• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
And again, why are we believing them? Especially on something as ridiculous as SMRPG2? Come on.
Right, but have they mentioned anything before is the question. Not knocking it for "Reasons", but curious is all.
The important detail here is that they're followed by Emily Rogers; an insider with an amazing track record.

That alone makes it something worth at least keeping an eye on. Also, I'm sure others pointed this out but I'll leave this here...

Heoj

Smash Ace
Yeeeeeeh, those last two tweets are from a literal who, there isnt a single reason to even acknowledge anything that person has to say.
And jeff grubbs tweet i dont think hes hinting at anything with that specific tweet. I think hes said some interesting stuff but that singlw tweet doesn't mean much imo

Edit:okay i guess i went about that too fast, that twitter user is followed by emily Roger which is definitely something.
I apologise if the first part came off as rude

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not writing off a potential announcement for a Sakurai Presents video because of one more coincidence: next Monday is the 7th
Is there something special about next Monday that I've forgotten about, or is it just because this is the 7th challenger pack and the 77th unique character? (I haven't watched the Direct yet, so I'm not sure if something about Sept. 7th is mentioned in there)

a random user

Smash Journeyman
If Geno gets in, do you think everyone should change the Geno hats in their profile pictures to crowns? ..Or golden Geno hats? Or maybe a Geno hat-crown hybrid?
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1301511164648542209?s=20

I feel like this is newly announced mario themed tournament is something we need to look at with laser eyes right now. Notice how this tournament is said to take place somewhere in november and december.
If you ask me this is probably something really valuable for geno since hypothetically if geno was fp7 that would mean he would probably release somewhere in late september/october, meaning he would make it just in time for this tournament
as a add on, a character has never been added while a tournament is goin on, so if he was being added it would be this month, or after october

MattX20

Smash Hero
Is there something special about next Monday that I've forgotten about, or is it just because this is the 7th challenger pack and the 77th unique character? (I haven't watched the Direct yet, so I'm not sure if something about Sept. 7th is mentioned in there)
It's mostly a combination of the date and also past precedent with Min Min's presentation being announced on Friday June the 19th with the presentation occurring the following Monday.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Well...I gotta admit we got our Mario 3D All-Stars game finally, kind of was hoping it would be remastered but I'll take it. Also I'm getting strong vibes of a Mario character reveal for that Mario themed event for Smash Ultimate...possibly a certain puppet showing up in that event.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I guess Nintendo saw the soul vs soulless comments on 4chan And just decided to port the 3D mario games so that 4chan couldn’t complain that the soul was gone.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nope, just seems like the normal tinfoil Geno stuff.

The Collection just...irks me. This is the most minimal effort possible and it's 60 dollars. They didn't even make Mario 64 widescreen for christ sake. And artifical scarcity because??? More frustratingly, it seemingly confirms we aren't getting N64 Online, which is just...UHHHHHGGGG. The Wii was able to play games from every Nintendo home-console at launch, and had a pretty large majority of every title you would want to play from their first 3 systems and every Gamecube game after just a few years. The Wii U was slightly worse and trickled stuff out again for no reason, but at the same time still also lets you play all the Wii stuff alongside GBA and DS.

Now here we are 3 and a half years into the Switch and we don't even have ****ing GAME BOY games on this brick yet. What about the rest of the N64 games, are we just never going to get any of them? The god damn Wii, RELEASED IN 2006, is a better console for experiencing Nintendo's backlog than the Switch at the moment. That is PATHETIC.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yeeeeeeh, those last two tweets are from a literal who, there isnt a single reason to even acknowledge anything that person has to say.
And jeff grubbs tweet i dont think hes hinting at anything with that specific tweet. I think hes said some interesting stuff but that singlw tweet doesn't mean much imo
Jeff’s tweet is as significant as any other industry person “tease” people post here and go crazy over. Also the context is this goes along with lots of other industry/insider people teasing SMRPG and Geno in the past few months. And yeah the other person could be a literal who but plenty of people are literal whos until they get something significant. Just a fun rumor that could be cool if true.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Just want to poke at Wave 7 for Mii Costumes. What special mii costume might make his/her appearance from what series?

T2by4

Smash Lord
1597773134281.jpg

So what we're just going to assume Sharito has some credibility because another insider follows them on twitter? That makes no sense.

This Sharito person is news to me.

I'm willing to give them a chance, and Emily Rogers following them is curious... but if they're an insider, I want to know if they've leaked stuff before and how accurate their info has been.
That's the thing, they haven't leaked a single thing in the past and people are still quick to believe them because emily rogers follows them on twitter. Are we to just assume every one that emily rogers follows is an insider?

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Just want to poke at Wave 7 for Mii Costumes. What special mii costume might make his/her appearance from what series?
Doom Slayer as the Premium Costume alongside Dragonborn's challenger pack

Either that or another indie this time around, Hollow Knight is a safe guess

T2by4

Smash Lord
View attachment 284368

SMRPG2? That seems very cart before the horse, doesn't it? I don't think anybody should be thinking that far ahead until we see SMRPG in some form on Switch first.
To be fair, if a smrpg 2 were to exist it would probably be announced simultaneously with the original. At least, at this point with how long it's been missing for.

Dukefire

Smash Master
If we are getting a sequel to SMRPG, then Nintendo would have talked with Square (Past name before the merge to create Square Enix) for certain rights to build the project

CB Johnny

Smash Rookie
Super Mario All Stars (+ Super Mario World version) means a lot to me. In fact, I cosplayed it for Anime Boston last year. So there's a bit to unpack towards how I feel about today's announcement.
Even if we didn't have months to speculate what would be put in, plenty of people would surely feel a bit let down with these compared to the slew of quality remakes and remasters of mainline Super Mario platformers that added plenty of content.

Super Mario series has had plenty of enhanced ports before:
5 games in the All Stars format (SMB 1, Lost Levels, 2, 3, World)
2 Deluxe (SMB and NSMBU)
4 advance (SMB2, SMB3, SMW, and YI)
and SM64DS

We had major graphical overhauls for the NES titles. 64 DS had new character models. Advance added cutscenes and (for better and worse) voice acting. There were quality of life improvements such as save files and completionist check lists (SMB 2 and World), glitch removes (which... okay let's be real- that's not always a good thing especially with SMB1), mini games, new bosses (64 DS and SMB2), new levels (Yoshi's Island, 64 DS, SMB3), new playable characters (64 DS, NSMBU Deluxe).

so in comparison what we have for 3D All Stars is
*the first time we experience rumble for SM64 in the states (unless Wii U Virtual Console had it?)
*a soundtrack mode
*improves resolution
*and a screen ratio change for sunshine
*Sunshine is available as an official release after never ever being ported or backwards compatible

I mean... okay? Cool? I mean, I appreciate that especially as plenty of folks can tear apart the other remakes for their flaws (SMB Deluxe's screen, 64 DS requiring either a thumb strap or to make your own out of bread bag twisty ties, etc). I get that those remasters aren't perfect but

apparently this collection isn't developed with the same approach and I can't help but feel sad that this wouldn't be worth my money.

I hope everyone else enjoys it but unless new details emerge, I'm not itching to get this the day it comes out.

Regardless, there was a lot of cool announcements. Not a bad day for a direct especially with the info drought. Here's to hoping a Geno fighter pack 7 unveiling is sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
View attachment 284368

SMRPG2? That seems very cart before the horse, doesn't it? I don't think anybody should be thinking that far ahead until we see SMRPG in some form on Switch first.
Only way I see it is if we get SMRPG on NSO in a Direct followed by an SMRPG2 announcement afterwards, with or without the Geno Smash reveal in-between.

Actually, if there was an SMRPG2, would it be big enough to be the surprise last announcement like AC or BOTW2?

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
An SMRPG2? Not a re-release or even a remake?,,,

Ah...boy howdy, that's uh...Woo!

I dunno about that one, Chief!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Watching the Direct now. I find it bizarre that the Mario battle royale game is only going to be available for less than six months. It's not like Tetris 99 had that limitation.

I also find it weird that we didn't get the weekly Smash event when the only Smash news that we got in this Direct was that there's going to be a Mario-themed online tournament at some point before the end of the year. (what's stopping them from having one this week? Maybe the seventh or eighth challenger pack is going to be a Mario character, but if that's the case, why don't they just say that?)

Glad to see Super Mario All-Stars coming to the SNES Online app. I got that on the Wii, but that was through sheer luck. (an EB Games happened to be selling a used copy when they still had used Wii games)

EDIT: pausing it for lunch, but I got to the Mario 3D All-Stars reveal. I wonder how many people got their hopes up for it being an N64 Online app.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom