• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not really sure where we go from here honestly. Yet ANOTHER round of maintenance is weird and we know we're getting news on Doom Eternal SOMETIME this month, but the number of days that are actually viable for a presentation at this point is two, Friday and Monday. Them shadowdropping a mini on a Friday isn't unprecedented if March is anything to go by but still.
My current thoughts? December 3rd is looking really good right now because, coincidentally, a presentation in the first week and another in the third week would mirror exactly what happened in September and October. This also adds to our theorycraft that the Mario Smash tournament was supposed to be in September but delayed. What does this potentially mean? It means that there's a possibility that the Mario tournament wasn't meant to celebrate the release of 8... But the reveal.

Here's the thing... We have not had any characters announced one month and released in another all year. Chances are that if we get a December announcement, it will be a December release. Again,7 day difference for Min Min, 12 day for Byleth and Steve. Do this again and 8 gets released on the 15th, a week after the VGAs do there's no conflict there but before the Christmas and New Years' "break." This is also significant because, ever since Hero, every DLC character has specifically gotten their own tournament. The Mario tournament celebrates the Mario franchise as a whole so the line up we've seen since September is probably conclusive. 8 would still get a tournament based specifically on them. This also makes sense because of the high probability of 8 being third party anyways.

QQS

Smash Lord
My current thoughts? December 3rd is looking really good right now because, coincidentally, a presentation in the first week and another in the third week would mirror exactly what happened in September and October. This also adds to our theorycraft that the Mario Smash tournament was supposed to be in September but delayed. What does this potentially mean? It means that there's a possibility that the Mario tournament wasn't meant to celebrate the release of 8... But the reveal.

Here's the thing... We have not had any characters announced one month and released in another all year. Chances are that if we get a December announcement, it will be a December release. Again,7 day difference for Min Min, 12 day for Byleth and Steve. Do this again and 8 gets released on the 15th, a week after the VGAs do there's no conflict there but before the Christmas and New Years' "break." This is also significant because, ever since Hero, every DLC character has specifically gotten their own tournament. The Mario tournament celebrates the Mario franchise as a whole so the line up we've seen since September is probably conclusive. 8 would still get a tournament based specifically on them. This also makes sense because of the high probability of 8 being third party anyways.
and 8 being the only Third Party character that was born on a First Party franchise = Geno!

Stars are aligning! Geno is the next Banjo-Kazooie!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not really sure where we go from here honestly. Yet ANOTHER round of maintenance is weird and we know we're getting news on Doom Eternal SOMETIME this month, but the number of days that are actually viable for a presentation at this point is two, Friday and Monday. Them shadowdropping a mini on a Friday isn't unprecedented if March is anything to go by but still.
Plus, as mentioned a page or two back, we've had at bare minimum 71 hours worth of maintenance this month alone, most of which was dedicated to the Switch and the E-Shop. That much maintenance is usually a sign or in case of a large amount of titles to be added to the shop, but we only had Age of the Clams, so it's highly dubious that all that maintenance is just for one game

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll point out that Cloud released on December 15th of 2015, so don't rule out the idea of a December release just yet. It's not common granted, but it's still hard to rule out the possibility this early on
True, though I think in that timeframe between Ryu, Roy, Lucas in June and then Cloud in December is a lot more realistic than Steve in October to HayabusaGenoSlayerCrash in December.

but like you said, never say never.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Plus, as mentioned a page or two back, we've had at bare minimum 71 hours worth of maintenance this month alone, most of which was dedicated to the Switch and the E-Shop. That much maintenance is usually a sign or in case of a large amount of titles to be added to the shop, but we only had Age of the Clams, so it's highly dubious that all that maintenance is just for one game
Actually, the 71 hour thing is only the Switch's "Online play of some software - certain network services"
I didn't even account the eShop, NSO and the 3DS (lol) maintenances into this time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True, though I think in that timeframe between Ryu, Roy, Lucas in June and then Cloud in December is a lot more realistic than Steve in October to HayabusaGenoSlayerCrash in December.

but like you said, never say never.
I find myself inclined to agree with his sentiment only because we have decent "evidence" that Byleth's reveal was likely slated for the VGAs but changed for some reason. Jokes about Byleth being underwhelming aside, it could have been done to temper the expectation that until the end of Smash's DLC there would be a new character reveal at every VGA. Barring some next level mindgames, Smash is virtually confirmed to not appear at this year's VGA, but Nintendo might want to continue a "tradition" of doing something in december involving Smash - Ultimate especially. The fact that we're at about 95% probability that we were absolutely robbed of a second reveal from the E3 that never was might lend a little impetus for trying to meet that timing this year.

Or Nintendo can continue to sit on their ass, it seems to be a wildly effective strategy and I don't blame them for not expending the money and resources.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
So, acording to the low internet voices, the next Camelot game is .... another Mario Sports game, probably a new Mario Golf. Tentative release date is late H1, likely june like Mario Tennis and SM Maker 2.

Poor Golden Sun :(

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Steve was announced in October, so January or February 2021 seems to be it given that 2-3 for smash news to appear. December may happen, but we will just have to wait and see when Nintendo is ready.
Since all characters are still set to come out by the end of 2021, we should expect to see a 2-3 month gap between characters like you said. After how long it took to get Min Min and Steve, these remaining gaps are going to feel pretty short. It's already been about a month and a half since Steve released and that seems crazy to me. It feels as if he's only been out for like 2 weeks. 2021 Smash speculation should be really fun knowing how much more frequent announcements will be compared to this year.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So, acording to the low internet voices, the next Camelot game is .... another Mario Sports game, probably a new Mario Golf. Tentative release date is late H1, likely june like Mario Tennis and SM Maker 2.

This is literally only coming from Zippo who doesn't have the best track record. Golden Sun has more than enough backing it up right now, nothing has changed

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

Wouldn't take it super seriously.
Even if Mario Sports comes first, the Golden Sun remake(s) will come later in the year, it is their 20th Anniversary next year after all.

QQS

Smash Lord
2021 will be huge. Geno for Smash, Golden Sun, 3 or more characters in Smash, Zelda 35, Metroid 35, I can guess Odyssey 2, Breath 2, Metroid Trilogy and 4, new Kirby and DK, new console to the NSO GB or 64, what else?

Please Geno be in 2020 or at least in his 25°!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So what are the chances we won't see Geno until 2021 because of next year being SMRPG's 25th anniversary? Not that anniversary dates really mattered in the past when it came to announcing character reveals, but still though I don't see him happening in 2020 due to how late we are in the year.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
2021 will be huge. Geno for Smash, Golden Sun, 3 or more characters in Smash, Zelda 35, Metroid 35, I can guess Odyssey 2, Breath 2, Metroid Trilogy and 4, new Kirby and DK, new console to the NSO GB or 64, what else?

Please Geno be in 2020 or at least in his 25°!
Maybe not Metroid Prime 4 (unless you meant Metroid 5) or Odyssey 2 (depending on who's developing DK), but the rest sounds pretty good!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, Prime 4's development seems to be going about as well as trying to calmly ask a friend where the plunger is after accidentally clogging the toilet and water is now cascading onto the floor like the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia. It was bad last and that doesn't look like that has hardly changed. 2D Metroid seems long overdue though considering Verge was reporting on the rumors before E3 2019 and Prime Trilogy has been vaporware for 2 years next month.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Looks like even Aaronitmar is expecting a Smash reveal next month.

Just gotta say, I am feeling more and more positive about a Smash reveal happening before the TGA's. Last month I was very pessimistic about getting a reveal right now, but as more time has gone on, I am starting to realize just how long it really has been since Steve has dropped, combined with the fact that other big Nintendo "discussers" are predicting a reveal soon as well. I don't know about you all, but I have a great feeling that we may actually be getting something soon.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Yeah, Prime 4's development seems to be going about as well as trying to calmly ask a friend where the plunger is after accidentally clogging the toilet and water is now cascading onto the floor like the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia. It was bad last and that doesn't look like that has hardly changed. 2D Metroid seems long overdue though considering Verge was reporting on the rumors before E3 2019 and Prime Trilogy has been vaporware for 2 years next month.
Meanwhile at Retro:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Looks like even Aaronitmar is expecting a Smash reveal next month.

Just gotta say, I am feeling more and more positive about a Smash reveal happening before the TGA's. Last month I was very pessimistic about getting a reveal right now, but as more time has gone on, I am starting to realize just how long it really has been since Steve has dropped, combined with the fact that other big Nintendo "discussers" are predicting a reveal soon as well. I don't know about you all, but I have a great feeling that we may actually be getting something soon.
Forgive me, but if I may ask; who is this guy?

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
Since all characters are still set to come out by the end of 2021, we should expect to see a 2-3 month gap between characters like you said. After how long it took to get Min Min and Steve, these remaining gaps are going to feel pretty short. It's already been about a month and a half since Steve released and that seems crazy to me. It feels as if he's only been out for like 2 weeks. 2021 Smash speculation should be really fun knowing how much more frequent announcements will be compared to this year.
That announcement came before COVID, so I wouldn't exactly treat the "all of FP2 released by end of 2021" as gospel. They have the ultimate excuse in COVID-19 to not have to meet that deadline.

pinshadow

Smash Lord

Has Nazyrus Nazyrus addressed this at all yet?

Well regardless, the fact that it's Zippo saying it is already kinda shaky and I still can't see Camelot taking 3 years just to put out another Sports Title. I know reading too much into trademarks is a Nintendo fan staple but I'll be shocked if the MULTIPLE NEW (not renewals) filings Golden Sun got earlier this year don't lead to anything.

EDIT: Also, if there was a Mario Sports game for early next year, don't you think Nintendo would have addressed it in the giant Mario Presentation they did?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Has Nazyrus Nazyrus addressed this at all yet?

Well regardless, the fact that it's Zippo saying it is already kinda shaky and I still can't see Camelot taking 3 years just to put out another Sports Title. I know reading too much into trademarks is a Nintendo fan staple but I'll be shocked if the MULTIPLE NEW (not renewals) filings Golden Sun got earlier this year don't lead to anything.
Companies don't just renew trademarks for series for no reason.

Reactions: QQS

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Also, if there was a Mario Sports game for early next year, don't you think Nintendo would have addressed it in the giant Mario Presentation they did?
The Direct specified that it would be "announcing upcoming Super Mario games and products that will be released by Spring 2021"; as-in by late March, when Spring begins. If Mario Golf was releasing in, say, June, it wouldn't need to be detailed there.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So if he is just a speculator, why is that video you posted important again?
I don't necessarily think the video is important, but the fact that even big name Smash YouTubers are bringing up the possibility of a reveal coming very soon gives me just a tiny bit of hope that something could happen.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I don't necessarily think the video is important, but the fact that even big name Smash YouTubers are bringing up the possibility of a reveal coming very soon gives me just a tiny bit of hope that something could happen.
That is just Argumentum Ad Populum.

Just because everybody believes on something doesn't mean it's real.

QQS

Smash Lord
There is no valid point to not put Geno playable this time. He was even Splash Art with his Mii before. Everyone is aware of how big is this guy, how big is the deal and how many thousands will be happy with him.

To keep the logic, he is such a perfect character in terms of Nintendo history, he has a very solid moveset that could bring new things to Smash, all his moves are done in just one game, even with the taunts and animations, the music is amazing, the franchise is Mario, the composer has been working with Smash since Brawl, and also in Ultimate, the design fits very well to bring more of these kind of beloved characters and also he is one of the last to become playable between the Never Evers (Ridley KKR Banjo Cloud etc). Probably then Sora, Crash and Isaac. Hope they join also for the fans.

Geno is the biggest character that must join right now. His demand is insane. His memories remains. I still remember the 7 years old me playing as Geno.

Who would thought that Goodbye Geno was, indeed, a goodbye for 25 years? Well, now it’s time to shine CAUSE A STAR IS BORN!

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

Your signature made that post hurt even more, but it's a good reminder to be patient. I cant imagine it being too much longer till a reveal, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We talked about the Mario Sports rumors over the summer and here's me talking about them in July:

The rumors have been either a Strikers reboot or a totally new sports game. Next Level Games develops Strikers so it's definitely not Camelot if that. I have a hard time seeing Camelot developing a brand new Mario Sports game. They've been doing Tennis and Golf since the N64 and Nintendo trusted Strikers, Sluggers, Mario and Sonic, Sports Mix, Hoops 3 on 3, etc to different companies. After swerving them on new sports games for almost 20 years, why would Nintendo suddenly tap Camelot again?

Beyond this, I trust Naz's info more. Knowing Naz for close to two years and knowing he largely focuses his "research" specifically on Golden Sun, Tales, and Zelda, I feel all the information he has gathered is accurate. He wouldn't make that glaring of a mistake plus it's not like Naz is the only person who has heard about Golden Sun coming back. Multiple people have been hearing this since last fall. Zippo, however, seems to be the first person I have seen specifically say Camelot is developing this mystery Mario sports game.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Yeah I know, that's not what I'm saying. I feel like their is a difference between believing in something or believing in the possibility of something. Obviously, this isn't the "pacification" that has me convinced 100% that we will get something, but after watching the video, I feel good at the very least that maybe something could happen. I'm not saying it with 100% certainty as I still have a little pessimism in me, but I do think their is at least a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom