• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I already finished watching it, and honestly it was pretty underwhelming for me personally, just didnt really care much at all

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Ok. Now Geno HAS to be the next fighter. Why on earth wou;d the insiders have teased him hours before a direct?

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
The Mario Kart thing it's a very... Nintendo thing to do lol but it looks pretty cool. I think that Mario Direct was okay, 3D World finally got some love.
Still, no idea about the Smash event

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Welp. The direct was good, but it seemed like good timing to announce Geno. I guess I won't be expecting him anymore, at least not as fighter 7 :/

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No we don't? It says it's later in the year.
They didn´t say anything specific date and I missed the November/December part. My bad

Also, why the fricking fridge are the 3D All-Star a limited release in both digital and physical?

Heoj

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1301511164648542209?s=20

I feel like this is newly announced mario themed tournament is something we need to look at with laser eyes right now. Notice how this tournament is said to take place somewhere in november and december.
If you ask me this is probably something really valuable for geno since hypothetically if geno was fp7 that would mean he would probably release somewhere in late september/october, meaning he would make it just in time for this tournament

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Ok, I alredy saw the Direct. Tbh, I am really dissapointed with 3D All Stars:
-Nintendo was like "Mario Galaxy 2 don't exist". I always knew was only 64, Sunshine and Galaxy but they don't mention it
-Are the same games just with music, Joycon thing in Galaxy and bigger screen, Ok 64 still with that graphics and the Blue coins in sunshine
-There are a limit offer

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Well at least we finally got some news. Disappointed they didn't update Mario 64's graphics though. And I couldn't even play that Mario Kart thing if I wanted to as I don't have the space nor do I have hardwood floors. I wonder if there were any leaks that correctly guessed anything we didn't already have rumors about?

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
So they did shadowdroped it... Oh well, I guess I can go **** myself then...
The most anticipated thing for months is actually the most disappointing thing. Nintendo did something in 2020 that fans made years ago and even better. Really, just get Dolphin, a HD texture pack, SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1 AND 2 roms and there you have it ! Super Mario 3D All Stars but bigger, better and free !
No Ultimate announcement tho ! I wonder what does that mean for Geno, Paper Mario and Waluigi

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Am I weird for saying I'd actually enjoy 3d All Stars?
Maybe it's because I grew up with a Wii, but I never played Mario 64 or Sunshine, so the ability to get them both at once is amazing to me. I probably would have prefered a Paper Mario All Stars do to my love of RPGs, but 3d Allstars is a chance for me to play games i never played.

Also my wii broke like 6 years ago so the ability to play galaxy again, even if i lack galaxy 2, is great.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1301511164648542209?s=20

I feel like this is newly announced mario themed tournament is something we need to look at with laser eyes right now. Notice how this tournament is said to take place somewhere in november and december.
If you ask me this is probably something really valuable for geno since hypothetically if geno was fp7 that would mean he would probably release somewhere in late september/october, meaning he would make it just in time for this tournament
Then why the hell wouldn't they announce him right now? That's what is confusing me. I guess they don't want to be shadowdropping Smash news but like, still. I'm still kinda frazzled right now (and blinded by dissappointment/rage that it's literally a 3 game port collection, keeping Sunshine at 30fps despite a literal Gameshark code working on Wii to make it 60 (and let's not even get into Dolphin) a limited DIGITAL RELEASE?, and not even including Galaxy 2)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Well at least we finally got some news. Disappointed they didn't update Mario 64's graphics though. And I couldn't even play that Mario Kart thing if I wanted to as I don't have the space nor do I have hardwood floors. I wonder if there were any leaks that correctly guessed anything we didn't already have rumors about?
I seriously wonder if this Toy version of Mario Kart has been the rumored Mario Kart 9 all along

Paraster

Smash Lord
Then why the hell wouldn't they announce him right now? That's what is confusing me. I guess they don't want to be shadowdropping Smash news but like, still.
Is it possible they just don't like announcing Smash stuff in themed Directs as opposed to general ones? I can't recall an instance where a themed Direct (outside of Smash-themed ones, of course) gave a character announcement.

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
ITS REAL, MARIO 3D COLLECTION IS COMING TO SWITCH I CANT HANDLE MYSELF

Very unfortunate for Galaxy 2 though, it looked like it could have been possible too.
But goddamn I am so happy right now I can’t wait to get this game

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Also, it's out in 2 weeks. Which leaves me questioning why they waiting until 2 WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE (NEW RECORD BAYBEEEEE) to reveal it? But more importantly...

IF THIS ISN'T OUT IN NOVEMBER, WHERE IN THE WORLD IS THE HOLIDAY 2020 GAME? DOES IT EXIST? SURELY NINTENDO WOULDN'T LEAVE NOVEMBER HANGING RIGHT?

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Then why the hell wouldn't they announce him right now? That's what is confusing me. I guess they don't want to be shadowdropping Smash news but like, still. I'm still kinda frazzled right now (and blinded by dissappointment/rage that it's literally a 3 game port collection, keeping Sunshine at 30fps despite a literal Gameshark code working on Wii to make it 60 (and let's not even get into Dolphin) a limited DIGITAL RELEASE?, and not even including Galaxy 2)
Assuming geno is fp7, i feel like he would have grossly overshadowed everything else and i think nintendo would know that. Besides i think a sakurai presents reveal is more likely

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Personally I don't think Geno's chances have raised or lowered at all via this direct. If he was being added for the 35th anniversity i think they'd have a reason to include him as an announcement, but if he was being added from fan demand or was supposed to be added at an earlier or later date i think they wouldn't have done so.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that this game is going to be a limited time release both on retail and digital until end of March 2021...

Of ****** course Nintendo would do that for such a highly requested game, they did the same thing for Prime Trilogy on Wii. What does it accomplish them by doing this?

MarcelinoBros92

Smash Rookie
I think more details on gifts from other franchises to Mario will come in September, but no more for this week, to avoid anything that overshadows the recent announcements.

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
As per Galaxy 2, the rumors suggested it was always likely to come later.

It's a lot harder to justify an additional $ DLC cost alongside a compilation title right at release, and probably outside the reasonable retail of 59.99 for the existing collection to bump it up to 69.99 at release.

This way, Nintendo gets that 9.99 anyways AND the 59.99 retail and they could even then push a holiday bundle with all 4 titles for the value add on holiday Switch sales.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Personally I don't think Geno's chances have raised or lowered at all via this direct. If he was being added for the 35th anniversity i think they'd have a reason to include him as an announcement, but if he was being added from fan demand or was supposed to be added at an earlier or later date i think they wouldn't have done so.
I argue that Geno´s inclusion would overshadow the rest of the stuff which is why they didn´t reveal any potential Mario related Smash character.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
As per Galaxy 2, the rumors suggested it was always likely to come later.

It's a lot harder to justify an additional $ DLC cost alongside a compilation title right at release, and probably outside the reasonable retail of 59.99 for the existing collection to bump it up to 69.99 at release.

This way, Nintendo gets that 9.99 anyways AND the 59.99 retail and they could even then push a holiday bundle with all 4 titles for the value add on holiday Switch sales.
You do realize it's a limited release right? They are discontinuing it after March and you won't even be able to buy it on the eshop anymore. Why would they add DLC to a release like this?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
3D World has Online Multiplayer, HELL HAS OFFICIALLY FROZEN OVER.
This makes me so happy!

Overall its what the whole fandom expected to be dropped, but was still pleasantly surprised with the Tetris 99 style version of Mario.

Also, I will be keeping a close eye on that Mario themed event later this year. Could it mean Geno? Maybe? It is interesting that is it happening later and not THIS WEEK.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I mean seriously, are we going to have nothing but POOOOOOOORTS for the next 5 months?

Game_Guide_Nintendo_Game_Store.png

Bravely Default 2 being 2020 at this point is a toss-up and I doubt Snap is coming anytime soon. Do they seriously have no real new games until atleast FEBRUARY? Surely not, right? Haha...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This makes me so happy!

Overall its what the whole fandom expected to be dropped, but was still pleasantly surprised with the Tetris 99 style version of Mario.

Also, I will be keeping a close eye on that Mario themed event later this year. Could it mean Geno? Maybe? It is interesting that is it happening later and not THIS WEEK.
Maybe we are getting only FP7 this year after all xD

Bravely Default 2 being 2020 at this point is a toss-up and I doubt Snap is coming anytime soon. Do they seriously have no real new games until atleast FEBRUARY? Surely not, right? Haha...
I think we should wait and see about Snap concidering TPC are more than likely going to have a last-minute presentation before Crown Tundra. Heck, who knows. Maybe Snap is their Holiday title which I could see be the cause at this point

Last edited:

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
You do realize it's a limited release right? They are discontinuing it after March and you won't even be able to buy it on the eshop anymore. Why would they add DLC to a release like this?
I kind of heard that part more as "this limited retail and digital version of the game is available for a limited time". Meaning another version would be coming after that. It is worded oddly, but I don't really expect Nintendo to start Disney vaulting titles like that so easily.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, the Direct occurred while I was at work it seems. I don't think the fact Geno wasn't in this direct really lowers his chances though. Remember, the Sakurai Presents video for FP7 will still likely happen in the near future going off the facts we have so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom