• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Another idea for Geno's Up B that someone has probably mentioned at some point is to make it function like Min Min's Up B, wherein depending on whether you're in the air or on the ground it functions completely differently.

On the ground it works like it does in SMRPG, buffing Geno's attack and defense, while in the air it simply makes him fly, either in a Launch Star style burst, or a more relaxed gliding like his star form or a Luma.

QQS

Smash Lord
We all will be in ecstasy when Geno reveal shows up. Imagine 2-3 minutes of a trailer + 40 minutes of Sakurai speaking of what mean SMRPG to that era, what does it mean now, the legacy, and Geno’s moveset. Also commenting of how important that moment is, due to how demanded was Geno and how he wanted him before but Square only allowed Geno after FF & DQ, of course.

Then, don’t be worried again for Geno being costumed cause we are seeing Geno’s Challenger Pack, and the Mii in question would be: Crono, Mallow, Sora, 2B, Chocobo and or Smithy.

This is happening.

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
It's been a while since i posted (that's because i forgot i had a account for a minute lol) but I'm still here still lurking but anyways since my files are starting act weird everytime i try to send it, imma have to take a twitter route and send my art from there. So here....my geno and mallow fusion

Alright gonna go back into the dark lurking zone

D

Deleted member

We all will be in ecstasy when Geno reveal shows up. Imagine 2-3 minutes of a trailer + 40 minutes of Sakurai speaking of what mean SMRPG to that era, what does it mean now, the legacy, and Geno’s moveset. Also commenting of how important that moment is, due to how demanded was Geno and how he wanted him before but Square only allowed Geno after FF & DQ, of course.

Then, don’t be worried again for Geno being costumed cause we are seeing Geno’s Challenger Pack, and the Mii in question would be: Crono, Mallow, Sora, 2B, Chocobo and or Smithy.

This is happening.
Crono should definitely be a costume. Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG are both JRPG SNES cult classic games. 2B on the other hand, eh I don’t see her happening at all because Nintendo has yet to give support to the Drakenguard and the Nier series any form like they did with Persona. Possible but unlikely to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From the Newcomer Speculation thread.

A ResetERA insider that is verified by admins claims that Geno is in Fighter Pass 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A ResetERA insider that is verified by admins claims that Geno is in Fighter Pass 2.
I think we’ve seen this guy in this thread. That’s the same guy who claimed Nintendo approached Disney but failed I think. Did this guy show any credibility?

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually though, I Thought MondoMega said the only thing he knew regarding inside info was Sora being Attempted for Smash but it didn't come to Pass, and besides that he didn't have any other info. that might have been only at the Time though

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 16 | Well... WE'RE WAITING! OT | ResetEra

Of course, Because Sora would require talks with Square (along with Disney), and Geno would also require talks with Square, it's possible of some he might have also hear murmuring of that. I don't know if this is just an hint or actual predicting. The Thread itself isn't going crazy about this right now

Now if Tansut Would commentate on this, (Since he predicted Cloud and Dragon quest, and TWENY Stuff happening), That would be the Cherry on top

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually though, I Thought MondoMega said the only thing he knew regarding inside info was Sora being Attempted for Smash but it didn't come to Pass, and besides that he didn't have any other info. that might have been only at the Time though

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 16 | Well... WE'RE WAITING! OT | ResetEra

Of course, Because Sora would require talks with Square (along with Disney), and Geno would also require talks with Square, it's possible of some he might have also hear murmuring of that. I don't know if this is just an hint or actual predicting. The Thread itself isn't going crazy about this right now

Now if Tansut Would commentate on this, (Since he predicted Cloud and Dragon quest, and TWENY Stuff happening), That would be the Cherry on top
If you scroll down further in the same page, he said he’s hoping it will happen. Not sure if he has info regarding Smash anymore.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeeeeah I wouldn't trust on someone who has no real track record. And no, being against Sora does not add credibility to anyone lol that's not how it works, otherwise everyone and their mother would have credibility for denying Sora.

That being said tho… it's gonna be a long week, thanks to word getting around now. Time to prepare "reset the clock" memes for every day again, lol…and I thought we would get a break of that for the rest of 2020… but NOPE

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yeeeeah I wouldn't trust on someone who has no real track record. And no, being against Sora does not add credibility to anyone lol that's not how it works, otherwise everyone and their mother would have credibility for denying Sora.

That being said tho… it's gonna be a long week, thanks to word getting around now. Time to prepare "reset the clock" memes for every day again, lol…and I thought we would get a break of that for the rest of 2020… but NOPE
Not sure if you're still on or can even answer, but in general or specifically Nintendo?

My sleep schedule is absolutely garbo at the moment (which I guess I'm fine with since I'm going to make the incredibly stupid decision to try and camp out for a console at Gamestop Friday Morning) so I guess I'm going to stay up for the TWEWY thing at 7am PST... funny, isn't that the same time Nintendo has been shadowdropping stuff this entire year? Hmmm.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Not sure if you're still on or can even answer, but in general or specifically Nintendo?

My sleep schedule is absolutely garbo at the moment (which I guess I'm fine with since I'm going to make the incredibly stupid decision to try and camp out for a console at Gamestop Friday Morning) so I guess I'm going to stay up for the TWEWY thing at 7am PST... funny, isn't that the same time Nintendo has been shadowdropping stuff this entire year? Hmmm.
Just take your mask, and alcohol gel.
I only camped for the wii, and would not do it again. First units are real bad and you're never sure if they're gonna last.( both hardware or games wise)
Also, I expect some delays in smash stuff because cv19 cases in japan are growing at an alarming rate.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
While it’s true that MondoMega had no real “track record” yet, why are we suddenly forgetting that resetera does not **** around with leaks?

Yeah, Zippo got a lot of stuff wrong, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that his sources were vetted by mods.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Yes, it is the same one
Am I though?

I am.

No, I think that was Khan that mentioned the "Nintendo approached Disney" thing for Sora.
Imran mentioned it like half a year before I did, yeah. He was unclear about when Nintendo approached Disney for Smash though, so I felt like specifying that it was for Volume 2 specifically. I still stand by what I said about Sora after Steve's reveal, but in regards to Geno, I don't plan on saying anything else beyond what I already shared in that ResetEra thread.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
No, I think that was Khan that mentioned the "Nintendo approached Disney" thing for Sora.
You’re both right and wrong. Yes, it was Imran first, but Mondo said the same thing quickly following the Steve reveal, and claimed that to be the only inside information they know. It rather unclear if the Geno stuff is also real info or just meant some sort of joke, but on the off chance it is real info, it would have to be vetted through moderators on that site, which doesn’t guarentee credibility, but can certainly help

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's ignore that MondoMega doesn't really have a track record and pretend that maybe he has some form of credibility... But even then we can't ignore that in this same thread, only a page later, Mondo posts this:

1606140601349.png

He's full of ****.

And what the hell does this mean?

1606140266439.png

This is the Tansut after all, the man who leaked Cloud. Tansut knew TWEWY info was coming back when TWEWY was picking up steam again (near its anime announcement I think?), so there's no way he's not in the loop... So how does one miss being in the loop? This doesn't parse. However, one could read it as a subtle jab at Mondo as someone who is out of the loop, and then it makes perfect sense.

This is proof enough for me. The SquareEnix insider is calling Mondo's bluff and doing his best to drag out our suffering by being vague about it. I'm almost willing to put money on Tansut knowing who Square's next Smash rep is and he clearly is saying right here that it's not Geno.

Stop giving clout chasers the time of day.

MondoMega is a user here in smashboard I think

Or at least, there is a guy (?) with the same username lol.

If he is just toying, I hope he knows that he is playing with serious fire.
Ah yes, playing with the "serious fire" that is the eternal doormat, the Geno fanbase. It would not be the first time we've been put into a headlock and violently noogied relentlessly and it will not be the last time that someone attempts to drown us in the nastiest toilet they can find. This fanbase is free to **** with and will be so until the end of time. It's socially acceptable to make fun of us and in this awful environment I don't blame any of these people, gotta have a laugh somehow. I only ask our antagonists remember that we're people who have to live through a pandemic too, and maybe we need a laugh once in a while that isn't at our expense.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Geno's up special definitely seems to be the biggest point of contention in his moveset. It's easy to to get creative but for the most part his specials seem pretty straight forward other than that one although his down special can also be contingent on what people decide his up special should be. We've discussed Geno boost, turning into a cannon and shooting himself upward, having the star float upwards then the puppet body join it, using a flower or save/item block or or spring or something of that nature from the game to jump off of (this could even be one of Bowyer's arrows, Croco's head, a tadpole, a minecart, or any number of things), using propulsion from one of his moves like some of Mii gunner's recoveries, and just recently having a recovery that is different on ground than in the air and could even have Geno Blast be that move, etc. It's amazing how interchangeable his moveset can be.

Since we're on the subject let's throw around some more recovery options whether they be silly or just different the idea here is to be creative. Here's some unconventional ideas:

Geno could spin his cape around him while moving upwards at a diagonal angle that you can control slightly kind of like the Link's up special.

Geno could shoot an arm out like a tether to reach the stage kind of acting like Joker's up special.

A stump could appear below Geno and a wiggler could pop out of it propelling Geno upwards as long as he stays on the wiggler but the wiggler will damage opponents.

Bowyer could appear a shoot Geno out of his...bow-like body...or same thing but with a Toad with a bazooka. Obviously this option is the only logical choice.

This could be a move where mallow assists in some way whether it be with a snowy gust upwards, a PK Thunder-esque jolt, turning Geno into a big star that jumps high up and crashes down like Dedede's recovery, simply carrying him upwards because he's a cloud, crashing cymbals together to propel Geno upwards, or a simple lift or throw, use the nimbus royal bus, wear pants, etc.

Geno could create a sort of rainbow or star bridge or staircase of sorts that lasts for a brief moment.

Geno could spin around as a light shines down on him and he flies upwards while spinning mimicking the star spirit leaving the doll.

Belome could appear and swallow Geno then spit him out.

A bob-omb could appear below Geno whose explosion would propel Geno upwards.

We could easily keep going and getting more and more obscure. I just love how easy it is to sit and come up with ideas even if they stray a bit too far from source material.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Let's ignore that MondoMega doesn't really have a track record and pretend that maybe he has some form of credibility... But even then we can't ignore that in this same thread, only a page later, Mondo posts this:

View attachment 292543

He's full of ****.

View attachment 292542
This is the Tansut after all, the man who leaked Cloud. Tansut knew TWEWY info was coming back when TWEWY was picking up steam again (near its anime announcement I think?), so there's no way he's not in the loop... So how does one miss being in the loop? This doesn't parse. However, one could read it as a subtle jab at Mondo as someone who is out of the loop, and then it makes perfect sense.

This is proof enough for me. The SquareEnix insider is calling Mondo's bluff and doing his best to drag out our suffering by being vague about it. I'm almost willing to put money on Tansut knowing who Square's next Smash rep is and he clearly is saying right here that it's not Geno.

Ah yes, playing with the "serious fire" that is the eternal doormat, the Geno fanbase. It would not be the first time we've been put into a headlock and violently noogied relentlessly and it will not be the last time that someone attempts to drown us in the nastiest toilet they can find. This fanbase is free to **** with and will be so until the end of time. It's socially acceptable to make fun of us and in this awful environment I don't blame any of these people, gotta have a laugh somehow. I only ask our antagonists remember that we're people who have to live through a pandemic too, and maybe we need a laugh once in a while that isn't at our expense.

Wow, I didn't even noticed that was Tansut that posted that

But I'll be completely honest, the fact that Tansut isn't coming out straight up with Geno info, or any mention of it kinda seems a little murky for Geno in my Personal Opinion. He was tongue and Cheek with Cloud, but He was straight forward with Hero and TWENY. I would think if anyone would know of Geno being Playable in Smash it would be the Guy that solely leaks Square Content

I won't come him out though, Of Course not. But yeah

Heoj

Smash Ace
When I first saw that there was some insider dude hinting at geno who was approved by resetera admins, it excited me. But then as i read more, that excitement just... poofed out of existence. I really dont care at all and i dont think it means anything at all.

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 292543

He's full of ****.

View attachment 292542

You're forgetting that Resetera admins have no tolerance for false info. It's very much a possibility that Tansut's being tongue in cheek again. It's really damn tiring to see doom and gloom over this

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Whether Mondo's information is right or not, I don't see any reason to be an asshole to him. I'm currently seeing people dig into him on other sites and Discord channels and it's like... "Is that REALLY necessary?" I swear, like 3/4's of the Smash fanbase goes ****in' feral if Geno's mentioned in a positive light in literally any context. God... It took a leviathan effort to get people to cancel Sabi over his bull**** and yet people are armed and ready to destroy this dude for basically repeating what multiple notable insiders already said months ago.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Whether Mondo's information is right or not, I don't see any reason to be an asshole to him. I'm currently seeing people dig into him on other sites and Discord channels and it's like... "Is that REALLY necessary?" I swear, like 3/4's of the Smash fanbase goes in' feral if Geno's mentioned in a positive light in literally any context. God... It took a leviathan effort to get people to cancel Sabi over his bull and yet people are armed and ready to destroy this dude for basically repeating what multiple notable insiders already said months ago.
EXACTLY. Christ, this is far from the first time Geno's been mentioned or rumored by insiders for the past few years, and most likely isn't the last

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I swear, like 3/4's of the Smash fanbase goes ****in' feral if Geno's mentioned in a positive light in literally any context.
Man, sometimes even this thread goes feral when you mention Geno in a positive light. There's a reason I like to joke that any fake leak being peddled around is immediately considered true when it deconfirms Geno because it's like everyone always has this damn kneejerk reaction to anything involving leaks that put Geno in a positive light. Meanwhile, I see people start freaking out about whatever new 4chan leak predicted that the next Mario game was gonna be a platformer that tacks on Richard Nixon from CoD Zombies is gonna be FP8.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

View attachment 292543

He's full of ****.

View attachment 292542

Why are you pretending that you know exactly if a former insider is still in the loop or not? Cloud was released 5 years ago. That's a long time to decide whether you're going to continue being involved with leaks w/ smash. This is a glaring issue with your logic.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Why are you pretending that you know exactly if a former insider is still in the loop or not? Cloud was released 5 years ago. That's a long time to decide whether you're going to continue being involved with leaks w/ smash. This is a glaring issue with your logic.
Ehh, Tansut also was on the Dragon Quest Train, and he did mention stuff about TWEWY, So he's been leaking more recent than 5 Years

Which speaking of which, here's a New TWEWY Game

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Not really in the "person may or may not know something and is being obtuse in a way that just makes them more annoying than mysterious" kind of mood. Anyway, seems like TWEWY 2 is real as all hell, out in Summer 2021, and not actually a Switch exclusive, it's also on PS4 even though Nintendo flat out published Final Remix. Huh.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 292543

He's full of ****.

View attachment 292542

Nah dude, if Tansut is directly saying or hinting that Square rep isn’t Geno then it may be over. The fact he didn’t come out about ANYTHING Smash related since Hero at this point is odd. Not even a hint towards another character. We don’t even know if Tansut has any info regarding Smash right now. Yeah, this is a jab at MM who is the one out of the loop by actually not aware or knowing any information like an actual insider would but being a pretender. If Tansut is trying to “end our misery” he would perhaps not say “hoping this is true” instead of being less straightforward about it. Not even a single person in RE has thought or questioned this is a potential deconfirm of Geno. Perhaps you’re taking this context a bit out of hand?

StarLight42

Smash Lord

View attachment 292543

He's full of ****.

View attachment 292542

Not even a few hours later and you already go full pathetic doomer mode. Stop.

FCD6B130-A5B4-424A-8362-310F2F79A6A2.png

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Man, sometimes even this thread goes feral when you mention Geno in a positive light. There's a reason I like to joke that any fake leak being peddled around is immediately considered true when it deconfirms Geno because it's like everyone always has this damn kneejerk reaction to anything involving leaks that put Geno in a positive light. Meanwhile, I see people start freaking out about whatever new 4chan leak predicted that the next Mario game was gonna be a platformer that tacks on Richard Nixon from CoD Zombies is gonna be FP8.
It hasn't helped that a few of the more pessimistic users here are not just going into auto-pessimism mode at a drop at a hat, but, to be honest, have also been having a bit of a jerkass attitude with it. Its not enough to be sour on Geno's chances, they also are coming off as rude and condescending to others who aren't doom and gloom over everything. Its Wynn all over again. At first he was just negative. Then he was jerkish and negative.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I dont really get why theres so many "doomposting is bad" thing going on here, i mean if you have faith in that mondomega guy then full speed ahead on you, but at least for me i just cant put any speck of trust in him whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom