• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, so far we only have one potential SMRPG nod as of now, that being in the new King Koopa song. Is that correct?

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Embargo for the new remixes was lifted today and it looks like the Mario ones are the first one out of the gate. Spoiler alert: they're all really, really good.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRUCFIChp4wabzhWRGiLq9Q/videos
Man, **** Crunchii, that was the guy who made fun of Smash fans for falling for his fakes codes then wanted sympathy afterwards.

Here is 31 Horas. Literally the same thing, but you aren't supporting that loser Bitchii and he's going crazy over the new tracks as well. He also labels them better in his description.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So I heard back from our info boi. Nothing new on Geno, but interesting stuff:
-NO AT promotions at all in wave 1. So no waluigi, etc.
-Wave 2 has not been heard of at all yet if it will ever happen. If people want it to happen, they need to push for it NOW.
-Geno rumor is still valid and nothing new has been said about it. Great for Geno.
-He probably won't hear anything about what's at VGAs besides Nintendo cracking down on security and sales in Mexico.
-NoJ picked the DLC. Knowing them, he believes there will be 2 or so fan demanded characters, and 3 or so less demanded characters for marketing purposes. Similar to base game. Will Geno be our Ridley?

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
yeah I can’t find where to upload images but someone in the comments pointed out how he didn’t have a spoilers tag in the tweet. basically everything he says that does have a tag is legit then

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
-Wave 2 has not been heard of at all yet if it will ever happen. If people want it to happen, they need to push for it NOW.
YOU HEARD THE MAN!

HIT UP NoA and NoJ with POLITE message that we want more DLC even after Wave 1 regardless, even if we have no ****ing clue who is in Wave 1. We just want more content, more than we want Sakurai to have a vacation unfortunately. WE ARE HANGRY, HANGRY beasts, but we pay for our meals!

RingJ5

Smash Ace
-Geno rumor is still valid and nothing new has been said about it. Great for Geno.
-He probably won't hear anything about what's at VGAs besides Nintendo cracking down on security and sales in Mexico.
-NoJ picked the DLC. Knowing them, he believes there will be 2 or so fan demanded characters, and 3 or so less demanded characters for marketing purposes. Similar to base game. Will Geno be our Ridley?
Thank you so much for the update, although the way you worded that bit about the VGAs gave me images in my head of Sakurai getting up on stage to thunderous applause, announcing “We are no longer selling Ultimate in South America”, and leaving.

Hopefully Geno doesn’t get datamined as a Spirit today.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Man; It would be a very poor choice if Nintendo stopped at one wave in my opinion. If your info boi can relay the word of how much we want a second wave, that would be much appreciated Panda!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Embargo for the new remixes was lifted today and it looks like the Mario ones are the first one out of the gate. Spoiler alert: they're all really, really good.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRUCFIChp4wabzhWRGiLq9Q/videos
>Luigi's Mansion remix is a medley that's fight-appropriate
Thank you, Nintendo deities.

Also...

>SMB3, hood version
>FD Battle with Bowser intensifying to 9.0 difficulty
>greatest Delfino remix ever
>SMB2 actually has a new remix

Man, the Mario department really enjoyed composing for this entry, didn't they.

Man; It would be a very poor choice if Nintendo stopped at one wave in my opinion. If your info boi can relay the word of how much we want a second wave, that would be much appreciated Panda!
Yeah, I'm certain Sakurai could be willing to do a second one. No one's asking to one-up Kirby Star Allies, here, two waves will do. :smash:

Last edited:

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the update. From what i've seen, Japan really likes Kirby characters. So it's possible we might get a kirby character. I'm curious how this will play out.

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
At first I thought that Geno was likely due to how popular he is but now I am starting to think he may not be that likely because he provides no advertising for any recent game.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I've been told in the past that Crunchii is authorized by Nintendo to upload rips from their new games.
...Yes, but that’s not what’s going on right now, the game’s literally been leaked. That’s how he’s getting those tracks, he said as much on Twitter.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
...Yes, but that’s not what’s going on right now, the game’s literally been leaked. That’s how he’s getting those tracks, he said as much on Twitter.
Yeah, there's a full on datamine going around discord. Crunchii and Mizumi were all sharing it in various servers, including Source Gaming's. I invited him into my server but he didn't reply.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Pretty much my estimate, then. Only part I wasn't sure about is whether fan wants or big names would get more focus, so I'm perfectly fine with this.

Also, there might be a :ultkrool:to accompany him, too.

Yeah, there's a full on datamine going around discord. Crunchii and Mizumi were all sharing it in various servers, including Source Gaming's. I invited him into my server but he didn't reply.
>Sakurai's face when the game is launched too early

xu02hp8h8cvz.png

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually have less confidence NoJ would pick Geno then, like NoA would. But who knows? Better chance than if NoE picked

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So with going through the music list that was on the main thread and confirming with others...

No one has found Forest Maze. Not sure what that means.

EDIT: I put a link to the page that has all the music listed. This can be huge if it really is not listed in here!

https://pastebin.com/DkpUAg81
1000+ music tracks!?

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I actually have less confidence NoJ would pick Geno then, like NoA would. But who knows? Better chance than if NoE picked
Wasn't geno higher on the ballot in japan? If anything that makes me think he'd be more of a priority. But then again, if we go by that logic, Dragon Quest is a shoo in.

TBone06

Smash Ace
So with going through the music list that was on the main thread and confirming with others...

No one has found Forest Maze. Not sure what that means.
As things stand now, I believe if Forest Maze was found without Geno in the game, then it would be a negative. Not having the music in means they have something to include when/if he gets included for DLC. I personally think it's a great sign. Still no word on him being a spirit, but if that isn't found either then I feel really good about that.

EDIT: Especially considering we know it was already used for his costume reveal.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't geno higher on the ballot in japan? If anything that makes me think he'd be more of a priority. But then again, if we go by that logic, Dragon Quest is a shoo in.
From that source gaming thing. Sort of? The Japanese data wasn't done in a way I'd call "accurate"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As things stand now, I believe if Forest Maze was found without Geno in the game, then it would be a negative. Not having the music in means they have something to include when/if he gets included for DLC. I personally think it's a great sign. Still no word on him being a spirit, but if that isn't found either then I feel really good about that.

EDIT: Especially considering we know it was already used for his costume reveal.
Agreed! I update my comment with the list of music. I have not found it, unless I missed it by accident.

It would be REALLY weird if the costume was in without the music to back it up.

Truly this is incredible news!

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
It's actually because of the Japanese poll that I became aware of Geno's popularity and thus began my first foray into supporting Geno for Super Smash Bros. Brawl back in 2006. I think Geno is still in a good spot.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Bad logic. Good logic is that Japan really doesn't WANT DQ in Smash and they DO want Geno, so there ya go.

Agreed! I update my comment with the list of music. I have not found it, unless I missed it by accident.

It would be REALLY weird if the costume was in without the music to back it up.

Truly this is incredible news!
Watch us get Noctis or Lightning and then Geno's Mii Costume shows back up again with a couple of tracks.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Evidence has been found that Monster Hunter content is being categorized in the game's data the same way it is for fighters, possibly hinting at a Monster Hunter character for DLC, making it yet another character that would have made the Mii costume to playable jump.

*sweats profusely*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Evidence has been found that Monster Hunter content is being categorized in the game's data the same way it is for fighters, possibly hinting at a Monster Hunter character for DLC, making it yet another character that would have made the Mii costume to playable jump.

*sweats profusely*
also evidence of a "Style Savvy" character, or at least a stage. And if Stages are linked to characters in the DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom