• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I dont really get why theres so many "doomposting is bad" thing going on here, i mean if you have faith in that mondomega guy then full speed ahead on you, but at least for me i just cant put any speck of trust in him whatsoever.
Mate, I literally called Fatman an "UBER CRINGE CRINGER!!" a few weeks ago for getting overexcited and waving the white victory flag for Geno.

I'm about as middle of the scale as you can get.

Serenade is being absolutely ridiculous here. Tansut has done nothing to harm Geno's chances.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I dont really get why theres so many "doomposting is bad" thing going on here, i mean if you have faith in that mondomega guy then full speed ahead on you, but at least for me i just cant put any speck of trust in him whatsoever.
I guess it's because some people are using this to say "based on what Mondo Mega has said, I don't think that he has insider information about this" (which is reasonable), while others are saying "clearly, Tansut's comment is proof that Geno's never getting in, and the Geno fandom consists of gullible sheep for even considering the idea." (which is not)

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
For reasons that don't extend too far beyond a guess/psychic meditation/intuition, I'm gonna say this:

I'm willing to bet that the next character is either Geno or Hayabusa. That's just what I happen to be feeling lately. Doubly more so if that Ninja Gaiden Trilogy whatever really does turn up in some sort of presentation or whatever, then going "Hey, Hayabusa is ALSO in Smash! Check out both Smash and his games!" would make some kind of synergy.

But really, all told, it's just a feeling. Geno or Hayabusa is next.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, in regards to Tansut, one thing that I have tried to explain over and over again this year is that getting information has been increasingly harder to get, even for seasoned insiders. There's a pandemic and multiple companies have started cracking down even harder on leaks, some with borderline zero tolerance policies. For example, speaking for myself, of news dumps I've gotten this year (as in relating to multiple games either from one person or multiple people in a short time span), I can count on a cow's hoof: one in July and one in September. That's it. The appeal has tanked for obvious reasons and COVID has hard rocked most development plans anyways so nobody knows when the hell stuff will actually come to fruition. We waited over a year and a half for Pikmin 3 Deluxe and 3D World Deluxe and barely anyone has the patience to wait this stuff out. For example, the very real possibility that evergreen rumors like the Golden Sun Remakes will probably wind up being E3 2021 just exhausts the hell out of me... Don't even get me started on how pissy everyone has been this year because of everything.

D

Deleted member

Remember ladies and gentlemen, there is nothing wrong about having your expectations low. However, this extreme pessimism and shoving doom and gloom to others is not a good look on you. What’s even worse, is that if you end up being wrong, you may look like a complete goof to others. So please show positivity and faith even if we are in the worst of times in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as announcements I'm still of the opinion that outside DLC reveals for selective games, we're gonna be dark until January. A strategy of holiday sales and highlighting the big games they have feels like a very obvious Nintendo play for the Christmas season.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
OK, so real talk here, if we were to get any kind of formal announcement this month, when do you think would be a realistic cut-off for news? With Black Friday coming up this week, I would think the intelligent play would be to reveal something by Wednesday at the latest. What say you?

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
OK, so real talk here, if we were to get any kind of formal announcement this month, when do you think would be a realistic cut-off for news? With Black Friday coming up this week, I would think the intelligent play would be to reveal something by Wednesday at the latest. What say you?
Any day but Thanksgiving is possible.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Having announcements BEFORE Black Friday WOULD be a way to sell Nintendo Switches to people on Black Friday...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Having announcements BEFORE Black Friday WOULD be a way to sell Nintendo Switches to people on Black Friday...
Not to mention Nintendo's Black Friday sales started yesterday and are crazy good this year. I got Three Houses yesterday for 30 bucks. For a first party game that's a little over a year old, that's absurd. People are like "ah man, announcing new stuff would ground pound Nintendo's holiday profits", meanwhile, Nintendo's having historic half off sales for first party games. Not to mention the Switch has been the best selling console for 28 months straight and the launches of XBOX Series X and PS5 we're kind of yawn inducing so Nintendo likely has negative ****s to give in that regard.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not to mention Nintendo's Black Friday sales started yesterday and are crazy good this year. I got Three Houses yesterday for 30 bucks. For a first party game that's a little over a year old, that's absurd. People are like "ah man, announcing new stuff would ground pound Nintendo's holiday profits", meanwhile, Nintendo's having historic half off sales for first party games. Not to mention the Switch has been the best selling console for 28 months straight and the launches of XBOX Series X and PS5 we're kind of yawn inducing so Nintendo likely has negative ****s to give in that regard.
Plus, Age of Clam Chowder is the absolute last game Nintendo is releasing in 2020. All the next games we know of so far are 2021 releases, so there's no competition at all for a Smash DLC announcement at this point. Since the next major Nintendo title we know for sure is Mario 3D World getting a Switch port in March of next year, that's at least a 4 month gap.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Yeeeeah I wouldn't trust on someone who has no real track record. And no, being against Sora does not add credibility to anyone lol that's not how it works, otherwise everyone and their mother would have credibility for denying Sora.

That being said tho… it's gonna be a long week, thanks to word getting around now. Time to prepare "reset the clock" memes for every day again, lol…and I thought we would get a break of that for the rest of 2020… but NOPE
FINALLY someone who agrees with me! I've been saying this exact thing but since I'm a known Sora supporter people just assume I'm bias and that I'm playing Mondo down because he "deconfirmed" a character I want. It's because it's an easy and obvious conclusion anyone could come to!

It's like saying "Scorpion was a name being tossed around but ultimately rejected due to Mortal Kombat's violence" and claiming to be an insider: That's a claim anyone could make and be reasonably correct.

If Mondo had any other claims to his name, I'd be a bit more willing to hear him out, but all we have going for him is that apparently he hasn't been banned yet.... and that's it. I won't tell ya'll to not get excited because it'd be big if it pans out, but I feel like there needs to be some level of healthy skepticism here

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
FINALLY someone who agrees with me! I've been saying this exact thing but since I'm a known Sora supporter people just assume I'm bias and that I'm playing Mondo down because he "deconfirmed" a character I want. It's because it's an easy and obvious conclusion anyone could come to!

It's like saying "Scorpion was a name being tossed around but ultimately rejected due to Mortal Kombat's violence" and claiming to be an insider: That's a claim anyone could make and be reasonably correct.

If Mondo had any other claims to his name, I'd be a bit more willing to hear him out, but all we have going for him is that apparently he hasn't been banned yet.... and that's it. I won't tell ya'll to not get excited because it'd be big if it pans out, but I feel like there needs to be some level of healthy skepticism here
See, skepticism is fair. People insisting that he's a total fraud and in the same racket as me (lying to children for Reddit Gold ™) is totally uncalled for. Also, I've had some interactions with him in the past where he asked me questions about stuff I posted here and was nothing but polite despite obvious skepticism so I feel he's owed the same.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Like I get he is verified by Era admins and all that jazz, but I don't take that in count much more than actual track record of leaking things. Zippo got banned a while back this year for fake leaking Mario kart 9 with some unused promo for 8… so, so much for being "verified". I only pay attention to people when they actually have a track record, not just being "verified" by admins, lol. No offense to the guy, but i hate how people lick insiders' feet without something to actually back themselves with.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
HOLY MOTHER FORKING SHIRT BALLS! Three Houses for $30?! When does Nintendo EVER slash prices for first party stuff?! (frantically pulls up online deals...)

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno is my most wanted ever (with Mega Man before).

After Geno I would like to see Crash and maybe Rayman. Of course Zero and Skull Kid are my other wanted but those aren’t happening I gusss, I can live with that.

The only human character I want to see and I feel is a must, it’s Ryu Hayabusa. He is probably the greatest ninja ever, he was born in NES, he is a NES legend, he has so much potential on Smash, his music and moveset are amazing, the Sheik-Greninja-Hayabusa fight and trailer would be epic, and also Koei has good relation with Nintendo and can reborn the franchise on Switch, with new games and old.

Im not into Lloyd or Isaac but I would be happy for the fans. Also Lloyd has many many good chances.

Im done only with Geno and I know he is happening. That’s my only and final request. After him, I would be fine playing as Hayabusa also, nice guy!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I pointed out yesterday, Nintendo has had presentations in November as late as the 27th and literally the day before Thanksgiving so, weirdly, this isn't new territory but I won't lie that it's kind of annoying because at the beginning of the month it was like "well, historically, if something happens in November, it will most likely be the first two weeks" and then it was "well, ****... Now Nintendo's doing all this weird stuff on the third week" and now it's "well, ****, now all these people are hinting at something on the fourth week."

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Geno is my most wanted ever (with Mega Man before).

After Geno I would like to see Crash and maybe Rayman. Of course Zero and Skull Kid are my other wanted but those aren’t happening I gusss, I can live with that.

The only human character I want to see and I feel is a must, it’s Ryu Hayabusa. He is probably the greatest ninja ever, he was born in NES, he is a NES legend, he has so much potential on Smash, his music and moveset are amazing, the Sheik-Greninja-Hayabusa fight and trailer would be epic, and also Koei has good relation with Nintendo and can reborn the franchise on Switch, with new games and old.

Im not into Lloyd or Isaac but I would be happy for the fans. Also Lloyd has many many good chances.

Im done only with Geno and I know he is happening. That’s my only and final request. After him, I would be fine playing as Hayabusa also, nice guy!

I mean, I just kinda want Hayabusa so I could technically say that Dead or Alive is represented in Smash hahaha. More still if like he comes with an Ayane Mii costume like the little purple wig or whatever or like if some of the DOA music gets thrown in with Hayabusa (Gotta Move On, etc).

Geno and Hayabusa gotta go stop DOATEC and MIST, man. Those two companies won't stop at cloning Kasumi for the billionth time, Alpha-152, Phase 4, it doesn't end there. Can't let em get the Star Road pieces or power up mushrooms or Pokeballs or whatever, Geno and Hayabusa gotta stop em. Who KNOWS what they'll do with those things (besides host a sweaty fighting tournament) ?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Like I pointed out yesterday, Nintendo has had presentations in November as late as the 27th and literally the day before Thanksgiving so, weirdly, this isn't new territory but I won't lie that it's kind of annoying because at the beginning of the month it was like "well, historically, if something happens in November, it will most likely be the first two weeks" and then it was "well, *... Now Nintendo's doing all this weird stuff on the third week" and now it's "well, *, now all these people are hinting at something on the fourth week."
That, and the unexplained large amount of maintenance we had last week. There's no way they would do that much just for Age of Clam Chowder

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
...is anyone else getting random bolding for certain quotes/replies like I am getting or?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Like I get he is verified by Era admins and all that jazz, but I don't take that in count much more than actual track record of leaking things. Zippo got banned a while back this year for fake leaking Mario kart 9 with some unused promo for 8… so, so much for being "verified". I only pay attention to people when they actually have a track record, not just being "verified" by admins, lol. No offense to the guy, but i hate how people lick insiders' feet without something to actually back themselves with.
that...is not why Zippo was banned. Yes, he got the Feb Direct wrong, but that’s not why he was banned. Also, his Mario Kart stuff was for the track thing, and he got overconfident in it being MK9. He also got overconfident in 3D All Stars being a 64 remake.

9BE2732E-4627-48F3-B193-C2D103D7B049.jpeg

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Like I pointed out yesterday, Nintendo has had presentations in November as late as the 27th and literally the day before Thanksgiving so, weirdly, this isn't new territory but I won't lie that it's kind of annoying because at the beginning of the month it was like "well, historically, if something happens in November, it will most likely be the first two weeks" and then it was "well, *... Now Nintendo's doing all this weird stuff on the third week" and now it's "well, *, now all these people are hinting at something on the fourth week."
Hang on, some people are hinting at something this week? Or is this just speculation?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
About this Mondo guy and leaks, haven’t others leaked Geno in Ultimate before he did?
Which is why this is being way overblown because, at worst, he's parroting stuff that people like Imran Khan and Andre Seger were saying months ago. As I've said to defend myself many times, he doesn't have a track record but he has a history both there and here. Nobody just wakes up one day and is like "huh, I'm just going to lie to the masses." No, the bull****ters are always bull****ters and a depressing number of people don't get that.

"I've been here over a decade and a mod twice... Why would I just suddenly decide to lie to the fanbase I helped build?"

"Um, because e-cred and likes are a valuable and indispensable commodity, obviously... GET NAY-NAY'D, FATMAN! (Flosses)"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Which is why this is being way overblown because, at worst, he's parroting stuff that people like Imran Khan and Andre Seger were saying months ago. As I've said to defend myself many times, he doesn't have a track record but he has a history both there and here. Nobody just wakes up one day and is like "huh, I'm just going to lie to the masses." No, the bull****ters are always bull****ters and a depressing number of people don't get that.

"I've been here over a decade and a mod twice... Why would I just suddenly decide to lie to the fanbase I helped build?"

"Um, because e-cred and likes are a valuable and indispensable commodity, obviously... GET NAY-NAY'D, FATMAN! (Flosses)"

Good observation. His parroting others is no surprise.

But, if I read in your other post correctly, we still shouldn't be jumping all over this guy, even if he is not reliable to begin with, right?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
that...is not why Zippo was banned. Yes, he got the Feb Direct wrong, but that’s not why he was banned. Also, his Mario Kart stuff was for the track thing, and he got overconfident in it being MK9. He also got overconfident in 3D All Stars being a 64 remake.

View attachment 292565
Wait, so that whole rumor about MK9 getting delayed to 2021 was actually just for that Mario Kart AR thing for Switch? Or is that something different? I know Vergeben claimed that MK9 is real and got delayed to next year.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Good observation. His parroting others is no surprise.

But, if I read in your other post correctly, we still shouldn't be jumping all over this guy, even if he is not reliable to begin with, right?
Right. At worst he's piggybacking (barely a crime anyways) but, even then, it's not like he's blasting his thoughts everywhere but leave it to the Smash fanbase to wildly overreact to the guy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Right. At worst he's piggybacking (barely a crime anyways) but, even then, it's not like he's blasting his thoughts everywhere but leave it to the Smash fanbase to wildly overreact to the guy.
Agreed. There is so much worse you can do than piggybacking, and I don't see this guy doing that much worse, if at all. I mean, he is no Sabi, that is for sure.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hang on, some people are hinting at something this week? Or is this just speculation?
Not out in the open for obvious reasons. I don't think anyone's going to build up the brass to openly hint at presentations for a long time given what happened in September. It's just that "Soon ™" cryptic **** that has haunted this entire month.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I mean, I just kinda want Hayabusa so I could technically say that Dead or Alive is represented in Smash hahaha. More still if like he comes with an Ayane Mii costume like the little purple wig or whatever or like if some of the DOA music gets thrown in with Hayabusa (Gotta Move On, etc).

Geno and Hayabusa gotta go stop DOATEC and MIST, man. Those two companies won't stop at cloning Kasumi for the billionth time, Alpha-152, Phase 4, it doesn't end there. Can't let em get the Star Road pieces or power up mushrooms or Pokeballs or whatever, Geno and Hayabusa gotta stop em. Who KNOWS what they'll do with those things (besides host a sweaty fighting tournament) ?
I imagine Ryu would bring DOA content; he could even be the next “Terry” & bring tons of Koei content.

Also, it seems like Tansut doesn’t know anything about Smash rn. I could see his source being wary of the Nintendo ninjas this time around. Hero was basically leaked by the Smash team theirselves which is why he got to talk about it last time. I’d say everything’s still fine in Geno land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom