• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I've had a different take on things regarding Geno. I still think he has a good chance of showing up...just not anytime soon. I feel based on certain recurring patterns from Season 1 and Season 2 of Smash Ultimate's waiting period, there may be another character coming before the year is out, announced but not released. And Geno is unlikely to be the next reveal. Somehow, I think the Video Game Awards will have another reveal, to make a halfway point with this pass. Minecraft and Steve were shown to boost sales for the pass and I think the third pack will be another 'big' name or a name that'll be worthy of the awards and as a second pull towards people buying the pass if Steve didn't already entice them to do so. I won't say who, at least not in this thread but it's not going to be Geno...

...because somehow, I think Geno will be the second-to-last if not last character to be revealed assuming another entry in a certain SRPG doesn't show its ugly face in the next year or so. What better way to end the pass than on a very big never-ever like Geno? This means another year of speculation and being in the dark, but I think the wait will be worth it in the end. But for now, Geno's likely going to have to take a small backseat to the rest of the pass, but rest assured, the vindication of him being a playable fighter will negate all of the would-be anguish that came prior to. So hang tight, friends. Unless that mii costume comes back, it's very damning to say the least that they are saving it for another Square event or just saving it for whatever reason...or it could mean that the costume was retired and comes along the genuine article. Remember this?

I repeat myself from that same post way back, why did Geno and only Geno get a splash screen? To this day, he's the only costume that got this treatment and he even returned as a Spirit, but the costume is still AWOL. There was nothing stopping them from adding it in again in the base game unless they were going to either put it with another Square rep (Hero) or just add Geno altogether. The former didn't happen and there's still a chance another Square rep could pop up with the costume (and I always forget the Chocobo costume as well)...but why wait so long unless they just felt the need to and that would be rubbing salt in the would at this point or if Geno himself was in the works now as a full-fledged fighter?

The wait is long, but the taste of victory will be marvelous.

Also shout-out to the Leak That Shall Not Be Named. Two years ago, every character in that leak had their fans ecstatic and only two of those characters would make it to the big time. Let's hope at least another one will make it to the fray.
I also think Geno could be the last character. I know Smash has a trend of ending on lackluster characters (besides Bayonetta, revisionist history be damned). The common theory behind Smash’s lackluster ending reveals is that Nintendo wants to reveal the most hype characters during the “middle” to generate sales/interest. Though, I’d be surprised if they haven’t heard about the backlash behind the final reveals being lackluster.

Geno’s in an interesting spot. He’s heavily demanded by the Smash community, but most people outside of that won’t know who he is. Basically everyone who wants him in Smash, already owns Ultimate. So if he gets in, they could easily save him for last to make the hardcore fans happy but not save a huge selling point like Steve & Crash/Master Chief/Monster Hunter/whoever the hell for last.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Geno being last has never made sense to me. I just don't see him being the kind of character they purposely save for last, and being honest the only character I think they would intentionally save specifically to be the FINAL character is Waluigi, and it's become increasingly obvious with time they don't really care if they end on a whimper or not.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So..........it's truly been 2 years. It feels like Yesterday, yet it feels so long ago.

I remember the great civil war of the Grinch Hoax of 2018. I remember it, it left scars of war that will never leave. The blood, the destrucion, and the chaos that ensued among the entire internet is legendary among people.

We will never forget those who we lost, and the sacrifices we made.

(i know putting this image in the Geno thread is weird but you get the joke)
I don’t care what anyone says, out of all the characters who didn’t make it in Ultimate(not just the Grinch Leak, but in general), Isaac got done dirty the most. Dude looked like he literally had EVERYTHING: missing Assist, lots of fan support since Brawl, Rathalos pic(lol), Golden Sun trademarks, Grinch leak AND that damn item leak that looked a lot like the Growth Psynergy, it looked like Isaac was all but guaranteed to be in, only for that to be the exact opposite. I may not have strongly wanted him, but I still feel horrible for the fans and I really hope he gets his chance in Smash 6.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Geno being last has never made sense to me. I just don't see him being the kind of character they purposely save for last, and being honest the only character I think they would intentionally save specifically to be the FINAL character is Waluigi, and it's become increasingly obvious with time they don't really care if they end on a whimper or not.
Well, Smash has never ended a high note given the past titles:

Smash 64: :ness64:

Melee: :gawmelee:

Brawl: :wolf:

Smash 4: :4bayonetta:

While these characters are beloved now, they're certainly were not hype inducing for most people at the time and they're not big icons either. Geno is popular, but he isn't iconic. I could see Ultimate's roster ending with him.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, do y'all think we're getting a Partner's Showcase next week? We probably will, but I'm still wondering why they didn't say to look out for more showcases in September's showcase. If there's not one next week, then things are gonna be interesting.
If we're getting one this month, it's likely next week, possibly as early as Monday.

I just hope that it'll be as good as the previous one back in September.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean, they said "more videos in this series will be released this year" in the last partner showcase, so I'd be shocked if they don't continue the streak of one a month, especially when games such as Bravely Default 2, Doom Eternal, and the No More Heroes switch port are unaccounted for.

In fact, keeping this in mind, let's try and hypothesize what exactly Nintendo is doing right now.

• I still think things point away from a major Direct in 2020. The fact Nintendo is STILL keeping up stand-alone announcements like Shadow Dragon getting localized, along with at least one (likely multiple) Partner Showcases still remaining for the year makes me lean away from anything super major in the next month or so.
  • "But 2021 is still barren!" Is it really? Well, yea, but not to the point Nintendo needs to be panicking or anything. 3D World is enough to cover February on it's own, Bravely Default 2 likely only got moved a few months into 2021, April-May at the latest, Monster Hunter Rise is a HUGE get for them (World sold 15 million not even counting Iceborne), and Pokemon Snap is first half of the year most likely. And Nintendo generally has a slower first-half anyway. Not to mention, there's nothing stopping them from randomly dropping smaller titles on Twitter anytime like they did for Fire Emblem or Kirby, or announcing something major at the Game Awards.
  • "Well, what about the Switch Pro?" The inevitable hardware revision seems to be coming sooner rather than later, but let's think about this from Nintendo's perspective. If the Switch Pro is launching in Spring/Summer 2021, what EXACTLY does Nintendo gain by announcing it this year? The Switch has been a runaway success and been selling better than the competition without a single pricedrop for several years now. All announcing a Switch Pro will do is cannibalize whatever their current plans for the Switch this year to keep it's momentum against the Next-Gen consoles, whether that be price-drops, bundles, ect. Then once 2021 comes around they can announce the Pro to maintain steam once the Next-Gen consoles really start picking up.
So...yeah, I really don't think Nintendo has any other major announcements for 2020 aside from potentially a few more standalone things for early 2021. I really think they are saving the big-guns for the Switch Pro.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I'm mixed on the Switch Pro. It might be real, but it might not be. Don't get me wrong, I would love a revision that can (hopefully) run Breath of the Wild at native 1080p and with less pop-in, but I don't know if Nintendo cares about powerful consoles anymore. The last time power was a focus was the GameCube, and we know its fate.

The only thing that matters about a Switch Pro is that we need a Super Mario RPG-themed Switch Pro LOL. Make it happen, Nintendo (and Square Enix).

Griselda

Smash Lord
I don’t care what anyone says, out of all the characters who didn’t make it in Ultimate(not just the Grinch Leak, but in general), Isaac got done dirty the most. Dude looked like he literally had EVERYTHING: missing Assist, lots of fan support since Brawl, Rathalos pic(lol), Golden Sun trademarks, Grinch leak AND that damn item leak that looked a lot like the Growth Psynergy, it looked like Isaac was all but guaranteed to be in, only for that to be the exact opposite. I may not have strongly wanted him, but I still feel horrible for the fans and I really hope he gets his chance in Smash 6.
The same for Shadow, honestly. A very popular Sonic character? "He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!" Then they introduced Echoes, and in many of his appearances (most notably his first) Shadow's played almost identically to Sonic, so it'd be a perfect fit. And in Smash he's already been very prominent for an AT, needing to be unlocked in Brawl and appearing alongside Sonic in Sm4sh's opening.

Finally, his AT's apparent absence in the lead up to Ultimate combined with Knuckles suddenly appearing as one looked very much like Knuckles was 'replacing' him as the Sonic series' AT rep, like they suddenly had a gap to fill caused by a promotion. ...Then they waited until the last possible moment and then dropped the AT back on us.

That's one of the reasons I like it when people make Geno inclusion scenarios that involve him bringing Shadow, Isaac. etc with him in his presentation, even if just as Echoes. There are wishes that still need to be granted, and if anyone's gonna do it it should be Geno.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

While these characters are beloved now, they're certainly were not hype inducing for most people at the time and they're not big icons either. Geno is popular, but he isn't iconic. I could see Ultimate's roster ending with him.
Well, I'd argue that Bayonetta was a high note if we consider she truly WAS the ballot winner, and I actually think Wolf was a huge request back in the day. However, you do make a good point that Smash games don't usually end on the best of notes. Duck Hunt was the last base roster inclusion and a lot of people were disappointed over that [Even though I myself found the inclusion funny, and Duck Hunt became one of my mains in Sm4sh], Incineroar ended Ultimate's base game, and Byleth ended Fighters Pass 1.

Honestly though, I feel like Ultimate HAS to end on a high note. If this truly is the Ultimate Smash game, I feel Sakurai and his team really needs to go all out with the final character.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm mixed on the Switch Pro. It might be real, but it might not be. Don't get me wrong, I would love a revision that can (hopefully) run Breath of the Wild at native 1080p and with less pop-in, but I don't know if Nintendo cares about powerful consoles anymore. The last time power was a focus was the GameCube, and we know its fate.

The only thing that matters about a Switch Pro is that we need a Super Mario RPG-themed Switch Pro LOL. Make it happen, Nintendo (and Square Enix).
I have 0 doubts Nintendo has a major hardware revision planned, given both the DS and 3DS got major revisions around 4 years into their run, multiple datamines have pointed to it, Nintendo has reportedly told third-parties to make games 4K ready, basically every journalist and credible insider under the sun has said a major hardware revision is coming, and Nintendo has to keep up with next-gen atleast somewhat to keep third-party support.

The real question is how big of an upgrade the Switch Pro will actually be, which still seems up in the air.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
With the last week of October coming up, we'll see if indeed there will be a Partner Showcase for the month. Outside of that, with the lingering mystery over the release dates of certain titles, it got me thinking that perhaps the reason to this silence is that each Company is working extremely focused with completing the game and having it ready for launch before 2020 is over (while others perhaps being ready for a Q1 2021 release). Two of the games that I'm feeling like they could have kept their release dates undisclosed until the game is practically done are Bravely Default II, and DOOM Eternal (Switch ver.). Sure, they may end up being 2021 releases, but what if they do in fact release this year?

This year, from around the month of May and onward we've gotten quite a number of surprise announcements and releases from Nintendo. Games that some had been rumored to have been in the works and ready for release this year, but without any official word about it.
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King = first revealed on May 14th; released on July 17th.
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe = first announced on August 5th; releases next week on October 30th.
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars = first announced on September 3rd; released on September 18th.
  • Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit = first announced on September 3rd; released on October 16th.
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity = first announced on September 8th; releases on November 20th.
  • Kirby Fighters 2 = albeit leaked a day prior I believe; it was revealed and released on September 23rd.
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light = announced on October 22nd; to be released on December 4th.
Sure, these have all been Nintendo IPs that got surprisingly sudden announcements, with a rather imminent release window, but there have also been third party titles that were also announced a few months of its release (approx. 3 months or less).
  • Mr. DRILLER DrillLand = first revealed on March 30th; released on June 25th.
  • HADES = first announced on August 18th; released on September 17th.
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - Complete Edition = first announced on September 10th; set to release Holiday 2020
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Switch ver.) = announced and released on September 17th.
Again, I'm not saying that we might be getting Bravely Default II, and DOOM Eternal (Switch ver.) within 2020, but that there might be the possibility.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I have 0 doubts Nintendo has a major hardware revision planned, given both the DS and 3DS got major revisions around 4 years into their run, multiple datamines have pointed to it, Nintendo has reportedly told third-parties to make games 4K ready, basically every journalist and credible insider under the sun has said a major hardware revision is coming, and Nintendo has to keep up with next-gen atleast somewhat to keep third-party support.

The real question is how big of an upgrade the Switch Pro will actually be, which still seems up in the air.
Yeah, there is a lot of evidence. I'm just remaining cautiously optimistic. I don't want to get all hyped up over it and then be disappointed. I do think that a Switch revision would allow for ninth gen games to come over (if we're being honest, some games on ninth gen platforms are making the jump to Switch too, like Balan Wonderworld). If it happens, I'm pretty confident in a March 26th launch alongside Monster Hunter Rise, Breath of the Wild 2, New Pokémon Snap, Bravely Default 2 (since it is inevitably getting delayed), and maybe Donkey Kong Country and No More Heroes III.

EDIT: Could third parties happening to make their games 4K-ready be what is holding up and delaying third-party games like Doom Eternal, Bravely Default 2, and No More Heroes III?

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Don’t expect next switch revision until late summer like august or september. They are increasing switch production to +30 millions consoles this FY, that doesn’t mean they will shipped all of them. They expect a strong demand for early FY 2021-22 (that will probably happen with the launch of MH Rise).

But expect a very strong software output from Nintendo, they have very good number of rumored/probable titles from their studios (counting collaborations using their own IPs): Super Mario 3D World DX, New Pokemon Snap, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon Spin-Off, Metroid 2D, Zelda BOTW2 (+35th anniversary products), Pokémon Gen 4 Remake, Next Kirby, Mario Sports, Golden Sun Remake, Next Monolith Soft title, Next Mario Kart Team title, Next Mario 3D title, Style Saavy 5, Wario Ware.

Also, if the next switch revision if more powerful, they will need to release an updated SKU to third party publishers, like 4 months before the release of the revision. So, we can expect a few leaks regarding specs and that technical stuff.

D

Deleted member

reminder that Wolf was a popular fan pick during the Brawl speculation days due to his inclusion in the Melee opening and the interesting thought of a "bad guy" rep for Star Fox. After Bowser and Ganondorf, a lot of us really expected a leap of bad guy reps in Brawl and beyond (a big factor in me being a Masked Man supporter back in the day), one of the sources of an early push for K. Rool. Wolf was well received and any sour feelings associated with him now are conflated with the inclusion of Toon Link and ROB being some of the last new characters we found out about alongside Wolf.

Honestly, looking back, Brawl pleased and pleased and pleased some more. Shame it played poorly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero

Watched this, watched all of it and I guess I have a question for Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

Are you sure its Master Cheif and not DoomGuy?

As from watching its DoomGuy carries more historical girth than most game characters in Smash right now.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Screw people who weren't hyped for Game and Watch 😤

Oh and also, Sonic is definitely the 3rd party series that needs a second rep. How have we come three games thus far without a playable Tails, Eggman, or Shadow???

"The same for Shadow, honestly. A very popular Sonic character? "He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!" Then they introduced Echoes, and in many of his appearances (most notably his first) Shadow's played almost identically to Sonic, so it'd be a perfect fit. And in Smash he's already been very prominent for an AT, needing to be unlocked in Brawl and appearing alongside Sonic in Sm4sh's opening.

Finally, his AT's apparent absence in the lead up to Ultimate combined with Knuckles suddenly appearing as one looked very much like Knuckles was 'replacing' him as the Sonic series' AT rep, like they suddenly had a gap to fill caused by a promotion. ...Then they waited until the last possible moment and then dropped the AT back on us.

That's one of the reasons I like it when people make Geno inclusion scenarios that involve him bringing Shadow, Isaac. etc with him in his presentation, even if just as Echoes. There are wishes that still need to be granted, and if anyone's gonna do it it should be Geno."

Last edited:

a random user

Smash Journeyman
now that i think about it, nintiendo has been announcing games 2 month in advance for a while now, so far the upcoming months are
October- pikmin 3 deluxe
November- hyrule warriors 2
December shadow dragon and the blade of light
January- ?
February- mario 3d world+ bowsers fury

january is the only one unaccounted for, so there is room for a possible game announcement next month for January, if they keep the 2 months notice going

Griselda

Smash Lord
Screw people who weren't hyped for Game and Watch 😤

Oh and also, Sonic is definitely the 3rd party series that needs a second rep. How have we come three games thus far without a playable Tails, Eggman, or Shadow???

"The same for Shadow, honestly. A very popular Sonic character? "He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!" Then they introduced Echoes, and in many of his appearances (most notably his first) Shadow's played almost identically to Sonic, so it'd be a perfect fit. And in Smash he's already been very prominent for an AT, needing to be unlocked in Brawl and appearing alongside Sonic in Sm4sh's opening.

That's one of the reasons I like it when people make Geno inclusion scenarios that involve him bringing Shadow, Isaac. etc with him in his presentation, even if just as Echoes. There are wishes that still need to be granted, and if anyone's gonna do it it should be Geno."
The fact that Sonic's been in more Smash games than he hasn't (which is a weird phrase but you know what I mean?) still makes me stop and think about it, sometimes.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Following up with missing release dates, in regards to Bravely Default II, I'd like to bring up these two articles.

https://screenrant.com/bravely-default-2-release-leak-switch-rating/

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ore_information_about_bravely_default_ii_soon

The first article mentions that Bravely Default II might be releasing soon due to the game having been rated in Australia. The second article (being much more recent) refers to the tweet the official Bravely Default twitter account posted not long ago about more news for the game coming soon. We're coming up on the last week of October, and there's still the possibility that Partner Showcases might continue for the remainder of the year. If so, perhaps that will be the moment when Square Enix has their slot announcing the release date for the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I actually think Wolf was a huge request back in the day.
reminder that Wolf was a popular fan pick during the Brawl speculation days due to his inclusion in the Melee opening and the interesting thought of a "bad guy" rep for Star Fox. After Bowser and Ganondorf, a lot of us really expected a leap of bad guy reps in Brawl and beyond (a big factor in me being a Masked Man supporter back in the day), one of the sources of an early push for K. Rool. Wolf was well received and any sour feelings associated with him now are conflated with the inclusion of Toon Link and ROB being some of the last new characters we found out about alongside Wolf.

Honestly, looking back, Brawl pleased and pleased and pleased some more. Shame it played poorly.
He was on the Smash Dojo according to Sakurai:

I think Krystal was more popular back then than Wolf or even K. Rool as she got more requests than them on the Brawl poll:

Reason Wolf was chosen over her or other popular characters was because of time constraints and Wolf having a similar build to Fox and Falco so it was fast to make a semi-clone out of him.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
He was on the Smash Dojo according to Sakurai:

I think Krystal was more popular back then than Wolf or even K. Rool as as got more requests than them on the Brawl poll:

Reason Wolf was chosen over her or other popular characters was because of time constraints and Wolf having a similar build to Fox and Falco so it was fast to make a semi-clone out of him.
Wolf was still heavily requested though. [Besides, I can't really remember people really complaining over Wolf's inclusion. He was so popular that people requested for him to RETURN to Smash 4].

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wolf was still heavily requested though. [Besides, I can't really remember people really complaining over Wolf's inclusion. He was so popular that people requested for him to RETURN to Smash 4].
True. But some fans were not happy about his inclusion at the time due to him being a semi-clone of Fox and being Brawl's last newcomer.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I am beggining to believe that Geno will be the last one. It would have made sense to be the 7th one, but so far, next one is either Crash or some nintendo character. I don´t think geno will be next. I would bet 3 10 digital codes on it.

The same for Shadow, honestly. A very popular Sonic character? "He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon!" Then they introduced Echoes, and in many of his appearances (most notably his first) Shadow's played almost identically to Sonic, so it'd be a perfect fit. And in Smash he's already been very prominent for an AT, needing to be unlocked in Brawl and appearing alongside Sonic in Sm4sh's opening.

That's one of the reasons I like it when people make Geno inclusion scenarios that involve him bringing Shadow, Isaac. etc with him in his presentation, even if just as Echoes. There are wishes that still need to be granted, and if anyone's gonna do it it should be Geno.
OOF. Isaac ,bomberman and shadow got done dirty on that last before release presentation. But isaac is still the most hurtful ¨Nintendo says who?¨ assist trophy. Add travis to the list now.
PSA:
Hey guys, had a cov19 scare this week, coming here to tell you to shut in for the following weeks, NEVER TAKE OFF YOUR MASK with people who don´t live with you and bring your small alcohol or germ gel killing bottle.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I am beggining to believe that Geno will be the last one. It would have made sense to be the 7th one, but so far, next one is either Crash or some nintendo character. I don´t think geno will be next. I would bet 3 10 digital codes on it.

OOF. Isaac ,bomberman and shadow got done dirty on that last before release presentation. But isaac is still the most hurtful ¨Nintendo says who?¨ assist trophy. Add travis to the list now.
PSA:
Hey guys, had a cov19 scare this week, coming here to tell you to shut in for the following weeks, NEVER TAKE OFF YOUR MASK with people who don´t live with you and bring your small alcohol or germ gel killing bottle.
Yeah, have my doubts on Geno being next. Anyway, I hope you everyone here stay safe and well! Definitely very harsh times we are living in, but things will hopefully get better soon.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well the idea is to have more Mario RPG representation. Beggars can’t be choosers. If the costume is a step up from WiiU, it’s not what I “wanted” but I’ll take it. Of course hi fives all around if Geno is playable.

But I think the character who many are sleeping on is Shantae. She ranked higher than Geno on that global poll of Smash that Fatmanonice put up. And that’s fine, just as long as she doesn’t take the spot from Geno.
what poll?

D

Deleted member

Well the idea is to have more Mario RPG representation. Beggars can’t be choosers. If the costume is a step up from WiiU, it’s not what I “wanted” but I’ll take it. Of course hi fives all around if Geno is playable.

But I think the character who many are sleeping on is Shantae. She ranked higher than Geno on that global poll of Smash that Fatmanonice put up. And that’s fine, just as long as she doesn’t take the spot from Geno.
I think I saw Magnemite on that poll...

Firox

Smash Master
Agreed. Considering Subspace Emissary and all the other new modes it brought with it, I'd have to say that that game had more fanservice than any other Smash game, save only MAYBE the "everyone is here" roster of Ultimate. Brawl's only major Achilles Heel was the fact that it was the least competitive and slowest of them all. (Curse the trip feature, may it burn in Hell where it belongs.)

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I’ve been taking a look at Goemon lately, and I bought his costume this morning and made my own. I’ve never played any of his games but I was watching the N64 game he has on YouTube. He looks cool! He plays great. Him and Bomberman have been tearing it up. I used Sazuka Castle for the stage. I’m gonna make Issac next when I come across his gear in the vault. I put Geno in the keyword and I don’t think anyone is even remotely close to capturing Geno as a Mii. They’re all pretty terrible IMO. We need Geno to be next. Hopefully as a fighter I mean.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Agreed. Considering Subspace Emissary and all the other new modes it brought with it, I'd have to say that that game had more fanservice than any other Smash game, save only MAYBE the "everyone is here" roster of Ultimate. Brawl's only major Achilles Heel was the fact that it was the least competitive and slowest of them all. (Curse the trip feature, may it burn in Hell where it belongs.)
Tbh , tripping was dumb , but the real reason Brawl wasn't very fun competitively is the overall lack of hitstun. Combos are extremely rare in this game , so most top tiers either have god tier neutral game (:olimar: :snake: :metaknight: :diddy: ) or had something like chain grabs (:popo::dedede:).
While neutral can be fun , this game push it to the extreme.

------

I'm seeing quite a lot of people thinking Geno would be last , and it surprise me. While I understand the reasonning , I still strongly believe that him being FP8 make more sense.

After all , I'm sure that they must have followed a similar mindset to FP1 when it come to selecting characters for FP2 ; choosing many different type of characters for different audiences. (:ulthero3: for Japan and as a big gaming name , :ultbanjokazooie: for the West and hardcore smash fans , ect...)Not all characters have to break the internet , it's better for them to cover a wider audience , and I already see that with our current fighter pass:
-:ultminmin as the complete surprise , just like how nobody could see Joker. She also represent a recent Nintendo game , she's more oriented toward ARMS fan and people who got back into gaming with the Switch imo.
-While Steve is the pure break the internet general gaming crowd kind of character. He's easily an icon , and he covered the more general gaming crowd.

With that in mind , I'm confident that Nintendo must have once again , chose 1 or maybe 2 pure hardcore smash fan characters. It paid off for :ultbanjokazooie: , remember how absolutely insane his reception was at E3 ? Nintendo themselves were surprised with how much love the reveal got.
So , I'm pretty confident that when they chosed the characters for FP2 , they thought about a new double reveal for E3 2020. Of course , COVID happened , and E3 was cancelled as well , due to that , Min Min was heavily delayed.
However , it wouldn't change the fact that they may have chose the characters with that mindset.

After all , Steve starting out E3 as the big icon à la hero , and ending on a pure impossible smash fan pick doesn't sound too far fetched , it heavily paid off for Nintendo before.
I also think people here are under-selling the impact Geno would have on the fighter pack ; His inclusion alone would convince a lot of die hard fans to buy the pass , just like how :ultbanjokazooie: did.

Tl;dr : I think Geno is more likely for FP8 due to the parallel with E3 2019 and especially Banjo's impact on FP1 , as the third character in the pass.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I really do think Geno will be the Banjo of this Pass and I have been kinda noticing a pattern with these DLC's.

The pattern is that they seem to be retreading the pattern from the last Fighters Pass over to Fighters Pass 2. Basically, I consider Min Min to be the Joker of this Pass. I know Min Min didn't really break the internet at all compared to Joker, but they both represent "new games" and I think that may be what Nintendo is going for. Steve is quite obviously the Hero of this Fighters Pass, as both characters represent heavily popular and trendy games. With this in mind, I feel this really suggests that our next character will finally be that big fan favorite, aka the "Banjo" pick, and I can't really see this character being anyone else rather than Geno. Geno is essentially the last character from the Brawl era to be such a heavily requested character just like Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie so it really feels like Geno is next in line, and I think this pattern could greatly improve his chances of not just being in the Pass, but being the very next character to get revealed.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I really do think Geno will be the Banjo of this Pass and I have been kinda noticing a pattern with these DLC's.

The pattern is that they seem to be retreading the pattern from the last Fighters Pass over to Fighters Pass 2. Basically, I consider Min Min to be the Joker of this Pass. I know Min Min didn't really break the internet at all compared to Joker, but they both represent "new games" and I think that may be what Nintendo is going for. Steve is quite obviously the Hero of this Fighters Pass, as both characters represent heavily popular and trendy games. With this in mind, I feel this really suggests that our next character will finally be that big fan favorite, aka the "Banjo" pick, and I can't really see this character being anyone else rather than Geno. Geno is essentially the last character from the Brawl era to be such a heavily requested character just like Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie so it really feels like Geno is next in line, and I think this pattern could greatly improve his chances of not just being in the Pass, but being the very next character to get revealed.
At most , I could see Isaac... But he doesn't "feel" as impossible as Geno. He's fully owned by Nintendo , and could still tie in with the rumored GS/GS TLA remasters.

And to add on top of what you're saying , Banjo had a lot of "things" going for him pilling up , but nothing conclusive. Sound familiar ?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

I hear no difference.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I’ve been taking a look at Goemon lately, and I bought his costume this morning and made my own. I’ve never played any of his games but I was watching the N64 game he has on YouTube. He looks cool! He plays great. Him and Bomberman have been tearing it up. I used Sazuka Castle for the stage. I’m gonna make Issac next when I come across his gear in the vault. I put Geno in the keyword and I don’t think anyone is even remotely close to capturing Geno as a Mii. They’re all pretty terrible IMO. We need Geno to be next. Hopefully as a fighter I mean.
You should check out the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja games when you have the chance. There are 2 N64 Goemon games Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon/Ganbare Goemon 5 and Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6. It's an amazing series and my all time favorite if you didn't notice from my avatar.

We only got 4 Goemon games released in the west:

Ganbare Goemon 1/The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)

Ganbare Goemon 5/Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (N64)

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (GB)

Ganbare Goemon 6/Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

All amazing games except the Game Boy game which sucks. There is over 30 Goemon games in Japan that never left the land of the rising sun and we only got these 4 ganes in the west.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
You should check out the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja games when you have the chance. There are 2 N64 Goemon games Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon/Ganbare Goemon 5 and Goemon's Great Adventure/Ganbare Goemon 6. It's an amazing series and my all time favorite if you didn't notice from my avatar.

We only got 4 Goemon games released in the west:

Ganbare Goemon 1/The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)

Ganbare Goemon 5/Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (N64)

Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon (GB)

Ganbare Goemon 6/Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

All amazing games except the Game Boy game which sucks. There is over 30 Goemon games in Japan that never left the land of the rising sun and we only got these 4 ganes in the west.
He looks pretty cool. What’s better the SNES or N64 ones?

QQS

Smash Lord
39D4F4C5-FFF0-42FF-B379-78EADAFA3CCB.jpeg
28E89452-52ED-4AA9-B97A-D5FFEA30B93B.jpeg

Saw it on: NarwhalsWooooo on Twitter.

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD AND LET GENO BE OUR NEXT DLC CHARACTER WHEN HE AWAKENS AND DESCENDS FROM THE STARS TO LAND INTO THE ULTIMATE WORLD TO SMASH!

Have a nice day people. Geno is a 100% guaranteed Full Playable Fighter, never forget this sentence cause this is happening.

From the Stars...⭐
To the Forest...🌳
To Smash...💥
...After 25 years.

1996-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom