• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Forgive my ignorance, but who exactly is Pushdustin and why is he so important?

Also, why does he Push....dustin? Kinda rude if you ask me.
Pushdustin started off as a Smash speculator and researcher but, because of his ability to read Japanese, his role in the Smash speculation community grew pretty rapidly and eventually he helped found Source Gaming with some of his friends and fellow Smash speculators. Basically he's the opposite of Sabi. He has connections and influence (he often works with GameXplain on videos, for example) but he's used them to further discussion and speculation rather than boost his e-fame/e-cred. I want to say he was even a frequent visitor to this thread in the Smash 4 days. By all accounts and my own interactions with him, he's a good guy. He basically does what I do but with actual structure and shares information via his Twitter and Source Gaming.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
On an unrelated note, the Game Awards 2020 finally has a date, December 10th 2020!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hopefully this one turns out to be a good one, because last year’s was very underwhelming in my opinion(not because of Smash, in general).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On an unrelated note, the Game Awards 2020 finally has a date, December 10th 2020!
Hopefully this one turns out to be a good one, because last year’s was very underwhelming in my opinion(not because of Smash, in general).
Last year's VGA was so boring I fell asleep watching it.

Last edited:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna bother watching it again unless there are obvious hints at good stuff. Cause last year's was so damn boring and uninteresting.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Last year's VGA was so boring I fell asleep watching it.
The only thing good from last years show was Bunsen & Beaker's sketch.

Hopefully this one will be a bit better. Give more time delivering rewards to developers instead of just rapid firing all except for the 'big' ones, pump the brakes on commercials just a bit, and have an actual big reveal at the end of the show. Less of a 'Fast & Furious the Game' and something like 'Master Chief announced for Smash Bros Ultimate'.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the personal opinion that the industry needs to be a lot better about propping up the people that make everything happen. I had no words to describe my irritation with how a lot of important awards were just kind of skated past in little rapid-fire segments, and only the "Big Ones" got any attention. The Game Awards seems less concerned with giving proper appreciation for the industry of which is based, and, while cool announcements can be really exciting and interesting, I feel like if I'm going to watch a program about Awards for Video Games, I'd like to see Awards for Video Games, and some insight/appreciation for all of the hard-working people that make literally the impossible possible in these elaborate, detailed machines we call video games.

I want to see some respect and admiration for these incredibly talented people. I could do without the bluster and fuss around marketing and advertisements while the actual object of the thing I'm watching takes a backseat.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Picture the scene from 2 weeks from now

a smash trailer drops for character 7.

the mallow mii costume starts on screen. All of a sudden we see it go from a mii model into a full on cgi mallow

the guy who voiced Mephiles in sonic 06 now voices mallow for the trailer.

All of a sudden mallow gives us that mephiles laugh and says CACOMALLOW leak real, whilst continuing to laugh.

screen fades, Geno revealed and then it ends.

sakurai comes on screen and just says yes

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
My only comment on the TGAs is that if FF7R loses to TLOU2 then I officially have no reason to watch the awards ever again. God Of War barely getting GOTY saved it in my eyes for a bit but it really was a bit of a snooze fest last year.

If FF7R loses to something like Ghost of Tsushima or really any actually good game that came out this year then I'll be able to tolerate it, but not if TLOU2 wins. That would be the equivalent of if Ultimate came out in 2019 and then Sw/Sh came out and Sw/Sh won GOTY at the TGAs.

I hope they shill out for some bigger announcements this year.

As for all the news, in total we've seen...
  • Smash Event skipped over
  • 7/11 Ad for the Fighter's Pass
  • Evidence that multiple in-game announcements have been skipped over, enough to be tied to a character, likely meaning a character was supposed to be revealed long before now
  • Direct archive updating again
  • Kirby game leaked, which means Nintendo still has more to come, though we already knew this
  • We are closely approaching Amiibo release for Japan, but we still have a little time before NA Amiibo release, and characters have consistently come out before NA Amiibo release when the Amiibo have separate dates per country
  • Nintendo never shows up at the TGS, which leaves them fully open to do whatever they wish this week
If you see all this and still say 'Nothing is happening any time soon, please contain your hype' I will have to make a joke about the PushDustin cult in my next video.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the personal opinion that the industry needs to be a lot better about propping up the people that make everything happen. I had no words to describe my irritation with how a lot of important awards were just kind of skated past in little rapid-fire segments, and only the "Big Ones" got any attention. The Game Awards seems less concerned with giving proper appreciation for the industry of which is based, and, while cool announcements can be really exciting and interesting, I feel like if I'm going to watch a program about Awards for Video Games, I'd like to see Awards for Video Games, and some insight/appreciation for all of the hard-working people that make literally the impossible possible in these elaborate, detailed machines we call video games.

I want to see some respect and admiration for these incredibly talented people. I could do without the bluster and fuss around marketing and advertisements while the actual object of the thing I'm watching takes a backseat.
This is how I feel. Geoff has stated how these awards are to celebrate the game industry but it feels more like Diet E3.

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
The Game Awards last year, to me, had mostly trailers and announcements for future games and hardly any actual awards and developer interviews. It was like a massive commercial with commercial breaks in between.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Can someone possibly remind me what mii costumes have still yet to get into smash ultimate that were in smash 4.

with the possibility of the next character having 6 mii costumes with it I wanna see what’s left and see what could fit well with Geno if he is next.

if I had to speculate i have a good idea what could return and be announced with him but I wanna see what others could fit with him.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So since TGA has been announced and we're likely to have a reveal for FP7 soon, I'm going to predict this. If Geno is revealed to be FP7 and comes with a Mallow hat that is the same as the Cacomallow leak, then I believe that FP8 will be revealed at TGA and it'll be the Doomslayer.

Reactions: Voe

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Can someone possibly remind me what mii costumes have still yet to get into smash ultimate that were in smash 4.

with the possibility of the next character having 6 mii costumes with it I wanna see what’s left and see what could fit well with Geno if he is next.

if I had to speculate i have a good idea what could return and be announced with him but I wanna see what others could fit with him.
Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd Irving, Gilgamesh from the Tower of Druaga, and two Monster Hunter costumes. (at least for the DLC ones; some Mii costumes from Smash 4's base game might have been cut)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd Irving, Gilgamesh from the Tower of Druaga, and two Monster Hunter costumes. (at least for the DLC ones; some Mii costumes from Smash 4's base game might have been cut)
Yep, that's all the remaining 3rd party Mii Fighter content from Smash 4. Every single wave, except for the second wave/the Dragon Quest heroes, all came with at least 1 returning 3rd Mii Costume from Smash 4 without fail

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
4g06kv.jpg

I often get asked a lot why I'm still doing this after 15 years and my biggest reason is because it's what 8 year old me would have wanted. Most of these are when I was 8, but the lion costume one and the one without glasses are younger but the point remains the same. Eight year old me cried at the end of SMRPG because I had the sinking that Geno, my favorite character in my favorite game to this day, was never coming back. This was a kid that was afraid of the dark, was way too tall for his age, struggled making friends, had to go to speech therapy and anger management, had ADHD, cried very easily, had nightmares fairly frequently, and often felt like there was no place in the world where he belonged. 24 years later, things are much better off but a lot of it wasn't easy and it was beyond the confidence of 8 year old me.

Aside from my current job, I've largely turned into who 8 year old wished he could be. I often wish I could tell him that things would work out in the end. Despite prolonged times of sadness, loneliness, fear, and even self loathing, things have come around. I'd want to tell him that he gets married, gets multiple degrees, learns to grow his own pumpkins, becomes master of his home kitchen, he drinks coffee black and whiskey without a chaser, gets published in several books, travels around the world, makes amends with his dad and, yes, even his sister, and makes lots of friends. I want to tell him that as the air starts to cool and his favorite time of the year approaches, thanks to years of support from friends and fellow fans from around the world, Geno's coming back soon.

He'll be four times the age he is now but I want him to know that the road leading up to it is going to be extraordinary. The wait will be long but it will definitely be worth it. I want him to know despite all his self doubt, he pulls through and that he had it in him the whole time without even knowing. His wishes are going to come true because him and many others around the world never gave up. He's not alone, never has been, and things will get better for him as time marches on...

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I've been a fan of Super Mario RPG ever since I played it around 1996 - I played it alongside Super Mario 64 at the time.

I wasn't aware of the support for Geno in Smash until 2006, which is when I also became a supporter.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
So I'm working on a meme, but it requires people who have been rooting for Geno for as long as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and I have, which is to say since we played the game in 1996.

Who here has rooted for Geno since 1996 or 2007/2008? I'm making another one of the whole thread but I specifically need one about all us old Geno folk.
i was rooting for geno in when rawest forest came out!! that animation made me play smrpg and it was amazing !
rawest forest also came out the day after my birthday so

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
So I'm working on a meme, but it requires people who have been rooting for Geno for as long as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and I have, which is to say since we played the game in 1996.

Who here has rooted for Geno since 1996 or 2007/2008? I'm making another one of the whole thread but I specifically need one about all us old Geno folk.
I mean, rooting for Geno in a Smash bros context couldn't have even been conceived until at least 1999, but I've been a fan since 1996. I started actively campaigning for him once the Sm4sh ballot became a thing. Prior to that, I didn't realize how influential the fanbase could be in newcomer selection. Regardless, I've been a staunch supporter of both Geno and Isaac ever since.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

I've been wanting him and King K. Rool since Brawl

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I'll share my Mario RPG experience, but it's short. I was 3 years old when I rented the game for the SNES. I remember when I saw the graphics being odd, and I don't know how the game works so I press different buttons til it works. Sadly, when I beat Bowser and flew to Mario's home, I didn't save because I believe that when Mario was caught in his clothes hanger, I couldn't move. So I turn the console off. Rinse and repeat. And that's the story.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord

Another rawest forest/Wii vc kid here, though I didn't actually finish the game proper untill I got it on snes a few years after

QQS

Smash Lord
View attachment 286562

I often get asked a lot why I'm still doing this after 15 years and my biggest reason is because it's what 8 year old me would have wanted. Most of these are when I was 8, but the lion costume one and the one without glasses are younger but the point remains the same. Eight year old me cried at the end of SMRPG because I had the sinking that Geno, my favorite character in my favorite game to this day, was never coming back. This was a kid that was afraid of the dark, was way too tall for his age, struggled making friends, had to go to speech therapy and anger management, had ADHD, cried very easily, had nightmares fairly frequently, and often felt like there was no place in the world where he belonged. 24 years later, things are much better off but a lot of it wasn't easy and it was beyond the confidence of 8 year old me.

Aside from my current job, I've largely turned into who 8 year old wished he could be. I often wish I could tell him that things would work out in the end. Despite prolonged times of sadness, loneliness, fear, and even self loathing, things have come around. I'd want to tell him that he gets married, gets multiple degrees, learns to grow his own pumpkins, becomes master of his home kitchen, he drinks coffee black and whiskey without a chaser, gets published in several books, travels around the world, makes amends with his dad and, yes, even his sister, and makes lots of friends. I want to tell him that as the air starts to cool and his favorite time of the year approaches, thanks to years of support from friends and fellow fans from around the world, Geno's coming back soon.

He'll be four times the age he is now but I want him to know that the road leading up to it is going to be extraordinary. The wait will be long but it will definitely be worth it. I want him to know despite all his self doubt, he pulls through and that he had it in him the whole time without even knowing. His wishes are going to come true because him and many others around the world never gave up. He's not alone, never has been, and things will get better for him as time marches on...
Amazing post Fatman! This is happening 100% trust me!

[/QUOTE]

I played SMRPG and love Geno since I first played in 1996 or 1997. I was born in 1990. As a Geno, I played him with 6 or 7 seven years old. Now I’m 30 and Geno along Mega Man and Link, are my favorites characters ever. With Geno playable (my favorite character left to appear) playable in Smash (my favorite game) I close my dream in ALL GAMING with my 3 heroes in one game and specially, it’s insane to have Mega Man and Geno, being third parties, in my favorite game. This is happening...

SMRPG was a Christmas gift from my father and I cried almost everytime I replay the Geno Awakens scene and Goodbye Geno scene. Bowyer part is my favorite part of the game and the one I’m most attached to. Probably also the Boss, stage and song in which Fighter Geno will be based on Smash <3

GENO ALIGNS AS A STAR!

EDIT:
I’m that old with Geno and games, but I love him/played as him with my friends and I knew he was/is a big deal in Smash but I was never active on social media or forums since Ultímate cause I wanna spread some screams and wishes from a 30 years guy who love Geno from the edge of the world in Chile cause I think now it’s the final moment and he will be in. It’s so clear for me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom