• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
This thread is wild.

Can you guys like... not start doomspelling every time some random game designer says "no comment" about something?
Fortnite getting/not getting into Smash doesn't really add or take anything away from Geno's chances. Chill.

PS Happy 3,500 pages of Genotime!

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
So, what kind of taunts do you guys think Geno will have?

EDIT: 3500 pages, guys!
-His Winning animating after a battle (crossing his arms).
-Him shooting little stars on top of him , before laughing.
-Geno look under his hat , and use an object from SMRPG. (Mushroom , kero kola , pick me up , rock candy , and so on) Accompanied by a "freebie !" sound effect.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Almost Halloween and then November! If we get Geno next month to join the Mario tournament alongside Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario, Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Daisy, and Piranha Plant...it'll be awesome. Hopefully Geno comes with Waluigi as a bonus character!

EDIT: If my wording was confusing, I meant Waluigi would be the bonus fighter, not Geno.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
he's in genossen
Ah, somebody else knows about Genossen, the super rarely seen cut of Ikkitousen but with Geno cameos. Geno + Ikkitousen = Genossen. It... uhh... aired like... one time in one country or something. Yeah, yeah that's it! Totally! Really happened I swear. Locked in a warehouse or something, yeah yeah, that's right. Never released on video, but it's totally real.

See, there he is, in a background cameo during a flashback.
Geno Cameo.jpg

He had another background cameo too. He's uh... looking around a tree or something? I'm not clear what they meant for him to be doing
Geno Cameo 2 j.jpg

Oh yeah, and very briefly in the third series he was seen during the karaoke scene. He either drank too much or got really tired of Koukin's derpy face and just couldn't with him. Very few people CAN with Koukin though, so he's forgiven.
Geno Cameo 3 j.jpg

Too bad this version isn't available, Funimation or otherwise. I guess it'll remain lost along with The Legend of Calamity Jane and the Super Smash Bros 64 live mascot suit wrestling match.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay hear me out.

What if Geno (the party member from 1996 video game Super Mario RPG (starring Nintendo mascot Mario) for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System) was to be included as an additional paid downloadable character for the 2018 Nintendo hit Super Smash Bros Ultimate (only for the Nintendo Switch) sometime during the next year?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
so we got Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo, and Most likely Geno who are the next 4 fan-favorite characters?
in term of brawl requests , at least Isaac and Krystal , with maybe Takamaru.
Edit : Dixie Kong too , she's a long lasting Nintendo request.

A lot of other characters are popular , but these ones cater to the older hardcore smash fans imo

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
so we got Ridley, King K Rool, Banjo, and Most likely Geno who are the next 4 fan-favorite characters?
Hard to say for sure, but if I had to choose, I feel that Isaac, Bandana Waddle Dee and Shantae are likely to stick around for next time.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
If we're going by oldest requests, I'd say most if not all of the pre-Melee ones are here.

Aside from Geno, for pre-Brawl you've got Isaac, Dixie, Krystal and Waluigi.

Waluigi's demand started small and continued to grow to where it is today, while Krystal's demand has unfortunately died down quite a bit.

Personally I wanted Waluigi in as soon as I saw Wario get in. I remember playing WarioWare for the first time and being confused when Waluigi was a no-show.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So, what kind of taunts do you guys think Geno will have?
Taunt 1: Geno nods at the camera while crossing his arms, referencing his victory animation from SMRPG.
Taunt 2: Geno pulls out some honey syrup from under his hat and eats some, refilling 5% of his health. This taunt can also be useful because when Geno takes some honey syrup, it also raises the chances of getting a critical hit.
Taunt 3: Geno turns in to a scarecrow, dances around a bit, and turns back to normal.

Also, happy 3500!

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say that a Fortnite character would lower any chances of anyone else (aside from taking a slot). Honestly Nintendo seemed to have more of a hand in picking DLC so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The biggest thing to focus on imo is Square Enix news. Cuz unless Square Enix randomly lets their costumes be packaged with a different company (which they never have been so far) Geno and Chocobo's costumes are still missing and likely will come in with the next Square Enix character. If there's rumors of like Sephiroth or something then yeah that'd likely be more of a time to worry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom