018 rumor coming true? Interesting, considering this year brought us Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Minecraft in Smash, the confirmation of 3D World Deluxe, and the borderline confirmation of Skyward Sword HD, all of which were first heard in 2018. Wow, it's as if video games are complicated multi-year projects, further complicated by a global pandemic. Who would have thought? Hopefully for your sake the Golden Sun Remake is confirmed soon so people stop giving you **** about it.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
hey the website is back up! i originally thought the geno thread was down, turns out the entire thing was! was it some kind of matinence or?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is why I'm not worried about the current lack of fighter news for now; we got a whole year for FP2 to be cleared.

So, yet another 2018 rumor coming true? Interesting, considering this year brought us Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Minecraft in Smash, the confirmation of 3D World Deluxe, and the borderline confirmation of Skyward Sword HD, all of which were first heard in 2018. Wow, it's as if video games are complicated multi-year projects, further complicated by a global pandemic. Who would have thought? Hopefully for your sake the Golden Sun Remake is confirmed soon so people stop giving you **** about it.
I know you joke, but I do despise how much neophyte gamers this gen fail to research or catch on to things that occurred in previous gens.

Still an interesting development nonetheless. :dr^_^:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465

Per usual, I'm just pissy again because I'm still called a pathological liar and yet...

hqdefault (1).jpg

Pokemon announced today with an audience of tens of millions of viewers that they have big ass plans for 2021 to celebrate the 25th anniversary and this happened 5 days after those Palkia and Dialga balloons appeared in Japan. Diamond and Pearl Remakes, something I first heard about in late August last year. Here's me talking about it in January:

Yet another game that's taking its sweet goddamn time, borderline confirmed now, and probably would have already been announced if it wasn't for COVID. Did I mention that they announced yesterday that they're hosting an event in ****IN' SPACE to kick off the 25th anniversary?

Subtly is dead and rotting at this point.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Today my family put the Decoration Christmas Boots on the living room. You know what those mean to me? Inside one of those boots, there was hidden a copy of Mega Man X3 for my brother; and a copy of SMRPG for me, back in 1997 or so. So, once, the 7 years old kid me, opened that boot in that Christmas and discovered SMRPG in a Snes box. I touched it and tried to revive that feeling in my head. The rest is history, until now I can’t forget that game and mostly, Geno. So imagine what I will feel when Geno gets revealed in my favorite game ever. Now I’m 30. I was like Rose Dawson having memories back in the Titanic.

It’s not just a perfect and iconic character. It also includes a heart on it.

Edit: I almost cried touching those boots.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465

Per usual, I'm just pissy again because I'm still called a pathological liar and yet...

View attachment 292842

Pokemon announced today with an audience of tens of millions of viewers that they have big ass plans for 2021 to celebrate the 25th anniversary and this happened 5 days after those Palkia and Dialga balloons appeared in Japan. Diamond and Pearl Remakes, something I first heard about in late August last year. Here's me talking about it in January:

Yet another game that's taking its sweet goddamn time, borderline confirmed now, and probably would have already been announced if it wasn't for COVID. Did I mention that they announced yesterday that they're hosting an event in ****IN' SPACE to kick off the 25th anniversary?

Subtly is dead and rotting at this point.
In this case, Pokémon fans are still feeling burnt from the plushies incident a few months back. Classic case of boy crying wolf.

Don't get too worked up about it, just let causality run its course. It's the only way anyone ever believes anything in this age of impatience and instant gratification, whether it's a theory or leak.

The moment it happens, then you can say "I told you so".

Hmm... well then, seems like we won't be getting an NSO update this month either...? 🤔 The window for announcements before the year's over tightens as we are coming up to the start of December next week. 👀
My hunch is that we could hear something on the week of the VGAs. Sure, last year was bunk, though that was mostly from barely anyone having their noteworthy projects ready (alongside Geoff's usual nonsense). With this year's format being completely different, there may yet be more surprises than anyone expected.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmm... well then, seems like we won't be getting an NSO update this month either...? 🤔 The window for announcements before the year's over tightens as we are coming up to the start of December next week. 👀
Another good point. NSO updates have very consistently been every two months all year and one flat out didn't happen this month. This matters because, outside of presentations, NSO updates average about a week apart from their announcements so one could be announced literally as I'm making this post but likely wouldn't happen until December.

This will probably land me in another Blocked Colonic Tract video but I noticed a few things that also suggest something happening soon:

-The Cuphead and Warframe spirits were re-added on June 9th. Min Min was released on the 29th, almost 3 weeks later.

-Steve had a lot of online maintenance before his reveal. This maintenance, however, was done roughly two weeks before his release. This is interesting because, coincidentally, that last major maintenance before Byleth's release was actually before the Pokemon presentation, several weeks earlier. This raises the potential argument that large maintenance can be done well in advance to save the trouble of doing it close to major releases.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Another good point. NSO updates have very consistently been every two months all year and one flat out didn't happen this month. This matters because, outside of presentations, NSO updates average about a week apart from their announcements so one could be announced literally as I'm making this post but likely wouldn't happen until December.

This will probably land me in another Blocked Colonic Tract video but I noticed a few things that also suggest something happening soon:

-The Cuphead and Warframe spirits were re-added on June 9th. Min Min was released on the 29th, almost 3 weeks later.

-Steve had a lot of online maintenance before his reveal. This maintenance, however, was done roughly two weeks before his release. This is interesting because, coincidentally, that last major maintenance before Byleth's release was actually before the Pokemon presentation, several weeks earlier. This raises the potential argument that large maintenance can be done well in advance to save the trouble of doing it close to major releases.
Which is precisely what has been going on throughout November. There's been a ton of maintenance this month, including over 14 hours worth this week alone

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
If only Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would come... I'm still waiting on that... :urg:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If only Metroid Prime Trilogy HD would come... I'm still waiting on that... :urg:
I haven't played the original Metroid Prime in years. Last time I played it I got stuck in some snow level. I never played Prime 2 or 3. I hope they port the Trilogy to Switch so I can finish 1 and start checking out 2 and 3.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes it seems that Switch is doing that very well and it’s coming. Ports/Definitive Editions/Remakes rescuing old games and chances to new players. This console is amazing
Still wish Nintendo would produce more new entries for their IPs though on the Switch. Having ports is nice, but it's also important and healthy if every franchise of theirs at least get's one new game per console. I'm inching to see a new DKC game with K. Rool and the Kremlings returning as the antagonists.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Next year is big on anniversaries so it's interesting to see which Nintendo actually decides to celebrate. Pokemon is confirmed and Zelda is a given, and while I can't see main Nintendo doing more than one big year-long celebration like what Mario got and Zelda is most likely receiving, that doesn't stop them from doing smaller stuff for their other franchises. I mean, we literally had that happen this year for Fire Emblems 30th and the Shadow Dragon translation. New Metroid and Donkey Kong are already pretty safe bets for 2021 so it'll be interesting if they tie the anniversaries in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom