• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
The following is a video by GameOver Jesse from December 17, 2015. Quite some time ago. However, the topic he talks about is one that curiously is being echoed thanks to the surfacing of rumors in the present day. However there is an interesting segment within this video that is brought up that helps shed some light as to how important SMRPG is; not just as an RPG game, but for Square Enix as well. Jesse refers to an article which demonstrate said importance; thus the following excerpt from it:

"An unnamed intern at Square Enix gave us the details about the "RPG Juku" initiative. Square Enix president Yoichi Wada introduced the program with the following:

"In 1996, Square released a game called Super Mario RPG. We were blessed with the opportunity to work with Nintendo on that project. Today, this game is still received well. Many critics have even praised the game more highly than recently released titles like Final Fantasy XIII. In order to improve Square Enix's output in terms of their RPG games, all staff must play Super Mario RPG in a program we call "RPG Juku". You will have three days to complete the game."

After the three-day period, top executives asked employees what they thought was good about the game. Many said the unique battle system, the interactivity with the environment, and the minigames were good aspects about Super Mario RPG. One employee was fired after they said that "the ease from going to point A to B on the world map" was one of the top features of the game."

The article about the "'RPG Juku' initiative" is satire.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wasn't sure if this was posted or not- as I still have some trouble navigating the boards ^^"
But...here is a little something I worked on for the fans of SMRPG, Geno, and Mallow. I hope everyone's wish comes true!
“chef’s kiss” magnifique

That’s that good ****

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Decided to look into it and the way character tournaments have been treated has been pretty consistent. Characters have tournaments specifically dedicated to them the weekend after they are released. This started with Hero and I've noticed that if a character is released on a Tuesday, their tournament won't be scheduled until the week after their release. Observe:

Hero: August 9th
Banjo: September 6th
Terry: November 8th
Byleth: February 7th
Min Min: July 3rd

What's interesting about this is that it's set up for there to always be a weekly event of some kind. If a character is released on a Tuesday, THAT is the event for the week and their specialized tournament isn't until the week after. Banjo, Terry, and Min Min weren't released on Tuesdays so their tournaments were scheduled for that week, not the week after. What's also interesting about this is that there is always guaranteed a Tuesday announcement of some kind UNLESS a character is being released that week. I also noticed that, except Terry because he was revealed on Banjo's launch day, every Smash DLC reveal after launch has had a spirit board event accompany their reveal.

Because things usually alternate between Spirit Board events and Spirit tournaments, character reveals are most likely to appear during Spirit Board weeks. This means that a reveal could technically happen this week at the earliest with 7's tournament being next week with their release. Based on everything going on, however, I have my doubts and believe the week of October 5th is more likely. If 7 isn't revealed this week, next week's event will likely be an unrelated Spirit tournament and the cycle will keep repeating until the next reveal.

TL;DR: For the next 6 weeks, if we were to go on past precedent the most likely weeks for reveals are this week, the week of October 5th or the week of October 19th.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Wasn't sure if this was posted or not- as I still have some trouble navigating the boards ^^"
But...here is a little something I worked on for the fans of SMRPG, Geno, and Mallow. I hope everyone's wish comes true!

Absolutely amazing work, I especially love that you included some of the wishes people left on Operation Starfall. Hurrahs all around! :geno:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Not to start anything or come off as rude, but I feel like these two words are kinda contradictory in the context of Smash. In the end, we have no idea how truly likely or unlikely someone is because we can't see behind Nintendo's curtains until they open them up themselves, so we're just stuck guessing. Characters are polarizing because we can't agree how likely they are when we make our predictions. Again, not be that guy, just felt like pointing that out.
L
Agree, no one here is part of the committee that determines these things, and all of this is like trying to predict the NFL draft.

Separately, I can see where you might get the idea that I was being contradictory, but I meant it in a different way than you saw it, “Likely” as in, one of the most likely characters to be DLC. ”Polarizing” as in, some people absolutely love Geno and others think he’s a bad, minor character from an old one-off SNES game who shouldn’t even be a thing. When I said likely and polarizing, I meant many people generally agree he at least has as good a chance as he’s ever had and him being FP2 is a real possibility, but that people have way different takes on the character being interesting, likable, and worthy.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
L
Agree, no one here is part of the committee that determines these things, and all of this is like trying to predict the NFL draft.

Separately, I can see where you might get the idea that I was being contradictory, but I meant it in a different way than you saw it, “Likely” as in, one of the most likely characters to be DLC. ”Polarizing” as in, some people absolutely love Geno and others think he’s a bad, minor character from an old one-off SNES game who shouldn’t even be a thing. When I said likely and polarizing, I meant many people generally agree he at least has as good a chance as he’s ever had and him being FP2 is a real possibility, but that people have way different takes on the character being interesting, likable, and worthy.
Ah, I see. He does seem to be pretty divisive, so you're not wrong there. Respectfully disagree on the likely party, but we just had an argument regarding him this morning. I've enough debate for today, so let's just leave it at that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, the OHRRPGCE I recommended earlier had massive changes to it. Including the ability to have hero sprites of any size. I can import my art directly even though the sprites I make are big

Edit: Looks like I'm going to try and make an RPG with my sprites. lol

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Seems like Nintendo just accidentally leaked one of their own games... While I'd love to think this would be an announcement in a possible direct, it's more than likely that it'll just be one of their random Twitter announcements.
:ultgreninja: 'd

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well Genobros, do I have exciting news for you.

View attachment 286410
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.
I think this all but confirms that we are 100% getting a Princess Peach sex simulation game made by Nintendo, going off of past precedence. Nintendo always takes down games that they are working on afterall. Get ready boys.

Delete this if not allowed
All I'm sayin is they took down that Mario battle royale game to make Super Mario 35.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Seems like Nintendo just accidentally leaked one of their own games... While I'd love to think this would be an announcement in a possible direct, it's more than likely that it'll just be one of their random Twitter announcements.
:ultgreninja: 'd
Nintendo seems to be having some problems with leaks right now.

Sure would be a shame if some DLC ended up getting leaked as well... :4pacman:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was kirby fighters any good? I kind of wasn't that interested in it.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Have to assume this is a follow-up to the Kirby Fighters mode in Triple Deluxe
In which it was a fun time waster but nothing more. If they add more substance then maybe it could be a neat standalone spin-off.
Actually, they released Kirby Fighters as it's own standalone game later down the line. It even had U.F.O. Kirby as a fighter!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Actually, they released Kirby Fighters as it's own standalone game later down the line. It even had U.F.O. Kirby as a fighter!
Didn't know that. We've had a constant onslaught of fighting-based Kirby spin-offs since Planet Robobot that they all just kinda blend together, heh.
This new game includes Bandanna Waddle Dee and Dedede as playable characters though, and presumably more. So if they get a great lineup then this could be way more fun.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I can't find it, but wasn't there some nonsense 4Chan screenshot posted earlier today, or yesterday, that mentioned a Kirby Fighters 2 in the list? I can't remember if it was that, or something else Kirby-related, but I will say (edit: adding "IF I'M REMEMBERING IT CORRECTLY"), then it's a bit of an odd guess to get correct, because I didn't even know a Kirby Fighters One existed.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Didn't know that. We've had a constant onslaught of fighting-based Kirby spin-offs since Planet Robobot that they all just kinda blend together, heh.
This new game includes Bandanna Waddle Dee and Dedede as playable characters though, and presumably more. So if they get a great lineup then this could be way more fun.
So who do you think will make the cut? I have some ideas:
-= Confirmed =-
Kirby + Copy Abilities
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Waddle Dee
Magolor

-= Very Likely =-
Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo
Rick
Kine
Coo

-= Likely =-
Marx
Gooey
Adeleine & Ribbon

-= Decent Chance =-
Dark Meta Knight
Daroach
Galacta Knight/Aeon Hero
Taranza
Susie
Jambastion Mages

-= Unlikely =-
Nightmare
Dark Matter
Zero/Miracle Matter/02
Drawcia
Dark Kirby
President Haltmann
Morpho Knight

-= Very Unlikely =-
Dark Mind
Dark Nebula
Yin-Yarn
Necrodeus
Landia
HR-D3
Paintra
Queen Sectonia
Shadow Dedede
Claycia
Dark Crafter
Hyness
Void Termina

-= NEVER EVER =-
Whispy Woods
Basically any non-main boss character or miniboss character
Buff Dedede
Tiff
Bouncy Tiff
Tuff
Escargoon
Nightmare Salesman
Sirica
Thoughts?

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
So, I bit the bullet, and did a quick check-up on Blocked Content's uploads, because if anything, I remember that whoever posted the snapshot of the 'leak' made reference to Blocked Content when they did it, so I go back to find out that the whole Direct thing being discussed included something called "Kirby: Power Rumble". I'm glad I wanted to cross check that so badly.

Far be it from me to suggest that someone managed to know the entire contents of a Direct presentation more than a week out from it showing up, but I do find it curious that they "leaked" the title of a new Kirby game that almost sounds like some kind of arena fighter, and now we know for a fact there is going to be a Kirby Fighters sequel at sssssome point in the future? It's weird.

The whole thing is weird. And likely a gigantic coincidence that it even landed remotely close to the legitimate thing that Nintendo leaked. However, it can still be argued that, 'well, i mean, it's not that close.'

In any case, if there is, at all, any nugget of truth to the leak in any capacity, it goes on to suggest Crash for Fighter 7, which is kind of the key reason I wanted to see if things were lining up to begin with. Again; I still don't actually think this leak has anything to offer, it's just kind of curious and odd. If it has any hope of being correct, it would pretty much need to nail the supposed date listed (Oct. 8th), and even then, I still don't think anyone can just drop the whole plate on the internet like that and not face litigation issues of some dreaded variety, so...

I just thought that was interesting, and figured I needed to at least clear things up after making a post like the one that I did. Yeowza.

Additional Edit: Also weird, the "leak" brings up Game Boy coming to Switch Online, and didn't we just get a GB-specific Spirits event announced? It's a little strange how I keep thinking of relevant things the more I look over this list. Wild.

Final Edit: It's kind of discourteous of me to not at least include an image reference so people know what I'm talking about. Grain-of-salt and all that, adding it to post.

Attachments

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So who do you think will make the cut? I have some ideas:
-= Confirmed =-
Kirby + Copy Abilities
King Dedede
Bandana Waddle Dee

-= Very Likely =-
Meta Knight
Rick
Kine
Coo
Magolor
Waddle Dee
Waddle Doo

-= Likely =-
Marx
Gooey
Adeleine & Ribbon

-= Decent Chance =-
Dark Meta Knight
Daroach
Galacta Knight/Aeon Hero
Taranza
Susie
Jambastion Mages

-= Unlikely =-
Nightmare
Dark Matter
Zero/Miracle Matter/02
Drawcia
Dark Kirby
President Haltmann
Morpho Knight

-= Very Unlikely =-
Dark Mind
Dark Nebula
Yin-Yarn
Necrodeus
Landia
HR-D3
Paintra
Queen Sectonia
Shadow Dedede
Claycia
Dark Crafter
Hyness
Void Termina

-= NEVER EVER =-
Whispy Woods
Basically any non-main boss character or miniboss character
Buff Dedede
Tiff
Bouncy Tiff
Tuff
Escargoon
Nightmare Salesman
Sirica
Thoughts?
If there is no Escargoon I want nothing to do with this game :ultpacman:
I'm assuming this is running on the same engine as Kirby Star Allies since that is also on Switch, so unless they plan to just go Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Waddle Dee, then I'd think all of the Dream Friends from that game could easily be ported over and have their mechanics altered for the game's playstyle. They've been using Galacta Knight a lot too, always as the secret final boss, like just make the man playable already.

Other than that I don't really know what other characters they'd be willing to add, we'll need to see how they wanna handle things. It'd be cool if they'd reference some lesser known titles, throw in Gryll from Kirby's Star Stacker.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
If there is no Escargoon I want nothing to do with this game :ultpacman:
I'm assuming this is running on the same engine as Kirby Star Allies since that is also on Switch, so unless they plan to just go Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Waddle Dee, then I'd think all of the Dream Friends from that game could easily be ported over and have their mechanics altered for the game's playstyle. They've been using Galacta Knight a lot too, always as the secret final boss, like just make the man playable already.

Other than that I don't really know what other characters they'd be willing to add, we'll need to see how they wanna handle things. It'd be cool if they'd reference some lesser known titles, throw in Gryll from Kirby Star Stacker.
Yeah, that'd be cool. Also, I just realized that Meta Knight and Magolor are on the game icon amongst the other playable characters, so they're confirmed.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So, I bit the bullet, and did a quick check-up on Blocked Content's uploads, because if anything, I remember that whoever posted the snapshot of the 'leak' made reference to Blocked Content when they did it, so I go back to find out that the whole Direct thing being discussed included something called "Kirby: Power Rumble". I'm glad I wanted to cross check that so badly.

Far be it from me to suggest that someone managed to know the entire contents of a Direct presentation more than a week out from it showing up, but I do find it curious that they "leaked" the title of a new Kirby game that almost sounds like some kind of arena fighter, and now we know for a fact there is going to be a Kirby Fighters sequel at sssssome point in the future? It's weird.

The whole thing is weird. And likely a gigantic coincidence that it even landed remotely close to the legitimate thing that Nintendo leaked. However, it can still be argued that, 'well, i mean, it's not that close.'

In any case, if there is, at all, any nugget of truth to the leak in any capacity, it goes on to suggest Crash for Fighter 7, which is kind of the key reason I wanted to see if things were lining up to begin with. Again; I still don't actually think this leak has anything to offer, it's just kind of curious and odd. If it has any hope of being correct, it would pretty much need to nail the supposed date listed (Oct. 8th), and even then, I still don't think anyone can just drop the whole plate on the internet like that and not face litigation issues of some dreaded variety, so...

I just thought that was interesting, and figured I needed to at least clear things up after making a post like the one that I did. Yeowza.

Additional Edit: Also weird, the "leak" brings up Game Boy coming to Switch Online, and didn't we just get a GB-specific Spirits event announced? It's a little strange how I keep thinking of relevant things the more I look over this list. Wild.

Final Edit: It's kind of discourteous of me to not at least include an image reference so people know what I'm talking about. Grain-of-salt and all that, adding it to post.
  • This 4chan leak includes something that sounds similar to a Kirby game that just got leaked so it might be legitimate despite having a completely different title
No offense but really? BREATH OF EVIL? Really?

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
  • This 4chan leaks includes something that sounds similar to a Kirby game that just got leaked so it might be legitimate despite having a completely different title
No offense but really? BREATH OF EVIL? Really?
Yesss, yes, well -- there is a reason why I only find it notable for a few weird coincidences, and am not taking this thing at full-face value, hahah.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Say, doesn't this Kirby Fighters 2 leak feel like news may actually be coming up soon, despite TGS? I mean, rather than a leak, or an "oopsie", this almost seems like if it was deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom