• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
also evidence of a "Style Savvy" character, or at least a stage. And if Stages are linked to characters in the DLC...
What’s the evidence? Thought there was only a song, is that... like, coded to link to something?

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Evidence has been found that Monster Hunter content is being categorized in the game's data the same way it is for fighters, possibly hinting at a Monster Hunter character for DLC, making it yet another character that would have made the Mii costume to playable jump.

*sweats profusely*
Whoa........... (Spoiler) in smash? I wouldn't disagree with that. This doesn't hurt geno's chances at all right?

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Uh oh...hey guys, sudden bad thought here.

What if the reason Geno is an icon is that is all Nintendo/Sakurai could get this time and Geno's Mii Costume was pulled from the game entirely because Square is a pair or stingy dingy socks?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What’s the evidence? Thought there was only a song, is that... like, coded to link to something?
The song apparently had data that tied it to a stage or something? And if DLC character and stages are from the same series...

Although it's also possible it was just a stage and song that was going to be added but cut

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace

What if the reason Geno is an icon is that is all Nintendo/Sakurai could get this time and Geno's Mii Costume was pulled from the game entirely because Square is a pair or stingy dingy socks?
Impossible, if he’s in as an icon, they’d have the rights for a Spirit. And the fact that there’s no SMRPG music is a huge indication that he isn’t one, as we’ve seen that music can change for specific Spirit fights.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

What would they get out of removing the costume but not the character rights in its entirety? That makes little sense.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
The song apparently had data that tied it to a stage or something? And if DLC character and stages are from the same series...

Although it's also possible it was just a stage and song that was going to be added but cut
In that case, the stage doesn’t even have to be for that series, they could have tied it to some other random stage that got cut/is upcoming. Doesn’t mean a character from that franchise is happening.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
How in the hell did this game went from: "This roster is for the fans" to "HAHAHAH **** you guys we're gonna promote these games you don't even wanna play now"

D

Deleted member

What would they get out of removing the costume but not the character rights in its entirety? That makes little sense.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'d
Especially if Nintendo of America wished Super Mario RPG a happy anniversary this year and didn't do so when they got his Mii costume for Smash 4. I have a really hard time believing that he isn't one of the five because I think they would include him in a more meaningful way than a Mii costume, and he isn't an assist trophy

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In that case, the stage doesn’t even have to be for that series, they could have tied it to some other random stage that got cut/is upcoming. Doesn’t mean a character from that franchise is happening.
It could.

But the Downloadable stages are tied to characters. So if it's upcoming, then it's going to have a character from that series

RingJ5

Smash Ace
It could.

But the Downloadable stages are tied to characters. So if it's upcoming, then it's going to have a character from that series
Yeah, but what I’m saying is, unless they found code that specifically calls for a Style Savvy stage, the upcoming stage that uses it as one of its songs could literally be anything and just have that song in its selection.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, but what I’m saying is, unless they found code that specifically calls for a Style Savvy stage, the upcoming stage that uses it as one of its songs could literally be anything and just have that song in its selection.
That's what they are saying. A stage

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's cracking me up that Capcom is getting several dozen new remixes in this game while Square Enix can barely cough up two straight rips. Capcom is definitely a company that acts like it's happy to be in Smash.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
There appears to be some evidence that a character was cut based on some file names, take that as you will.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I dunno; I know a select few who wanted Style Savvy. I wouldn't mind TOO much; as long as Geno's there too. It could certainly be creative.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys, remember that the Style Savvy thing could be just a cut stage idea/data like the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. Same could be true for Monster Hunter

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
It's cracking me up that Capcom is getting several dozen new remixes in this game while Square Enix can barely cough up two straight rips. Capcom is definitely a company that acts like it's happy to be in Smash.
If only Square realized that literally every other third party is probably making way more money off of Smash than they are.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Style Savvy had tracks in Smash Wii U. Calm down folks, music gets in without reps or stages all the time.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The track position being with the fighter's music is likely that they were thought of as fighters at one point but were scrapped. Not for sure of course, but it's the more likely option.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There appears to be some evidence that a character was cut based on some file names, take that as you will.
To back you up on this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...game_leak_megathread_215_any_and_all/eabpcj4/

It could be the Monster Hunter, because of how the music is listed as fighter or whatever.

My personal opinion is it could be the Square Rep. I am only basing this off of Vergeben's claims when they mentioned a Square Rep back in...June? July?
How would they know that unless that character was planned to be in the game?

As for MH, I think if Verge knew that, he would have said Monster Hunter was a character instead of a Square Rep.

Again this is speculation on my part. For all we know, it could be a character NO ONE can predict.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys, come on now. If we do get a Monster Hunter rep, that's Capcom not Square Enix. We mustn't lose faith in PolarPanda and his source. It's really premature to give up now

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Guys, come on now. If we do get a Monster Hunter rep, that's Capcom not Square Enix. We mustn't lose faith in PolarPanda and his source. It's really premature to give up now
Agreed. If anything Monster Hunter is a good sign because it means that there is no hard and fast rule about the number of reps per 3rd party. So, if we are fortunate enough to get multiple Fighter Passes, then there's nothing stopping us from getting more than one more Square Rep. However, Capcom is very open to crossovers in general.

Edit: OH! I almost forgot about this:

If Monster Hunter is for real, that's another promoted Mii Costume! Only Geno/Chocobo and Heihachi/Lloyd/Gil left.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the fact that Cloud was the final veteran added increases the chances of a SE rep as DLC, since they want money for their inclusion

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
My 1st wave dlc predictions:
Geno
Monster Hunter
Something Microsoft
Something Kirby
Advertisement: Pokemon or Fire Emblem

D

Deleted member

Ninten, the protagonist of Earthbound Beginnings, hasn't been seen as a spirit yet, but all of his party members have, and we are almost finished with finding all the spirits, and I hope this means what I think this means....

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Ninten, the protagonist of Earthbound Beginnings, hasn't been seen as a spirit yet, but all of his party members have, and we are almost finished with finding all the spirits, and I hope this means what I think this means....
I’d honestly love to see both Ninten and Linkle as “characters who look like other characters but could actually play far differently”

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I’d honestly love to see both Ninten and Linkle as “characters who look like other characters but could actually play far differently”
That goes against Sakurai's design philosophy.

There is the thing called the Silhouette theory that Sakurai has discussed where the way he designs characters is that you can play them even if you can't see them clearly. That's why he makes characters with similar looks or proportions clones/ echoes.

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
That goes against Sakurai's design philosophy.

There is the thing called the Silhouette theory that Sakurai has discussed where the way he designs characters is that you can play them even if you can't see them clearly. That's why he makes characters with similar looks or proportions clones/ echoes.
That's good, because I'm going to be playing Ultimate until I'm old and can't see the screen very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom