• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Food for thought:

-Rosalina was a December reveal. Super Mario 3D World was a November release.

-Cloud was a November reveal and December release. The first true trailer for the FF VII Remake was that December as well.

-Joker was specifically chosen for the 2018 VGAs for because Persona 5 was nominated for a good number of awards the year before.

-Byleth was supposed to be a December reveal. Given Three Houses success at the 2019 VGAs, it was probably supposed to be there but Nintendo pulled out for some reason. Award show winners are typically informed weeks in advance so Nintendo likely knew how many awards Three Houses would win.

-Our next Amiibo waves are November, February, and March. Amiibo Theory is currently 8 for 8 and suggests the next release is November.

-Up until this year, reveals and releases have rarely been in the same month. Byleth was supposed to be a December announcement/January release, Min Min was supposed to be a March announcement/April release, and Steve was supposed to be a June announcement/probably July release. The upcoming Amiibo waves suggest that this pattern of at least month gaps between reveals and reveals will probably return soon. (November, February, and March/early April). The question remains now if things will go back to "normal" with 8 or 9? Amiibo Theory suggests 9.

-Following the previous point, this currently suggests 8 is an early November release because of the average 12 day gaps between Amiibo waves and character releases (the last Amiibo wave was coincidentally October 2nd with Steve releasing on October 13th). The next Amiibo wave is November 20th.

- The gaps between Byleth, Min Min, and Steve's reveals and releases were 12 days, 7 days, and 12 days respectively. Were this to continue, it suggests 8 being announced in the second to last week or last week of October.
I don't really agree with the idea of trying to back amiibo theory with non-Smash amiibo releases? Going off that logic character 9 will be out in February and 10 in March/Early April. That... doesn't really line up with we've been seeing happen, does it?

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
And Waluigi would be a competition. Not counting Dixie Kong, anyone else out there that could compete with Geno for a reveal? I know Geno has the Mario symbol in Ultimate, but I am just curious here.
Anyone in the Mario series. Not anyone who is considered as being in a different series, such as Yoshi and Wario.
So, it's just Paper Mario and King Boo, basically.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't really agree with the idea of trying to back amiibo theory with non-Smash amiibo releases? Going off that logic character 9 will be out in February and 10 in March/Early April. That... doesn't really line up with we've been seeing happen, is it?
Yes it does. Corrin, Bayo, and Plant were February releases, Byleth was a late January release, Mewtwo and Joker were April releases and Min Min was originally supposed to be an April release. 9 releasing in February and 10 in April would actually follow past precedent to a T.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Yes it does. Corrin, Bayo, and Plant were February releases, Byleth was a late January release, Mewtwo and Joker were April releases and Min Min was originally supposed to be an April release. 9 releasing in February and 10 in April would actually follow past precedent to a T.
That's fair but with how spread out all the releases this year have been I'm just not expecting them to suddenly drop 8 less than a month after Steve. It just doesn't sound right with how Nintendo is doing things lately. I feel like it makes more sense for 8 to be January, 9 to be Spring, and 10/11 to be the E3 headliners next year.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
That's fair but with how spread out all the releases this year have been I'm just not expecting them to suddenly drop 8 less than a month after Steve. It just doesn't sound right with how Nintendo is doing things lately. I feel like it makes more sense for 8 to be January, 9 to be Spring, and 10/11 to be the E3 headliners next year.
Yeah I agree with this. Like I said, it's good people are optimistic and all but if people actually think November is a plausible date for the next character then you are probably being too optimistic (I'm not even gonna try to point out October since I'm sure we all know that's not happening). At this rate, 8 for this year at all is a stretch but a month after Steve has launched and after all the other timing stuff which suggest this year is a stretch? Idk November really seems like an impossibility more than anything. I'm just surprised how many people are thinking it's plausible tbh and I've even seen some say likely or flat out a shoe in. Not necessarily contained to this site but in general I'm confused at the sheer quantity.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
About the leaks, I say that’s what Nintendo gets for being silent for so long!
Ah yes, the entitled Smash fan approach.

'I didnt get what I wanted when I wanted it, so Nintendo deserves anything bad that happens to them.'

Shut the hell up with that garbage.

Mod Edit: This post and a later post was warned for flaming and overly aggressive language.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah yes, the entitled Smash fan approach.

'I didnt get what I wanted when I wanted it, so Nintendo deserves anything bad that happens to them.'

Shut the hell up with that garbage.
Don't tell CannonStreak CannonStreak to shut the hell up. It's not like he was saying he wish Nintendo would all die or anything.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
This warning includes this post and an earlier post for due to flaming and aggressive language.
Yeah! ForsakenM ForsakenM Not only do you not know me that well and thus are rather making an assumption about me even with not knowing me, but that was rather uncalled for.
Nah, there was nothing wrong with it.

This thread pushes this narrative frequently, and so does the Smash community and Nintendo community at large, and I've had enough of seeing it in my neck of the woods here in this thread.

Do you want to know why Nintendo fans are called entitled by most other gamer groups? It's because of what you just said right there, and ACTUALLY meaning it.

Did you know that the majority of fans of other publishers are patient and go about their lives, enjoying announcements when they get them? Did you know that Nintendo was much more open about their upcoming content WAY before any of their major competitors for YEARS? And yet, when Nintendo has a rough year just like everyone else, because you had to wait a couple months longer than normal Nintendo just DESERVES to have bad things happen to them?

You cannot justify that. That is called being entitled and spoiled, and it's extremely childish.

For those of you here who think this way, let me open your minds a bit. Have you ever planned something in advance and then had to reschedule and it ended up being much more difficult to reschedule it than when you initially set the date the first time? Pain in the ass, right?

Now imagine Nintendo having to go through that for multiple projects all of a sudden. Now, if people started saying they hope your event flops hard just because you were taking so long to set it up again while you were doing your best, that would make you feel like crap, right? Nintendo may be a company instead of one person, but it's run by people who have to make sudden and hard decisions and try to get things back into an orderly fashion, and just because they can't to it to YOUR preferences doesn't mean they didn't do their best and that their big reveals should be spoiled.

Few of you, if any of you, have any idea what it's like to reschedule something that massive when there was a point in which there was no easy target date to move to. Remember, THE WORLD KINDA STOPPED for a good chunk of time, and you don't just magically fix everything after that. I guarantee you that the reason we got 1st Party shadow drops and 3rd Party Showcases is because the 3rd Party stuff was outside Nintendo's control and was going to happen when it would happen, so the companies involved would get that information to Nintendo in advance and they could whip up presentations well in advance. However, Nintendo was still adjusting dates for their own content, and since everything was in the air for a while the decided against large presentations for their own IPs outside of the Mario Anniversary which already had so much planned ahead of time and to play it by ear as best as they could up until they start to catch up to their original schedule.

If you wouldn't wish ill will on a family member because they promised to get you something but wanted it to be a surprise and it took them much longer than they planned to make it happen, back off of Nintendo because it's run by people.

Crimney sake, I'm the one with the Bergs and somehow I have more empathy than your average Nintendo fan.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Food for thought:

-Rosalina was a December reveal. Super Mario 3D World was a November release.

-Cloud was a November reveal and December release. The first true trailer for the FF VII Remake was that December as well.

-Joker was specifically chosen for the 2018 VGAs for because Persona 5 was nominated for a good number of awards the year before.

-Byleth was supposed to be a December reveal. Given Three Houses success at the 2019 VGAs, it was probably supposed to be there but Nintendo pulled out for some reason. Award show winners are typically informed weeks in advance so Nintendo likely knew how many awards Three Houses would win.

-Our next Amiibo waves are November, February, and March. Amiibo Theory is currently 8 for 8 and suggests the next release is November.

-Up until this year, reveals and releases have rarely been in the same month. Byleth was supposed to be a December announcement/January release, Min Min was supposed to be a March announcement/April release, and Steve was supposed to be a June announcement/probably July release. The upcoming Amiibo waves suggest that this pattern of at least month gaps between reveals and releases will probably return soon. (November, February, and March/early April). The question remains now if things will go back to "normal" with 8 or 9? Amiibo Theory suggests 9.

-Following the previous point, this currently suggests 8 is an early November release because of the average 12 day gaps between Amiibo waves and character releases (the last Amiibo wave was coincidentally October 2nd with Steve releasing on October 13th). The next Amiibo wave is November 20th.

- The gaps between Byleth, Min Min, and Steve's reveals and releases were 12 days, 7 days, and 12 days respectively. Were this to continue, it suggests 8 being announced in the second to last week or last week of October.
Plus, Banjo and Terry were roughly 2 months apart in regards to release dates, so there is precedent that DLC can release 2 months or so apart.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Nah, there was nothing wrong with it.

This thread pushes this narrative frequently, and so does the Smash community and Nintendo community at large, and I've had enough of seeing it in my neck of the woods here in this thread.

Do you want to know why Nintendo fans are called entitled by most other gamer groups? It's because of what you just said right there, and ACTUALLY meaning it.

Did you know that the majority of fans of other publishers are patient and go about their lives, enjoying announcements when they get them? Did you know that Nintendo was much more open about their upcoming content WAY before any of their major competitors for YEARS? And yet, when Nintendo has a rough year just like everyone else, because you had to wait a couple months longer than normal Nintendo just DESERVES to have bad things happen to them?

You cannot justify that. That is called being entitled and spoiled, and it's extremely childish.

For those of you here who think this way, let me open your minds a bit. Have you ever planned something in advance and then had to reschedule and it ended up being much more difficult to reschedule it than when you initially set the date the first time? Pain in the ass, right?

Now imagine Nintendo having to go through that for multiple projects all of a sudden. Now, if people started saying they hope your event flops hard just because you were taking so long to set it up again while you were doing your best, that would make you feel like crap, right? Nintendo may be a company instead of one person, but it's run by people who have to make sudden and hard decisions and try to get things back into an orderly fashion, and just because they can't to it to YOUR preferences doesn't mean they didn't do their best and that their big reveals should be spoiled.

Few of you, if any of you, have any idea what it's like to reschedule something that massive when there was a point in which there was no easy target date to move to. Remember, THE WORLD KINDA STOPPED for a good chunk of time, and you don't just magically fix everything after that. I guarantee you that the reason we got 1st Party shadow drops and 3rd Party Showcases is because the 3rd Party stuff was outside Nintendo's control and was going to happen when it would happen, so the companies involved would get that information to Nintendo in advance and they could whip up presentations well in advance. However, Nintendo was still adjusting dates for their own content, and since everything was in the air for a while the decided against large presentations for their own IPs outside of the Mario Anniversary which already had so much planned ahead of time and to play it by ear as best as they could up until they start to catch up to their original schedule.

If you wouldn't wish ill will on a family member because they promised to get you something but wanted it to be a surprise and it took them much longer than they planned to make it happen, back off of Nintendo because it's run by people.

Crimney sake, I'm the one with the Bergs and somehow I have more empathy than your average Nintendo fan.
I agree that the thread could use a lot more patience but you could have phrased your initial comment less aggressively, so as to avoid escalating the situation when it doesn't need escalating.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
A bit off topic but, is the Nintendo website undergoing maintenance at the moment? Tried opening it and it looks... weird.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
A partners direct is probably happening tomorrow. But I don’t think that’s why the website is in maintenance. Probably nothing.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
These were the changes.
View attachment 289317
Hmm, it still looks weird on my end, with big X images along the page. When I click on any of the links, it takes me right back to the weird page. Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Also, the latest pic of the day sure is kinda odd.

The left Stopwatch reads 12:14 (almost 12:15), while the right one reads 10:30. Hmm... quite the curious times.

EDIT 2: Aw the heck with it. Time for some tinfoil hat shenanigans. In regards to that pic of the day, what if the times shown on both Stopwatches are referring to upcoming dates? Possibilities are,
  • December 14th (or 15th), which falls on a Monday (Tuesday respectively), at 10:30 (perhaps AM or PM).
  • If starting from right to left, they could mean two separate dates of potential (Smash) announcements; those being October 30th (a Friday), and December 14th (or 15th).
Ok, enough reaching for now.

Last edited:

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I just spent some time reading through the compiled Geno evidence post and I gotta say I've never felt this confident that he was gonna make the roster. Really seems like there's too much in his favour now for him not to.
Yeah, that whole list adds up to a big "there's no way this is all a coincidence". If Geno doesn't make it in, I will be very surprised and even confused. Like the music takedowns. It would make no sense to take them down and then...do nothing with said music tracks. Like I said the other day, I'm 99.9% sure he's in. He and Crash (to a lesser degree) are the characters that, to me, feel the closest to locks. (On a side note, Geno's reveal trailer will be so surreal to watch.)

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that whole list adds up to a big "there's no way this is all a coincidence". If Geno doesn't make it in, I will be very surprised and even confused. Like the music takedowns. It would make no sense to take them down and then...do nothing with said music tracks. Like I said the other day, I'm 99.9% sure he's in. He and Crash (to a lesser degree) are the characters that, to me, feel the closest to locks. (On a side note, Geno's reveal trailer will be so surreal to watch.)
That's what I keep imagining too. The reveal trailer and the music accompanying him will be very surreal.

gzmee

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, it still looks weird on my end, with big X images along the page. When I click on any of the links, it takes me right back to the weird page. Anyone else having the same problem?

EDIT: Also, the latest pic of the day sure is kinda odd.

The left Stopwatch reads 12:14 (almost 12:15), while the right one reads 10:30. Hmm... quite the curious times.

EDIT 2: Aw the heck with it. Time for some tinfoil hat shenanigans. In regards to that pic of the day, what if the times shown on both Stopwatches are referring to upcoming dates? Possibilities are,
  • December 14th (or 15th), which falls on a Monday (Tuesday respectively), at 10:30 (perhaps AM or PM).
  • If starting from right to left, they could mean two separate dates of potential (Smash) announcements; those being October 30th (a Friday), and December 14th (or 15th).
Ok, enough reaching for now.
normally i hate posts theorizing about sakuraiposts but like........what is that lol

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
also how are you planning to react when geno gets in??? personally i plan on screaming, then crying, then projectile vomiting all over my computer, and then calling my dad and telling him to bring home five guys/mcdonalds/popeyes/chinese food/idk
For me it will probably be like one of those moments in shows where time just slows down LOL. Honestly though, I'll probably be really happy. Don't think I'll cry or scream, but I'll definitely rewatch the trailer around 20 times or so in pure excitement. Then we he releases the first thing I'll do is try to get a group
photo in-game of him, Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow if he's a stage cameo or part of one of Geno's taunts. Might also get a photo of him with Cloud and Hero. Also will listen to the song remixes, especially Forest Maze. It'll all definitely be a once in a lifetime moment.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
also how are you planning to react when geno gets in??? personally i plan on screaming, then crying, then projectile vomiting all over my computer, and then calling my dad and telling him to bring home five guys/mcdonalds/popeyes/chinese food/idk
Basically that except hopefully no projectile vomiting and then getting food from a restaurant with Geno in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom