• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Also, it's out in 2 weeks. Which leaves me questioning why they waiting until 2 WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE (NEW RECORD BAYBEEEEE) to reveal it? But more importantly...

IF THIS ISN'T OUT IN NOVEMBER, WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE HOLIDAY 2020 GAME? DOES IT EXIST? SURELY NINTENDO WOULDN'T LEAVE NOVEMBER HANGING RIGHT?
That's my actual question. Tbh, I doubt so much we are getting one

TTF

Smash Journeyman
So that Mario 35th was pretty good!
  • Super Mario 3D World with an add on Bowser's Fury. If I have to guess it's a mode that allows you to play as Bowser.
  • A Game & Watch that plays the old Super Mario and also works as a clock.
  • Mario Kart Live Home Circuit. If I was younger I'd be begging for this as a birthday or Christmas present, very likely gonna be a hit with the kids. Kind of wonder if they'll make more characters besides Mario & Luigi?
  • Cat Mario & Cat Peach amiibo. And I told myself that I was only gonna limit myself to 3rd party Smash characters amiibos only.
  • Super Mario 3D Collection is real! Weird how it's only a limited release after March though.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The 3D collection will be a limited run both digital and physical. With the digital going away on March 2021.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Im not going to say the collection isn't cool and all, but it's kind of pointless if you aren't going to actually improve the controls or graphics. Plus it's kind of crappy that they neglected galaxy 2 AND it's only a limited time release. Thats all I can say without going on another anti-corporation rant, really.

Oh, and I want my Geno please. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Thoughts? Where does this leave smash spec now?
images (1).jpeg

Everything is going as expected. First the Mario presentation and then... The Dunk of the Decade ™. Hang tight comrades and reset the clock. I get the feeling we really are in the final 7 days this time.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I´m starting to wonder if Snap might be it.
See I've considered that (and seen atleast one claim the internal date is November 20th) but the Pokemon company has been far more communicative on things than Nintendo and actually held a direct, and they still haven't said anything about the game and never even dated it for 2020.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I'll still be buying everything shown today since Mario is my favorite series outside of Smash and I'm a collector, but it was kinda underwhelming yeah. It's been a long time since I've played those three 3D games though so it will be fun to revisit them.

As for Geno, still hoping he is shown within the next week or two. The next Amiibo wave comes out in a month so we're bound to get another character soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm just gonna say that the shoes that were leaked solidified the collection being real to me.

Also, a limited release on both physical and digital copies? Wow. That's pretty stupid.

And now "The Big One" is supposed to come around real soon. I don't know what it is, but I have just a tiny bit of excitement in me.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
BRUH! BRRRRUUUUUUH!!!!

The mad lads actually went and shadow UPLOADED a Super Mario 35th Anniversary Direct (honestly though, almost everything had been rumored/leaked for quite some time)?!?!?! When I opened up YouTube this morning and saw that video just nonchalantly there among the top vids, I chuckled. Albeit a short direct, but one heck of a good one. Super Mario 3D Collection coming out on the 18th boys!!! WE RE-LIVING IT!!! And as Heoj Heoj pointed out earlier, that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mario-themed tournament being announced... heh, yeah that gave me HUGE Geno vibes. No exact date for the tournament; if everything Mario related is already in the game, why not announce it with a bit more details? Oh wait, I guess we still don't have all the Super Mario-themed content in the game yet. :denzel:

whispers
Geno is real.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
See I've considered that (and seen atleast one claim the internal date is November 20th) but the Pokemon company has been far more communicative on things than Nintendo and actually held a direct, and they still haven't said anything about the game and never even dated it for 2020.
November is usually the month that TPC sticks with their major titles, so I could see that. And if that's the cause, then we would have the November game.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
I just woke up and I'm so excited for the remasters!! Kinda odd that they're only releasing til march.. but still very exciting! I'm waiting for the listing to show up on Amazon to pre-order, but in the meantime how're we feeling about Geno? The stars are aligning lads! Wish we could've gotten Super Mario RPG in this direct for SNES Online but hey I'm grateful we even got something

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Think back to last month/July, when that one week we were supposed to have a Direct and it seemingly got delayed, but all of the notable insiders suddenly started memeposting about Geno and SMRPG the same way that they did right before Banjo was revealed, until the day of and it was a Partner Showcase and then suddenly they all backed off. But then this week there’s been more SMRPG memeposting, and even like today a bunch of insiders just blatantly called out the Mario Direct leading up to it.

I’m pretty confident that Geno is coming, and it seems a lot of people in the know definitely know about it at this point, So it’s all just a question of when he’s actually going to be revealed. But now that we’ve got the Mario Direct from March out of the way, next stop is E3 showcase, which could be as soon as next week. And with E3 comes character reveals, so I think we’re in the endgame now, but truly for real this time

EDIT: Imagine if they just shadowdropped it out of nowhere tomorrow though, that would be a fun ride.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
so does this direct lower the chances of the next smash character being a mario rep or does it up it.

I personally think the fact that they announced a smash tourney in the mario direct that’s mario themed and taking place November/December upa a mario reps chances

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Geno fans at Geno likely being next:

GameFAQs and /v/ at Geno likely being next:

God damn it, Fatman! Don't you do this to me! I've spent weeks touting absolute indifference and mistrust toward Nintendo as a company! I finally feel safe from the pain! You can't do this! You can't make me BELIEVE again! S-stop it! You have no right to put me back on the hamster wheel! of hype!! Not when I'm finally happy now! Please, no...no.....NOOOOOO!!!

Cue Popeye laughter in the distance, fade to black

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
A little bummed at the 3D World announcement. Really wanted some new characters, but we'll see what the new mode is.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
3D World also seems to be a different physics wise as well. Mario can actually dive now (see 1:06 and the Peach clip soon after)
and according to Push they changed movement speed.

Also remember that Anniversary Twitter from a few months back? Real too.
https://twitter.com/supermario35th

Really wonder how the doubters feel right now when everything rumored around Mario for months happened today.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The reason I posted Nessun Dorma is because it's so fitting for this situation. The context of the song is that a princess will allow anyone to marry her if they correctly answer three of her riddles. If they're wrong, they're beheaded. One guy basically does the impossible and gets all three answers right. Having her ego shattered, the princess is reluctant to go through with it. The guy singing then flips the script and then challenges her to figure out his name. If she gets it right by the next day, she has permission to kill him. "Nessun Dorma" translates to let no one sleep, basically saying she can stay up all night but she won't figure it out. Despite the stakes being his very life, he's confident that he's already won and Nessun Dorma is basically him declaring his victory after overcoming something seemingly impossible. Honestly, that's the Geno fanbase right now. Done the impossible and successfully campaigned a one time character into the biggest gaming crossover of all time and cemented them in the video game hall of fame forever. It took longer than expected but the sun is rising on a new day and all I have to say is "All'alba, vinciamo!
Vinciamo! Vinciamo!"

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
so does this direct lower the chances of the next smash character being a mario rep or does it up it.

I personally think the fact that they announced a smash tourney in the mario direct that’s mario themed and taking place November/December upa a mario reps chances
If that tournament ups a Mario reps chances, I argue that we probably have to wait for November/December until we get whoever that is. It would be ironic if that is also when we get FP7 which at this point would not surprise me.

Firox

Smash Master
I mean seriously, are we going to have nothing but POOOOOOOORTS for the next 5 months?

View attachment 284342

Bravely Default 2 being 2020 at this point is a toss-up and I doubt Snap is coming anytime soon. Do they seriously have no real new games until atleast FEBRUARY? Surely not, right? Haha...
It really is disgusting how Switch has devolved into almost nothing but a port machine. Over half of its total library are ports and third-party shovelware. Then again, who needs to actually put in the work when they're raking in the dough for virtually no effort?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Well... that was certainly a Mario Direct...

Not gonna lie, after all this waiting time for something other than a Partner Showcase, I'm just more relieved than anything about Nintendo finally saying something about their upcoming first-party stuff. Still, I mostly liked what I saw. Super Mario All-Stars coming to NSO, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Super Mario Bros. 35, Super Mario 3D All-Stars... all of it was pretty cool (though the last two games mentioned being limited release is kinda ******).

Also, we didn't get a Smash reveal, but we did get some Smash Event news to celebrate Mario's anniversary... yet, the event is also scheduled for November/December, meaning this likely wasn't meant to be the event announced today, which makes the lack of one so far this week even more strange...

View attachment 284345

Everything is going as expected. First the Mario presentation and then... The Dunk of the Decade ™. Hang tight comrades and reset the clock. I get the feeling we really are in the final 7 days this time.
Imma ask you a real important question, chief... you don't have to answer if you can't or just don't want to, but if you do, I want your honest answer...

What's your earliest estimate for The Dunk of the Decade ™? The 7th? The 10th?

Also remember that Anniversary Twitter from a few months back? Real too.
https://twitter.com/supermario35th

Really wonder how the doubters feel right now when everything rumored around Mario for months happened today.
Isn't that just awesome... just wish that was also the case for a certain other Twitter account... :ultfalcon:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The reason I posted Nessun Dorma is because it's so fitting for this situation. The context of the song is that a princess will allow anyone to marry her if they correctly answer three of her riddles. If they're wrong, they're beheaded. One guy basically does the impossible and gets all three answers right. Having her ego shattered, the princess is reluctant to go through with it. The guy singing then flips the script and then challenges her to figure out his name. If she gets it right by the next day, she has permission to kill him. "Nessun Dorma" translates to let no one sleep, basically saying she can stay up all night but she won't figure it out. Despite the stakes being his very life, he's confident that he's already won and Nessun Dorma is basically him declaring his victory after overcoming something seemingly impossible. Honestly, that's the Geno fanbase right now. Done the impossible and successfully campaigned a one time character into the biggest gaming crossover of all time and cemented them in the video game hall of fame forever. It took longer than expected but the sun is rising on a new day and all I have to say is "All'alba, vinciamo!
Vinciamo! Vinciamo!"
Really getting ahead of ourselves right now methinks. We're getting something Smash related soon and I think it IS likely to be Geno, but atleast wait until stuff gets a little more clear.

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Vinciamo! Vinciamo!"
So you're sure a "Big one" is coming and this Mario direct wasn't the big payoff the whole time?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Great choices in music. My turn!

Translation for this one:
King,
King of tremendous majesty,
who freely saves those worthy ones,
save me, source of mercy.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I have to ask, do you have any knowledge of anything we don’t that actually points to Geno coming soon? Like, did anything in the Mario direct line up with other stuff you’ve heard or nah?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Wait, there was a Mario Battle Royale fangame... and it got taken down recently?
I dunno when it was taken down but it was quite different. It was still in the original style but was more along the lines of Ninji speedruns but with other player controlled Mario's as the Ninji and a cap of 99 other player's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom