• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a link to this interview ?

And tbh , as big as Fortnite is , I simply doubt it. For all we know , they're aware of Smash's popularity , and want to ride a bit on it , even if they have nothing to show.
I admit that I really don't want to see Fortnite content in Smash , so I'm very biased toward thinking it won't mean much lolView attachment 290647
Here you go, just had to do a quick comb through of my browser history:

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice
The thing is though...if the Fortnite thing at TGA really is for Smash...they're not going to hype up a Fortnite Mii costume and that just be it.

The Game Awards can't get here quick enough to hopefully ease our worries.

EDIT: How did I bold the word hopefully lol
But that big Fortnite announcement at TGA doesn't necessarily have to be Smash.

Also we already know what happens every single time someone says "no comment" or that they would love to see their characters in Smash.

PicsArt_10-29-12.44.53.jpg
PicsArt_08-02-04.52.01.jpg

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
But that big Fortnite announcement at TGA doesn't necessarily have to be Smash.

Also we already know what happens every single time someone says "no comment" or that they would love to see their characters in Smash.

View attachment 290650View attachment 290651
Yeah, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind. Just is a little interesting to me. We'll see what happens.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fortnite? Really? Another guy getting in over Geno, this sucks.
I really doubt it and, no, Fortnite is not comparable to Minecraft. Despite being controversial, a good number of people actually wanted Steve and Nintendo made it a point to have big crossovers with Minecraft years before Steve joined Smash. A Mii costume seems likely at this point but let's not faceplant into doom posting over it.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Jonesy Mii with Waluigi sorry not sorry

The thing is though...if the Fortnite thing at TGA really is for Smash...they're not going to hype up a Fortnite Mii costume and that just be it.

The Game Awards can't get here quick enough to hopefully ease our worries.

EDIT: How did I bold the word hopefully lol
It's not.
If it was, they would be, once again, under NDA, and wouldn't even be allowed to imply they were trying to get something in Smash if it was a fighter, and they wouldn't be allowed to say when the reveal is, that's too much information from the third party if it was even relating to Smash.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I also believe this is another case of disconfirmed by too much information. And, like Fatman said, Fortnite is big but doesn't have the same appeal within Smash/Nintendo and factors that Minecraft had. Not to say that we couldn't end up with Fortnite character in Smash but it doesn't seem likely based on the information we have. I will definitely be done with this game if the next character does end up being a Fortnite character though.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I also believe this is another case of disconfirmed by too much information. And, like Fatman said, Fortnite is big but doesn't have the same appeal within Smash/Nintendo and factors that Minecraft had. Not to say that we couldn't end up with Fortnite character in Smash but it doesn't seem likely based on the information we have. I will definitely be done with this game if the next character does end up being a Fortnite character though.
I would be annoyed too, also due to how Nintendo is forgetting that video games existed outside of the 2010 decade time.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Lads, expect CP 8 reveal sometime around the first or second full week of November (not on the third because that's Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity week and I doubt Nintendo would steal its spotlight). Based on this year's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate North American Online Open Tournaments, a new character reveal have followed a few days after (as much as one or five days). The North American Online Open imo holds more weight than the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary one in December because within the former one can select any fighter. Also, Geno specifically (if he is CP 8) being revealed around November would give him the chance to participate in the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary one since according to the series icon his in-game spirit has, is a Mario character. It would truly feel like "everyone is finally here" for said December tournament. :denzel:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
TBH While I don't think we'll be getting a fighter, i could 100% see a Mii Costume or Spirit Event for Fortnite. Fighter I'm less positive on, especially after Steve how already does the whole building aspect.

Dacowboykid

Smash Rookie
To tbh I wouldn't mind Fortnite in smash, I don't like it but I don't hate it either, plus those taunts for a fighter must be legendary

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
To tbh I wouldn't mind Fortnite in smash, I don't like it but I don't hate it either, plus those taunts for a fighter must be legendary
I don't want Fortnite but I agree the BM would be frickin hilarious.

Anyway I don't think this is worth talking about much more. More than likely it'll just be a costume.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
TBH While I don't think we'll be getting a fighter, i could 100% see a Mii Costume or Spirit Event for Fortnite. Fighter I'm less positive on, especially after Steve how already does the whole building aspect.
Maybe it’s because I’ve never played a Fortnite game in my life, but it seems to me like Fortnite would be just like Steve? So, that’s a point in the deconfirm column.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Fortnite wreaks of a Game Awards Smash reveal too. So this Fighter’s Pass may be all “new games.” Arms, Minecraft and Fortnite.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I really doubt it and, no, Fortnite is not comparable to Minecraft. Despite being controversial, a good number of people actually wanted Steve and Nintendo made it a point to have big crossovers with Minecraft years before Steve joined Smash. A Mii costume seems likely at this point but let's not faceplant into doom posting over it.
Not to mention Fortnite wasn't even a blip on the radar at the time of the Smash ballot, and unlike Minecraft, none of the characters really stood out enough to get lots of demand, not even as a meme/joke pick

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think Fortnite existed during the Smash ballot lol. Fortnite in Smash would be hysterical. At least it would be a better addition than Byleth :4pacman:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I really doubt theres gonna be a theme with this fighters pass at all. For me it feels more like characters Sakurai couldn't get into fighters pass one either because of them not being out in time (Not counting Byleth who I am positive wasn't planned) or id\ssues with their development, or maybe even just not having enough slots

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I don’t think Fortnite existed during the Smash ballot lol. Fortnite in Smash would be hysterical. At least it would be a better addition than Byleth :4pacman:
Fortnite technically existed in some form all the way back in 2011, but it used to be a base building survival game.
NGL, as someone who was looking forward to what the game was originally going to be, it's kinda surreal seeing what it became instead.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Well I'll tell you what, if Fortnite is our next character, there's a picture of me under the phrase "buyer's remorse," in the dictionary. I guess that's what I get for buying the Fighter's Pass. Smh
Wait, so why is everyone thinking Fortnite is gonna happen now? I've been out of loop recently. Also, to your point.....uh, "buyer's remorse" would be an understatement for me. Honestly, to follow up Minecraft with Fortnite would absolutely obliterate my hopes for FP2. It would create an extremely powerful argument that Nintendo has flat out whored itself to the big money franchises and thrown Smash fandom's dreams to the wind. Not a good omen. Not at all.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, I think its possible we could get some type of Fortnite representation, but I highly doubt we're gonna get a Fortnite character. At most, I think we could get a Jonesy Mii Outfit, but that's all I can really see.

Btw, where is all this Fortnite talk coming from? Why is everyone fearing Fortnite is getting a rep anyways?

Reactions: QQS

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait, so why is everyone thinking Fortnite is gonna happen now? I've been out of loop recently. Also, to your point.....uh, "buyer's remorse" would be an understatement for me. Honestly, to follow up Minecraft with Fortnite would absolutely obliterate my hopes for FP2. It would create an extremely powerful argument that Nintendo has flat out whored itself to the big money franchises and thrown Smash fandom's dreams to the wind. Not a good omen. Not at all.
From what I can tell, the only reason is because someone involved in Fortnite said "no comment" when asked if there would be anything from the game in Smash Bros. Which could mean nothing, or it could be a situation like Suda 51 and No More Heroes where it's a Mii costume - it doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a playable character.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
A random leak and the guy in charge mentioning something big for the next season, the biggest thing Fortnite has gotten, even bigger than being a crossover of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Again, let's try to remain hopeful. To be honest, I doubt we would get 3 Western reps in the same pass. Minecraft and the rumors for Crash alone would be a headache, throwing Fortnite into the mix would probably be too much for the development team. I'm more confident that we'll see characters/content from Sqaure (all but guaranteed given that it's been 7 waves and the Geno costume and chocobo hat are still missing), Activision if the rumors are true, Capcom, Bandai Namco, or Koei Tecmo. Geno's in a very good spot right now, we need to hold out a while longer here. Some of you have waited for over 20 years, I've waited since at least 2007, we can wait a little longer

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
From what I can tell, the only reason is because someone involved in Fortnite said "no comment" when asked if there would be anything from the game in Smash Bros. Which could mean nothing, or it could be a situation like Suda 51 and No More Heroes where it's a Mii costume - it doesn't necessarily mean that there will be a playable character.
Oh....well, that's a relief. Doesn't sound too credible then.

A random leak and the guy in charge mentioning something big for the next season, the biggest thing Fortnite has gotten, even bigger than being a crossover of DC, Marvel, and Star Wars.
I'm sorry, Smash is big, but I have a hard time considering it as notable to the general public as having a crossover with DC, Marvel or Star Wars. Like, I've never seen Thanos in Smash before (excluding Galeem's knockoff Infinity Snap). Though I have to admit, I'm seriously curious what they think could be bigger than any of those.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, Smash is big, but I have a hard time considering it as notable to the general public as having a crossover with DC, Marvel or Star Wars. Like, I've never seen Thanos in Smash before (excluding Galeem's knockoff Infinity Snap). Though I have to admit, I'm seriously curious what they think could be bigger than any of those.
Pokemon skins?

Firox

Smash Master
Pokemon skins?
Something tells me Nintendo wouldn't be too comfortable with a bunch of people dressed up as Pikachu shooting each other to death. LOL
I guess they could take Blastoise's guns to a whole new level. And in a way, Pokemon Gun would become a real thing.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Am I the only one that would be horrified by the prospect of a building zoner character in Smash? If any character in the game could be considered rage-inducing, I think that one would take the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom